• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm making carnitas tacos for dinner tomorrow, and I have a carton of Cinnamon Buns ice cream, and I have Friday off. I was planning on lining up at GameStop on Friday but it's going to be -25 soooo I'm debating what to do. I'll probably just sit in my car.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Based on tweets I've been reading from the usual suspects (Emily Rogers, Laura Kate Dale, Liam Robertson), I'm beginning to think that this event might really focus on launch window stuff and we'll get a "Part 2" in terms of software at E3. Not to say that I don't think this event will have a lot of info (they've got to cover all the hardware and online stuff, plus launch software), but I get the feeling that there's a good amount of stuff they're going to save for June.

I hope having this in mind means I won't be disappointed when tons of big projects we've been expecting or hearing rumors about don't show up.

messiaen

Make Nintendo great again

ytSQNRuvy2QUAkbO6RCF4yVkjJtHs78NWepAyp-iP7IxT6_GoEAO8E0RH8KOUtYjZZtMQUMv-2x3LQ=w522-h282-nc
We're gonna build a Switch and we're gonna make Foxxcon pay for it.

DMONKUMA

Based on tweets I've been reading from the usual suspects (Emily Rogers, Laura Kate Dale, Liam Robertson), I'm beginning to think that this event might really focus on launch window stuff and we'll get a "Part 2" in terms of software at E3. Not to say that I don't think this event will have a lot of info (they've got to cover all the hardware and online stuff, plus launch software), but I get the feeling that there's a good amount of stuff they're going to save for June.

I hope having this in mind means I won't be disappointed when tons of big projects we've been expecting or hearing rumors about don't show up.

Bare minimum for me is that Zelda is confirmed for launch and maybe something else new.

If not then yeah the event does nothing for me.

Sponge

Banned
Based on tweets I've been reading from the usual suspects (Emily Rogers, Laura Kate Dale, Liam Robertson), I'm beginning to think that this event might really focus on launch window stuff and we'll get a "Part 2" in terms of software at E3.

I'm starting to think this as well.

messiaen

Well, they have been taking the more Apple-esque approach lately with directs it seems. Don't announce projects until the launch is within sight. So that doesn't surprise me too much.

Even their e3 directs have been a look at this coming holiday season, lately, haven't they been?

So we had everything set up with my kids to watch this tomorrow (1am here), we're all on vacation atm. And just now the oldest one (18) told me he will go to a party instead, and the other one (16) will just play LoL, my kids are jerks D:

Reminds me of how my dad was, haha. They'll probably watch it or read about it during the weekend and you guys can still at least talk about it later.

I'm home alone for 3 weeks so I invited my friend over and my wife is skyping me from GA to CA during it, so I understand the want to be around people for big events. There will be others! :)

L95

man oh man oh man oh man

I almost forgot about this! Why couldn't I have remembered it tomorrow evening. Now I must sit and wait and be excited....

That looks great!

Nah I'll wait.

It's just that I really liked a lot of the 3DS special editions but I didn't have the money for them after buying the OG model. I was def jealous at seeing people posting theirs (Don't ever go into the "show us your gaming goods" thread). I've never owned a special edition anything since I do this with all consoles and such that I buy.

Just saying that if I think the switch looks like it's going to be awesome then I think I could wait for a special edition release so that I can enjoy it even more. Or even just more color options. It would make it that much more special to me and I'd also doge any potential early adopter hardware problems as well. Also, a lot of times refinements are made to special editions.

Instro

Yeah that's what I've been expecting for a while, even though I think it is a terrible idea. I really hope they show more than just launch window software, they are just going to leave everyone with the impression that they once again lacking games. Which is particularly problematic considering how terrible their software showings have been over the last couple years.

kubus

Just 24 hours left!

Am I the only one who is a bit hesitant going to GAF or check Twitter every day after waking up because you're afraid the whole presentation has been leaked while you were asleep?

We're so close, I would hate it if everything was leaked now...

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Well, they have been taking the more Apple-esque approach lately with directs it seems. Don't announce projects until the launch is within sight. So that doesn't surprise me too much.

Even their e3 directs have been a look at this coming holiday season, lately, haven't they been?

I want to say "yes," and Nintendo would say "yes," but I'm not sure if they've only been doing that because behind the scenes more and more resources were being moved to their then-unannounced console. Once Switch is out, I'm curious if that recent approach will be thrown out. Then again, if 1st party output increases due to a singular focus, they might always have enough to talk about that a "next six months" presentation would always be full. E3 2017 and 2018 should be telling.

Just 24 hours left!

Am I the only one who is a bit hesitant going to GAF or check Twitter every day after waking up because you're afraid the whole presentation has been leaked while you were asleep?

We're so close, I would hate it if everything was leaked now...

I've been thinking about that, too, but I do want to be paying attention at least at night in case the online pre-orders go live.

joker3782

Neo Member
Im just lying here in bed struggling to sleep. Its almost 4am here in England. Man these next 24 hours are gonna be rough. Since its a live press conference, should we expect it to start late like some live press conferences typically do? (which is one reason why i prefer the nintendo direct live streams since they always have those run on time)

I dunno, if Dark Souls is a part of the presentation at all I'll lose my mind.

I'm so sick of people assuming there isn't a market for Dark Souls on Switch (because there are many of us). I think this is apparent and it's why LKD said it would be there tomorrow. I think FROM is interested in testing the waters near aunch.

It's a pretty big deal, too. We've gone from Miyazaki laughing at the idea of DS on a Nintendo console to the current (alleged) state of affairs. I don't know if Nintendo would ever approach them for it, or if they'd want to either, but I would love to see a collaboration between the two if the Switch brings them closer together.

This news alone would make tomorrow a crazy cool day for me. The prospect of playing DS on the go, and even possibly the introduction of local multiplayer. It could be entirely functionally the same as the current PvP system, but uses local wireless. I don't know what I expect but if there's any FROM news I'm sold.

GrizzNKev

Banned
that poem in the poem thread sucked

'Twas the night before Switchmas, when all through the GAF
"Not a WiiU was stirring," they post for a laugh;
The stilettos were hung by the warp pipes with care,
In hopes that St. Ninty soon would be there;
The koopalings nestled all snug in their beds;
While visions of rock and roll danced in their heads;
And Mario, with an M on his cap,
Had just settled his 'stache for a long winter's nap,
When out on the forum there arose such a clatter,
He sprang from his bed to see what was the matter.
Away to GAMING he flew with his cash,
Tore open his laptop which was prone to crash.
A link to a stream that was airing on Twitch,
Held promise of showing the new-fallen Switch,
When what did his wondering eyes pick apart,
But a miniature gamepad and eight tiny game carts,
With a little old dock so lovely and slendo,
He knew in a moment it must be Nintendo.
More rapid than Birdo its coursers they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name:
"Miyamoto! Masuda! now Kondo! Aonuma!
On, Reggie! on, Trinen! on, Pres. Kimishima!
JoyCon on the left! JoyCon on the right!
Show me a home for my new game tonight!"

you're welcome

Astral Dog

The problem is they can't treat this as just another Direct, Thus the expectations are high. Maybe like the conference when 3DS was revealed,they weren't afraid to show lots of games in development that is the best scenario i think.

Anyways we dont have to wait long to know ;^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom