• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My final predictions in no particular order:

1: Splatoon 2 is called Splatoon 2. Its a sequel to what should be the surprise of noone since why would Nintendo only port a online game? Come on now.

2: Splatoon 2 is bundled with NS...for $249.99 US DOLLARS. Thats right I'm being risky on this one.

3: Girl "Link' is confirmed. I predict tho it may not be revealed in the conference, that it has a fully customizable character creator including skin tones however thats because in the beginning your Zelda describing to Impa/Hyrulian Guards which random villager has the potential to be a hero and infuses them with hero power since the real Link is dead. The fusing takes 100 years to complete. I would love a real girl Link but this way girl Link would be canon since whoever you personally choose would be canon without affecting the timeline. To the rage of many (including me lol) they would go back to regular Link for most future titles with no custom unless they can fit it into the story again. Its a launch title worldwide.

4: Mario Rabbids Kingdom is a launch title.

5: 3D Mario is Holiday.

6: Retro's game is Kid Icarus.

7: New 2D Metroid game.

8: New Yarn game by Good Feel.

9: No Pikmin. Pikmin 3DS is Pikmin 4 to the meltdowns of many.

10: Persona 5 at Switch launch in Japan/April 4th in the west.

11: Monster Hunter XX announced for launch in Japan and Summer in the west.

12: Mario Musou announced for Summer.

13: Smash "Port" is called Smash 5. Same engine but showed as sequel with over a dozen mew characters. Atleast one shown off.

14: Mario Kart 9 announced. 16 New Tracks, 8 Retro Tracks from MK8, 8 Retro Tracks not in Mario Kart 8. Inkliing Playable.

15: New Pushmo announced because they're everywhere.

16: Game Cube VC rumors true. LM, MS, and SSBM at launch. $15 each,

17: If you have WiiU/3DS VC version you get discount here. Drip lineup again.

18: Joycon to buy with real D-Pad.

19: New IP starring Paper Clips. Big online game.

20: Zelda 2D Maker announced for 2017. NES, ALTTP, GBC, MC, and ALBW styles. Can create around 8 full rooms of a dunegon per a level.

21: Dark Souls 3 Complete Edition announced for release sometime after DLC is done.

22: Tekken 7 announced.

23: DanganRonpa V3 announced.

24: Tales of Berseria announced.

25: In addition to already known SE games, FFXIV announced. Nintendo allows cross play.

26: Rocket League announced.

27: Yooka-Laylee "officially" announced.

28: Xenoblade X port announced for 2017.

29: New Monolith game announced.

30: Something Shin Megami Tensei announced.

31: No ports from 3DS games like Mario Sports game.

32: Mother 3 announced. Lucina amiibo limited edition announced. Physical version has trilogy, is rom dump. $50. Mother 4 fan game is made canon and also included.

Nothing really outlandish imo. We shall see what happens and await to be wowed.

AdanVC

I was just told that apparently this happens for every livestream that has 24 hours left. That's pretty amazing!!!

This please please please please please!!!! I want to play Majora's Mask on the big screen!

WHAAAAAT!? All streams on YT even those that have nothing to do with Nintendo or Zelda!? Woah.

Man there is a fucking lot riding on this reveal. I hope Nintendo realize that. They can't come out and show a damn virtual fireworks show to end the conference.

This sets the tone for The Switch, and so far they've done so much better marketing it than they did the Wii U. This reveal needs to kill it on the software front

Joqu

You saw nothing, Wolfgang Jr

switchbingo2psyxk.png

i don't know how i'm supposed to interpret this D:

daffy

Banned
In less than 24 hours we'll be watching and rewatching trailers featuring female Link, Metroid Dread, Earthbound 2, FFVI remake, Half Life 3, StarTropics 2, Kid Icarus Uprising 2, F-Zero Switch Velocity, Super Mario World Tour, Pokemon Stars, etc.
Brb trying to create an alternate timeline where this is true

AmyS

It's been three years I think?

Atleast 3 years. They better have a game there. Nintendo has to instill confidence that they will have games for the year.

It still makes no sense to show games up to E3 like some keep suggesting.

Tropical Freeze was released in 2014 but it was done at the end of 2013, right? So, more than three years.

Good to know. So Retro has had more than 3 years working on a new game before the Switch even releases.

Man there is a fucking lot riding on this reveal. I hope Nintendo realize that. They can't come out and show a damn virtual fireworks show to end the conference.

This sets the tone for The Switch, and so far they've done so much better marketing it than they did the Wii U. This reveal needs to kill it on the software front
Shit. THIS IS IT

I just want a 3D Mario that's more like SM64.

And Zelda to be amazing. Read: different and significantly better than recent iterations. The series has grown stale for me... But BotW is looking promising from what I've seen. Still not sure if it still be my cup of tea though.

ffdgh

They definitely have been doing much better so far compared to the lead up of the wii u. Fingers crossed that they don't unexpectedly choke tonight.

I just want a 3D Mario that's more like SM64.

And Zelda to be amazing. i.e. different and significantly better than recent iterations. The series has grown stale for me... But BotW is looking promising from what I've seen. Still not sure if it still be my cup of tea though.

The rumors said 3D Mario is more open. Not as open as Mario 64, but it's definitely more open like Mario 64.

Da-Kid

Because Type C is virtually the universal charging cord type. They're cheap, and accessible, charge fast, and transfers and reads data fast. It's so widely used that airports have charging stations just for the USB port, there's desks made with just the USB port. And every phone that isn't IPhone uses it. And it's becoming more and more used for devices. For the past couple years, Nintendo chargers have been pretty much unique for their devices, meaning if one broke, you're shelling out $20-$30 for a new one.

Agreed. This reveal will set the tone for what people expect from the switch. They've built up for months and given themselves little time to turn things around if the reveal disappoints. I feel like by the end of tomorrow we'll have a good idea of how well the switch is going to do.

They need to knock it out of the park.

Agreed. This reveal will set the tone for what people expect from the switch. They've built up for months and given themselves little time to turn things around if the reveal disappoints. I feel like by the end of tomorrow we'll have a good idea of how well the switch is going to do.

They need to knock it out of the park.

The one thing that gives me some hope at the very least is that the reveal trailer was excellent and miles better than anything they did for the Wii U or 3ds for that matter

J@hranimo

Banned
watch him fall asleep and miss the whole thing

Lmao 😂

DAMN! Truly passionate with his job as streamer haha. I like his shirt. Joycon Boyz.

If he was smart, he'd do so.
I mean, not miss it, but as it start, still play asleep.

I'll watch if there's no bathroom breaks in between his stream lmao

He's started drinking, so honestly.......rip lmao.

I think I'll use this dude for my insomnia

as a black dude myself I get so tired of hearing nigga for everything

Same tbh

Tomorrow is gonna go so fast and so slow at the same time it's gonna be ridiculous.

TreIII

The next definitive Mario, a few more tidbits of BOTW, HD Monster Hunter and at least a tease of what P* could have in store. Those are the only things that I really request.

Anything else, to the tune of confirming Region-Free, or a surprise reveal of something we haven't seen in a while, like Metroid or "saving" Bomberman from Konami, would be the icing on the cake!

The one thing that gives me some hope at the very least is that the reveal trailer was excellent and miles better than anything they did for the Wii U or 3ds for that matter

Which is saying something, because most scenarios in that trailer made little sense. It made it look like gamers need to be playing games at any moment to get through the day.

In spite of that, it successfully explained the concept. It works because we can mentally replace the trailer's non-sensical scenarios with ones that make more sense to us and we get out of it that it's a cool concept.

The Wii U's "New controller" trailer is a disaster, especially in hindsight, because it caused confusion and also showed scenarios that people don't care about, but it was difficult for the viewers to come up with better ones.

Coda

Hoping Platinum has a new game to show off after the sad Scalebound blunder. A new IP would be cool but I'd totally take a Bayonetta 3 announcement as well.

Cerium

High stakes, high stakes.

I've been watching Smash character reveal reaction vids to hype myself up for these finals hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom