• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh Review Thread

We already came up with one in the alpha thread Ni-Oh |OT| Ni-OhGAF Praises the Rising Sun
incredulous.gif

You can't be serious with this.

Nioh is now #3 on Amazon's best-sellers list and the top game. I don't think any one could have predicted that. This is why reviews absolutely matter. Tons of people are pre-ordering on the basis of the high scores.

Doesn't always work. Didn't help Titanfall 2 or Sunset Overdrive. Or maybe Xbone games just don't sell.

OT title is soo bad I had to cancel my preorder. Hopefully the person making it realizes there are better options available an doesn't just stick with the original one.

It would be funny tho " Op of OT of a game that requires you to use better gear and weapons when you find them finds better titles and disregards them"

AHA-Lambda

Niohgaf Praises the Rising Sun? Just...what? Like I get the Souls reference, but is there anything else about it that I'm missing? It's so long, forced, awkward, and just plain bad.

Stamina is Ki is perfect. And several others posted are way better than Praises the Rising Sun. That is just plain cringe.

Wait that's the actual OT title?

It's terrible =/

BigEmil

Is the OT title set in stone? :( Can't it be changed, since the game isn't out yet and the thread hasn't been created?
Thread hasn't been created, according to the ot creator mcz117chief the person decided that title ages ago and will stick by it. Bleh. Sabotage!

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Anything Niohgaf feels so (self)masturbatory that you gotta excuse my limp reactions to the ot title.
--------------------
I need more Nioh videos like the gameinformer one that explains all the systems in 30 minutes. But all I find are boss spoiler videos :-x
I especially want one that goes into gear customization intricacies.
Also what is the Boon option?

steven28

Niohgaf Praises the Rising Sun? Just...what? Like I get the Souls reference, but is there anything else about it that I'm missing? It's so long, forced, awkward, and just plain bad.

Stamina is Ki is perfect. And several others posted are way better than Praises the Rising Sun. That is just plain cringe.
It's just a thread title and doesn't affect anything but i completely agree,it's just beyond corny.Stamina is ki is perfect.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Its not too late, we can have a better OT subtitle.

Don't screw it up.

Nioh [OT]: Geraldo of Rivitsu in: Tengu Souls

Just joking, it should be Stamina is Ki. I mean seriously, what does the current title even have to do with the game? Where is the wit? It's like slapping the most obvious Dark Souls reference and GAF on it and doesn't do the game justice. Especially because Nioh isn't even a carbon copy Souls clone and that's the idea the OT title will reinforce in people's minds.

And since when do OT titles get decided close to one year in advance when we don't even know what the game will look like in the end o_O?

IvorB

A 10 from Jim??

Shit now I'm conflicted.
I want to like this game, but my experience from both the alpha and LTC were fairly miserable; I find the game simply too difficult, and I'm a Souls veteran =/

Dude, you've played the game twice and didn't like but just because some guy on the 'net says it's '10' you want to override your own opinion? That doesn't make sense...

crimilde

Banned
I have a digital deluxe copy pre-ordered on PSN but I also did a physical pre-order at a retailer (Romania) for a friend's birthday and they confirmed it today. It'll most likely arrive on Monday. I'm kinda jealous of him now hahaha.

Spman2099

A 10 from Jim??

Shit now I'm conflicted.
I want to like this game, but my experience from both the alpha and LTC were fairly miserable; I find the game simply too difficult, and I'm a Souls veteran =/

The enemies in this game are pretty darn susceptible to the shimmy. I know it seems really brutal at first, but I think you will find that it is actually probably a little easier than the Souls games. I would encourage you to give the game another go; especially since you seem to like this kind of game.

Belker

Am I allowed to chip in? I'm not sure how your naming conventions work, but the ki pulse reminded me of gears of war, so.. *ahem*

Nioh |OT| Active Ki-Load

But I thought Blondborne was very clever.

Ferr986

Dude, you've played the game twice and didn't like but just because some guy on the 'net says it's '10' you want to override your own opinion? That doesn't make sense...

It sounds that he liked the gameplay, just found it too difficult.

Top Bottom