• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That'll really be answered with how well the actual show is received. Due to the small window between the actual reveal and the launch, it means that they really won't have any time to fix things if the reaction is negative. It's really an all-in scenario that they're going for with no margin for error.

This is a pretty fair point, in terms of considering if things go badly, although I kind of feel if they'd announced in June and it had gone badly, there would have been no changing minds anyway, the only difference being it would have given people a lot of time to pick away at it further. People will probably do that for the next 8 weeks right enough.

Metroid by Konami. Believe.

Mercury Steam.

SD card use for phones is pretty niche, the majority just use their internal storage, SD use for Nintendo handhelds is pretty neccessary

Not sure what point you're going for here. I fully expect the Switch to support Micro SD cards for additional storage and I never said otherwise.

Metroid by Kamiya.
Not the greatest fit but could you imagine the thread...

It's just Scalebound re-skinned to be Samus and Ridley.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
How do you have a hot leak like metroid, knows the developer, but doesn't mention them....

yQp0Rup.gif

JB2448

Guys, it's obviously an Omega Force Metroid Warriors title that includes all of the bounty hunters from both Prime 3 and Hunters. Can't you see?

Zedark

How do you have a hot leak like metroid, knows the developer, but doesn't mention them....

Nor does he have a mention of whether it'll be at the january event or not, so this is a pretty low risk leak in my eyes.

Was it just me, or was he even more annoying than in his previous 11 videos? Glad it's over tbh.

I wonder if Nintendo has another Skyrim kinda surprise for us, because Beyond Good & Evil is simply not iT.

I want the jaw droppin, eye popin, head turnin, body shockin third party support.

TDLink

I think OBE1 is full of shit and is just basing the Metroid thing off the others talking about it on twitter a week or so ago. Omitting the developer name means he has no clue and this way can say "look, I was right" regardless of who is announced to be developing the game.

Not sure what point you're going for here. I fully expect the Switch to support Micro SD cards for additional storage and I never said otherwise.

I'm basically just saying I don't expect Nintendo to gouge us when it comes to the cost of storage, a small increase would be pointless and an expensive increase would look ridiculous compared to ps4/bone

Anyone feel that having NX/Switch skip E3 2016 in favor of this big event was the right call?

Hype levels are through the roof and Nintendo has pretty much got the next few days to themselves. Everyone is going to be reporting nothing but Switch stuff.

Let's take it further, how would you feel if Nintendo slowly dropped out of E3 going forward and instead, host big Switchmas-like events during other parts of the year? Or do you think E3 is still important for Nintendo to attend?

I guess we will see on Fri morning if it was worth it.

Having said that, many companies have been choosing to reveal their plans for the coming years outside E3 for a couple of years now. E3, whilst a gaming christmas, isn't the thing it once was.

Many companies are choosing to reveal stuff on their own terms at their own events. Sony, having several conferences a year, Blizzard, Activision etc having their own fan orientated events. So i guess for the fans, Tomorrow is going to be a big day for Nintendo fans. With Social media, word will spread etc. Social media and how it works has kind of diluted E3 considerably.

I'm starting to think his source is Neogaf.

He talked about no streaming apps being on the Switch at launch and Vern (poster here) already said it a while back.

Now he's talking about Metroid on Switch and Nate just talked about Metroid last week...

Obe1 comes off as bs and wants the attention so bad.

I think OBE1 is full of shit and is just basing the Metroid thing off the others talking about it on twitter a week or so ago. Omitting the developer name means he has no clue and this way can say "look, I was right" regardless of who is announced to be developing the game.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. He won't say the developer because he's bs.

maxcriden

Was this already covered?

Nintendo Switch Experience 2017 will be live streamed on YouTube this weekend
Nintendo has lots of streaming events centered around the unveiling of Switch this week. The Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 is up first, followed by Treehouse fun several hours later. Those aren’t the only two streams, however.

Pages are now up on Nintendo’s Japanese YouTube page for the Nintendo Switch Experience 2017, which is being hosted in Japan. Day 1 is here and day 2 is here.

They’ll be hosted at the following times:

Day 1

– 5:30 PM PT (January 13)
– 8:30 PM ET (January 13)
– 1:30 AM in the UK (January 14)
– 2:30 AM in Europe (January 14)

Day 2

– 5:30 PM PT (January 14)
– 8:30 PM ET (January 14)
– 1:30 AM in the UK (January 15)
– 2:30 AM in Europe (January 15)

The Nintendo Switch Experience 2017 allows Japanese fans to go hands-on with Switch prior to launch. Various stage events are planned, and musical performances will also be held.

We’ll put up live stream posts for both events before they begin.
http://nintendoeverything.com/ninte...ill-be-live-streamed-on-youtube-this-weekend/

I'm starting to think his source is Neogaf.

He talked about no streaming apps being on the Switch at launch and Vern (poster here) already said it a while back.

Now he's talking about Metroid on Switch and Nate just talked about Metroid last week...

Obe1 comes off as bs and wants the attention so bad.
You're wrong there, he is in the industry.
He co-founded Nibris.

Enordash

Is everyone thinking that pre-orders will go live after the presentation tomorrow? Is it worth killing my sleep schedule just in case?

I'm basically just saying I don't expect Nintendo to gouge us when it comes to the cost of storage

I definitely agree with you there! This is precisely why I don't think we'll see a model with more than 32Gb of memory built in, that's all. I don't see them either charging $50 to $100 more for a 64Gb model, or bucking the current market trends and offering that jump for substantially less.

I think we'll see one SKU at 32Gb. Micro SD card support and hopefully some other option will supplement that methinks.

I haven't been this excited for a new console since the GameCube launched. I grew up with Nintendo but I missed out on so many games between Wii and Wii U due to my lack of appreciation for motion controls in the former and shortened lifespan of the latter. It feels like the games are the focus in a way they haven't been in a long time. I know it sounds weird to say that this portable/home console hybrid is less gimmicky than what they've done in the past decade but it honestly feels that way to me. And they're finally starting to get with the program in so many areas in which other platforms have captured my interest. Yes, there are a lot of ports but those actually sell me on the console because they are all games that I wanted to play on Wii U but was never able to. Not to mention that many are coming right out of the gate with games like Xenoblade to follow in the half-year after launch. I've got to imagine that such a solid library will be very appealing to many others as well for whom these games will also be brand new experiences. I couldn't be more excited and I feel like Nintendo confirming so many of these rumors tomorrow will really send my hype to another level entirely. I don't know if they announce it tomorrow but a Bayonetta collection is the missing link for me.

The hype I can't contain it.

Same, I'm at 10/10 hype. I'm pre-ordering this as soon as I can.
I love Nintendo consoles and handhelds and think combining them in the way the Switch is doing is a really great move.

I haven't been this excited about a upcoming system since the Super Nintendo

SuperSah

Banned
I don't think preorders will go live instantly. Maybe 5 hours or so later.

I say that because it'll be like 6am in Europe before half of the nation gets to wake up and have a chance at preorder - Nintendo won't allow just the viewers to nab it.

Jofamo

Metroid Dread, developed by FROM Software. Nintendo gives up on trying to make Metroid appeal to everyone, focuses on turning it into their hardcore franchise.

Sleep is for the weak!

For online preorders? Maybe.

I don't think preorders will go live instantly. Maybe 5 hours or so later.

I say that because it'll be like 6am in Europe before half of the nation gets to wake up and have a chance at preorder - Nintendo won't allow just the viewers to nab it.
Yeah they will.. doesn't stop them in the past and it's not like nobody doesn't know about it. If people want it they will get up by 6 AM. Also it's not like stores are not going to be taking pre-orders that day as well.

Karanlos

Soo I dont know much about this guy. How credible is he and what else has rumored over the last couple days as part of his reveals?

• AssaCreed: Egypt (Laura said she heard the same)
  • Switch VR
  • Resident Evil 7 (VR?)
  • Voicechat there, maybe bluetooth Headset compatability
  • Shinigami Tensei exclusive coming
  • Click is trialer only(the sound) and Retro not doing donkey kong sidescroller
  • Warriors game coming with a nintendo theme
  • Charge time short, he mentions 30 min
  • Platinum making a exclusive game
  • Online free at launch (will maybe cost after some time)
  • No media apps at launch(Netflix etc) focused on gaming
  • Metroid by mystery dev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom