• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozak

Banned
I didn't cry but it was very warming seeing Khal Drogo again. Season 1 scenes with Dany and Drogo were awesome.

Also... I get the huge feeling Cersei is going to have her hands full with Margaery. She's gonna wish Joff kept Sansa.

And while I didn't care about Dany and Drago... I got something in my eye for Tyrion's scene. That look on his face... his breakdown... fuck me if the whole crew didn't need a tissue after that.

Whitewalkers / Zombie things are allergic to fire or something, and Deneris has her fire-breathing Dragons. Seems pretty obvious they're going to have a big clash in a later season when the Dragons get big enough.

Jonm1010

Banned
Actually the one part I was getting weepy-eyed at was Tyrion being held and crying :(

Yeah that part almost got me. Tyrion really can't catch a break. Lose his title, no credit for his bravery and battle planning and now he has a giant scar on his face. To see Shae seemingly embrace him after seeing him at such a low point in his life made me feel at least he has one thing in life to be grateful for and was rather touching.

.... I also still have some sympathy for Theon. Maybe not so much sympathy but he really had a very shitty life and i assume his end will be at the hand of Robb's. The actor playing him really did a fantastic job and I hope HBO submitted him for a supporting actor Emmy.

Zeliard

Yeah that part almost got me. Tyrion really can't catch a break. Lose his title, no credit for his bravery and battle planning and now he has a giant scar on his face. To see Shae seemingly embrace him after seeing him at such a low point in his life made me feel at least he has one thing in life to be grateful for and was rather touching.

.... I also still have some sympathy for Theon. Maybe not so much sympathy but he really had a very shitty life and i assume his end will be at the hand of Robb's. The actor playing him really did a fantastic job and I hope HBO submitted him for a supporting actor Emmy.

His speech was fantastically sold. And Theon getting bonked on the head during such a rousing speech was fairly hilarious. Great scene.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Awesome episode! So many cool moments and the scene with Tyrion and Shae was really sweet and touching.

Jon's story also took an interesting turn. And I said holy hell at the army of White Walkers heading towards the wall! The leader on his dead horse looked great.

Christ, it's going to be a loonngg wait till next season...

It wasn't an army of White Walkers, the White Walkers were the ones on the horses leading an army of undead, wights as the show calls them.

Jonm1010

Banned
Him interesting. I figured all the dead people were white walkers.

So what happens when Mance Rayder rides to the wall and finds white walkers already there?

Do they just fight each other and cancel one another out? Or I guess maybe Mance Rayder has something to do with them?

So what happens when Mance Rayder rides to the wall and finds white walkers already there?

Do they just fight each other and cancel one another out? Or I guess maybe Mance Rayder has something to do with them?
I don't think so only because the Wildlings burn corpses to keep the dead from rising.

They were headed to the Fist of the First Men, not the Wall. They are a long way from the Wall

Khalessi is cold-blooded.

Hell yeah! Get in the vault bitch, you aren't coming out for a looong time.
I really wasn't expecting this episode to be great, maybe just a wind down of the season. So happy to see the crypt keeper light up like a match. Such a long wait for next season too :/
I was expecting one scene between Tywin and Tryion though.

Mothman91

Ok...that was damn awesome. Can't wait for the next season...which is when???

But until then, I might pick up the books. I know someone in here atleast knows what book I can start reading from? I don't want to go into the other thread asking, stumbling myself upon a spoiler, would suck major. Can anyone point me to the right direction?

Loved the Khal Drogo scene. The vault scene was cold but so well deserved. As for Theon, the burning of Winterfell just brings up so many questions. Where are the solders that were trying to take it? I'm going to assume Theon's men set it ablaze as a distraction and are dragging him back to his father. Although it would just be easier to hand him over. Shame he had the best speech this season to only go out like that.

Cyan

Banned
Yeah that part almost got me. Tyrion really can't catch a break. Lose his title, no credit for his bravery and battle planning and now he has a giant scar on his face.

And the fucking ice burn from Pycelle. "For your services." *tosses coin*

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Yeah, I honestly didn't get the Winterfell situation at all. All of a sudden all the people were dead and it was burning and no sign of the people who were sieging it.

I have no knowledge other than what is in the show but the White Walkers looked quite different to me from the undead people and horses. Then in the pull back you saw other White Walkers herding the undead humans.

Jonm1010

Banned
So here my next question.

So Tywin I guess is essentially abandoning fighting Robb in the field correct? I mean if he is staying in kings landing and remaining hand of the king then I assume his new strategy is to rally around kings landing and hope to hold off the onslaughts that will be coming from Robb and Stannis?

Cyan

Banned
Yeah, I honestly didn't get the Winterfell situation at all. All of a sudden all the people were dead and it was burning and no sign of the people who were sieging it.

Supplies! There was a secret white walker army there all along!

Man, I'll be annoyed if it's some kind of diabolus ex machina.

So Tywin I guess is essentially abandoning fighting Robb in the field correct? I mean if he is staying in kings landing and remaining hand of the king then I assume his new strategy is to rally around kings landing and hope to hold off the onslaughts that will be coming from Robb and Stannis?

Stannis is running on empty. He had his shot at taking King's Landing by sheer numbers, and he blew it (or, Tyrion did :) ). For Robb, I imagine the new alliance with the Tyrells will be important. They're one of the major houses, right?

I was thinking he might want to get back out to defend Casterly Rock. That's what he was worried about when he left whatever that ruined castle was.

Zyzyxxz

And the fucking ice burn from Pycelle. "For your services." *tosses coin*

Fuck Pycelle, hope he dies a painful death later on!
LLShC.gif

He has the Tyrells on his side now, the two biggest richest families combined. His forces will be big enough out on the field either way

Jonm1010

Banned
I(think) remember Stannis saying the Tyrells have good numbers but aren't the most battle tested people.

It would seem to me that Tywin would still wish to lead the forces and that yeah, he would want to make sure casterly rock doesn't get sieged.

Ok...that was damn awesome. Can't wait for the next season...which is when???

But until then, I might pick up the books. I know someone in here atleast knows what book I can start reading from? I don't want to go into the other thread asking, stumbling myself upon a spoiler, would suck major. Can anyone point me to the right direction?

I'd recommend starting from the beginning with Game of Thrones. You get a LOT of extra insight and backstory that the books build on that the show doesn't touch. Especially with how the book tends to introduce characters early on, only for them to become more major players later on and you might miss some of that if you skipped A Game of Thrones.

You could probably get away with skipping A Game of Thrones, since season 1 follows pretty closely for the most part. But you would definitely need to start with A Clash of Kings otherwise. The show left out some major things/characters and changed other things around enough that if you jumped into A Storm of Swords (book 3), you would likely be totally lost with many of the plotlines and changes compared to the show.

I(think) remember Stannis saying the Tyrells have good numbers but aren't the most battle tested people.

It would seem to me that Tywin would still wish to lead the forces and that yeah, he would want to make sure casterly rock doesn't get sieged.

Not sure why he'd say that, the Tyrell's have probably the biggest, strongest army and a Navy fleet to boot

Who was blowing the horn three times? They heard it at the Fist of the First Men when they were all still together, so I guess it's people back at the Wall?

Mothman91

I'd recommend starting from the beginning with Game of Thrones. You get a LOT of extra insight and backstory that the books build on that the show doesn't touch. Especially with how the book tends to introduce characters early on, only for them to become more major players later on and you might miss some of that if you skipped A Game of Thrones.

You could probably get away with skipping A Game of Thrones, since season 1 follows pretty closely for the most part. But you would definitely need to start with A Clash of Kings otherwise. The show left out some major things/characters and changed other things around enough that if you jumped into A Storm of Swords (book 3), you would likely be totally lost with many of the plotlines and changes compared to the show.

Heh, thanks. I should've known that jumping into where the season left off, I would be really, really confused. I think I'll try and jump into the second book, and if that doesn't work, I'll start from the beginning.

=/ thanks though.

Well, they should be glad the Wall is as high as it is, because otherwise it's going to be a problem of the rest of Westeros.

And if somehow those WWs get past the Wall, Dany's dragons will be the only thing that can save Westeros.

Kozak

Banned
why wasn't Tarly killed by the white walkers? what happened to Winterfell and who dragged Luwin to godswood?

Actually..

Heres my take..

White walkers only kill those they believe will be valuable to their army. Thats why that guy in the first episode of season 1 got away, he was as useless a fighter as Tarly is.

Doubt it though..

Emwitus

Oh wow. What just happened? So many things in this episode flew right over my head? Like what happened to the 500 men outside winterfell? Weren't they about to attack? How did theon's men get out and only the old man new the secret tunnels? Who were all those dead people in the end? I thought those were the wildlings? I really loved it but i'm still a confused non book reader lol

Actually..

Heres my take..

White walkers only kill those they believe will be valuable to their army. Thats why that guy in the first episode of season 1 got away, he was as useless a fighter as Tarly is.

Doubt it though..
They turned that little Wildling girl.

Because Robb sent them there in a previous episode. They are being lead by the bastard son of one of Robb's bannermen.
I thought about that. I don't think the Ironborn men (only 20 of them) would burn every thing on the way out. It looked like they were just leaving. If true, that would mean the guys outside the wall burned everything. So I'm either totally wrong or some bad shit is about to go down.

McNei1y

Im still confused about sansa's situation. Hound gave her an awesome offer and then she's in the throne room next ep. Now Baelish gives the same offer? The fuck?

That sigh of relief smile was refreshing though.

golem

I have a feeling its just going to turn into one of those scenes where they don't explain how he escapes. Just like the guy in season one

I figured they let the first guy survive to go spread fear through the southern kingdoms. Not that it seems to have worked however.

Klocker

haha I knew that vault was empty. :)

great episode.. dragons baby! and the white walkers freaking me out... come on season 3

saunderez

I thought about that. I don't think the Ironborn men (only 20 of them) would burn every thing on the way out. It looked like they were just leaving. If true, that would mean the guys outside the wall burned everything. So I'm either totally wrong or some bad shit is about to go down.

I think we're overlooking one thing. Robb's bannermen are PISSED that Catelyn let Jamie Lannister "escape". This could be revenge for not letting them get their revenge. They could just say the Ironborn razed the castle and fled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom