• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RootCause

Well one was wrong about Pascal, the other lied about 11 exclusive leaks, and the third is officially banned from discussion on GAF.

yes, no and no?

(Isnt there a simpson picture for that? lol)

Yes
Federation Force Federation Force Federation Force Federation Force Federation Force Federation Force Federation Force Federation Force Federation Force Federation Force Federation Force Federation Force Federation Force

Not as much as our other leakers, so take that as you will. Personally, I'll believe it only when I see it (or when others insiders will talk about it).
Lol I'll keep that in mind.

Whilst Aostia is going way overboard it is a tad worrying that we keep hearing about things being pushed/held back. Even Zelda might be delayed in Europe.

From what we're hearing now launch has gone from Splatoon + Mario + Rabbids + possibly Zelda to Splatoon + Zelda with the two Mario games being held back.

It is all speculation. During the day tomorrow we will get confirms as stores will have stuff more available.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I hope Nintendo shows a lot of teasers or sizzle reels.

Even if they're not ready to show the titles or are waiting till E3 to have full unveilings, at least a small teaser or confirmation would be nice.

Peterc

When can we see this game again:

kris_castillo_bomberman.gif

Bring it back as an rpg/adventurge game on switch

Whilst Aostia is going way overboard it is a tad worrying that we keep hearing about things being pushed/held back. Even Zelda might be delayed in Europe.

From what we're hearing now launch has gone from Splatoon + Mario + Rabbids + possibly Zelda to Splatoon + Zelda with the two Mario games being held back.

They absolutely do not need to release both Mario and zelda at launch, in fact doing so would be a bit dumb

So what are the odds of this being on Amazon for an amount of time longer than three minutes tomorrow?

good I would think.... How many people are really going to be up to get this? i doubt it will make it till midday. But you should have some time to order.

psyfi

Banned
I hope Nintendo shows a lot of teasers or sizzle reels.

Even if they're not ready to show the titles or are waiting till E3 to have full unveilings, at least a small teaser or confirmation would be nice.
Agreed. I want them to show or at least tease games through at least this year. They've got to save some surprises for later, but I want to know what to expect for the entirety of 2017, with a few teases for 2018. I want to be blown away with the staggering magnitude of their future library.

STAGGERING MAGNITUDE OR BUST

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
good I would think.... How many people are really going to be up to get this? i doubt it will make it till midday. But you should have some time to order.

Who knows. They had PS4 preorders available for a few weeks after it went live. Of course there were several more months between that and launch and Sony thus had more units that Nintendo is likely to have at launch.

Agreed. I want them to show or at least tease games through at least this year. They've got to save some surprises for later, but I want to know what to expect for the entirety of 2017, with a few teases for 2018. I want to be blown away with the staggering magnitude of their future library.

I am sure we will see some other stuff... in some form..

So here's my plan:

Watch presentation at 11PM.

Have my tabs upon checking for preorders on BestBuy, Amazon, GameStop, Target and Walmart until 1AM.

If I don't get one online I'll head to Nintendo NY and be there by about 145 AM. If the line isn't long I'll suck it up and wait until 9 AM.

If it's a ridiculous line, I'll head to my GameStop which opens at 10AM, and if that doesn't pan out, I'll go to the Best Buy that's in the same complex.

And if that doesn't work I'll just sell my body. And yes my body is ready.

antonz

Laura's bingo card doesn't have Pokemon Stars on it. :( I'd love to see it at the event.

I expect they will hold back Pokémon til E3. No reason to kill sales practically a year before release. Pokémon probably a late summer/fall title.

The real benefit of Switch is. 3 months after release we get E3 for the next tidal wave of info

That's the problem, I don't have all of the money needed for the Switch, yet. If I order online, I have to pay for it in full. Pre-ordering at the store is the only way I can partially pay for the pre-order early on.

Just FYI, Amazon doesn't charge when you preorder, or even pre-auth.

Who knows. They had PS4 preorders available for a few weeks after it went live. Of course there were several more months between that and launch and Sony thus had more units that Nintendo is likely to have at launch.

Remember we are in the small microcosm of gaf.. This isnt cmoing out near holiday season .. Parents just blew there load on Christmas...

This really is a fans best release time if you think about it.. that being said .. it will sell out but I would imagine you will have an hour or two to get one...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm gonna laugh and die if it's a shitty port of Prepare to Die edition.

There was rumors From had Dark Souls 3 running on Switch.

Itll either be Dark Souls trilogy or Dark Souls 3 complete edition. Either way itll have Souls 3 I think.

Oregano

The problem with the Dark Souls rumour is that apparently From are waiting to see how the system sells before committing to it so I wouldn't expect it to be announced for quite a while. Even E3 would be too early.

That's if it happens at all.

The metroid rumours pisses me off a little. Saying that there will be a new metroid is not a wild guess, it's a fact. Not talking about the details, from developers to even when it might show up makes the rumour basically useless.

Laura Kate Dale put up her Bingo Card for tomorrow based on what she's reported.

C17MdAYW8AIzQJw.jpg

The Zelda skipping release in "some EU languages" is so fucking stupid.

What are this languages we are talking about? UK, France and Germany will get it on release but Italy and Spain not? (reminds me when they were the only two translations missing during the 64 era but a staggered release has NEVER happened).
Only UK will get it on release and the rest will have to wait?
New markets like russia or portugal were Nintendo wants to get in a little bit more get the translation later?

Because the 1st and second sound absurdly stupid, as I said, a staggered release never happened for Nintendo, and the dubs and translations in europe from them are all worked at the same time always, and the uk always have a retranslation directly from the japanese and not the american version, so it would be absurd for the UK to have that job done in time and not the rest of the countries, and least of all before Germany, where the Nintendo Europe HQ is.
The third one is the only plausible one, and even then its not like its something special, I know Portugal and other countries have been getting more Nintendo translations lately, but them missing a translation is something also common (and even then, they release at the same time as the other 5 countries).

If somethign like the first or the second option happens, it would be look horrible for Nintendo Europe's work. It would be so stupid and so impractical they should get better and faster at doing their jobs. I just dont see this happening. It releases in all europe with the console, or its delayed in all europe (something that would also be stupid, but plausible).

jmizzal

I seriously have to wonder WTF Ubisoft is thinking porting the five year old Rayman Legends. Who is going to pay full price for that when its heavily discounted on pretty much every other platform?

What a waste of time.

How do you know it will be full price? It could be just one of the first eShop games

Barryman

But analog triggers were originally on the GameCube and used for Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine
Plus, it means better racing game support

I still think the Gamecube controller may have had the best trigger buttons of any controller. Firm analog action with a nice digital click at the end. ��

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom