• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSah

Banned
Rushed and nasty card, but didn't want to put too much effort in something which'll get buried fast here:

k2A0GI5.png

Normally I'd agree but LKD's track record says otherwise.

Damn I didn't know they were that small :/ But yeah Nintendo very regularly does larger media when it's required, so I don't see the filesize as too much of a barrier. If they want it on a cart, it'll be on one.
Dark Souls is a game that's not designed for local multiplayer, nor is it designed to be played on the move without an internet connection.

For another thing they'd need to heavily remaster the first game to get it running suitably on Switch, and if that's the case why wouldn't they release it on PS4 where the audience is. Where the platform is.

They'll probably at best give the pity port like ME3 for the final game in the trilogy when the final DLC hits in May. That's the best case scenario but it'll be akin to playing Call of Duty on a Vita.

Not worth the grease.

Just went to my local Best Buy. No Switch ads up, but EVERY SINGLE 3DS and Wii U was off the shelf, with blank price stickers where the Wii Us used to be. Weird to see.

ASIS

Vw7AabL.gif

The last countdown GIF, I want to honor Iwata because Nintendo Switch is more likely to be the last vision Iwata had in store for all of us. Iwata have done a lot of things for us the gamers and I really want to show my appreciate for what he have done for us.

This is so, so beautiful. Thank you.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Those "dream" line ups of ya'll, and no TRUE Seiken Densentsu sequel (or SoM awesome sublime 2D pixel remake, won't complain) in them ? Guys, pls.

I know, I'm a bit drunk right now , I just need a new Siken in my life :'(

Dark Souls is a game that's not designed for local multiplayer, nor is it designed to be played on the move without an internet connection.

For another thing they'd need to heavily remaster the first game to get it running suitably on Switch, and if that's the case why wouldn't they release it on PS4 where the audience is. Where the platform is.

They'll probably at best give the pity port like ME3 for the final game in the trilogy when the final DLC hits in May. That's the best case scenario but it'll be akin to playing Call of Duty on a Vita.

Not worth the grease.

Again, it's on pretty good authority that it's happening.

Also you're kinda wrong about the audience not being there and the probable work needed to get it working. FROM clearly took an interest in trying it out. It's always off when people claim certain games have no audience on a certain platform when that statement usually amounts to hand waving and generalizations. Not to mention Switch is a platform that isn't out yet, so there's literally not an audience for anything on it yet.

Not sure why local multiplayer wouldn't be something easily added for the Switch version, either. It'd be pretty easy and actually would work very well for doing invasions/coop with people locally.

Also PvE is plenty playable on the go and something many are interested in going by reactions to the proposition of it here.

Anyways LKD putting it on the bingo card makes me more or less sure it's happening. We'll find out in a day I guess.

Caelus

Yessss its really likely the Switch will come out during my Spring Break, I'm actually considering pre-ordering one now.

The rumours are suggesting it's a little bit more powerful than a Wii U plugged in due to harsh underclocking.

The Snapdragon 820 is an 8-core with more theoretical power on battery. It's not Android, so the Switch will definitely have lower level access, but it's still an older, underclocked simpler chip from Nvidia.
Um, no, the rumours suggest it's several times more powerful than a Wii U when docked.

A couple of electronics associates at my local Walmart that I know told me that a notice from Walmart corporate that they received mentioned a pre-order event would be taking place on the 13th. Didn't really say anything else. I know what I'm doing early that morning!

SuperSah

Banned
Yessss its really likely the Switch will come out during my Spring Break, I'm actually considering pre-ordering one now.

It comes out (if true) on the same day my university term ends. Absolutely perfect.

Definitely going to need a lot of sleep tonight and throughout tomorrow evening. It's gonna be a hella long one!

AdanVC

Vw7AabL.gif

The last countdown GIF, I want to honor Iwata because Nintendo Switch is more likely to be the last vision Iwata had in store for all of us. Iwata have done a lot of things for us the gamers and I really want to show my appreciate for what he have done for us.

Best way to finish the countdown gifs. Iwata was and always will be THE MAN! Nintendo Switch was his last vision and I hope for the best this console succeds. Thanks for all the hype this gifs bring to this threads, IntelliHeath! Please say you will be doing this countdown again in March when the console launches!

It'd be a Switch, wouldn't it?

I can't imagine it would be some sort of backbreaking endeavor to change the WiiU to a Switch.

Will that be the first time in a Pokemon game where the console in your room is the console you're playing on?

Emerald/Ruby = GameCube
Black/White = Wii
Sun/Moon = Wii U

end of an era

ckfy63a

Will that be the first time in a Pokemon game where the console in your room is the console you're playing on?

Emerald/Ruby = GameCube
Black/White = Wii
Sun/Moon = Wii U

end of an era

In Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, you could technically play on the Nintendo GameCube, with the Game Boy player. :p

Emerald/Ruby = GameCube
Black/White = Wii
Sun/Moon = Wii U

end of an era

Maybe they could make it a NES mini, just to fuck with us cos it's the only time we'll ever see one

Everyone keeps saying tomorrow but it's not until 4am the day after for me and I keep getting excited 😂

Really hope I can get a pre order in though. I already have one with game (they have a weird £999 placeholder register thing) but I don't trust them to have enough stock at launch.

Baleoce

All of the racing games please. I'd probably even settle for just one of the following :

F-Zero NX
Wave Race
1080 Snowboarding
Diddy Kong Racing 2

And if they want to take another shot at Golden Sun, by all means go ahead.

Pachimari

What I would like to see for Switch:

Pokémon Stars
2D Mario with a new style
F-Zero
Animal Crossing
Yokai Watch 4
Monster Hunter 5
Mario Kart 9
Splatoon 2
Super Smash Bros V
Luigi's Mansion 3
Fatal Frame

Ashodin

Man there's gonna be Mario footage and craziness and I want to see that Rabbids RPG! I don't care if it plays like Fire Emblem/X-Com, sounds awesome!

orioto

Good Art™
All of the racing games please. I'd probably even settle for just one of the following :

F-Zero NX
Wave Race
1080 Snowboarding
Diddy Kong Racing 2

And if they want to take another shot at Golden Sun, by all means go ahead.

You forgot that

25335-1.jpg

random25

Vw7AabL.gif

The legend. I hope the Switch will be his greatest legacy.

1 more day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom