• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrawnton

Help! My nephew put the strap backwards (the "-" now matches with "+") and it now completely stuck! Anyway to fix this?

dammit, i put the wristband attachment on my joycon incorrectly, now its stick and i cant get it out

help!

anyone else do this and was able to get it off?
I put it on backwards at first. It was real tough to get off but with enough force it popped off without causing any damage. Just keep pulling.

They made the connection to the wrist straps too darn tight. It's my only issue with the system.

The_Lump

Banned
Loving fast RMX. Hell it plays great even with one joycon, great recommendation for split play. Looks great on TV, even way better on handheld. Online is smooth.

Agreed, it's brilliant. Fantastic launch game IMO.

Loving everything with my Switch so far, it looks, feels, plays fantastically. Genuinely a "WOW" moment when you undock Zelda for the first time and realise this slim little tablet is running this gorgeous game. Simply stunning.

My only complaint is the half baked OS features. Really does feel 'beta' and there is just a lot missing at the moment. Hopefully Nintendo update a lot and often in these first few months...

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Help! My nephew put the strap backwards (the "-" now matches with "+") and it now completely stuck! Anyway to fix this?
Just keep pushing it up more, till it eventually pops off.

Alienous

The device seems decent - light and smaller than expected.

But that device seems to get pretty hot when playing BotW. Concerning this really on.

Ninja Dom

Ok so linked to my Nintendo Account (which was linked to my NNID on WiiU)

So how come I can't get the Mii that's my Nintendo Network account avatar to show up on my Switch? Only lets me create a new Mii :( That's really annoying.

You can't. You have to import your Mii in from a Wii U or 3DS using an Amiibo.

Very happy to report that my iPad charger + Anker Powerline+ 6ft USB-A -> USB-C cable combo is strong enough to charge the handheld while I'm playing Zelda!

This means I can leave my AC adaptor in the dock and keep this for my room. :)

Lexxism

I'm trying to link my NNID on my eshop right but it kept on deleting the @gmail when I'm sending it. What am I doing wrong here?

edit: It was a wrong account. my goodness

Varg

Banned
Only complaint is the wifi quality . Solved it by just going handheld and going near my router, but other then that no issues . Snipperclips is so much fun multiplayer and Zelda is just as epic that I thought it would be . Will be ordering the Ethernet adapter this weekend so I don't have to deal with this wifi crap anymore

Guys, I have some really stupid questions about the dock and I'm too lazy to read the manual.

When docked with the TV on, the charge doesn't seem to go up for the Switch. Is that normal? When I place it into the dock, it switches on automatically. I think it detects my TV is on when it isn't. Should it do that?

Durden77

Jesus why is the Pro controller so expensive? One of the worst things about modern controllers is that they're now 60 bucks. But 70? Wtf?

DjRalford

What have you tried? I played fast RMX and I heard that has rumble. However I wasn't that impressed in that game

Just some 1-2 switch so far, the balls in the box was ok, i could easily tell how many were rolling round hitting each other and the sides.

It has potential

MarkusRJR

Man, my left analog stick squeaks when I move it right. It's not super loud but when I'm playing I constantly hear it. :(

Wish I could get a replacement but since it technically works there's no way to get one... I'm sure as he'll not spending $100 Canadian to get a new pair so I guess I'm stuck with this as my primary Switch controller.

MisterP

Banned
I have to put it down every few minutes as I'm getting pins & needles in my hands. Its a nuisance tbh but I guess that's the price I have to pay for portability.

I put it on backwards at first. It was real tough to get off but with enough force it popped off without causing any damage. Just keep pulling.

They made the connection to the wrist straps too darn tight. It's my only issue with the system.

Just keep pushing it up more, till it eventually pops off.

oQFPrZO.jpg
Did you put it in like this? I tried to push it out for the last hour but it didnt move at all

EDIT: I'm DUMB. Push it out the wrong way.

Noctilum

I picked up a Pro Controller and I can't believe the night and day difference the analog sticks are on it. Zelda is actually playable for me now because they are nice and tight. I wasn't able to aim or control the camera worth a darn they were so fast and sensitive. I dread the day I can only play with the joy cons.

The Argus

I really hate how the Switch wobbles in the dock. I can see how that can lead to scratches when inserting it. Wish it went in smooth like the Joycons do.

Also, can't say I'm a fan of the way the included controller setup feels. Oh well, Pro is arriving tomorrow.

Whatever you do, don't put one of your joycons onto the wrist strap the wrong way round and then have to spend 20+ minutes with a metal shiv and force trying to separate them. At one point I almost gave up it was so tough.

They slide on the wrong way SO EASILY you would swear it couldn't possibly be the wrong way. A spectacularly crap piece of engineering on what is overall a very solid piece of engineering. Plenty of kids will get this wrong and have trouble with this guaranteed.

But apart from that, fantastic machine, can't believe it's only 16 watts. All that RAM and super fast flash memory loading times make it feel very capable and modern. Very impressive for what is effectively a docking portable device.

I'll keep my PS4 Pro around for the latest spectacular cinematic experiences, but playing something like stardew on that 100+watt monster would feel clumsy and silly after holding the switch and feeling it's potential. Can't wait for the e-store to fill up.

th4tguy

I bought a pro controller and it came with a USB c cable for charging. Now I was considering buying a second charge cable for portable mode while in bed or traveling but now that I have the extra cable, can I use this cable and something like an iPhone/ iPad power brick instead?

Scrawnton

Did you put it in like this? I tried to push it out for the last hour but it didnt move at all
Yes that's how I did it. Just push down the lock button and push like hell. I got it off without damaging it. It was only in there for a minute. And I don't think the joycon lock nub is in danger of breaking because it's not technically locked in.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Just got a little freaked out when the Switch wouldn't recognize the left joy-con; didn't even see it was connected, even when physically on the rail. Rebooting didn't help. I had to disconnect it and hold down the little power button and it turned on, then it connected. I guess it needed to be reset?

Does zelda get cool and have story elements later on? It doesnt seem like the game that was shown in the trailer after the PR event.

I dont really understand the rave reviews right now. First character I meet talks in gibberish instead of voice, and I am fighting the same enemies over and over with no XP to be gained. It looks...OK I guess for a handheld game. The same grass and trees and same enemies over and over.

Its not terrible but...I dont really see anything beyond what I would expect from an Indie game let alone a 98/100 game.

Do things pick up like after this green area? Is it a tutorial area for the first hour then its gets cool?

Right now I am liking Setsuna more.

Plasmid

Will the joycon charge if the switch is plugged into a usb charger and they're connected? How can I charge the jiycons on the go?

Biske

Is anybody finding a terrible internet connection with the switch?

All my other devices in this area are fine, but the switch has the weakest connection

jts

...hate me...
I bought a pro controller and it came with a USB c cable for charging. Now I was considering buying a second charge cable for portable mode while in bed or traveling but now that I have the extra cable, can I use this cable and something like an iPhone/ iPad power brick instead?
iPhone power brick would charge it extremely slowly, iPad brick is preferable (even if still not ideal).

But in short it is possible to charge the Switch with that cable.

ekim

Does zelda get cool and have story elements later on? It doesnt seem like the game that was shown in the trailer after the PR event.

I dont really understand the rave reviews right now. First character I meet talks in gibberish instead of voice, and I am fighting the same enemies over and over with no XP to be gained. It looks...OK I guess for a handheld game. The same grass and trees and same enemies over and over.

Its not terrible but...I dont really see anything beyond what I would expect from an Indie game let alone a 98/100 game.

Do things pick up like after this green area? Is it a tutorial area for the first hour then its gets cool?

Right now I am liking Setsuna more.

Yeah. Just keep playing. You have barely seen anything and you are in the tutorial area.

Are you pushing the right way? If you slide it on fully the completely wrong way, it goes beyond aligning with the edge and sticks out like that photo, remember that when considering what way you are pushing to undo.

Edit - deleted instructions. Screw my method, video method posted by Jinjo looks easier/better.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Had a preorder, cancelled it weeks ago because I just didn't care and the launch lineup is dismal. BotW reviews were crazy good and videos got me wanting one even though i have a Wii U. I walked into WalMart on my way to work and snagged a neon version.

Well, I came home and hooked it up and haven't touched it. My son is 7 and has never played a Zelda game before. Suffice to say, he is hooked and is hogging the entire thing. He loves the game and his experiences with it are awesome; he keeps finding new things to do and the experimentation keeps yielding little stories from him.

Tomorrow night we're going to have family game night and play a few rounds of 1-2-Switch. Didn't want to buy it due to reviews, but my wife was really interested it in after Giant Bomb's play and it was my "in" to buy the system.

TB12

Banned
Gonna be honest, this thing look great. Got that premium product fealing :p

Come on Nintendo bring more games and more vc please :)

Letep

When charging the Switch in portable mode, with the joycons attached, is this charging the joycons as well? Or are they rubbing off the power of the tablet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom