• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some perspective; the GAME I ordered from (Cardiff) had about 40 pre-orders when I went there and according to the cashier that's supposedly the largest amount so far in the country. Also remember that the US market is much, much bigger in the UK; I posted before that 100 Switches to every GAME is about 30,000 lower than 20 Switches to every US Gamestop.
They already let you pre order in store???

Welp

BizzyBum

F that. If you want one you best be checking DURING the conference. I already have the amazon page open hitting F5 every 5 minutes.

5 minutes? It'll have a dedicated window open along with the conference and I'll be F5'ing every few seconds. lol

I signed up for the 30 day Prime trial just for this.

rrs

think I'm hitting up best buy tomorrow for a pre-order, anyone know what the reserve prices are there usually?

It's a bit different though because we had more than 2 minutes to preorder the PS4. I did right after the E3 press conference and I still could have in October.

And there were tons at launch looking for a PS4.

Yes this is Nintendo and they do have a history. I just posted that post in hopes in limiting over reactions.

N° 2048

EZA music

tumblr_lgqwsbEa891qfjmnk.gif

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
When the heck is this stream? for some reason I thought it was like 2pm earlier today. But ive been at work all day.

SuperSah

Banned
For some perspective; the GAME I ordered from (Cardiff) had about 40 pre-orders when I went there and according to the cashier that's supposedly the largest amount so far in the country. Also remember that the US market is much, much bigger in the UK; I posted before that 100 Switches to every GAME is about 30,000 lower than 20 Switches to every US Gamestop.

So is that good or bad? Sorry it's pretty late here so my mind is half asleep.

UK here and starting to flag.

Want to drink through the remaining hour or so but have eaten too many Twiglets and now feel sick.

I'm also still eating them.

Shit tastes like burnt out wood :p

$250 is great
$300 is fine
$350 is pushing it
any higher and nintendo is insane

This is 100% correct.

$250? Way too generous
$300? Perfectly okay with this price
$350? If I don't get a pre-order on Amazon to prevent me from losing money now, I guess it'll have to wait
Anything about $350? I can wait awhile for the console.

kromeo

Is this really going to be sold out on places like Amazon within hours? No console I've ever pre ordered before has been anything like that.. I didn't get a Wii or DS at launch so can't comment on those

Ristifer

I'm on no sleep (no sleep). But whatever. I'm also prepared for disappointment. Just give me some kind of Metroid. Even if it's a tease, at least I know it's real.

Mate you could have pre-ordered before Christmas. They've even had advertisements and a competition running for a while now.
Lmao rip

I have an online pre order with them already tho, since before new years. Going to try for amazon this morning anyway, and any other retailers that pop up over the next few days.

Plum

So is that good or bad? Sorry it's pretty late here so my mind is half asleep.

It's good; essentially if you aren't super late you should be perfectly fine in ordering one online. You can order one from GAME online right now but... I wouldn't, they're not that great for online preorders.

Live in a city of about 230,000 and I've called two of our four GameStops... They didn't know how many units they were getting in stock and all they could guarantee was that pre-orders start tomorrow.

Gonna pre-order through amazon just in case I miss out on GameStop tomorrow.

messiaen

One thing that the Switch does have going for it, is that it's not launching during the holiday season. Should make finding it at least a little more pleasant. Those poor workers during the Wii launch must've had the worst time with pissed off parents.

SuperSah

Banned
It's good; essentially if you aren't super late you should be perfectly fine in ordering one online. You can order one from GAME online right now but... I wouldn't, they're not that great for online preorders.

I have a online GAME preorder in. Also gonna try get an Amazon one in and cancel GAME's.

I have two Gamestops within 5 miles of me. One is in a mall with two entrances, one is in a shopping center. Both receive the same amount of foot traffic.

Which should I go to in the morning?

Kenclops

Banned
So many WiiU's will appear on Ebay tommorow

Nope. Nintendo has this idea in their head: be the first thing someone wants to play with. They released Mario on iphone for that reason. Now they've taken that idea and made a physical manifestation of it. When you go to play Wii U or PC games, you'll grab the Switch to wirelessly stream them to your system.

Plum

I have a online GAME preorder in. Also gonna try get an Amazon one in and cancel GAME's.

You should be fine. Just get there right when it opens though to make sure. I did that with the NES Classic and everything worked out perfectly. Remember that the US is a lot bigger and full of a lot more Nintendo fans, preorders are rarely as bad over here in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom