• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

I want this day one, but damn I refuse to buy a console for one game.

If there is a splatoon bundle i'll get that, Zelda no doubt, but there needs to be one more game for me. Definitely interested in what they'll show tomorrow.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
You are delusional if you think nintendo is selling this for $250 or less. Nintendo does not take losses on their hardware. $300 minimum. Look how much a galaxy s7 phone cost, it's like $600.

SFsFfHG.png

https://twitter.com/Swery65/status/819325040457969664

LnkayYd.gif

I just don't think they would do that for Zelda. No one would ever sell a game at retail in the US if English was only available as a D1 patch.

Well I guess it boils down to which languages are nearly done and which ones are running behind, if English French and German are done i think they could get away with releasing and patching in Spanish Italian and whichever others

If there is a Dark Souls trilogy coming for the Switch...it wont be till way later on. DS3 isnt even done its DLC yet.

I want a trilogy as well. But realistically it wont be anywhere close to launch i would think.

I'm not sure if MS owns D4 though.

Could be a Lord of Arcana/Apocalypse sequel though

It looks like they published the console release, but the a PC version is by Playism.

Edit: Never heard of Lord of Apocalypse, but it looks like a subpar Monster Hunter clone. I might try it. I liked FF: Explorers well enough.

Laura went from "Zelda misses launch" to "Zelda misses launch in EU" to "Zelda misses launch in some EU countries".

Watch it actually be "Zelda launches everywhere".

I'm going on a limb and say VR mode with Google Cardboard-esque compatibility. Official Nintendo VR accessory is $30.00

I've come around to expecting VR but I wouldn't expect it announced so soon and I'd imagine there'd be a bit of extra tech in it so maybe more like twice that price

Astral Dog

You are delusional if you think nintendo is selling this for $250 or less. Nintendo does not take losses on their hardware. $300 minimum. Look how much a galaxy s7 phone cost, it's like $600.
Yeah but its not competing with other game systems. Nintendo knows their price strategy is on a rocky place. After cutting the 3DS to $170 and Wii U taking loses at 300 anything could hsppen

I want this so bad but can they fit all 3 on one cart? Please tell me yes lol.

Frankly I'm ignorant of sizes for these games. Anyone wanna chime in with the how big a DS trilogy would be?

We'd only be looking at that situation only if after switch getting 3 they released the trilogy elsewhere, when mass effect 3 was first announced on Wii U it did actually have a fair bit of buzz

I guess my point is: If a trilogy is in the works and to be released in 2017, then it would be a bad idea to just port any of the single games to Switch. Just release the trilogy and call it a day.

Plum

All this talk about Dark Souls...

What would they call a Dark Souls Trilogy Collection?

Just "Dark Souls Trilogy" or "Dark Souls: Bonfire/Prepare to Die Collection" or something else entirely?

Laura went from "Zelda misses launch" to "Zelda misses launch in EU" to "Zelda misses launch in some EU countries".

Is that a recent update from her? Could be that it's definitely getting a UK release at launch, with other EU counties later.

Frankly I'm ignorant of sizes for these games. Anyone wanna chime in with the how big a DS trilogy would be?

I guess my point is: If a trilogy is in the works and to be released in 2017, then it would be a bad idea to just port any of the single games to Switch. Just release the trilogy and call it a day.

Just checked. DS 1 is about, 4, 2 is 13 gb and 3 is 17gb.

messiaen

Why is noone expecting Animal Crossing or Fire Emblem? There's going to be console games promoted by the mobile versions coming out this year.
Big release recently for both. I'd say next year maybe, but not this year. I doubt we get a Metroid this year either.

oti

Banned

I love that she says there are still secrets she knows but doesn't want to publish because reasons. Great blank cheque for a leaker there.

Gamecube
DS
3DS
Wii U

All the above have sold for a loss at some point in their lives, While Nintendo have said they don't plan to take a loss on switch saying Nintendo do not take losses on hardware is just plain wrong

They took a loss on the Wii U.
This isn`t comparable to a smartphone, it is WAY simpler and less technically powerful.
Nvidia has unsuccessfully penetrated the mobile market, the product could be a loss leader for them.
AMD had razor thin margins on the PS4 and Xbox One respectively,
The X1 is old.

Alrus

Yeaaaah that helps. Hope died.

Anyway, are any of my Eurobro's going to watch this live?

Still pondering on whether I feel like staying up for it or no. I have a tendency to study late into the night anyway. Still it's wayy late so I'm not sure.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I love that she says there are still secrets she knows but doesn't want to publish because reasons. Great blank cheque for a leaker there.

Maybe she doesn't want to ruin surprises with just a little over 24 hours to go?

Shes been consistently right about many leaks over the past few months. Whats your point?

Imagine if the Switch was suddenly HDR capable, that would take me by surprise for sure.

They took a loss on the Wii U.
This isn`t comparable to a smartphone, it is WAY simpler and less technically powerful.
Nvidia has unsuccessfully penetrated the mobile market, the product could be a loss leader for them.
AMD had razor thin margins on the PS4 and Xbox One respectively,
The X1 is old.

Its less powerful than a smart phone? wtf are you talking about.

jlscool

I can't understand how a first-world country like America doesn't have online pre-ordering with store pick-up. EB Games in Australia have offered this option since the Switch reveal.

My understanding is that if you do the preorder on-line, then it has to ship to your house... you can't pick it up from the store. Does anyone know if this has changed???

Phil Fish

Banned
The conference LITERALLY starts 30 minutes before I start work. Tomorrow night is going to be a good fucking night, let's bring back the good old days of gamecube!

jdstorm

Banned

Build cost on a galaxy S7 is sub 300 dollars. If nintendo were happy to write off the Switch RnD as a sunk cost they could put out a device close to that in the 300USD price range and make a slim profit

My understanding is that if you do the preorder on-line, then it has to ship to your house... you can't pick it up from the store. Does anyone know if this has changed???

No one know... some items at gamestop you can preorder and pickup at store but it is anyones guess.

Hyped expectations:
Metroid
F-Zero
Sin and Punishment 3
Dark Souls Trilogy
Mother 3 remake
Mario and Zelda launch titles
Retro Studios not working on Donkey Kong
Improved online
Twitch integration
Advanced Wars
Excitebots 2
Diddy Kong Racing 2

Normal expectations:
Mother 3 virtual console
F-Zero GX remake
Dark Souls 3
Mario at launch, Zelda in April
Retro Studios working on Donkey Kong
The same online
3 minute clips able to be uploaded to Facebook
Rayman Origins port

Nintendo is doomed expectations:
Dark Souls 1 Prepare to Die Edition
Mario and Zelda launch window
Starfox Zero port
Retro Studios porting Tropical Freeze
No improved Online
Funky Kong in Mario Kart
Rayman 2 port
30 second clips can be uploaded to Facebook
Resident Evil 4
Ridge Racer
Street Fighter 4
Devil's Third port

Hyped price: 249 Aud
Normal price: 299 Aud
Doomed price:399 Aud

DMONKUMA

I feel it in my bones that something special that we don't know about will be show. :)

That will cause Salt, Sadness, and GAF suicide-watch

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Vw7AabL.gif

The last countdown GIF, I want to honor Iwata because Nintendo Switch is more likely to be the last vision Iwata had in store for all of us. Iwata have done a lot of things for us the gamers and I really want to show my appreciate for what he have done for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom