• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGS

Banned
Amazing episode. As perfect as last week's. Felt like the finale. Thank God it's not.

Every actor was on their "A" game.

Jaime had a welcome return.

ShaneB

What a terrific episode, that ending is clearly not the Stark kids, but still a crazy effective ending to see the look on Theon's face.

Everything with Tywin and Arya is absolute gold. Great interaction between them and I'm excited to see how that plays out.

All of the character interactions were really great this episode, but I'm find I am not caring much at all about the Khaleesi/dragon plot, just feels out of place compared to the rest of the show, which I guess makes sense given it is sort of on another side of the world.

JGS

Banned
It went from credits to HBO Go to the HBO show montage for me. I must know what I missed!
Me too (I was watching the second showing though).

It may be for the best. just about everyone in this episode was about to be killed, captured, or outed as the missing Stark girl.
Damn. Left every major storyline on a cliff hanger. Nicely done.
Fortunately it looks like that great mystery of whose Goffrey's daddy is has been settled.

NateDrake

It may be for the best. just about everyone in this episode was about to be killed, captured, or outed as the missing Stark girl.Fortunately it looks like that great mystery of whose Goffrey's daddy is has been settled.

I also watched the second showing. I thought it was the Season finale at first & thought to myself "Wait......they show stuff in the montage for this season I have yet to see......"

It may be for the best. just about everyone in this episode was about to be killed, captured, or outed as the missing Stark girl.Fortunately it looks like that great mystery of whose Goffrey's daddy is has been settled.

That wasn't a mystery, its been out there for a long time

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Does Cornballer usually post a link to the preview of the next episode in here? I know discussion about it is allowed when under spoiler tags since that's what the rules says in the OP but I can't remember if he ever posts a link to it or not. If it's allowed then I'll link to it.

Speevy

Banned
That was a pretty crazy episode. My favorite scene was the whole Qarth deal just because of how bizarre it was. I didn't know what would happen.

This show needs to stop killing children. It's not fun to watch.

Not sure but I think book 3 will be season 3 & 4 as its a longer book then 1 & 2. I think they will keep the 10 per season format.

They will. The showrunners said they are adapting storylines not the books. Things will move forward or back regardless of place in the books as they need to fit into 10 episodes which wont change. Production would take too long, the turn around was less than a year for this season, and the budget would increase with more episodes which doesn't help HBO who dont sell commercials.

FStop7

Banned
I'm glad the "previously on Game of Thrones" montage took a moment to remind us who the richest man in Qarth is. I had almost forgotten.

Partial Nudity: Yay
Male Buttocks: Nay

This was the relationships episode. Everyone's but Melisandre's and Stannis' were tackled tonight. Overall a good episode from a dramatic standpoint.

I'm not sure what Jamie is trying to do. Inciting a riot in Cat's camp serves what purpose?

From the sound of things creepy guy and XXD want those dragons to grow up as quickly as us fans.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Man, they keep ratcheting up the tension this season with each episode. Another great one. I mentioned the same thing to my girlfriend that someone else said, pretty much every storyline ended up in a cliffhanger, really well done. Can't wait for next week.

What is the deal with the creepy guy? Does he have a legion of clones or is he magical or what?

Clearly some sort of magic since after Jorah stabbed one of the clones it disappeared and just left the clothes.

Jonm1010

Banned
I literally couldn't breathe when they pulled those bodies up.

Any other show I would have immediately assumed it wasnt them but even though after quick reflection its gotta be the orphans, I still pause because of how willing this series is too kill characters.

I know someone I like will probably end up biting it soon and it's driving me nuts trying to think of who it might be.

Sajjaja

Maybe I missed something, but do we know how Jorah betrayed Daenaerys (is that how you spell it) yet? Also, who was the masked woman Jorah was talking to?

What the hell happened to Melisandre and Stannis... they all disappeared.

And Jamie, that asshole is such a bastard that you can't help but love seeing him do his thing.

Cyan

Banned
Maybe I missed something, but do we know how Jorah betrayed Daenaerys (is that how you spell it) yet? Also, who was the masked woman Jorah was talking to?
Yeah, back in the first season he was spying on her for... Varys? Or Littlefinger? Then he saved her from the poisoner, and from then on he was on her side. I think.

We don't really know anything about the masked woman. Except she talked to Dany too, and told her Jorah was in love with her. And she sounds kind of like Melisandre.

Sajjaja

Yeah, back in the first season he was spying on her for... Varys? Or Littlefinger? Then he saved her from the poisoner, and from then on he was on her side. I think.

We don't really know anything about the masked woman. Except she talked to Dany too, and told her Jorah was in love with her. And she sounds kind of like Melisandre.

Ah, so much shit happens, I can't remember what happens 2 episodes ago....

Can't be her either, different eyes..... then again.... she had a vagina smoke monster so.... I guess anything is possible.

Cipherr

Amazing episode. Arya really steals this show in every scene her and the Lannister are in together. Its crazy. The genuine worry about the boy king was awesome too. Even his mother admits he is out of control.

And all the sex related dialog from the wildling chick had me dying. I hope I didn't miss any important dialog, I was seriously rofl.

Hellcrow

What the hell happened to Melisandre and Stannis... they all disappeared.

And Jamie, that asshole is such a bastard that you can't help but love seeing him do his thing.

In season one, Jorah kept Varys updated on Danys journey.

Cyan

Banned
She never talked to Dany, it was Xaro that told Dany Jorah was in love with her.

Shit, really? I thought she talked to Dany at that party thing a few episodes ago, where she met the warlock. Am I just imagining things?

Ah, so much shit happens, I can't remember what happens 2 episodes ago....

Can't be her either, different eyes..... then again.... she had a vagina smoke monster so.... I guess anything is possible.

Yeah, I was more thinking she might be from the same place.

sangreal

not sure if this is a spoiler, it's from the hbo go info re: masked woman

we were supposed to realize the similarity to Melisandre. It was part of the costume design. They practically share the same jewelry with those hexagon links

I don't really consider it a spoiler since it is just info we were supposed to figure out already (and some people did obviously -- I missed the connection myself) and not future events

demolitio

not sure if this is a spoiler, it's from the hbo go info re: masked woman

we were supposed to realize the similarity to Melisandre. It was part of the costume design. They practically share the same jewelry with those hexagon links

Thanks for that info as I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

Man, Quarth (sp?) isn't the magnificent city that we were lead to believe now is it? :p

G17

Best episode of the season so far purely on the scale of the amount of questions I await to be answered next episode.

My thoughts on the ending of this episode..
I really hope it's not Bran and Ricon. I mean not that I don't care about the orphan kids but just as a tv show it was great seeing Bran's acting.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
My heart actually skipped a beat when the bodies were shown. Not many shows have made me do that.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Thanks for that info as I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

Man, Quarth (sp?) isn't the magnificent city that we were lead to believe now is it? :p
ibyne7Or1jBmJY.gif

Thanks Plywood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom