• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man’s Sky |OT| Next!

They definitely changed up the graphics engine. I like how the worlds are visually consistent now, from space to ground level. They've added atmospherics too. I will be getting back into this.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Is the patch live in UK yet? (not at home)

Nope. I thought if I slept it would be out ... but NO!

Too many people are playing this in Creative. You just get everything for free and there's no danger. It breaks all the gaming loops.

The second album I ever bought:

Hbl7qcOSnXRJ5i4tp3YjDMrrKswbDcwZMISC_csTQI8.png

Last edited:

Banned
Nope. I thought if I slept it would be out ... but NO!

Too many people are playing this in Creative. You just get everything for free and there's no danger. It breaks all the gaming loops.

Yeah, but some of us don't want to spend time grinding the gaming loops. When I get home from work and I have an hour or so to chill out, I just want to explore without having to worry about constructing Warp Cells or Plutonium or whatever. I do have a game save from Normal Mode from back when the game released and I jump into that every now and then. I'm sure I'll create new games in Normal and Creative Modes. I'm curious about how they've changed the crafting mechanic in this latest update.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Yeah, but some of us don't want to spend time grinding the gaming loops. When I get home from work and I have an hour or so to chill out, I just want to explore without having to worry about constructing Warp Cells or Plutonium or whatever. I do have a game save from Normal Mode from back when the game released and I jump into that every now and then. I'm sure I'll create new games in Normal and Creative Modes. I'm curious about how they've changed the crafting mechanic in this latest update.

Play Normal then but start afresh. So much has changed.

Banned
Does anyone know if they've implemented a map yet, or at least some sort of waypoint system?

Also, does playing in first person still feel....short?

Nattan

I guess the 10€ I spent on it are finally worth it. Well, the game could have been fine before, but me and my friend were really hoping and looking forward to co-op.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Oh GREAT! The much awaited feature is ... *drum roll* EXCLUSIVE to the XB1. Well done Sean. You can interact with Mixer and make the game more difficult for the player. Things like calling sentinels, breaking tech, changing the whether ALL exclusive to the XB1 and ONLY on Mixer.

We're losing this game, folks. Hello Games are forgetting who kept their game alive for these last two years.

Catphish

Oh GREAT! The much awaited feature is ... *drum roll* EXCLUSIVE to the XB1. Well done Sean. You can interact with Mixer and make the game more difficult for the player. Things like calling sentinels, breaking tech, changing the whether ALL exclusive to the XB1 and ONLY on Mixer.

We're losing this game, folks. Hello Games are forgetting who kept their game alive for these last two years.
wat

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

A lot of games are doing this with Mixer now, I don't see what the problem is. From my experience, it's not an often used game mode anyway. Mixer is owned by MS and is trying to compete with the far more successful Twitch. Makes sense to be making these kinds of deals.

I will be playing it on Xbox, but doubt I will ever touch that feature.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Does it??? I don't see it.

NMS is about survival and exploration. This update was already leaning well away from the heart of the game but now we have a feature that allows people to 'grief' players on Mixer. Just the idea of that changes the philosophy of the game. It amazes me that people don't see the long term implications. I was saying WELL over a year ago on Reddit (much read by Hello games) that they're talking about multiplayer too much. It started burying the requests from the long terms fans that just wanted exploration and survival tightening or expanded upon. And here we are. Yes, Sean listens. That's why we've got to remember what his vision was and keep reminding him, otherwise we'll lose this game for good.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
NMS is about survival and exploration. This update was already leaning well away from the heart of the game but now we have a feature that allows people to 'grief' players on Mixer. Just the idea of that changes the philosophy of the game. It amazes me that people don't see the long term implications. I was saying WELL over a year ago on Reddit (much read by Hello games) that they're talking about multiplayer too much. It started burying the requests from the long terms fans that just wanted exploration and survival tightening or expanded upon. And here we are. Yes, Sean listens. That's why we've got to remember what his vision was and keep reminding him, otherwise we'll lose this game for good.
I don't think you really understand how this works. It's completely optional and not a big deal in any sense.

Banned
Jeez, GG. Just let people play the freakin' game the way they want to. You worry about you.

Terce

Oh, it'll take a year or so before you realise what I'm saying. We'll talk then. :)
So do you own Mixer or something? I really doubt that forcing integration into NMS is going to make this the Twitch-killer. That and I doubt there will be a massive community following for NMS in a years time, though we'll see how these weekly updates are

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Unless they changed how the difficulty works, normal is the best choice.

I do like the challenge but at the same time I'm keen on exploring and experiencing what NEXT has to offer. I'll probably stream it when I play Survival and just chill with Normal. Creative is great for photo mode so that'll be used only for that. Permadeath WILL be played, but not for a long time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to trying this out haven’t played since I finished the main path (with help from mods) at launch on PC.

I have it on GoG and they tend to lag behind on updates though so it may be a day or two.

downloading too NA PS4 ~

good timing haha just late enough I got to spend a couple hours checking out the new GTA5 nightclubs

was so hyped for those for the last 3-4 weeks but now I feel like distracted bf meme with NMS Next walking by

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
"Tessellation will be rolling out in parity to all platforms that can support it very soon."

Would that include base PS4?

Nattan

Damn, with the framerate unlocked my Pro is the loudest it has ever been before in any game! Fans must be at max and it's very distracting. It quiets down with locked framerate.

Last edited:

taizuke

Damn, with the framerate unlocked my Pro is the loudest it has ever been before in any game! Fans must be at max and it's very distracting. It quiets down with locked framerate.

Same here. But, i noticed it does that launching the game regardless of the framerate locked or not. I used to play with the framerate unlocked but after a couple days i decided to have it locked (been playing for weeks since) and i still hear the fans kick in a bit loud every time i launch the game. It cools down by itself after a couple minutes.

Maybe It's just my Pro though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I just saw this is on sale on PSN for $26.99 ($29.99 if you don't have Plus) so I decided to grab it there. I always regretted buying it on GoG back at launch (it was just cheaper there digitally at the time) as I don't really use that platform much, would rather play on PS4 and get trophies. I want to start fresh, so good time to jump platforms. Plus the update isn't on GoG yet and no communication on when to expect it.

I've not played any of the updates at all, so that's a lot of content for me to potentially dig into. I'll definitely play on normal and hop through the Atlas story path first.

Given all those updates and the planned weekly content I'm fine through HG some more money for the game. I had a good enough time with the launch version as is.

Last edited by a moderator:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'm not impressed I'm afraid. The clouds are a mess on the PS4, the scanner problem is back and I'm yet to be able to scan a bird. I had butterflies in front of me but could not scan them because they constantly move out of the scanners view. For some reason they've reintroduced the problem of being told constantly your hazard protection is low. Why? The surf shimmers constantly, as does light bouncing off the surface and the sky at night is like looking at a bad torrent download. I grabbed a pic of the sky but needed to turn it off because in it's current state I CANNOT bare to look at it at night. This is what it looks like ALL the time at night:

43568941492_665cdb0fb6_b.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom