• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboculus

Anybody think they can guess the 15 rumored launch games

1. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. New 3D Mario
3. Mario Kart 8 port
4. Splatoon port
5. NBA 2K17
6. Skyrim
7. Mario and Rabbids game
8. Just Dance 2017
9. Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
10. Madden 17
11. Smash Bros port
12. Bayonetta 2 port (fingers crossed)
13. Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
14. Lego game
15. Switch Party game

Joqu

I'm a little late, but here's my bingo thing

switchbingoloaik.png

Randomizer

Tropical Freeze was released in 2014 but it was done at the end of 2013, right? So, more than three years.
If they have nothing to show tomorrow, they most certainly will at E3. Either that or they have extremely shitty management. As by that point they will not have had a showable product within 3 1/2 years.

Neoxon

Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Agreed
Splatoon Agreed
New 3D Mario I wouldn't get your hopes up
Mario Rabbids RPG I think Laura heard that this got pushed to Fall
Mario Kart If I recall, this was rumored for the first 3 months, not Day 1
Skryim Agreed
Just Dance 2017 Agreed
Street Fighter 5 Not happening, it's a PS4 console exclusive
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Maybe
Batman: The Telltale Series Maybe, but Telltale Guardians may fill the void
Mass Effect Andromeda nope.avi
Resident Evil 7 Maybe
NBA 2k17 Agreed
Sonic Mania Probably
Bravely Third I wouldn't get your hopes up

There's my shot
The bolded are my reactions to your guesses.

Unless Nintendo pays Sony out the ass, Street Fighter V is never leaving PS4 as far as consoles go. It's about as likely as Bayonetta 2 being ported to the PS4 & XB1.

Skatterd

I completely forgot about Sony bankrolling SF5 for some reason

I will replace that guess with Tekken 7.

I realize Bravely Third probably isn't happening (yet) but wanted a long shot on there lol.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
So some people are saying Nintendo streamed just a few second to play the "Dawn of the Last Day" jingle.

C18TwDXUUAAMz9C.jpg:large

What is the link to this stream? I tried searching for it a couple days ago after YouTube put it in my subscriptions box a few days before that, but I couldn't find it.

EDIT: Nevermind. It showed up in my recommended videos. For anyone who like me couldn't find it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuC4YLLkqME

Though mine doesn't give me all of those fancy playback controls/data that are in that image...

Here is the link to the presentation video, for people who won't watch it live and would like to watch it spoiler free:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuC4YLLkqME

I know it's a simple thing to do yourself but thank you for thinking of the little guys that have to work through the presentation. My plan is to close up shop as early as possible and commute during it then camp amazon to smash that preorder button and afterwards watch everything in the morning..

KooopaKid

Banned
Tropical Freeze was released in 2014 but it was done at the end of 2013, right? So, more than three years.

If Retro hasn't something new to show, it would mean they lost a lot of talent.
Not sure this studio still deserves its rep.
We'll see in 24h.

Anybody think they can guess the 15 rumored launch games

1. Scalebound
2. Bayonetta 3
3. Shenmue 4
4. All-new Wipeout
5. Final Fantasy VII-R: Complete Edition
6. All-new Crash Bandicoot
7. All-new non-Skylanders Spyro
8. All-new Medievil
9. AAA Harry Potter RPG
10. Jumpswitch Flash
11. Deswitchon Derby
12. 1080p Snowboarding
13. Gex: Switch On The Gecko
14. Perfect Dark Switch-O
15. Rayman 2 port

Blunoise

I think I've reached the point were I'm not hyped anymore and now ready for the worse: a boring reveal with tons of ports and no new amazing games. Prove me wrong Nintendo if you want my money.
I'm in the same boat. The Wii U burnt me out lol, maybe we will be very surprised tonight

Out of curiosity, how would people feel about a Splatoon like strategy to releasing free DLC updated bi-weekly on Smash Bros.? If every two weeks they could update with some combination of new stages, items, characters, trophies, balance patches, updates to other modes, etc. It could be really exciting and get people playing it for a long period of time. If they went with that strategy they could have the free DLC last 6 months with a new character and stage about every month-month and a half. I think it would be a cool substitute to unlocks and having character reveals via directs. Instead you can load up the game one day and get the New Challenger!! warning and discover the new character that way.

I've gotta trade some stuff in at Gamestop tomorrow night after work for preorder credit on Friday.

Can't be dealing with that shit at open on Friday morning.

Bye bye (for now) GBA and Wii.

Out of curiosity, how would people feel about a Splatoon like strategy to releasing free DLC updated bi-weekly on Smash Bros.? If every two weeks they could update with some combination of new stages, items, characters, trophies, balance patches, updates to other modes, etc. It could be really exciting and get people playing it for a long period of time. If they went with that strategy they could have the free DLC last 6 months with a new character and stage about every month-month and a half. I think it would be a cool substitute to unlocks and having character reveals via directs. Instead you can load up the game one day and get the New Challenger!! warning and discover the new character that way.

I think it'd be a great idea, but I dunno if they'd do it. Here's hoping!

AdanVC

In less than 24 hours we'll be watching and rewatching trailers featuring female Link, Metroid Dread, Earthbound 2, FFVI remake, Half Life 3, StarTropics 2, Kid Icarus Uprising 2, F-Zero Switch Velocity, Super Mario World Tour, Pokemon Stars, etc.

i kant weit!!!!11

HotHamBoy

1. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. New 3D Mario
3. Mario Kart 8 port
4. Splatoon port
5. NBA 2K17
6. Skyrim
7. Mario and Rabbids game
8. Just Dance 2017
9. Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
10. Madden 17
11. Smash Bros port
12. Bayonetta 2 port (fingers crossed)
13. Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
14. Lego game
15. Switch Party game

Not at launch, not ever.

CoD seems unlikely, too.

I've gotta trade some stuff in at Gamestop tomorrow night after work for preorder credit on Friday.

Can't be dealing with that shit at open on Friday morning.

Bye bye (for now) GBA and Wii.

I just checked the website.

Your Wii will get $20 credit, $16 cash.

They aren't taking any Game Boy Advance systems or GBA games. Only Game Boy they will take is the original for $8.50 credit or $6.80 cash.

If you have a Wii with a New Motion Plus Wii Remote you can get more. $35 credit, $28 cash. That's surprising, honestly. But you're still a long way from a Switch and they will lowball the hell out of your games. I recently traded in some PS3 games and some of them were only worth 25 cents.

Just remember, Switch may not even get Wii games. Wii U has them because it has a Wii chip inside.

0racle

Guys

I seriously had a dream the new marior was a a running style game. But it was REALLY wide, multiple parallel paths , can go back as well as forward. Weird.

AdanVC

1. Scalebound
2. Bayonetta 3
3. Shenmue 4
4. All-new Wipeout
8. All-new Medievil
9. AAA Harry Potter RPG
10. Jumpswitch Flash
11. Deswitchon Derby
12. 1080p Snowboarding
15. Rayman 2 port

image.php

dimmer

1. Scalebound
2. Bayonetta 3
3. Shenmue 4
4. All-new Wipeout
8. All-new Medievil
9. AAA Harry Potter RPG
10. Jumpswitch Flash
11. Deswitchon Derby
12. 1080p Snowboarding
15. Rayman 2 port

You forgot Half Life 3

I hope that we'll get Elder Scrolls Online in addition to Skyrim. I would so love to play an MMO on the go and I've loved ESO (bought it 3 times: non-Steam, Steam, and Xbox One).

Do you think God Eater would be ported?

I see people mentioning Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 for Switch, which is scheduled for a late March release on PS4. I guess that would mean it would be a early launch window game.

DMONKUMA

Imagine if they do something similiar to the Star Wars developer showcase video that was shown at E3, for all their developement studios. That would piss a lot of people.

Speely

Banned
I hope that we'll get Elder Scrolls Online in addition to Skyrim. I would so love to play an MMO on the go and I've loved ESO (bought it 3 times: non-Steam, Steam, and Xbox One).

I would love that, but ESO's file size is MASSIVE. If there ever was a game to make the Switch's storage capacity an issue, it's ESO.

Neoxon

Because Nintendo proprietry chargers a annoying AF and C-Type is tomorrow's 'Micro USB'; people be drowning in them soon.
It's more than that. The data transfer speeds of USB Type-C as well as its various other features could have it potentially replace the standard rectangular USB Type-A plug in the near future. Hell, we're already seeing laptops like the various MacBooks use USB Type-C (or more specifically, Intel's Thunderbolt 3, which uses the same Type-C plug) exclusively.

Ive literally been having dreams about this announcement for weeks.

Last night it was that I just completely missed the direct. Another few days ago it was that Nintendo announced a new Metroid Prime, Galaxy 3, and showed a strangely Sonic Xtreme -like Sonic game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Hype trains were banned a while ago, dude.

I thought Hype Train with a lot of those avatar requests were banned but not picture of hype train? I remember it was banned because too many people would derail the thread with those avatars requests to being part of the picture. I wish moderators would come forward and clarify on that subject. (I'm not sure if they did.)

So some people are saying Nintendo streamed just a few second to play the "Dawn of the Last Day" jingle.

C18TwDXUUAAMz9C.jpg:large
I was just told that apparently this happens for every livestream that has 24 hours left. That's pretty amazing!!!
Majora's Mask 3D + Ocarina of Time 3D HD Collection for Switch?

A man can dream.
This please please please please please!!!! I want to play Majora's Mask on the big screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom