• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! So 34 GB altogether. Though I have a feeling 1 & 2 have a good chance of being a bit bigger in a trilogy if they touch them up. Still, not bad at all. What's the rumored standard game card size for Switch?

I think probably just "Dark Souls Trilogy" or something. "First Flame" edition has a nice ring if they want a subtitle.

The max cart size for Switch is 64gb, but they will be very expensive and few games will use them (instead shipping games with multiplayer as a download, for example).

ViciousDS

Banned
for those getting the feels about iwata

please dear god watch the gaming historians iwata legacy video. It's a fucking awesome 36 minutes about the life of Iwata.

its on youtube.....just search it

I desperately hope for online preorders. I managed to be able to get off work an hour earlier so I can watch the event. I don't want to miss preorders lol

Kaelan

So it seems like the store pre orders are starting tomorrow, anyone got a guess for when online pre-orders will start? Same time?

for those getting the feels about iwata

please dear god watch the gaming historians iwata legacy video. It's a fucking awesome 36 minutes about the life of Iwata.

its on youtube.....just search it

Totally agree I downloaded the video as a CS Major Iwata is inspiring and I watch it whenever I have a bad day.

Ridley327

I wonder what Tantalus is up to?

They're working on some kind of port. If you conflate the other rumors, it seems like it would be the Xenoblade X port, but we'll see. Tantalus is more of a porting studio like Bluepoint, so the chances of their project being an original game are pretty low.

What time is the reveal tomorrow? Got the day off of work and it's my 33rd bday :) Wife told me today she is gonna preorder the thing for me as a bday gift!

javac

Nintendo is going to have tomorrow all to itself, they played the long game but the stars are finally aligning. I don't know why but I have this gut feeling that the Switch may bring about a resurgence in Japanese developed games, a renascence if you will, it has the potential at least with it being a handheld and home system with out of the box local multiplayer options. Either way, I'm excited for tomorrow because although they'll still keep a few surprises that they'll drip feed from tomorrow until launch, with a few things being discovered along the way (I don't know if they'll dive into internal specs too much for one, although they may very well do so), regardless tomorrow is when the flood gates are opened and in two months we'll have the Switch in our hands. That guarantees that tomorrow will bring an end to a lot of unanswered questions. Launch line-up, price, packaging, hardware and OS, hands on impressions, box-art, the marketing blitz, it's going to be a treasure trove of information. Even the cadence at which Nintendo decides to deliver its message tomorrow is going to be interesting to see and hear, I'm hopeful that they come across confident.

Vw7AabL.gif

The last countdown GIF, I want to honor Iwata because Nintendo Switch is more likely to be the last vision Iwata had in store for all of us. Iwata have done a lot of things for us the gamers and I really want to show my appreciate for what he have done for us.
Iwata...

I suggested other languages could be patches a bit later but thinking about it they could in theory do them as a day 1 patch, would give them like say an extra 3 weeks to be finished off and everyone would be happy

I actully wouldnt mind this. I know some people would get angry, but I dont mind waiting for a spanish dub (and as someone that loves when dubs in my language are done properly, it would be like a 2nd present from the game).
But a staggered release in some european countries instead of others should never happen.

Vw7AabL.gif

The last countdown GIF, I want to honor Iwata because Nintendo Switch is more likely to be the last vision Iwata had in store for all of us. Iwata have done a lot of things for us the gamers and I really want to show my appreciate for what he have done for us.

:( The feels.

psyfi

Banned
sooooo what are the chances pre-orders don't go live till friday morning EST?

working friday and can't stay up :/
We really have no idea. I'd say don't worry too much, but plan to wake up early on Friday and hit up a local store before work if you can.

jmizzal

I'm glad my Gamestop by my job is in the mall, so when the mall opens at 10 am I can go in there and preorder and not worry about a line or anything since everybody will be outside the mall lol, plus I know the shortcut to the gamestop from the back of the mall

BY2K

Membero Americo
Vw7AabL.gif

xhiI9Mf.gif

Mrbob

I have an an extra ps4 around with the pro, hoping for a trade in bonus on switch.

Im mostly digital nowadays but might go back to carts for switch. Small enough to carry around plus 128gb micro SD might fill up fast.

J@hranimo

Banned
Vw7AabL.gif

1093966.gif

We almost to the finish line fam!

Make sure your phone is fully charged so you can watch on that

But I live in the boondocks and want to conserve data :(

Vw7AabL.gif

My man is watching over us.

Dream fantasy lineup for Switch:

F-Zero GX Remaster
Dark Souls 1 port
Cyberpunk Bartender Action VA-11 HALL-A
New Ridge Racer
Final Fantasy VII R
Etrian Odyssey (Maybe a remake of EOIII?)
New SNK fighter
Animal Crossing
Wario platformer
Chrono Trigger VC release

More realistically I'd also like to see that smaller games such as those on the 3DS eShop will also have a home on the Switch such as Picross e7, the train sim games, and Sega (non-3D) Classics.

HylianTom

Banned
That Iwata image.. Heath, you have me all verklempt. Thank you again for these.

Tonight is a night for getting as much sleep and rest as possible. Tomorrow night will be restless - at best.

LightJak007

Neo Member
Quick theory (in case it hasn't been posted)

I have noticed the 3DS product scarcity and I am curious if they have stalled production on the 3DS to be able to allocate those resources to producing Switch consoles?

I hope that would be a good sign but, it's hard to say at this point. Almost would rather they delayed the console in order to be able to meet the demand at launch.

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom