• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

IvanJ

Banned
When do I finally get to meet
Nada & Polo :(

I've warped 4 times (1 time to see atlas interface) and now I see a 2nd atlas interface waypoint :/

I want my atlas pass v1

Jump sideways off the Atlas Path, and search for an "Anomaly" (similar to a Space Station)

Everyone's way too comfortable calling him a liar.

Except that's exactly what he did!

You still like the game? Fine. You're free to enjoy what's there. The rest of us are equally free to feel lied to when you look at a laundry list of stuff that was promised (and shown mere weeks from release), but missing from the game. This isn't rocket science.

Loudninja

So after saving freighters from what seemed like 15 attacking ships, I was given a trading post marker. I decide what the hell, I'll check it out, even though I was done the planet. Land the ship and I see this gold pillar and I'm thinking "That seems a bit large".

I move closer and notice it's in a ravine.

It's difficult to get a sense of just how fucking tall this thing is. I had to stitch together 2 images to get a good perspective.
Ansel support, please

giphy.gif
Wow.

Ason

If you think the Survivalist Milestone is a pain in the ass, think of me...

I accidently fell asleep while doing it, woke up and found I had died with only 0.8 sols left to complete the damn thing!

LHBUEaC.jpg

Talk about missed opportunity.

=)

magawolaz

Found what looked from orbit like a cool vulcanic planet with lava rivers. But from the surface it looked more like Mars from Total Recall, especially during stormy weather. A bit disappointing. Has anyone seen a planet with actual lava?

wuuIvEz.png

ha, reminds me of when I thought I found a planet covered in sheets of ice/water:

Turns out it was just blue rocks :(

Dredd97

can't wait till this evening so I can get my NMS fix :)

word of warning though.. avoid the Angry Joe review thread, it's fucking toxic...

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member

I accidently fell asleep while doing it, woke up and found I had died with only 0.8 sols left to complete the damn thing!

LHBUEaC.jpg

=)
Ouch, that hurts. So close

noomi

Jump sideways off the Atlas Path, and search for an "Anomaly" (similar to a Space Station)

Thanks,
I've already visited the Atlas interface once, but now I see atlas interface had moved to another star...

Are you saying I should just venture to any star system that isn't connected to the atlas path or the atlas interface?

I just upgraded my theta drive so I suppose I should check out one of these "blue stars" ^_^

btkadams

I finished the atlas path and have a couple questions.
I went through the black hole and was taken many light years away, but I'm still just as far from the centre of the universe. Do I now just follow the path to the centre? Should I be going through more black holes? It seems like warping ~5 systems at a time towards the centre with my sigma warp drive is going to take YEARS.

Ferr986

I finished the atlas path and have a couple questions.
I went through the black hole and was taken many light years away, but I'm still just as far from the centre of the universe. Do I now just follow the path to the centre? Should I be going through more black holes? It seems like warping ~5 systems at a time towards the centre with my sigma warp drive is going to take YEARS.

Work towards getting the Tau and Tehtra warp systems. If you want to get to the center it's a must to have the three of them.

Black holes warps you a lot of distance but not necessary towards the center, so they're random and sometimes not worth it.

btkadams

Work towards getting the Tau and Tehtra warp systems. If you want to get to the center it's a must to have the three of them.

Black holes warps you a lot of distance but not necessary towards the center, so they're random and sometimes not worth it.
Thanks!

Is there any benefit to building a second sigma war drive upgrade on my ship? Or do I just build one of each type? I've only found sigma so far.

NeoRausch

Been multi-jumping (including two black holes in the beginning) across the Atlas-Path for a while now and don't see an Atlas Station anymore (nor the indicator on the map) and haven't had a Space Anomaly in quite some time.

Should I be worried

noomi

So I just read a PSA on reddit that says you should place theta upgrades in the middle of sigma/tau to get a better bonus...

Shit... I literally just built everything in my ship Sigma>Tau>Theta ... I am not farming resources again to change that around :/

ranmafan

=)

That happened to me too, fell asleep while trying to get it, but thankfully it was only halfway done when it happened. still sucked having to start all over. That really sucks you were so close. That trophy is the most brutal one.

Was this posted yet?. A lengthy analysis and discussion from a developer perspective (Paul Kilduff-Taylor, one of the founders of Mode7, who made Frozen Synapse)
https://blog.mode7games.com/promising-the-earth-no-mans-sky-c6227ae3a35d#.g4e3rcqs7

It was a long read and i agree on the argumentation

People are so hung on this game "missing" features, they ignore all the good things this game did and i say that acknowledging that NMS has some gameplay problems.

-----------------------------------------

Finally found a planet with extreme conditions , it's very funny when i was looking for a lush planet all i found was barren systems, And when i was looking for an extreme planet , all i found was normal ones.

This game is toying with me , lol.

Now i'm doing that extreme survival trophy , 2 hours at a time while doing something else. and saving often :)

Thanks!

Is there any benefit to building a second sigma war drive upgrade on my ship? Or do I just build one of each type? I've only found sigma so far.

You cannot build the same upgrade TWICE.

Find a ship you're confirtable with and work your way building all 3 wrap upgrades. Once you've got that , you're good.

OuterLimits

This right here is what killed all my will to play. Like, in a second. "Why i am naming and discovering planets that already are fully colonized?"

That and the fact there is nothing to discover. If you run a few meters in ANY direction, the game will spawn something for you. Always. In every planet.

It's like we are all Christopher Columbus in this game. We are giving it a name, and pretending we are the first to find it. Oh and taking any damn resources we want as well, thank you very much.

besada

Banned
Had a monolith give me a multi-tool, but it must not have set the internal flag or something, because now all multi-tool dispensaries are offering me a tool with two less slots. Womp womp.

Ferr986

Thanks!

You can't install repeated mods.

You need to find the other drives interacting with aliens or outposts.

theWB27

Has anyone else not been getting black hole locations? The last three times I've picked black hole and nothing is showing up on my galactic map.

somme

Wow I actually did just have an epic space battle. Came of of FTL to find myself in the middle of a huge battle between three capital ships and 21 pirates. Had to take out all of them! Luckily they only attacked me in groups of 2-3 at a time, whilst the rest focused their attacks on the capital ships.

SomTervo

Had a monolith give me a multi-tool, but it must not have set the internal flag or something, because now all multi-tool dispensaries are offering me a tool with two less slots. Womp womp.

I found once you start nearing the max multitool slots (24?) they just start offering smaller ones with decent configurations.

sandkiller

So I just read a PSA on reddit that says you should place theta upgrades in the middle of sigma/tau to get a better bonus...

Shit... I literally just built everything in my ship Sigma>Tau>Theta ... I am not farming resources again to change that around :/
Odd..

It doesn't seem to follow the order of the greek alphabet?

Crumpo

I've been playing through in little chunks (an hour here and there) since launch...is there any way to see what my playtime is on ps4? I had a quick hunt around yesterday and couldn't see it...

Upgraded my hyperdrive and landed on my first planet in a red-star system. It's weird. It's desolate and the land's taken on weird shapes and there doesn't seem to be any atmosphere. It's a really creepy vibe to walk around in. I like where this is going.

bosseye

Is anyone else put in mind of the old text adventures from the 80s/90s when reading the text during an interaction with an Alien or Monolith? I really like them.

Still dipping in and out of this quite happily. Found another planet with peals in the caves, and sentinels who give up and go away if they can't locate you within 10 seconds or so, so I'm staying here to farm for a bit. I'll grab a few million credits or so then move on - I'm sure there will be another valuable resource rich planet soon.

Also found a desert planet covered in giant geometric blocks, like scattered toys. It was very cool. Need to upload a few of my screenshots, just waiting for a photomode really.

Is anyone else put in mind of the old text adventures from the 80s/90s when reading the text during an interaction with an Alien or Monolith? I really like them.

Still dipping in and out of this quite happily. Found another planet with peals in the caves, and sentinels who give up and go away if they can't locate you within 10 seconds or so, so I'm staying here to farm for a bit. I'll grab a few million credits or so then move on - I'm sure there will be another valuable resource rich planet soon.

Also found a desert planet covered in giant geometric blocks, like scattered toys. It was very cool. Need to upload a few of my screenshots, just waiting for a photomode really.

I think the interactions are definitely supposed to invoke the feeling of an old text adventure.

Holy mother of spoilers, Batman! WTF.

sigh i guess half of it is something part of the actual ending i assume. i was planning to go toward the center once i've finished the survival challenge..

what a shame i thought we had a spoiler thread for those reasons.

Well any NMS thread that isn't this one or the photo thread is toxic so ...

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member

I can't imagine that could ever be worth it. The bonus for placing them together is hardly anything to worry about to begin with.

LHBUEaC.jpg

=)

.... same thing happened to me.. kinda.

At 28.9 SOL I went into orbit to grab some Tharium for an upgrade before it was widely known leaving the planet resets the timer.

I was so pissed.

NeoRausch

It's only speculation regarding the ending.
He's openly taking about the fact that you open a second universe..

While I'm pretty lax with spoiler stuff, this kinda stuff could some folks around here get really riled up.
And it's the only NMS threads that isn't a shitfest.

RedSwirl

Is it even worth upgrading your hyperdrive before you get to 48 slots? Having to rebuild three hyperdrive a is an ordeal in itself. I'm thinking of doing like that one dude and just fucking around on one planet until I switch enough ships to reach 48 slots.

Top Bottom