• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrawnton

I'm all in on them cartridges. Only way I'm playing this time around. Carry all the games with me like I would with a 3DS. Will get the biggest size SD card to manage updates and DLC and whatnot.
This is my plan. I am all digital on my 3DS and I have a 128gb card in it. It will be impossible for me to go all digital on Switch and have all my games on me at once on an SD card so I am just going to go all physical this time around.

Calm Mind

Nintendo is about to show out.

5tvv9Q6.gif

toa95

This is my plan. I am all digital on my 3DS and I have a 128gb card in it. It will be impossible for me to go all digital on Switch and have all my games on me at once on an SD card so I am just going to go all physical this time around.

I'm still debating between physical and digital... I am split half and half for 3DS and Wii U... I guess it just depends how big the games are...

Ehhh I'd say atleast 20gb average depending on the game. Much larger for some but maybe as low as 10gb for some of Nintendo's first party output.

Ahh, that doesn't seem too bad. I just want a card with some mario kart and Zelda and a few other first party stuff. I was playing mario kart 8 with a mate and I remembered how much I missed playing that game with the family.

Xdrive05

Ehhh I'd say atleast 20gb average depending on the game. Much larger for some but maybe as low as 10gb for some of Nintendo's first party output.

I think 16gb is the stated default game cart size from Nintendo. Obviously larger will be available to devs, even if not at first.

Peltz

I'm pretty sure most people think it's Arzest if I remember correctly, the studio that made Yoshi's New Island and Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games 3DS version. It definitely resembled Yoshi's New Island a bit in the way it looks. Though it's not confirmed, I wouldn't be surprised at all if its Arzest.
If it's Arzest, I'll probably pass on it.

Asking this again because I got buried at the end of a page. What's the default memory size we expect? I'm thinking one SKU at 32Gb. I just haven't seen anything else comparable that goes higher than that for a reasonable uptick in price. It's usually a $50 to $100 difference in SKU's to go from 32Gb to 64Gb.

Yeah, I'm a little bit worried about the storage on the system TBH. Apparently you can't use a USB HD and SD cards max out at 128 gb. So what does that mean if you want to go all digital? I can't imagine this thing having an insane amount of internal storage, but hopefully I'm wrong

Moltenix

Anyone feel that having NX/Switch skip E3 2016 in favor of this big event was the right call?

Hype levels are through the roof and Nintendo has pretty much got the next few days to themselves. Everyone is going to be reporting nothing but Switch stuff.

Let's take it further, how would you feel if Nintendo slowly dropped out of E3 going forward and instead, host big Switchmas-like events during other parts of the year? Or do you think E3 is still important for Nintendo to attend?

Xdrive05

Don't be too excited guys, they will obviously have three days of live-streaming of Wii U ports and Zelda. Nothing new.

That's realistically the worst possible scenario, and it would still tickle me shitless. Zelda alone is a big deal.

We should get something new, still. Hopefully at least a few somethings.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
When Nintendo decides to show off, they freaking show off.

Get the fuck out of here, E3.
They just need the smallest booth at E3 with a gigantic queue as a result, with fans all playing Switch in LAN while waiting. The gif of this scene would be sogood.gif.

Asking this again because I got buried at the end of a page. What's the default memory size we expect? I'm thinking one SKU at 32Gb. I just haven't seen anything else comparable that goes higher than that for a reasonable uptick in price. It's usually a $50 to $100 difference in SKU's to go from 32Gb to 64Gb.

i'd assume 32gb for the standard 128gb for the premium, the only reason other manufacturers have such a big uptick for such small increases is price gouging

Scrawnton

Let's ask the important question regarding Zelda. Do you think it will have dungeons and will Nintendo show it tomorrow or just more open world stuff?

phanphare

Banned
Anyone feel that having NX/Switch skip E3 2016 in favor of this big event was the right call?

Hype levels are through the roof and Nintendo has pretty much got the next few days to themselves. Everyone is going to be reporting nothing but Switch stuff.

Let's take it further, how would you feel if Nintendo slowly dropped out of E3 going forward and instead, host big Switchmas-like events during other parts of the year? Or do you think E3 is still important for Nintendo to attend?

oh yeah. june to march is way too much time. plus by hyping the shit out of BotW they were essentially hyping the Switch because it's going to be the premier launch title.

win win for Nintendo

Scrawnton

Ooooh, that Treehouse stream will be full of glorious SPLATOON gameplay! They'll play it for hours straight.

You mean they'll play for thirty minutes and then go on a thirty minute break and make us stare at a screen shot and repeat the cycle for 12 hours?

Let's ask the important question regarding Zelda. Do you think it will have dungeons and will Nintendo show it tomorrow or just more open world stuff?

Honest question... Do you want to see the dungeons?

I rather like that we're mostly just seeing open world. It feels like they aren't spoiling a bunch of content.

It feels right now, but I'm still annoyed we had to wait so long.

RobotVM

Based off the leak accessories I think you will be able to use multiple SD cards with one system. Basically when you fill one up swap it out.

LordKano

Honest question... Do you want to see the dungeons?

I rather like that we're mostly just seeing open world. It feels like they aren't spoiling a bunch of content.

I want to see a few rooms of one of the big dungeons, just to see the scale. I don't need to see anything more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom