• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh Review Thread

1 more thing: Can I just turn the game off at anytime and pick up exactly where I left (like Souls) or do I get thrown back to the last shrine?

Good question...I somehow can't remember myself but the level/mission design makes me think it may kick you back.

Any takers? I can't recall.

Leezard

1 more thing: Can I just turn the game off at anytime and pick up exactly where I left (like Souls) or do I get thrown back to the last shrine?

Well, in the Last Chane Trial you got thrown back to the last shrine. I can't remember if you kept your items and amrita since the last shrine visit.

bmadger

Neo Member
Make sure you save at a shrine before turning off. It will not only save your amrita but also your living weapon charge level

IvorB

When do we get the Polygon "First 30 Minutes Of Nioh" gameplay video and/or video review?

That's really what I want at this point.

Just read the article out of interest. I typed "Polygon" into the search and "Polygon Nioh" was the third suggestion ha ha. Sounds like it too hard for them but it also sounds like they are trying to speed through and not taking time to level up and get stronger. Trying to sprint through games like that is always going to give a warped view of the game.

Ogawa-san

Well, in the Last Chane Trial you got thrown back to the last shrine. I can't remember if you kept your items and amrita since the last shrine visit.
You lose your progress if you do that. There's even an item that's just to return you to your last shrine with your stuff intact.

FrankWza

So the digital deluxe is the only way to get the weapon pack? Every other preorder bonus is aesthetic except the weapon pack? What weapons are included?

UpwindPoet24

Neo Member
50 hours in, almost finished...I think. Aiming for Sunday review. GUYS THIS CO-OP mode is insane, so much loot and so much fun. I love how rewarding the game is no matter at what level you play.

I really want this game, but I've been trying to not spend as much recently... I'm trying to talk myself out of getting it by saying things like "Well, Switch/Zelda is out in a month..." or "I have other games to play..." or "I have exams coming up soon..." but I liked the Last Chance Trial a good bit and enjoy the Souls games, so this is definitely a game I want at some point. I also keep telling myself that it seems like a game that *might* drop in price quickly, but I don't know about that, lol. Bleh.

Greedings

I think it's got a good chance of dropping in price in 2 months. The problem is, in two months I also have Nier, Zelda and Mass Effect. This first quarter is crammed with games I want to play, it's ridiculous.

I really want this game, but I've been trying to not spend as much recently... I'm trying to talk myself out of getting it by saying things like "Well, Switch/Zelda is out in a month..." or "I have other games to play..." or "I have exams coming up soon..." but I liked the Last Chance Trial a good bit and enjoy the Souls games, so this is definitely a game I want at some point. I also keep telling myself that it seems like a game that *might* drop in price quickly, but I don't know about that, lol. Bleh.

giphy.gif

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
I think it's got a good chance of dropping in price in 2 months. The problem is, in two months I also have Nier, Zelda and Mass Effect. This first quarter is crammed with games I want to play, it's ridiculous.

Nier and Mass Effect also got a good chance of dropping in price in 2 months

Anung

Un Rama
£34 at launch? What places are those if you don't mind me asking?

Simplygames and The Game Collection are my usual go too's. Like I have the Berserk game pre-ordered with Simplygames for 34 quid where everywhere wants 39 and above.

Kudo

giphy.gif

Here's hoping for few more 10's!

chekhonte

OH fun. I actually preorded this game which I never do. I've been watching this since it shaped up into a ninja gaiden/dark souls like game which interests me a F-ing ton.

I really hope it can live up to my self generated hype. I skipped the demo to go in fresh and I've only watched a small handful of videos last year.

Top Bottom