• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 in Tokyo Dome [OT] Let's Go Pro-Wrestling!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
More I think about it, the more I want Goto to get a belt. Guy would explode as a title holder. I'd book him against Tanahashi after letting Okada keep the belt, let Goto beat Tanahashi and book Okada vs Goto as the next big thing. Before the two came into their prime characters he beat Okada before so it'd be a good way to get him in the title card and probably the best match for it.

I don't know if that would happen, but I would definitely like to see Goto get at least a transitional run as champion this year, even though I think Naito is going to be the next big feud for Okada.

Xater

Hearing Dave and Bryan break down this card got me real hyped. Just not looking forward to getting up early tomorrow.

NJPW GAF, it's on at 7am here, although i'm ill and it's my final day off work so I am not getting up at 7 to watch this. Does anyone have any idea when the English version will ve available to stream?

Can I log on at say, 9:30 and watch from the start? Or must I wait until 11ish when it's finished? Also i'm scared of clicking on the wrong thing, damn the Japanese language!

Foffy

Banned
I don't know if that would happen, but I would definitely like to see Goto get at least a transitional run as champion this year, even though I think Naito is going to be the next big feud for Okada.

They'll handle that as well as Goto was a transitional champion for both the Tag Team and Intercontinental belts.

He's just feed for the people he originally beats.

Better than Honma, though. Poor guy and his streaks.

Signed up for NJPW World finally. When is the replay of WK10 coming on or how do we watch it on demand. I'm trying real hard not to see spoilers so any help would be great

Results of last night's Big Pro-Wrestling Festival:

(1) Hirai Kawato’s Debut Match: Yohei Komatsu vs. Hirai Kawato
◆Winner: Komatsu (6:22) with a Boston Crab.
(2) Teruaki Kanemitsu’s Debut Match: Sho Tanaka vs. Teruaki Kanemitsu
◆Winner: Sho (5:15) with a Boston Crab.

Kawato and Kanemitsu both looked good but very green, but it was good that Komatsu and Tanaka were their opponents as both are very good.

(3) Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask IV & Jay White vs. Ryusuke Taguchi, Mascara Dorada & David Finlay Jr.
◆Winner: Dorada (8:40) with the Dorada Screwdriver on White.
(4) Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Juice Robinson vs. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Captain New Japan
◆Winner: Kojima (10:56) following a Lariat on Captain.

CXyfyINUMAE-xs-.jpg

Also, NJPW signed two new young lions, the first-ever heavyweight young lions in quite a while, Katsuya Kitamura (left) and Noriyuki Oka (right). Both are former amateur heavyweights already in the 200+ pound range. They are also both older (Kitamura is 24, Oka is 30).

CXxum3HUAAEde8u.jpg

In addition, New Japan has announced a new series of shows called "Lion's Gate" which sounds very similar to the original concept of NEVER. The first, called "Project 1", will be held on February 25th and will feature the new young lions and possibly talent in-training from other promotions.

Edit: Somebody found Kota Ibushi...

CXyG-TOUAAEHBtG.jpg

So I've got a couple of hours to kill before I'd need to go to bed to watch (Being in UK is an advantage for once). What would be good stuff to watch for someone who's not really seen much New Japan stuff? Currently got Global Wars UK on since I recognized guys like Damo, so that + English commentary seemed like a good idea for me to get comfortable with the service.

Aiii

So not worth it
So I've got a couple of hours to kill before I'd need to go to bed to watch (Being in UK is an advantage for once). What would be good stuff to watch for someone who's not really seen much New Japan stuff? Currently got Global Wars UK on since I recognized guys like Damo, so that + English commentary seemed like a good idea for me to get comfortable with the service.

G1 Climax 23 Day 4

One of the best shows they ever had.

To lead into this, I'd probably recommend Dominion 2015 or King of Pro Wrestling 2015. Dominion is the better show, but KOPW has english commentary.

Anth0ny

listened to meltzer break down the card and he said the show might be 5 hours and 45 mins.

jesus fuck I don't know if I can sit down and watch ANYTHING for that god damn long, let alone sacrifice a night of sleep for that.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
listened to meltzer break down the card and he said the show might be 5 hours and 45 mins.

jesus fuck I don't know if I can sit down and watch ANYTHING for that god damn long, let alone sacrifice a night of sleep for that.

I've tried to get through three Wrestle Kingdom events. It's the intermission that kills me every time. I get why it'd be nice if you're watching at a reasonable hour or if you're there live, but if I make it that far it's always the stopping point for me.

I've tried to get through three Wrestle Kingdom events. It's the intermission that kills me every time. I get why it'd be nice if you're watching at a reasonable hour or if you're there live, but if I make it that far it's always the stopping point for me.

There wasn't an intermission last year and there won't be one this year.

I'm going to bed now but setting my alarm for work. I'm hoping I wake up for the last few matches but if not I'll watch after work.

korly

Quick question before I subscribe to NJW
has anyone tried NJW on a ps4,Xbox one,wii u?

I'd love to watch the show on my tv like I did last year.

Edit:

Bummer thanks for the quick reply

I'm in the Xbox One preview program and there's a "wireless display beta" app. You can use that app to project NJPW World on your Windows 10 device to your Xbox One. It's just a mirror of whatever is on your computer though so it's not as good as the Chromecast thing.

No idea if that app is available outside of Preview Program.

MG310

It's almost time...

tumblr_n6ohawPaHc1qcluu2o1_250.gif

Tanahashi, Kevin Kelly, Matt Striker and Yoshi Tatsu forming the weakest Air Band of all time in this interview.

They're so bored that they're quizzing Kelly and Striker on their move knowledge. Striker has a really good Honma impression.

I get that everyone watching already had NJPWworld but this has to be the worst possible way to promote a big show. The recycled hype videos that ROH does would be better.

I expected more life in here (though agreed nothing is really happening)

I don't expect it to be as lively as last year's since a lot of people have work today. I already took a nap so I'm good, plus I've got plenty of Monster. Plus the UK contingent (Boots) should be around.

ghostmind

I'm going to see how long I can keep going tonight - I'm out of practice since the G1.

LOL - did they cut off the preshow?

Btw, I didn't catch a lot of the interview considering my knowledge of Japanese comes exclusively from anime, but apparently Tanahashi is debuting a new costume tonight, but it may just be new gear. Still, it looks like we're getting special entrances tonight.

Not long now until the Rumble - I've got Kojima to win it, but I'll be cheering on YOSHI-HASHI anyways.

Boots my british brotha from anotha motha :) It's a party now.

Do we have an updated card with the Rumble participants?

Just the eight confirmed so far, except...

Rumor is Cheeseburger is in town with the ROH contingent, and may be competing in the Rumble. Liger is a huge fan of his.

Also, Tama Tonga revealed that he traveled with his father, King Tonga/Haku/Meng, who could also be a mystery entrant.

We don't have a total number of participants, but I'm going to guess 20.

The announcers just polled the crowd outside, split down the middle on who they are rooting for for Okada/Tanahashi

I love how they're promoting all this merch like we're there to buy it.

mrboo001

Banned
The last NJPW show I can reasonable watch live before I start my new job this week. This event is going to be special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom