• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdanVC

Man, I'm think I won't be able to see it directly :c, and old girl friend call me and invite me to her place tonight, worst fucking timing ever, she had like 3 months free to call me and decide this fucking night... :c

Just invite her to watch the presentation together. Nintendo Switch and chill.

Retailers also love doing their own bundles for scarce items so they can throw in accessories etc. at jacked up prices.

The recent Gamestop NES Classic bundles with the book, knickknacks, a ? block lamp and other junk being a prime example.

Very true! Though in my experience they hold those for launch. Wait until all the regular stock is gone and then they magically have some units available in bundles that are 2 to 3 times as expensive due to all the junk they have included. Everything is always MSRP too, no discounts to be found.

joker3782

Neo Member
Mmm...

So, Mario Kart is going to bring local multiplayer with 12 or more players at the same time, right?

This is what im hoping for. I can imagine 12 people playing in the same game of mario kart 8 at the same time at my universities computer and video game society (4 in split screen on the tv and the rest on switches in handheld mode). It would beat having to take turns playing on one tv on the wii u version of mario kart 8.

jmizzal

Man, I'm think I won't be able to see it directly :c, and old girl friend call me and invite me to her place tonight, worst fucking timing ever, she had like 3 months free to call me and decide this fucking night... :c

Tell her your busy lol, she waited that long make her wait another night haha

LOL Walmart
Walmart-NS-Leak.jpg

If this is real, Switch is DOA.

sonto340

If this is real, Switch is DOA.
I mean, I don't go into work until 10pm tonight but I can run that Upc through our system and see if it's legit.

That said any bored idiot on the sales floor can fuck with prices and item names in their own store. Good way to get a coaching though.

Kunan

Someone asked this yesterday in the last thread. I didn't get it then and I still don't understand now. What would a spoiler-free thread for a single event even look like?
I guess a post that just gets updated with a direct link to the event's archive on YouTube, like what people do for e3. A whole thread though? Not sure what that would be lol

Rodin

Someone asked this yesterday in the last thread. I didn't get it then and I still don't understand now. What would a spoiler-free thread for a single event even look like?

Oh i don't know, maybe like a thread where people who can't watch it at 5am can click on a link without going to the Nintendo youtube page and see all the single videos of all the announcements?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Mmm...

So, Mario Kart is going to bring local multiplayer with 12 or more players at the same time, right?
I used to play 8 players Mario Kart DD on a single screen 13 years ago!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=_cAJIS_4-z4

My TV had a PAP feature and I had the LAN cable. A friend brought his GC. Good times. Since then online took over and local MP games got rare.

Switch first reveal video insisted several times on it. Let's hope we'll say in few hours LAN is back in force.

LiamR

I've been talking about it openly for a while now, so you know I have OBE1's back about a Metroid Switch game. I haven't watched his video yet so I'm unable to comment past that at the moment.

I guess a post that just gets updated with a direct link to the event's archive on YouTube, like what people do for e3.

Right. I mentioned our E3 spoiler-free/archive thread yesterday as a comparison, but that makes very little sense here. The utility there is having a one-stop shop for the dozens of different events. When does this company have a presser? Oh, it's started? Is there a way to watch from the beginning? If it's over is there a better feed for the recorded footage? There's a lot to keep track of and I understand how one thread that covers everything can be useful.

Here it sounds like people want a sticky or something that will be locked (because there's no need to reply to it) that consists of one YouTube link.

Hydrus

Oh i don't know, maybe like a thread where people who can't watch it at 5am can click on a link without going to the Nintendo youtube page and see all the single videos of all the announcements?

Why not just bookmark the youtube live link? You can watch it from the beginning when its done or rewind.

Cerium

Why would you need a whole thread for that?

I'm surprised that so many people are now buying into these prices at Target and Wal-mart. We have a large number of rumors, insiders, and other retailers that all seem to confirm $249 as the default price. These two examples are definitely anomalies. Time will tell if they're just pricing errors or alternate SKU's.

One SKU at $249 is the hill I'll die on.

SuperSah

Banned
WILL NINTENDO SWITCH IT UP?

WILL THEY SWITCH UP THE CONSOLE PEOPLE BUY?

WILL THEY FLIP THE SWITCH ON THEIR MISFORTUNE OF THE BOMBING WII U?

SWITCH ON YOUR SCREENS, HIT THE LIGHT SWITCH, AND FOR GOODNESS SAKE, SWITCH THE WATER FOR WHISKEY.

WE GOING SWITCH BOYZ

idk don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom