• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AGITΩ

Nvm on my original claim. I had our merch team pull out the signage and it was just the march 2017 sign. Not 17th. Ill keep digging and see if they sent us anything else.

Edit: only finding NX forecast skus 2 actually. But until NOA branding

Glix

Anything in particular you guys would like me to look for/photograph on Saturday at the hands on event?

#stealthbrag

Scrawnton

Honest question... Do you want to see the dungeons?

I rather like that we're mostly just seeing open world. It feels like they aren't spoiling a bunch of content.
I want to see one dungeon to know they are there. The one thing that will take my hype away in an instant is by saying traditional dungeons are gone and replaced with shrines.

Baleoce

Let's ask the important question regarding Zelda. Do you think it will have dungeons and will Nintendo show it tomorrow or just more open world stuff?

I mean, I'm up for this new approach they have going as much as the next person, but it has to have some traditional dungeons as well, surely.

Xdrive05

Let's ask the important question regarding Zelda. Do you think it will have dungeons and will Nintendo show it tomorrow or just more open world stuff?

It will definitely have dungeons, though maybe only four of them. And if Zelda is a launch title then there's a good chance a/the dungeon/s will be shown off since there's not much time left. But Zelda may only get significant show time during the treehouse event on Friday, assuming tomorrow is primarily about promoting the rest of the lineup and not so much about re-hyping Zelda again. Who knows.

13ruce

Banned
I want to see a few rooms of one of the big dungeons, just to see the scale. I don't need to see anything more.

Same for me Nintendo should hold of much spoilers this game is about exploring and surviving and saving a destroyed Hyrule.

Spoiling whole dungeons and other things would ruin that big time.

phanphare

Banned
I personally don't want to see any dungeons before playing BotW

maybe show the entrance of one and the name to confirm they're there and tease it but that's it

Any updates to pre-order news? Trying to determine what time I go to get in/start a line at Gamestop on Friday. Really want to know if I can pre-order more than one, as I need three for my house (myself, son, and daughter.)

Imagine if they get everyone hyped only to show off Zelda and only Zelda every single day. lol

E3 2016 parts 2, 3 and 4! They'll just play through the entire game and reveal that no one else can ever play BoTW. It's "lets play" the game and can only be experienced on Switch via the Youtube app.

Scrawnton

I mean, I'm up for this new approach they have going as much as the next person, but it has to have some traditional dungeons as well, surely.
How do you think they'll handle them? Make all the dungeons mandatory but you will only know that once you approach the dark castle in the center? like you play most of the game doing whatever you want and when you have the courage to go after the calamity they tell you to first go to these four or five places to break the seals and then the game becomes a linear dungeon structure like Zelda?

Three days of live streaming gameplay indicates to me that they are about to announce a metric butt ton of games.

I'd measure that expectation. Just because they're going to be streaming a lot doesn't mean it will be all original content.

-Splattoon demo
-Interview with Splatoon creator
-Some press people invited to play and streaming their splatoon match
-A splatoon tournament with selected fans.
-Rerunning various content

Just my thoughts.

13ruce

Banned
How do you think they'll handle them? Make all the dungeons mandatory but you will only know that once you approach the dark castle in the center? like you play most of the game doing whatever you want and when you have the courage to go after the calamity they tell you to first go to these four or five places to break the seals and then the game becomes a linear dungeon structure like Zelda?

You can go to the final boss (according to Nintendo at last e3) at the very start of the game if you want, so they are not mandatory but they will probably grant you powers or stuff to make that final fight easier.

DonShula

I'd measure that expectation. Just because they're going to be streaming a lot doesn't mean it will be all original content.

-Splattoon demo
-Interview with Splatoon creator
-Some press people invited to play and streaming their splatoon match
-A splatoon tournament with selected fans.
-Rerunning various content

Just my thoughts.

I'm well aware I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

Based off the leak accessories I think you will be able to use multiple SD cards with one system. Basically when you fill one up swap it out.

I never even considered that the opposite could be true. But I guess phones have those dumb internal µSD ports, so you never know. edit: also, the port for expansion cards are allegedly on the outside of the Switch, under the kickstand, so there's that

I think people who go download-only do so because they don't *want* to carry around multiple cards to switch around. It's a minor hassle, to be sure, but it's more more accessible and convenient to just have a box that holds everything.

(as for me, I just never really liked how big and clunky optical discs were and was always a fan of the TurboGrafx-16 cards, so being able to fit a Switch in one pocket -- I measured using an Atari Lynx -- and eighty games in the other pocket is tolerable)

Scrawnton

You can go to the final boss (according to Nintendo at last e3) at the very start of the game if you want, so they are not mandatory but they will probably grant you powers or stuff to make that final fight easier.
I know that's what they said but I honestly don't believe that. There will be atleast ten hours of linear hoop jumping in this game.

SuperSah

Banned
Just got off the phone with Kimishima. He gave me early insight into the bombs, but since I'm a GAFfer with a magnum dong, it is my duty to deliver the goods:

1) Metroid Federation Switch Force coming at launch - It's the 3DS title at 1080/60 as Nintendo feels it didn't receive the exposure it deserved

2) £300/$300 since Nintendo

3) BotW to be worldwide delayed until Winter 2017, in the mean time you'll get Skyward Sword HD and like it

4) Joy-Con batteries last 40 minutes and the console itself 20 minutes, so pls dock

please enjoy

I never even considered that the opposite could be true. But I guess phones have those dumb internal µSD ports, so you never know.

I think people who go download-only do so because they don't *want* to carry around multiple cards to switch around. It's a minor hassle, to be sure, but it's more more accessible and convenient to just have a box that holds everything.

(as for me, I just never really liked how big and clunky optical discs were and was always a fan of the TurboGrafx-16 cards, so being able to fit a Switch in one pocket -- I measured using an Atari Lynx -- and eighty games in the other pocket is tolerable)

People have been floating this idea around and I'm not sure I buy into it. My biggest argument against it is how Nintendo would verify that you own the games on a given SD card.

I'm not saying that it's physically impossible to do so, or that you can't give people a grace period to prove they own a game, but... This is the company that permanently tied digital purchases to your actual system for Wii-U/3DS. I don't expect them to make this dramatic of a shift with Switch.

Scrawnton

Yeah i am skeptical too because how would that work without butchering the story or something else.

Yeah I'm skeptical about it too. Surely you'll at least need some item or items acquired in the main dungeons?
Unless they just hand you the master sword the moment you enter the bosses area, there will be some linear sequencing involving dungeons.

Doesn't the games logo feature a rusty master sword? So that'll be atleast three dungeons to get the master sword and then two to polish the rust off.

Damn man... You're dreaming big and I like it!

I really don't think i'm dreaming much, wii u lanched 4 and a half years prior with the options being 8gb/32gb I see no reason why quadrupling those after this amount of time would be difficult for Nintendo (while i'm pulling this out my ass a bit i'd imagine they could do 64gb/256gb and it'd still cost them less than the wii u storage)

I really don't think i'm dreaming much, wii u lanched 4 and a half years prior with the options being 8gb/32gb I see no reason why quadrupling those after this amount of time would be difficult for Nintendo (while i'm pulling this out my ass a bit i'd imagine they could do 64gb/256gb and it'd still cost them less than the wii u storage)

I'd agree with you if the market didn't suggest otherwise. Tablets and smartphones charge between $50 to $150 extra for flash memory bumps like that. Obviously that's a decent markup but I don't see Nintendo breaking ground in this field. There's a reason that companies like Samsung and Apple haven't changed the status quo here.

Tom Nook

Just got off the phone with Kimishima. He gave me early insight into the bombs, but since I'm a GAFfer with a magnum dong, it is my duty to deliver the goods:

1) Metroid Federation Switch Force coming at launch - It's the 3DS title at 1080/60 as Nintendo feels it didn't receive the exposure it deserved

3) BotW to be worldwide delayed until Winter 2017, in the mean time you'll get Skyward Sword HD and like it

4) Joy-Con batteries last 40 minutes and the console itself 20 minutes, so pls dock

please enjoy

Kimishima knows you're a GAFfer, he's lying.

Zedark

please enjoy

They have to push the home console aspect somehow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom