• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh Review Thread

Kysen

wow this game reviewed well. I guess you could tell the dev was confident in their product with the number of betas.

Milijango

wow this game reviewed well. I guess you could tell the dev was confident in their product with the number of betas.

Those were for feedback - I've heard that alpha was rough. They really took the advice from the alpha and first beta to heart and did loads of balance changes.

IvorB

Those were for feedback - I've heard that alpha was rough. They really took the advice from the alpha and first beta to heart and did loads of balance changes.

Alpha wasn't rough. The changes they made were for the better but I probably would still be amped for the game if it was just like the alpha.

Coxy100

Banned
damn so many requests for the OT change - is Gaf a democracy or is this Trump's secret lair?

Come on...give the people what we want :(

It wasn't really rough, it just first time people were dealing with the system and it didn't have any real tutorial, plus there were some annoyances to mechanics. But it was ultimately the same game, just less polished in some aspects, and more difficult in others.

The best part of the alpha was being able to quickfire your ranged weapon. So many possibilities are now being missed because Team Ninja couldn't map the item shortcut switch to R1+R2 (like the stance changes) instead of just R2.

Flipside

Does anyone know if there are any pre-order bonuses for the physical release or special/first print editions?

I couldn't find anything so I'm thinking of cancelling my physical copy and instead pre-order the digital version because of the nice bonus armor sets.

ps3ud0

The best part of the alpha was being able to quickfire your ranged weapon. So many possibilities are now being missed because Team Ninja couldn't map the item shortcut switch to R1+R2 (like the stance changes) instead of just R2.
Another config that cries out for touchpad usage goes wanting - would have been easier to start off combos with a blind fire option for your ranged weapon...

ps3ud0 8)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Does anyone know if there are any pre-order bonuses for the physical release or special/first print editions?

I couldn't find anything so I'm thinking of cancelling my physical copy and instead pre-order the digital version because of the nice bonus armor sets.

yeah, a nioh theme, a nioh armor set and some other thing i forget

Drewfonse

There were a few people alluding to getting the game early couple of pages ago. From Best Buy maybe?

Is this happening in the US?

Thanks.

FrankWza

Stamina is ki for me too. Too good to pass up. Use the gaf one on ot2. At this rate it will be up pretty quick anyway. Lots of help needed in this hard a game will have plenty of posts.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
My first guess was 86-88 meta. I got right in between somehow, hopefully it can get to 88

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
My first guess was 86-88 meta. I got right in between somehow, hopefully it can get to 88
IGN and GameSpot give a 9 could make 88, I thought they have big weight on metacritic
I hold my 88 prediction

Man, some of these OT title attempts...

o0wd_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

1 more thing: Can I just turn the game off at anytime and pick up exactly where I left (like Souls) or do I get thrown back to the last shrine?

Good to see all the positive reviews.

I won't have the time to play Nioh on release but I want to support TN for creating such a fantastic game - pre-ordered :D

Top Bottom