• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
other than it being just a good price point what makes it desperation?

Regardless of desperation or not, if it is $299 or higher and without a game, Switch is in trouble.

I don't care if the specs are a real portable Xbox one S. If PS4 Pro is $299 by E3 and Scorpio is coming out. Nintendo could be in since trouble. Trying to go toe to toe.

Frodo

If you want to remain spoiler-free, don't come to GAF or other gaming sites until you watch the presentation.

I've got the YouTube link for the presentation bookmarked, and will avoid Twitter, Facebook and most of all NeoGAF until I watch the presentation. All I need to do on the day is to open the browser, click on the link trying to avoid looking at the bar of videos on the right on the YouTube page.

It shouldn't be very hard to avoid spoilers. Specially because I'll watch the presentation around 5 hours later the original time.

KAL2006

Banned
I'm surprised that so many people are now buying into these prices at Target and Wal-mart. We have a large number of rumors, insiders, and other retailers that all seem to confirm $249 as the default price. These two examples are definitely anomalies.

Also the rumours were quite specific

$250 32GB Basic
$300 64GB and Splatoon

Rodin

What is the summary of the OBE Metroid video?

*Yelling*

*Yelling*

*Yelling*

*Lots of yelling*

"Please forgive me for saying this"

*Yelling*

"A new Metroid for Switch is coming from a studio i didn't expect"

*Yelling*

*More yelling*

The end

There's already a link...just leave this open in your browser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuC4YLLkqME

Why would you need a whole thread for that?

He asked how that thread would look. It would look like that.

I already bookmarked that link, but thanks anyway.

It is From Software. We all know it.

image.php

Also the rumours were quite specific

$250 32GB Basic
$300 64GB and Splatoon

I remember seeing a combination of information for the first one you listed, but not the second. I've only seen LKD mention a Splatoon bundle but she only had one source and didn't mention the exact memory size. She also mentioned that neither Emily Rogers or Tom from Eurogamer had heard the same.

Munter

My spoiler free thread:

Well, here we are, they've announced their first game. Can't say what it is, spoilers. Oh wow, never saw that coming. Unable to tell you though. Oh my, that's the price?? Well, I never. Can't say what it is, but blimey. Ooh, one last game....OMG!!!!! Well, that's it, thanks for joining us!

My spoiler free thread:

Well, here we are, they've announced their first game. Can't say what it is, spoilers. Oh wow, never saw that coming. Unable to tell you though. Oh my, that's the price?? Well, I never. Can't say what it is, but blimey. Ooh, one last game....OMG!!!!! Well, that's it, thanks for joining us!

I'm just imagining a thread with a single post that links directly to the full presentation archive. Mods would immediately lock it and anyone interested would just leave their browser open to just that page. Just seems like the opposite of what Gaf is about...

E-phonk

Banned

I'd buy that. Low on story, high on clues everywhere to tie the story together yourself.
Just you on a desolated planet. Some area's very low on enemies but tactical, other area's more intense action like armored core.

Munter

I'm just imagining a thread with a single post that links directly to the full presentation archive. Mods would immediately lock it and anyone interested would just leave their browser open to just that page. Just seems like the opposite of what Gaf is about...

I tell you what, as I'm watching the event live, ping me a PM and I'll reply with a direct link to it once it's finished.

Do you know what he's been 'leaking' in his previous videos?
Jack $&@$ really.

- VR
- Nintendo online is free for now
- metroid is in development
- assassins creed coming to Switch
- Switch will have voice chat
- no media apps at launch like Netflix, Hulu, etc.
- resident evil 7 may have VR mode on Switch

That's all I can remember

Moltenix

Brain cells.

Omg, legit laughing out loud.

Jack $&@$ really.

- VR

Don't forget the best one of all: The Switch doesn't actually make the clicking sound from the reveal trailer!

My spoiler free thread:

One problem is that if you go to the Gaming forum to click on the spoiler-free thread, the first thing you'll see area ll the other threads on the page that list every spoiler!

But you know? I think somebody should make a spoiler-free thread and update it in real time as the presentation goes on. That could actually be pretty fun. "Reggie just came on stage. They're talking about sales expectations... and there's a game trailer. It's for a game, but I can't say whether it's an old or new IP."

*Trailer cold opens with a starry sky*

*Fade to black* "Nintendo presents"

*Camera pans down to reveal the interior of a cavern, with an egg embedded in in ground. Ominous music begins*

*Fade to black again* "Directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki"

*A Metroid bursts open from the egg with its distinctive cry*

*Fade to black for the final time. FROM Software's logo appears as the ominous music builds*

*The Metroid is hovering in front of us. From off-screen, a freezing blast, followed by a missile annihilates the hatching.*

*Camera cuts to Samus in her classic Varia Suit. Her theme from Super Metroid starts building*

*Camera slowly pans around Samus while the sound of several eggs cracking is heard. A camera 180 completed, Samus is cornered by a number of hatchings. She charges her arm cannon as her theme crescendos.*

*Cut to black*

"METROID DREAD"

"LATE 2017"

MrV4ltor

Jack $&@$ really.

- VR

Also:

Platinum has been working on a Switch exclusive since dev on Bayonetta 2 ended

Brooklyn_Moods

Neo Member
As far as that Walmart price goes, I work in retail and I just fabricated this in about 2 minutes. I'm almost 100% that the price will not be 399.99 rofl.

e1a9ea7d_20170111_150420.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom