• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

Forgive me if this is been posted, but I found a vortex cube planet..
On the ground, sentianls don't care. And I can stack the cubes upto 100 if I make ship tech and then dismantle it. So yeah.

I'm gonna be here for a while. Each stack of 100 is valued at 2,475,000

Aenima

Is it possible to buy a 48 slot ship? I have one 48 slot ship already that i got from repaired ships, but all ships i find now from the npc they all have around 45 slots.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
When did the patch release? My PS4's been in rest mode all day and still hasn't downloaded anything :-(

Also, has it improved the game's performance? I see a few of you aren't impressed.

Protome

The patch seems to make Sentinels slightly more of a threat. They don't suddenly deactivate when you sit in your ship anymore at least.

molnizzle

So any black hole you go through takes you closer to the center?

Yeah. It warps you a random distance towards the center, but never away from it. It'll usually break something on your ship though. But it's worth it, trying to get to the center manually is unbearable even with maxed out hyperdrive.

The patch seems to make Sentinels slightly more of a threat. They don't suddenly deactivate when you sit in your ship anymore at least.

Planets have different aggression levels for sentinels.

senahorse

Found a planet with pearl pods and deep cave systems, makes collecting them very easy, the best part is the local space station has +104% on pearls :D

Found a planet with pearl pods and deep cave systems, makes collecting them very easy, the best part is the local space station has +104% on pearls :D

Found a similar system but with Vortex Cubes, you can get rich pretty quick selling that stuff. Made like 10+ mil in an evening, enough to put me over the top to buy a 35-slot ship.

http://www.vice.com/read/inside-the-nasty-no-mans-sky-backlash

The guy that made the evidence list against no mans sky on Reddit was interviewed , and says why he felt he had to delete the post.

. "[I got] dozens of messages from people who congratulated me for really sticking it to these 'dirtbag' devs, when that wasn't my intention at all," he said. "People were taking the post and using it to fuel their own indignant anger. The final straw was when a YouTuber sent me a link to a video he'd made with the information in my post, and it was like 'Sean Murray Lies For X Minutes' or something... People were crediting me in their take-downs, and I stopped wanting any part in it."

Furio53

What's the trick to space battles? I tried and failed miserably to fight off 3 ships that pulled me out of warp from a planet to the space station. I don't even think I did any damage. Since then, I've switched to using a DS4 for flight, hoping that would make it easier and got smoked again just a few w minutes ago :( any tips?

Also, it always say my photon cannon is at 0%, yet I can shoot, and am unable to "recharge it with oxides" as it keeps begging me to. Am I missing something?

Personally, I've found the best method to boost fast, then flip it and go in reverse while facing them. Then just blast and eliminate.

So is the Gex transmission tower exploit fixed for sure? I managed to pause my update as soon as I got home, unsure if I want it to continue if so.

Ferr986

Yellow flowers

Zinc is always in a flower form, scan and look for the yellow icons

Thanks. Can't find any in the immediate vicinity of my crashed ship on the 1st planet and I have to go walking and exploring. Doesn't help that my environment is somewhat hostile, decreasing my life support systems every 5 minutes or so. Ughh. Want to get out there and travel the planet already!

Ferr986

Thanks. Can't find any in the immediate vicinity of my crashed ship on the 1st planet and I have to go walking and exploring. Doesn't help that my environment is somewhat hostile, decreasing my life support systems every 5 minutes or so. Ughh. Want to get out there and travel the planet already!

Remember you can get cover in caves to replenish your life support while you're exploring.

They assumed it was death threats from the "defense force" but there was never any evidence to support that. Ironic and unsurprising that Reddit was wrong again!

I find it incredibly wrong that people assume "death threads" that easily.

OuterLimits

I think it's an Easter Egg - named after Sean Murray.

Would be funny if it is. Hadn't seen a purple icon labeled precious element, very rare before this. Why I was curious. Found a huge amount on one area of planet, but now I'm running into just barren again. Will explore planet more.

Murrine is certainly valuable though.

Unicorn

So I first get into the galaxy map and just free camera my way straight for about 10 mins and didn't even make it 10% to the galaxy center. Wtf. I chose a random Star and set a way point and now it's slowly taking me back home to my current position. I can't quit out of the Galaxy view and I'm just waiting. But seriously what the fuck at this size. I thought spore was big. I thought Elite was big. I thought my GAF sized dong was big. I was wrong.

TheMan

Has anyone noticed gameplay changes with the patch?

Should I be holding on to these damn atlas stones or selling them? This inventory shit is obnoxious.

Ferr986

I'm having trouble with space battles also.

I think I've shot down like 2 Pirates in over 20 hours of play.

Upgrade your shields. It does a world of difference in surviving attacks.

Also, the laser doesn't really need to be aimed so use that against ships (change with triangle).

Some of the biggest creatures I found, on an incredibly ugly green planet:

7BXvcuu.jpg

HwrrQsc.jpg

Sijil

Is there an easy/easier way to completly scan fauna on planets? I'm down to my last species andI've wasted 3 hours to no avail.

I swear to God this is the last time I scan fauna, this game needs a hoverbike with an animal tracker/scanner attached.

mokeyjoe

So I first get into the galaxy map and just free camera my way straight for about 10 mins and didn't even make it 10% to the galaxy center. Wtf. I chose a random Star and set a way point and now it's slowly taking me back home to my current position. I can't quit out of the Galaxy view and I'm just waiting. But seriously what the fuck at this size. I thought spore was big. I thought Elite was big. I thought my GAF sized dong was big. I was wrong.

Oh yeah, it's unimaginably vast, and that's just one galaxy. Shame you can't quit out though.

I am curious if the patch fixes the issue where getting out of your ship on a planet surface can release you inside a vertical terrain feature and you fall through the bottom of the world and have to reload. That shit keeps happening to me.

I'm at a comm tower right now. Going to sacrifice my save, update, and confirm once and for all if the Gek trick still works.

Edit: Gek transmission trick still works!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Partway through Atlas path, spoiling just in case.

Does anyone know if the successful Monolith interactions are what light up the pieces of the floor in the Atlas Interfaces? That's my educated guess right now. It pleases me to score a whole ton of word translations in the Interfaces. Last one I did I got 12 new words just running over the lit floor spots.

Dubz

Whenever I try and buy a new ship my photon cannons are stuck at 0%. Bug? Fix?

I end up closing the game and starting from a previous save.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Whenever I try and buy a new ship my photon cannons are stuck at 0%. Bug? Fix?

I end up closing the game and starting from a previous save.
It seems like a bug/oversight, but it works to your benefit. My photon cannons simply never require oxide recharging.

TwiztidElf

I'm in no way a hater. I've spent a lot of time with this game, and enjoying it. It is very relaxing.

But one thing that is really pissing me off is the bugs with the Warp Reactors. One of the "rough around the edge's" aspects of this game.

Try to pick up 'Warp Reactor Tau' blueprint. "You already have that blueprint." No I don't!
Eventually it dropped off a crashed ship area and went into my list of blueprints, but still, it was frustrating and I thought I was subject to a game breaking bug.

Then now, "You can't fly to this system, you need Warp Rector Theta". Err, I have that one installed on my ship. Sigh. Very frustrating. I hope the patch has fixed this.

I'm in no way a hater. I've spent a lot of time with this game, and enjoying it. It is very relaxing.

But one thing that is really pissing me off is the bugs with the Warp Reactors. One of the "rough around the edge's" aspects of this game.

Try to pick up 'Warp Reactor Tau' blueprint. "You already have that blueprint." No I don't!
Eventually it dropped off a crashed ship area and went into my list of blueprints, but still, it was frustrating and I thought I was subject to a game breaking bug.

Then now, "You can't fly to this system, you need Warp Rector Theta". Err, I have that one installed on my ship. Sigh. Very frustrating. I hope the patch has fixed this.
That text is pretty misleading. You need all three warp reactor upgrades installed to get to those systems. Not sure if they have to be built next to each other for the bonus, but I'm sure it won't hurt.

Is this trick just using bypass chips multiple times on a single relay thing?

You've kind of got it. You can use a Gek Transmission Tower multiple times to find crashed ships. You can only use other races' towers once. People speculated earlier today that it had been patched. It hasn't.

It seems like a bug/oversight, but it works to your benefit. My photon cannons simply never require oxide recharging.

And thank god that they don't. Can you imagine? It'd be like Luke Skywalker having to throw coal in his X-Wing to get his lasers to fire. But IMO all combat mechanics should be self-charging, both in space and on ground. I also think they should take the charging requirement away from the hazard-specific shield upgrades and make them a depleting meter like when underwater. This game is recharge-crazy right now and it detracts from other mechanics.

And thank god that they don't. Can you imagine? It'd be like Luke Skywalker having to throw coal in his X-Wing to get his lasers to fire. But IMO all combat mechanics should be self-charging, both in space and on ground. I also think they should take the charging requirement away from the hazard-specific shield upgrades and make them a depleting meter like when underwater. This game is recharge-crazy right now and it detracts from other mechanics.

This.

Top Bottom