• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo USB Wi-Fi connector problem!

Saoh

sorry, i know this may be a waste but im going ape shit here.

I´m having some problems with my Nintendo USB Wi-Fi connector!!

I got the Wi-Fi adapter and for a while it worked perfectly... but then, every time I logged to my XP session the wi-fi tool didn´t launch automatically (IIRC it used to). I actually had to unplug/plug the USB to make it run.

I un-installed everything and downloaded the latest software (1.04) from Nintendo´s site and deleted the registry´s from my PC (I used CCleaner). I ran the Setup again and everything was going fine, I got the "sharing internet connection" screen but after a while a new window came up and said "Error. please insert the USB device in a USB port".

what the hell? it´s like it doesn´t recognize the device anymore. I've tried everything. HELP! i already sent a message to Nintendo but that takes a while.

Thanks! ;_;

zodiak

Make sure you REMOVE the stick after uninstalling, then when reinstalling the software WAIT for the screen that says 'Insert USB stick', put it in and let the installation finish. Just don't start the installler with the wifi stick plugged in.

I'm having this exact same problem trying to install the WI-Fi software on my new computer. It starts installation and at the last second it says "Error. please insert the USB device in a USB port" and the installation is cancelled.

And yes I plugged the adapter when it indicated me to do so, not before. I'm interested on what Nintendo has to say on this too.

Top Bottom