• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are game sizes (memory-wise) expected to be smaller than the other consoles?

I think the default will be pretty small (wasn't there a 16 GB rumour?). But it can probably scale up to meet the needs of the dev. Three years from now? Maybe they'll make available a 128 GB card for some AAAA game that needs it, as prices will have lowered a lot by then.

edit: I read that as "game card sizes', sorry.

I imagine that there will be a lot of variability in game sizes, as a lot of 3DS developers will be crossing over to the Switch. Their offerings would be lighter in size than those of developers used to making software for home consoles.

*Trailer cold opens with a starry sky*

*Fade to black* "Nintendo presents"

*Camera pans down to reveal the interior of a cavern, with an egg embedded in in ground. Ominous music begins*

*Fade to black again* "Directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki"

*A Metroid bursts open from the egg with its distinctive cry*

*Fade to black for the final time. FROM Software's logo appears as the ominous music builds*

*The Metroid is hovering in front of us. From off-screen, a freezing blast, followed by a missile annihilates the hatching.*

*Camera cuts to Samus in her classic Varia Suit. Her theme from Super Metroid starts building*

*Camera slowly pans around Samus while the sound of several eggs cracking is heard. A camera 180 completed, Samus is cornered by a number of hatchings. She charges her arm cannon as her theme crescendos.*

*Cut to black*

"METROID DREAD"

"LATE 2017"

You're killing me bro.

Lgndryhr

As far as that Walmart price goes, I work in retail and I just fabricated this in about 2 minutes. I'm almost 100% that the price will not be 399.99 rofl.

e1a9ea7d_20170111_150420.jpeg

As I posted earlier this is in their system, but labeled as a placeholder. It will be 250/300 for different bundles.

Anth0ny

*Camera pans down to reveal the interior of a cavern, with an egg embedded in in ground. Ominous music begins*

*Fade to black for the final time. FROM Software's logo appears as the ominous music builds*

*The Metroid is hovering in front of us. From off-screen, a freezing blast, followed by a missile annihilates the hatching.*

*Camera cuts to Samus in her classic Varia Suit. Her theme from Super Metroid starts building*

*Camera slowly pans around Samus while the sound of several eggs cracking is heard. A camera 180 completed, Samus is cornered by a number of hatchings. She charges her arm cannon as her theme crescendos.*

*Cut to black*

"METROID DREAD"

"LATE 2017"

Read while listening for full effect

LiamR

Try not to spend too much time focussing on that "surprising developer". I would honestly be surprised if they got a mention.

Rodin

I mean, it will surprise everyone that Team Ninja is working on another Metroid

I can't see how a "Soul" Metroid could be a good idea. At all.

Because it wouldn't be, but it's not like that's all From Software can do. The important thing is that the team in charge of the game is good at level design, combat system, bosses, atmosphere and can do subtle storytelling. Those are all things From Software proved that they can do with the Soulsborne series, so i think that if Nintendo assists them (like they do with every team that works with them) and takes care of the technical side and polish of the game, From can be a good choice for Metroid.

AzaK

Oh man, what a limited world view.

This is a press conference. It could be in Greek, the mainstream doesn't care. They'll see Switch on Good Morning America or something.

You're not the centre of the universe.

More total people speak Mandarin than they do English. Should they do the presentation in Mandarin?

More people speak Spanish Natively than they do English.

Admittedly, there is probably a greater spread of English speakers, but peoples linguistic abilities vary from being fluent to pointing at items and shouting random words.

You're making mountains out of nothing :)

Maybe I missread the intent of this conference. If all it is is a few journalists getting some info on the new console then sure it doesn't matter as much. If however, this is a big reveal of their next big console (Which they seem to be hyping it up as) then it certainly needs to have a good showing for the markets that most people are going to buy it in. It needs flair and excitement and needs to show publishers as well that they are serious about their market too. If you're going to pick a language then English is the one. Guess we'll know how it went in a couple of days,

Oof, really hope that isn't the kind of dub we get at this event. I was almost tearing my hair listening to that and it was only a few minutes long.

This is precisely my concern. If it's like that, that is not interesting, nor productive.

I can't see how a "Soul" Metroid could be a good idea. At all.

Well, there's already aspects similar to Metroid in Souls, especially in the environmental connection and how From can absolutely nail atmosphere. I'm not saying they're the same things, but you can easily see some fundamentals in the design philosophy.

Frodo

*Cut to black*

"METROID DREAD"

"LATE 2017"

giphy.gif

b3b0p

Can you explain? Does that mean if a retailer wants to make preorders "unlimited", they can? Rather than being limited by Nintendo? I'd rather reserve one and end up getting one a week after launch rather than running out of preorders and end up making time to actually go to a store and hunt for one or dealing with online retailers on a regular basis trying to get one. Preorder, then let them handle getting me my system to me.

Exactly. I'm saying I don't think Nintendo will mention anything about preorders except there aren't any or leave it up to each retailer to determine if they want to take on preorders. I don't think Nintendo has ever done official preorders for a console. They probably aren't confident enough this far out to even give retailers exact numbers. It's up to retailers to take the chance they will get enough for however many they decide to allow for preorders.

I'm guessing, that anyone who thinks they get a console day one because they "preordered" is guaranteed one is delusional.

realdragon75

Neo Member
Try not to spend too much time focussing on that "surprising developer". I would honestly be surprised if they got a mention.

I have no time to go thru all those pages (sadly), where does this info come from? the "surprising developer" bit? Thanks, and sorry for bothering you.

Zalman

Everyone be talkin' about Metroid and I just want Punch-Out or Kid Icarus

Metroid is more likely than those two ;_;

Timeaisis

*Cut to black*

"METROID DREAD"

"LATE 2017"

Whew looord.

BratmanDu

Metroid by Knapnok games / nifflas, of 'affordable space adventures'. Possibly the best game on wii U, id be confident of the gameplay quality and atmosphere if they did a metroid.

Ozium

metroid by from
kid icarus character action game by platinum
wave race 3
sin and punishment 3 by treasure
gabe newell appears to announce half life 3 companion game exclusive on switch, can be linked to steam
first person punch out by id

gamestop.com has an ad for the Switch presentation as soon as you hit the site, so yeah preorders gonna go up tomorrow for sure.

Good..I hope that they put pre orders online so I dont have to go to the store..I have 193 dollars in gamestop credit so of course would prefer buying the switch from them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom