• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Let's talk about Metroid Prime 4.

If a Metroid is in development, this event would be a great place to tease it.

I really do expect a sequel to Xenoblade Chronocles X to be shown tomorrow. Monolith and Nintendo put in a lot of time and money for that engine and I bet it allowed them to easily be able to develop a sequel in a timely manner. I expect a port announcement for X and a blowout for its sequel.

I'm not sure I expect a blowout, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if their next project is teased at the very least. They'ave probably been working on it for close to two years at this point.

I wonder if I can get my dad back into Nintendo gaming. I recently checked out his Game Boy collection and his collection is actually pretty good (and hardcore). It includes games such as Gargoyles, Mega Man, Ducktales, Mystic Quest, among others. As a child, those games were too difficult for me...

More than 20 years later, he doesn't really play anymore. Maybe some phone games for short periods or point & click adventures. I also recommended the Lara Croft Go and Deus Ex Go titles from the Amazon store, just like Monument Valley. With the latest Ubisoft promotion he also downloaded Assassin's Creed and I gave him my Xbox 360 controller. Seems like he enjoys it. That's probably the first really hardcore game he's playing since Resident Evil 4 on Wii.

Looking at the footage of Rime, I think it's exactly the kind of game he'd enjoy nowadays.

I hope you will buy a switch and play it with your dad together. It seems to be a great local multiplayer machine.

Scrawnton

I feel like Metroid Prime 4 is in development and it will retain its gameplay but will have a big twist that differentiates it from the original trilogy. It will not be open world but I can see it adopting some horror elements from a Alien Isolation and also some larger map design in certain areas.

These comments just made me imagine a 2.5D Metroid with the option to go first person and scan for details/secrets. As much as I loved Prime, I enjoyed the exploration above all else.

By the sounds of it different styles of Metroid are being experimented with but with Federation Force carrying the Prime branding and continuing the story I'm going to assume one of them is Prime 4. Maybe they have another Metroid game in development too.

Next Level Games did a good job with Federation Force and I would love for them to have more creative freedom with the franchise, let them do something brand new from the ground up.

Xjk2ir0.jpg

!

All I need is to hear this music and I'll break down.

https://youtu.be/YfGsArRQjKE

By the sounds of it different styles of Metroid are being experimented with but with Federation Force carrying the Prime branding and continuing the story I'm going to assume one of them is Prime 4. Maybe they have another Metroid game in development too.

Next Level Games did a good job with Federation Force and I would love for them to have more creative freedom with the franchise, let them do something brand new from the ground up.

I agree Metroid Prime 4 would be the next Metroid since Nintendo purposefully put Metroid Prime in the title of Federation Force.

delSai

I'm really going from feeling positive about this reveal to not feeling positive at all. I dont know how to set my expectations, i want Nintendo to Wow me and get me back. I honestly dont even have insane expectations and dreams but i still fear that i will be disappointed with the few things i want. When i look back at the last Nintendo Console i owned, the Gamecube, it was mostly Third Party games that i used to play. Sure, i love Smash and Mario Kart, but something like Naruto Clash of Ninja, Gauntlet and Serious Sam brought me much more joy. I kinda want 'em to recapture this magic. Maybe this is already expecting too much. I dont know.

When i look at their own IPs i just cant seem to find interest in them anymore. I would love to try Tomodachi Life because it looks insane and i love Animal Crossing but for AC they would have to change a few things up to make me go "Okay, i will get a Switch for this now." I guess saying "MMO-like" works the best. Let me create a Town, invite friends and then it's open to them. Obviously in that kind of mode it would have to be online only.

I think im on the safer side if i am going in expecting nothing to get me all hyped, but maybe a bit down the line i am finally getting back home to Nintendo. Good Luck Nintendo.

I feel like Metroid Prime 4 is in development and it will retain its gameplay but will have a big twist that differentiates it from the original trilogy. It will not be open world but I can see it adopting some horror elements from a Alien Isolation and also some larger map design in certain areas.

So the Metroid fusion of 3D Metroid

Wii Sports was the main focus on the Wii. By a landslide.

Many Wiis were sold and used exclusively as Wii Sports machines.
Wii has one of the highest software tie ratios of any Nintendo machine. If there were a lot of Wii Sports-only machines, the rest of the owners must have been SERIOUS game buyers.

Scrawnton

I'm not sure I expect a blowout, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if their next project is teased at the very least. They'ave probably been working on it for close to two years at this point.

Visually I do not think much has to be done for a sequel. Obviously take the resolution up to 1080p and stabilize the framerate with more added effects. Xenoblade X was already a looker that could stand up to PS4, with the exception of New LA.

Prime 4 would also be the first game in the series to feature dual analog movement and in that regard it could be a first person showcase for the Switch. A Prime Hunters or Prime 2-esque multiplayer mode could broaden the appeal.

Alebrije

Gold Member
Tomorrow's. megaton : Resident Evil 7. This would mean Capcom is serious about support.

Also Really hope Metroid prime series returns.

Scrawnton

So the Metroid fusion of 3D Metroid
I honestly wouldn't know. I never played Metroid Fusion. Isn't that game broken into a mission structure and does not contain a cohesive world?

Prime 4 would also be the first game in the series to feature dual analog movement and in that regard it could be a first person showcase for the Switch. A Prime Hunters or Prime 2-esque multiplayer mode could broaden the appeal.

A multiplayer mode would broaden the appeal but I don't think Nintendo really needs that now that they have Splatoon. I know they're different games but Nintendo might not want to waste their time again on a multiplayer mode for Metroid when they're pushing Splatoon into esports territory.

DonShula

Zelda is enough to get me to buy a Switch. I'm going to expect tons of surprises because I don't think they could let me down to the point that I'd not want to preorder. I expect tons of first party games in year one - still banking on the premise that focusing development on a single console results in twice as many games. I'm a Wii U owner who's waited through the drought and I am owed Nintendo goodness. Zelda is enough to start but I'm expecting big thangs.

A multiplayer mode would broaden the appeal but I don't think Nintendo really needs that now that they have Splatoon. I know they're different games but Nintendo might not want to waste their time again on a multiplayer mode for Metroid when they're pushing Splatoon into esports territory.

Valid point. I would much rather they put all their resources into a solid single player experience anyway.

Scrawnton

All the WiiU VC titles will move over to Switch right? I really want to finish EarthBound.
Wii U launched without VC and Nintendo stumbled it out of the gate six months later. Do not get your hopes up.

Valid point. I would much rather they put all their resources into a solid single player experience anyway.
A highly polished 20-25 hour single player adventure is what it needs to be.

Alebrije

Gold Member
Why stop there? Port over every Resident Evil that is currently on PS4 and Xbox One.
REmake HD, Zero HD, 4, 5, 6, 7, Revelations 2. Heck even Umbrella Corps.

I would do very bad things for a portable RE4.

Would be great, even an Evil Within port from Bethesta

Wii U launched without VC and Nintendo stumbled it out of the gate six months later. Do not get your hopes up.

I don't think that's going to happen again. I expect VC at launch. Both 3DS and Wii U felt like their launches were a bit rushed. I'm not getting that vibe with Switch at all. I think we're looking at a Nintendo whose incredibly prepared and confident in this product .

Shiggy

I hope you will buy a switch and play it with your dad together. It seems to be a great local multiplayer machine.

After not buying the Wii U, I think the Switch with its ports has enough for me already. The portable design is also more suitable for me as I am not home most of the time.

Scrawnton

I don't think that's going to happen again. I expect VC at launch. Both 3DS and Wii U felt like their launches were a bit rushed. I'm not getting that vibe with Switch at all. I think we're looking at a Nintendo whose incredibly prepared and confident in this product .
I personally expect the three GameCube VC games at launch and that is all. I wouldn't mind if they only launched with GCN VC and at E3 they announced all other systems and dump atleast 100 games that day.

Kikorin

I really hope to see a new Wario platform game on Switch.

But the real megaton for tomorrow would be the announce of a game with Waluigi like main character, maybe Waluigi's mansion.

I'm predicting they will do a slide transition for "This is Breath of the Wild on Wii U... And this is it in Switch". It's a very non-Nintendo move, but they really need something like that to sell the difference in power.

DonShula

From a purely business standpoint I expect VC to be delayed at least a month. They'll want to sell $60 games first, then offer you $5/$10/$20 games.

I personally expect the three GameCube VC games at launch and that is all.

I mean, that's already better than no VC at all. But I think there will be more than that, but it won't be all that impressive. A handful of NES, SNES, N64, and GCN games on day one.

From a purely business standpoint I expect VC to be delayed at least a month. They'll want to sell $60 games first, then offer you $5/$10/$20 games.

Didn't work this way with Wii and it had zero affect on software sales.

I personally expect the three GameCube VC games at launch and that is all.

really? I think we'll at least get a small selection of NES/SNES games as well. No "big name" titles but they'll have something there. I also expect/hope that they'll re-brand things to just "Nintendo Classics" to go along with the NES Classic and future machines. Virtual Console just doesn't seem to carry the weight it used to.

Scrawnton

I'm predicting they will do a slide transition for "This is Breath of the Wild on Wii U... And this is it in Switch". It's a very non-Nintendo move, but they really need something like that to sell the difference in power.
"Do you see that device that plays Breath of the Wild on the tv? Well this device plays that same exact game on a portable and it's even crisper and snappier on a tv when docked."

That's all they need to say. I don't think BotW will have drastic graphic differences outside of stable frame rates.

Marvie_3

Banned

But the real megaton for tomorrow would be the announce of a game with Waluigi like main character, maybe Waluigi's mansion.
Gimme a game like the Mario & Luigi games but with Wario and Waluigi.

m4st4

A highly polished 20-25 hour single player adventure is what it needs to be.

No guys why... :(

Ok, let me re-phrase it. If they eventually release Mother 3 for Switch, EarthBound will happen as well?

Pre-installed VC titles should be almost mandatory though but yeah that's Nintendo for you.

really? I think we'll at least get a small selection of NES/SNES games as well. No "big name" titles but they'll have something there. I also expect/hope that they'll re-brand things to just "Nintendo Classics" to go along with the NES Classic and future machines. Virtual Console just doesn't seem to carry the weight it used to.

Good call. Yeah, I think Virtual Console is kind of a lame name at this point.

But the real megaton for Tomorrowland would be the announce of a game with Waluigi like main character, maybe Waluigi's mansion.
Waluigi Sneak & Love was an idea they had at GameTrailers which I still think is the best idea for a Waluigi game to date. If I remember right it's a stealth game where you're trying to help people fall in love without them noticing you messing with things.

No guys why... :(

Ok, let me re-phrase it. If they eventually release Mother 3 for Switch, EarthBound will happen as well?

Pre-installed VC titles should be almost mandatory though but yeah that's Nintendo for you.

earthbound is a given at some point soonish, it is one of the biggest selling VC titles

Scrawnton

I mean, that's already better than no VC at all. But I think there will be more than that, but it won't be all that impressive. A handful of NES, SNES, N64, and GCN games on day one.

Didn't work this way with Wii and it had zero affect on software sales.

I think they SHOULD launch it with 100 VC games ready to go day one. That carries a lot of weight with people feeling like there is content from the get go. This device has no BC with its previous systems so giving them the option to purchase a vast library of classics day one is the best way to make consumers feel like the content is there.

Mr Swine

Banned

Wario Land 3D and I would break down like the man child I am :p

Oh and for the love of god gimme a 2D Metroid game and not the Prime games, they are spin offs and I really want a continuation of Fusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom