• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Discomurf

Übermatik;228110613 said:
Wait, what's the Metroid rumour? Just to expect a title? The FromSoft posts in this thread are just fan dreams right?

Bethesda developing for Switch.

j/k but its apparently coming from an unexpected developer..

AAMARMO

Banned
My Bingo Card
r3z9olp.jpg

Alebrije

Gold Member
Hope they announce a Zelda boundle with pro cotroller , something similar they did with Zombie U bundle years ago.

ASIS

Oh no, I am not pretending them to launch with many great games
But them to show many games, actually confirming the advantages of the hybrid concept, of the premature death of the wiiu and of the lessons learned by the latest years

Basically the confirmation that with delayed wiiu developments, the merging of portable and home first party developments, the merging of western home console games and japanese portablethird party lineups, with indie ... they can really offer a console able to sustain a solid stream of games for a medium/long period

I cant accept them to fill the lineups with wiiu ports, to hide possible games waiting for e3, to not court also the classic japanese portable brands and so on

And I also fear them to position the console too much on the home side of things (software wise and price wise)

I have nothing against Shovel knights but if others attack me because of my opinion, let me say that a two year old port of a (great) indie game isnt exactly HOT for a brand new system unveil

That is all
Your fears are warranted, but they are also the very reason why so many are excited. So far what we have seen from the Switch (which is just the 3 minute trailer, I know) shows that Nintendo has indeed learned from its mistakes. But other than that we know next to nothing. We have rumors, yes, but rumors are not facts. Besides, rumors that we heard are actually pretty good.

Software wise, we really know next to nothing, which is exciting to me. We know, however, that the system will launch with THE most ambitious title Nintendo has ever produced. And honestly I'm not sure why that doesn't strike confidence in you. You could argue that Breath of the Wild is a Wii U port, which is irrefutable. But I'd counter it by saying it is still a brand new experience that no Wii U owner has had the pleasure of playing, which is just as irrefutable. On top of that, we have a brand new 3D Mario title and -presumably- a brand new Pikmin game in the works as well. If the system can keep up with 3rd party titles then yes, it will have a good line up. You will not get the full line up tomorrow of course, that's silly to expect. But that alone is not a reason to say the console will be off to a bad start.

Finally, your point on Shovel Knight will only stand if it is the only indie title that will be shown in the reveal. You are acting like the icing on the cake is the cake to many people, which is untrue. That's why I think your comment on that is a little strange.

.... On the other hand I'm full of hype so maybe you are right and I am just blind at the moment, certainly won't be the first time it happens.

Gaspard

Why is noone expecting Animal Crossing or Fire Emblem? There's going to be console games promoted by the mobile versions coming out this year.

SuperSah

Banned
Why is noone expecting Animal Crossing or Fire Emblem? There's going to be console games promoted by the mobile versions coming out this year.

I fully expect AC to come later in the system's cycle.

I say this because they just released the major 3DS update which is suspected to have been part of a Wii U project which was canned and moved back to New Leaf. If true, they'll be just starting out.

The problem with the Dark Souls rumour is that apparently From are waiting to see how the system sells before committing to it so I wouldn't expect it to be announced for quite a while. Even E3 would be too early.

That's if it happens at all.

Even if there ends up being a Dark Souls game ported to the Switch, I doubt From will go through with the entire trilogy and just put one game on the system instead to test the waters.

psyfi

Banned
You've just summed up GAF after tomorrow's presentation in one sentence.
B E L I E V E

I have high hopes for tomorrow, but low expectations. It'll be possible me to be disappointed, but they'll have to REALLY goof it up. Honestly, Zelda alone makes me happy, so I'm set.

The Zelda skipping release in "some EU languages" is so fucking stupid.

What are this languages we are talking about? UK, France and Germany will get it on release but Italy and Spain not? (reminds me when they were the only two translations missing during the 64 era but a staggered release has NEVER happened).
Only UK will get it on release and the rest will have to wait?
New markets like russia or portugal were Nintendo wants to get in a little bit more get the translation later?

Because the 1st and second sound absurdly stupid, as I said, a staggered release never happened for Nintendo, and the dubs and translations in europe from them are all worked at the same time always, and the uk always have a retranslation directly from the japanese and not the american version, so it would be absurd for the UK to have that job done in time and not the rest of the countries, and least of all before Germany, where the Nintendo Europe HQ is.
The third one is the only plausible one, and even then its not like its something special, I know Portugal and other countries have been getting more Nintendo translations lately, but them missing a translation is something also common (and even then, they release at the same time as the other 5 countries).

If somethign like the first or the second option happens, it would be look horrible for Nintendo Europe's work. It would be so stupid and so impractical they should get better and faster at doing their jobs. I just dont see this happening. It releases in all europe with the console, or its delayed in all europe (something that would also be stupid, but plausible).

I suggested other languages could be patches a bit later but thinking about it they could in theory do them as a day 1 patch, would give them like say an extra 3 weeks to be finished off and everyone would be happy

Laura putting DS on the card gives me the truest HYPE. Tomorrow would be a crazy place to see a Trilogy announcement (I assume it would be the trilogy and not just DS3 otherwise we're looking at another ME port situation).

Laura putting DS on the card gives me the truest HYPE. Tomorrow would be a crazy place to see a Trilogy announcement (I assume it would be the trilogy and not just DS3 otherwise we're looking at another ME port situation).

I want this so bad but can they fit all 3 on one cart? Please tell me yes lol.

We'd only be looking at that situation only if after switch getting 3 they released the trilogy elsewhere, when mass effect 3 was first announced on Wii U it did actually have a fair bit of buzz

Nairume

Banned
AniCro is believable, but it feels too soon to IntSys putting out three major games for them to already have a new FE ready to go.

Unless of course FE Musou is happening.

El Topo

I suggested other languages could be patches a bit later but thinking about it they could in theory do them as a day 1 patch, would give them like say an extra 3 weeks to be finished off and everyone would be happy

I just don't think they would do that for Zelda. No one would ever sell a game at retail in the US if English was only available as a D1 patch.

qko

I'm going on a limb and say VR mode with Google Cardboard-esque compatibility. Official Nintendo VR accessory is $30.00

Oregano

And yet it baffles me that Sega haven't looked at Monster Hunters local multilayer success and thought we should have some of that. Different Sega these days I guess.

FWIW the director of Phantasy Star Zero was in charge of 7th Dragon III which I assume is the end of that series(currently playing through now) so he could make a Phantasy Star game again.

Tew2

Why?

Bethesda implied they have more than Skyrim in the pipeline, Mikami has history with Nintendo.

Oregano

Hopefully the code for Deadly Premonition was locked tight in a box and thrown in the Mariana Trench, so it may never stink up another platform ever again.

D4 looks really interesting though.

I'm not sure if MS owns D4 though.

Could be a Lord of Arcana/Apocalypse sequel though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom