• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrawnton

Let's talk about more Metroid : )

I will say that there is no way they show a new 2D Metroid game. The Prime series has always been a looker and Nintendo is going to want to show how Switch packs a strong punch in the graphical department. If a new Metroid is shown it will be a 3D game.

toa95

Gimme a game like the Mario & Luigi games but with Wario and Waluigi.

I would love something like this, could really shake those games up if it's Wario and Waluigi.

really? I think we'll at least get a small selection of NES/SNES games as well. No "big name" titles but they'll have something there. I also expect/hope that they'll re-brand things to just "Nintendo Classics" to go along with the NES Classic and future machines. Virtual Console just doesn't seem to carry the weight it used to.

Plus if they went with "Nintendo Classics" I could see them releasing carts with 20-30 games on them for each system, depending on if they keep doing the Mini consoles into the future.

marmoka

Banned
The real surprise for me would be Metroid Dread(5?) with 2.5D graphics, and Metroid Prime 4 in first and/or third person with the possibility to choose perspective.

Imagine if they realised a Metroid 2 Remake, that it's actually AM2R, this time released officially... I would buy it, even if I played it half a year ago, to show my support to Metroid, and that great project.

AGoodODST

I really hope Pikmin 4 is still a thing and didn't get turned into that awful looking 3DS game.

It would be awesome to see it tomorrow (and Bingo Battle!).

Scrawnton

I would love something like this, could really shake those games up if it's Wario and Waluigi.

The recent gamexplain podcast talks about that. They mention it should be a game where their motivation is to commit crimes to steal wealth but they always accidentally save someone or something so people think they are heroes. It's a great premise.

I really hope Pikmin 4 is still a thing and didn't get turned into that awful looking 3DS game.

I think the team making the 3DS Pikmin never made a Pikmin game before so the OG team might actually be making a Switch game.

I think they SHOULD launch it with 100 VC games ready to go day one. That carries a lot of weight with people feeling like there is content from the get go. This device has no BC with its previous systems so giving them the option to purchase a vast library of classics day one is the best way to make consumers feel like the content is there.

while we as the hardcore may think that's a great idea dumping a tonne of titles for sale at once doesn't really make business sense as people will only buy so many, I think the best we can hope for is if switch sell better than Wii U they may release them at a slightly brisker pace than the Wii U drip feed

ultrazilla

Whispers.......*"you weren't supposed to know that you could take Switch NES virtual console games and transfer them to the Classic Mini!"*.

Kidding of course

AGITΩ;228077717 said:
Just got signage at my store for march 17th

MEGATON.

Scrawnton

while we as the hardcore may think that's a great idea dumping a tonne of titles for sale at once doesn't really make business sense as people will only buy so many, I think the best we can hope for is if switch sell better than Wii U they may release them at a slightly brisker pace than the Wii U drip feed

But Nintendo has to do all they can to restore faith in VC because after Wii U a lot of their fans have zero faith in VC being any good on Switch.

Plus if they went with "Nintendo Classics" I could see them releasing carts with 20-30 games on them for each system, depending on if they keep doing the Mini consoles into the future.

That's something I never considered before! I definitely love that idea!

Koppai

VEmo9ct.jpg

Just condensed the Wii U section down to one 4 ft section and put up the Switch poster. Waiting for Wii U stuff to hit clearance.

As far as March 17th, I called that along time ago lol.

toa95

The recent gamexplain podcast talks about that. They mention it should be a game where their motivation is to commit crimes to steal wealth but they always accidentally save someone or something so people think they are heroes. It's a great premise.

That sounds amazing... Man now I'm going to be disappointed that that will never exist.

DonShula

Truly hope Bingo Battle and co-op are standard in all Pikmin games moving forward. So much fun. I rarely complete all content in a game but my household ran through all of that multiplayer content and still wanted more. Most satisfied I've been with DLC in awhile.

AGITΩ

VEmo9ct.jpg

Just condensed the Wii U section down to one 4 ft section and put up the Switch poster. Waiting for Wii U stuff to hit clearance.
So we mightve gotten sent the wrong signage. They were about to set the plano at my store but the sign sign only had one image saying "available march 17th"
Best buy too, right?

I will say that there is no way they show a new 2D Metroid game. The Prime series has always been a looker and Nintendo is going to want to show how Switch packs a strong punch in the graphical department. If a new Metroid is shown it will be a 3D game.

I would gladly welcome a 2.5D Metroid with all the bells and whistles. I am sure it would nice to. Just continue the story from Metroid Fusion. Prime 4 after.

AGITΩ;228078061 said:
So we mightve gotten sent the wrong signage. They were about to set the plano at my store but the sign sign only had one image saying "available march 17th"
Best buy too, right?

Do you Best Buy folk have a clue about pre-orders? I'm hoping to get one at BB.

Scrawnton

How big are we expecting these games things to be? The reason I go digital is so I don't need to keep a bunch of physical media around.
Ehhh I'd say atleast 20gb average depending on the game. Much larger for some but maybe as low as 10gb for some of Nintendo's first party output.

Baleoce

I'm all in on them cartridges. Only way I'm playing this time around. Carry all the games with me like I would with a 3DS. Will get the biggest size SD card to manage updates and DLC and whatnot.

I think the team making the 3DS Pikmin never made a Pikmin game before so the OG team might actually be making a Switch game.

I'm pretty sure most people think it's Arzest if I remember correctly, the studio that made Yoshi's New Island and Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games 3DS version. It definitely resembled Yoshi's New Island a bit in the way it looks. Though it's not confirmed, I wouldn't be surprised at all if its Arzest.

Koppai

AGITΩ;228078061 said:
Best buy too, right?
Yeah this sign doesn't say that. But sounds like March 17th is the sweet spot.

I have vacation time to burn through so I'm gonna take a few days off when it comes out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom