• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY WON'T MY PANTS STAY ON
Nintendo-GIF-2015.gif

Vena

Based on tweets I've been reading from the usual suspects (Emily Rogers, Laura Kate Dale, Liam Robertson), I'm beginning to think that this event might really focus on launch window stuff and we'll get a "Part 2" in terms of software at E3. Not to say that I don't think this event will have a lot of info (they've got to cover all the hardware and online stuff, plus launch software), but I get the feeling that there's a good amount of stuff they're going to save for June.

I hope having this in mind means I won't be disappointed when tons of big projects we've been expecting or hearing rumors about don't show up.

You'll get a handful of surprises, but this is what you should expect. They want momentum into and out of E3.

Me after I successfully preorder one.

Me too. LOL, I thought about going to a brick and mortar shop Friday, but I am going to try Amazon or Best Buy when preorders open up on their online stores. If my online preorder fails then I will just roll with it and see what I can do after work Friday at Best Buy.

psyfi

Banned
24 hours to go :)

I'm getting off GAF for the night, I've spent way too much time on the hype train today. choo choo mother fuckers, see yall tomorrow

delume

The realness is getting real. Unifying their handheld and home systems just makes so much sense for Nintendo, and as a consumer of games, it makes sense for me to get HYPED!

NateDrake

You'll get a handful of surprises, but this is what you should expect. They want momentum into and out of E3.

Exactly. Focus on launch & launch window (or about June/July) - but tease some future stuff to get people excited, then go into E3 with the second round of releases for August thru the holiday season and early 2018.

AdanVC

Damn so Nintendo really streamed a few seconds just to throw that 24 hour jingle and image. That is a lil' creepy and fucking awesome at the same time.

I'm currently at Target and just spoke with the supervisor at the electronics department about preorders for the Switch. He says as of this moment they've gotten no notice or promotional material about pre-orders nor have they gotten any new updates in their system for the Switch. He said his system is currently updated for upcoming items out to two weeks and he went through it and nothing for Switch is listed in there. He said there's a possibility that they'll get last minute update after the presentation tomorrow but most likely pre-order won't be available for another two weeks. Of course YMMV but this is a pretty big Target location in the IE so it's weird for them not to be on top of preorders.

He did say that they are going to cut down the WiiU section soon and that they're not getting anymore WiiU units in though so the Switch is definitely taking over it's spot.

Vena

Exactly. Focus on launch & launch window (or about June/July) - but tease some future stuff to get people excited, then go into E3 with the second round of releases for August thru the holiday season and early 2018.

I say, if they can't announced at least three games of which only one comes out within two years, they are done. Cancel it all.

We need empty promises, but even better if we're made to pay for them through a Kickstarter.

_Clash_

If there's last minute Kamiya/Scalebound/ not Scalebound but still 10/10 Kamiya hype news.

I'm cashing in all my gamer juju and treating my GF to a Switch when I get mine at launch.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Do we have a confirmation for the length of the presentation, or is it just the NicoNico/Nikkei speculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom