• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

muteki

Doing the Gek transmission tower thing and getting major diminishing returns. 9/10 sites are either ships I've visited already before and are -1, or sites with no ships. Think I should move on. Hopefully the other planets here are Gek too.

Still though I'm up like 5 slots and ships at this level were 5mil more last time I went shopping.

Oppo

I hope they fix the planetary storms in ship. they vanish when you start to fly. resume when you exit. it looks dumb.

Actually, when going to the center of a galaxy
you're being thrown out of Euclid, the first galaxy, to a random planet in Hilbert, the next galaxy. Everyone goes through a linear set of galaxies as they reach the center, IIRC.

However, yeah, one of the current downsides with the game is the lack of significant events except for the Atlas questline and its bit of plot.
what if the goal is to reach the center of the universes by reaching the center of all the galaxies?

what if the goal is to reach the center of the universes by reaching the center of all the galaxies?
If that's the case, I think I'll just wait for someone to put that ending in youtube.

I really enjoyed my time with the game, but I don't have it on me to warp that far again... Not unless I can stack a few dozen more warp engine upgrades for distance!

Just arrived at an Atlas Station and the nearby planet has a grave in orbit that's not mine (since it's my first time arriving in this system). Anyone had a similar situation? Guessing either it's a bug or the game occasionally seeds random graves to spice things up a bit. Doesn't seem to be another player's grave, since the planets are undiscovered.

Durden77

PLEASE tell me I'm an idiot and there's a way to see what you can craft/install when your inventory is full. Cause having to dismantle something just to see what I have is so stupid.

Doing the Gek transmission tower thing and getting major diminishing returns. 9/10 sites are either ships I've visited already before and are -1, or sites with no ships. Think I should move on. Hopefully the other planets here are Gek too.

Still though I'm up like 5 slots and ships at this level were 5mil more last time I went shopping.

Before the patches you were able to farm the same transmission tower and just keep solving the same terminal for a bunch of ship distress signals. Some people used that glitch to get to a 48-slot ship in no time. Wish I knew about it then.

molnizzle

If that's the case, I think I'll just wait for someone to put that ending in youtube.

I really enjoyed my time with the game, but I don't have it on me to warp that far again... Not unless I can stack a few dozen more warp engine upgrades for distance!

(center of galaxy spoilers)
Pretty much where I'm at. Was a (mostly) fun journey but I'm not about to do it again unless there's some sort of payoff. Was kinda bummed with how the center played out even though I knew it was coming. I at least expected some text to read or something. Not just... another galaxy and oh, all my shit is broken again. lol

E92 M3

Couple things:

- Never found a planet with grass
- Never found a planet that has a lot of flatland or plains

I'm hyped for grass lol

mokeyjoe

Couple things:

I'm hyped for grass lol

So far I've seen green, yellow, red, purple, and blue grass, and a red-green combo.

Just found a planet with knee high trees and tiny little dinosaurs :)

Just arrived at an Atlas Station and the nearby planet has a grave in orbit that's not mine (since it's my first time arriving in this system). Anyone had a similar situation? Guessing either it's a bug or the game occasionally seeds random graves to spice things up a bit. Doesn't seem to be another player's grave, since the planets are undiscovered.

Planet could be undiscovered but the system could.

melkier33

Couple things:

I'm hyped for grass lol

Wait till you get grass with animals smaller then the grass height, also make them the same color as the grass. Add in huge mountains, flying creatures that slide down forever when you kill them and extreme sentinels that don't even give you time to play where's Waldo with the corpse, lose track of corpse kill another/repeat.

Swear this is the worst planet ever...

Before the patches you were able to farm the same transmission tower and just keep solving the same terminal for a bunch of ship distress signals. Some people used that glitch to get to a 48-slot ship in no time. Wish I knew about it then.

Wait, they fixed the Gek glitch? If so, damn, that's unfortunate.

E92 M3

So far I've seen green, yellow, red, purple, and blue grass, and a red-green combo.

Just found a planet with knee high trees and tiny little dinosaurs :)

You've been lucky lol.

Wait till you get grass with animals smaller then the grass height, also make them the same color as the grass. Add in huge mountains, flying creatures that slide down forever when you kill them and extreme sentinels that don't even give you time to play where's Waldo with the corpse, lose track of corpse kill another/repeat.

Swear this is the worst planet ever...

Those binoculars are a life-saver ;)

AHK_Hero

I used this today to get my 48 slot. Took a lot of grinding, but the ridiculous prices of any ship with 40 slots or above make this almost mandatory.

Still works I believe.

SenkiDala

I really love the game, it's what I was expecting, but since the last update on PS4, I have CE-34878-0 Error Codes very often... Like once every 5 to 30 minutes... As you can imagine it's very annoying and because of that I had to drop the game for now. :/

I didn't follow the OT that much so I dunno if it happened to many people? I saw on internet that it can be coming from the console and not the game so I have to "reset" the console (and by doing so deleting all the content on it...) but I'd rather avoid doing that... I've 700+Go of content on it I can't imagine redownloading all that again...
And also I don't know if it would work, I played a lot Dragon Age Inquisition and other games since 2/3 days and had zero crash, so...

Hello Games said something about that? They'll fix it soon?

Planet could be undiscovered but the system could.

Very true.

I collected the grave and got a bunch of Plutonium and Platinum I think. I just realized another possible explanation though, I had a couple of stacked items (with the "exploit") in my ship's inventory and I was killed in space by some pirates. I collected my grave, but those items weren't stacked anymore so I got the message that I don't have enough room (so it seems I straight up lost some of the cargo). Sadly, I don't remember all of the stuff I had in there, but the game might've spawned a new grave in the next system I visited to compensate for the lost items in some way.

xam3l

Some sort of data mining could reveal a namelist of how many galaxies ther is in the game. Judging by the Angry Joe's review, someone count at least 11.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
(center of galaxy spoilers)
Pretty much where I'm at. Was a (mostly) fun journey but I'm not about to do it again unless there's some sort of payoff. Was kinda bummed with how the center played out even though I knew it was coming. I at least expected some text to read or something. Not just... another galaxy and oh, all my shit is broken again. lol
Tangential question:
Can you do the Atlas path again in the next galaxy? I'm curious if you'd get to see the translated versions of the Atlas dialogue if you've learned enough words via monoliths.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
After running into some beautiful planets with lots of flora, all I'm getting now are dystopic water planets and arid radioactive ones. Definitely yearning for more earth like planets now.

mokeyjoe

I really love the game, it's what I was expecting, but since the last update on PS4, I have CE-34878-0 Error Codes very often... Like once every 5 to 30 minutes... As you can imagine it's very annoying and because of that I had to drop the game for now. :/

I didn't follow the OT that much so I dunno if it happened to many people? I saw on internet that it can be coming from the console and not the game so I have to "reset" the console (and by doing so deleting all the content on it...) but I'd rather avoid doing that... I've 700+Go of content on it I can't imagine redownloading all that again...
And also I don't know if it would work, I played a lot Dragon Age Inquisition and other games since 2/3 days and had zero crash, so...

Hello Games said something about that? They'll fix it soon?

You may not need to reset the console. Try rebuilding the database. Its sort of like a defrag, it only takes a few minutes and it frees up some space and can speed up the console too. You won't lose any data.

Apt101

I found my first temperate planet. Lots of dinosaur-like creatures, big and small, lots of weird cacti, rock plants, and plants that looked Lovecraftian. Found a suit upgrade, plenty of new tech, and it was abundant in pretty much everything (but still no copper to be found).

After running into some beautiful planets with lots of flora, all I'm getting now are dystopic water planets and arid radioactive ones. Definitely yearning for more earth like planets now.

Yeah. My beginner planet was a dream although I did not fully realize it at the time. 3 warps later, I'm missing the beginner planet. :-/

SenkiDala

You may not need to reset the console. Try rebuilding the database. Its sort of like a defrag, it only takes a few minutes and it frees up some space and can speed up the console too. You won't lose any data.

Ok thanks, I'll try that. :) Also I'll try with the 1.05 patch (just got it 20 minutes ago).

Mindlog

This one felt right. Not too happy about the cockpit, but it was huge and looked like my Freelancer.
DeqbjYh.jpg
Got stuck inside a ship while trying to sell items and this monstrosity flew by.
However, down on the planet below I found it. I found the ship that will carry me to the center of the Galaxy.

Now if I could just find out why my weapons are bugged. My ultimate photon cannon is useless without the target lead indicator.

Was duping patched out? Please tell me yes. Because I'm way too tempted to clone warp cells. Earned everything else the hard way and don't plan on changing that, but I demand compensation for short travel distances, lol.

muteki

That is what I'm attempting to do, and at least on 1.04 rescanning using the same tower/riddle is possible.

What I'm finding though is that if you scan say 5 times and visit all the sites, then repeat again, on subsequent trips out you will run into ships you passed on in previous trips, or find empty spaces on those you picked up, and finding new +1s becomes increasingly difficult. At least in the same planet/region.

Out of all of it though I have found some great scrap off ships in particular a vortex cube that lets me stack 100 into one space which I am making good use of.

AHK_Hero

Now if I could just find out why my weapons are bugged. My ultimate photon cannon is useless without the target lead indicator.

This has happened to me a few times. Apparently it has something to do with switching ships.

It seems that reloading the game a few times (with different save points if necessary) will eventually make your guns useful again.

DjRalford

A YouTuber went 11 times but everything was just the same over and over and over again.

I read something the other day that there are 13 galaxies, and aparrantly a massive portal in the center of the final galaxy has 13 glyphs or something on it that relate to the different galaxies, i can't find the bloody thing now, i'll keep looking.

If thats true then I'm thinking once you hit the center of the 13th Galaxy you get the portals open allowing you to galaxy hop

Aenima

I read something the other day that there are 13 galaxies, and aparrantly a massive portal in the center of the final galaxy has 13 glyphs or something on it that relate to the different galaxies, i can't find the bloody thing now, i'll keep looking.

If thats true then I'm thinking once you hit the center of the 13th Galaxy you get the portals open allowing you to galaxy hop

Nop. thats just waiting for disapointment. The portals are not working in the current version of the game.
The goal of the game right now, and after u reach the center, is enjoy the views, be a space tourist exploring worlds and relaxing. Nothing more, nothing less.

You can also be imaginative and set ur own goals, like grenade landscaping, hunting for that dream spaceship, etc. Just dont expect new game mechanics to happen unless they came from an update.

BizzyBum

How in gods name do you trigger getting the blueprint for Atlas Pass V2 and V3?:(

So far there are two ways to get them. You can grind operation centers in Korvax systems for the bps or complete milestones and talk to Polo the Gek at space anamolies during the Atlas quest and he may reward you with the bps.

Haunted

How in gods name do you trigger getting the blueprint for Atlas Pass V2 and V3?:(
People are saying they're random drops, but I can't believe that.

It might be tied to milestones or proximity to the core.

Or a combination of the two, drop chance increasing as you progress through the game.

Jonbo298

So after saving freighters from what seemed like 15 attacking ships, I was given a trading post marker. I decide what the hell, I'll check it out, even though I was done the planet. Land the ship and I see this gold pillar and I'm thinking "That seems a bit large".

I move closer and notice it's in a ravine.
It's difficult to get a sense of just how fucking tall this thing is. I had to stitch together 2 images to get a good perspective.
Ansel support, please

giphy.gif

Still works post patch.

I already have a 48 slot ship... but I went to a Gek transmission tower last night and solved the same problem about 10 times to look for a ship I liked better.

I hope they fix the planetary storms in ship. they vanish when you start to fly. resume when you exit. it looks dumb.

I think that might only be the case with normal storms. I was on an Extreme Cold planet last night and the winds were whipping around even when I was flying. But I agree that normal storms shouldn't just disappear.

Aenima

Here's a tip to find a crashed ship u might be looking for:

Every solar system has only 3 diferent models for the 4 types of ships in the game, so in a solar system u will only find 12 diferent ships. You can park in a space station and see them all coming. Some are moro common and other more rare.

All the models u see arriving in a space station are the same models you will find crashed in that solar system. So before going hunting blindly, you can window shop at a space station or trading post to see what models you can find.

If nothing is for your taste, move to a new solar system and see what models are there. :)

Trouble

Banned
Here's a tip to find a crashed ship u might be looking for:

Every solar system has only 3 diferent models for the 4 types of ships in the game, so in a solar system u will only find 12 diferent ships. You can park in a space station and see them all coming. Some are moro common and other more rare.

All the models u see arriving in a space station are the same models you will find crashed in that solar system. So before going hunting blindly, you can window shop at a space station or trading post to see what models you can find.

If nothing is for your taste, move to a new solar system and see what models are there. :)

I have a 47 slot ship ATM and I'm about a dozen systems in using this method. :/

Maybe I'm too picky.

Codeblew

You have to hit square on the circle thing attached to the ship so that you don't go back to it.

Aenima

I have a 47 slot ship ATM and I'm about a dozen systems in using this method. :/

Maybe I'm too picky.

You think ur picky? i already reached the center doing this and still havent found the one i want... but i regreat letting escape some i found in the space station but i was too lazy to go search for the crashed ones lol... I really need a ship building option to make my own starship.
For now i will keep window shopping.

Top Bottom