• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh Review Thread

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Can anyone answer this please?
Does this game have varied environments (like forests, gardens, villages, mountains, forts) and at different times such as days and nights or is it just corridors at night?
I don't want specifics about locations (don't want to be spoiled), but just want to know if they are there.

Can anyone answer this please?
Does this game have varied environments (like forests, gardens, villages, mountains, forts) and at different times such as days and nights or is it just corridors at night?
I don't want specifics about locations (don't want to be spoiled), but just want to know if they are there.

They are there. I cannot confirm day-night cycle but I could have sworn I saw a familiar location in day when it was first at night when looking at the Godisageek review video

I cast my vote for "Stamina is Ki" already in the Last Chance Demo thread, but I'm doing it again.

NiohGAF ain't that clever; we're already on GAF, we don't need to jerk each other off over it.

Niohgaf Praises the Rising Sun? Just...what? Like I get the Souls reference, but is there anything else about it that I'm missing? It's so long, forced, awkward, and just plain bad.

Stamina is Ki is perfect. And several others posted are way better than Praises the Rising Sun. That is just plain cringe.

GonzoCR

Niohgaf Praises the Rising Sun? Just...what? Like I get the Souls reference, but is there anything else about it that I'm missing? It's so long, forced, awkward, and just plain bad.

Stamina is Ki is perfect. And several others posted are way better than Praises the Rising Sun. That is just plain cringe.

According to Wikipedia, the name of Japan in Japanese can be translated as the Land of the Rising Sun. Since it's a game inspired by Dark Souls set in Japan, it's probably a reference to that. Stamina is Ki is clearly the best, though.

Ratrat

According to Wikipedia, the name of Japan in Japanese can be translated as the Land of the Rising Sun. Since it's a game inspired by Dark Souls set in Japan, it's probably a reference to that. Stamina is Ki is clearly the best, though.
Also Solaire from DS1. Its the biggest Souls meme.
edit: nevermind, im sure everyone knows that.

I like ot title: 'Thanks Kodama' that soemone posted in the last thread

Van Bur3n

This game has difficulty settings?

So was Dark Souls 2 to be fair and that game reviewed better than both DS1 and Demon souls :p

But then again Souls is critics darling.

Reason as to why I pay little attention to what reviewers think when it comes to Souls. But its good to hear Nioh is well received.

As for the title of the official thread, whatever its going to be called, can we not stupidly spell it like "Ni-Oh" because that's not what the game is called at all? That's like spelling Bloodborne as Bloodbourne or Bloodborn. That said, its a terrible OT name.

Nioh is now #3 on Amazon's best-sellers list and the top game. I don't think any one could have predicted that. This is why reviews absolutely matter. Tons of people are pre-ordering on the basis of the high scores.

Eolz

I wouldn't go as far as cringe, but yeah, it's basically just cumulating Souls reference, self-reference and not having a good flow.
What a shame, but hey, since it's not changing, let's hope it might get to an OT 2 quickly at least...

Don't know how people can still be for references to other games, or worse, gaf itself in OT titles when there's more creative than that.

On topic, any new review yet?

Top Bottom