• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

Aenima

Really wish there was some planet transportation besides the ship and walking. Need ground vehicles..
If the problem is the speed movement:

Upgrade your jetpack, and use the button combo to jetpack forward.
Start sprinting forward then click on melee and right after keep pressing the jetpack. It will move you forward much faster than running, and you can control the hight by pressing and releasing the jetpack button.

The upgraded jetpack lets you go for a good distance before needing to wait for a jetpack recharge.

I was exploring a moon covered in those rare cubes, grabbed like 6 of them and busted ass back to my ship. Hit the launch thrusters and the launch glitch kicked in and flung me so hard off the moon I almost made it all the way back to its planet.

I normally hate that glitch (it totally fucked my SOL grind) but that was pretty amazing. I kind of wish they'd make it something you could do on purpose, like an emergency launch but instead of 25% of your launch power it takes 50-75%.

Also I was exploring a totally different planet and was scanning for life when I saw a cluster of red dots vibrating beyond some brush. At first I thought "oh fuck bees" but the reality was even more horrifying, a writhing vibrating mass of tentacles. I put the creature of of its misery and it fell apart revealing several jellyfish clumped together. It wasn't until much later I found them in their natural habitat, water, moving normally but they spawned all over that planet on the ground and it was just a fucking nightmare sight. I took a video (I record all my NMS playthroughs in case stuff like that happens but I happened to record this via the PS4 too) so if I can figure out how to upload the video I'll post it for those interested.

Also I finally found animals that are too small to scan and I don't know what to do about it. They're tiny little beetles and they move too quickly to scan and they can't be killed, what the fuck?

Absinthe

Pretty much, just tested the mod. It's definitly not perfect since the collision box of your ship is pretty much a box. It'll take some actual skill manouvring through stuff. And you can get your ship stuck in caves I found out. thankfully I can free my ship through grenades :p

Next stop I proposed to the modders is shooting holes/destroy terrain with ship weapons

http://nomansskymods.com/mods/lowflight-by-hytek-packed/

There's the mod

Finally. This should have been included from the beginning!

Not my gif

Poyunch

When you're just chilling with your Sentinel buddies.
Df2HFhc.jpg

Sorry I'm late to reply with images. I searched for hours on the original planet but could never find that mountain again. I just found another planet with cloud-piercing mountains, but it's an irradiated planet that is constantly hazy. I fought a storm on the way up and had to wait for it to clear once at the peak, but even waiting didn't allow for a good view from teh top. But, yeah. Here's a mountain and then another image at the top to show that it actually clips/pierces into the clouds.

Cool. Yeah I just found a pretty big mountain last night. Unfortunately this planet also had a very thick atmosphere with lots of heat storms. But I'd guess this seemed like a few thousand feet up. I'm not sure the game can do much bigger though; nothing even approaching the scale of Olympus Mons, let alone Mt. Everest, because the height of the atmosphere on planets is just not very tall.

Obviously it's real hazy here, but you can see on the right there were ships cruising at this altitude. Saw several of them just zip by me, it was pretty weird.

And here's a better shot of the height from my ship. This was pretty much the same altitude as where I was standing in the first shot:

Slay

I don't know if someone else posted something like this before, but it seems that you can use the ship's lasers to mine resources on the planet. Here is a small video from me discovering this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxymAgv3CAM

It's way too inefficient in order to have any practical application, but it can be done.

Still not bored of this game and eager to get back to it. I think I will take a rest from it after I finish the Atlas path and reach the centre so I don't burn myself out.

E92 M3

How many slots did your previous ship have?

I've been trying to figure out the range of ships the game presents you based on your current ship.

My previous ship had 33 slots.

The only thing that sucks is that the photon cannons are glitched at 0% and don't have tracking.

goonergaz

I'm STILL stuck with no antimatter - I have all the parts needed but no blueprint! My ship is up to 23 slots, my backpack 27 - tho I'm still stuck with the original gun.

I've been round and round in circles and just can't get the antimatter...help...please!!?!?!?

TheMan

That's a good idea , maybe finding new pieces os schematics on crash sites for exemple ?

That would be cool.

IT would be intresting once the base building thing they've promised is done.

and it would make so much more sense. what is the point of building a base in game that's about moving from planet to planet? Even if you're sticking to one planet to look for animals or whatever, there's rarely a reason to stay in one specific spot for very long.

Ridwald

I'm STILL stuck with no antimatter - I have all the parts needed but no blueprint! My ship is up to 23 slots, my backpack 27 - tho I'm still stuck with the original gun.

I've been round and round in circles and just can't get the antimatter...help...please!!?!?!?

I don't know what you've tried already but you have a few options :
  1. Go to space and scan from there, it may pop up a "Manufacturing Facility", if not then
  2. Go back on the planet, search for a Signal Scanner (Little white box with the orange beam going up). From the list you should search for "Colonial Outpost", and from there you go to the Manufacturing Facilities that appear.

If you don't find what you want in these facilities then you should search for another signal scanner distant from the previous one and repeat the search .... It may be long if you didn't get the schematic for antimatter yet ...

Good luck

curb

Banned
I got to my first
Atlas Station
last night. I kinda knew what to expect from reading the thread but I wish I hadn't. That would have been best experienced completely unspoiled.

Also managed to later two hyperdrive blueprints shortly after each other. Now if I only had a ship I thought was worth putting work into.

Future

Think I've reached the end of my rope on this game. For hours I was hacking towers to find transmissions hoping to find a crashed ship I could get with more slots since I keep running out of inventory space. Finally find one.... But don't have enough hyridium to repair. Leave to get some, and then can't find the damn ship again

Hours go by before I find another one. Fly a long ass distance to find one only to find it actually has less slots than my own damn ship

Out of all the frustrations in this game, making basic shit like atlas passes take an inventory slot and not being able to stack certain items like gek beads or vapor is really the worst. It's like they are trying to make me run out of inventory every damn second. I am never incentivized to collect too much new shit because I just run out of space immediately. Getting new space is slow and brooding and feels based on luck exploring.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Played a bunch yesterday. Found a really resource rich planet with a bunch of gravitino balls, aluminum and nickel. So I got my suit maxed at 48 slots, and built all three warp drive upgrades and also bought and upgraded a 24 slot tool. Still only have 22 slots on my ship, but I'm fine with that for now as I think I'm done farming and the process for finding ships with more slots and rebuilding warp drives etc. sucks.

On the bad news front, I accidentally discarded an Atlas Stone and saved a few times before realizing it. :( I went into gog and set it to revert to the launch versions in hopes I can use the duplication glitch once to duplicate one so I have 10 (sitting at 9 one Atlas station from what sounded like the end of that path).

If that doesn't work is it worth jumping around to find a stone for sale and farming the money to buy it? Or just move on and not worry about having 10 stones?

Leaning toward not worrying about it if it doesn't work as I'm starting to get burnt out on the game after 40ish hours.

somme

For the first few hours I had to buy it from vendors at ports or the space stations. Then I got a recipe.

noomi

My previous ship had 33 slots.

The only thing that sucks is that the photon cannons are glitched at 0% and don't have tracking.

I had a hard time figuring this one out, I constantly thought I had to charge my photon cannons, until I realized it was bugged....

I have a 48slotter now (really cool looking ship). Thinking it will be my forever ship.

Ridwald

Played a bunch yesterday. Found a really resource rich planet with a bunch of gravitino balls, aluminum and nickel. So I got my suit maxed at 48 slots, and built all three warp drive upgrades and also bought and upgraded a 24 slot tool. Still only have 22 slots on my ship, but I'm fine with that for now as I think I'm done farming and the process for finding ships with more slots and rebuilding warp drives etc. sucks.

On the bad news front, I accidentally discarded an Atlas Stone and saved a few times before realizing it. :( I went into gog and set it to revert to the launch versions in hopes I can use the duplication glitch once to duplicate one so I have 10 (sitting at 9 one Atlas station from what sounded like the end of that path).

If that doesn't work is it worth jumping around to find a stone for sale and farming the money to buy it? Or just move on and not worry about having 10 stones?

Leaning toward not worrying about it if it doesn't work as I'm starting to get burnt out on the game after 40ish hours.

Don't you have another path to an atlas station in the galactic map ? To grab the last atlas stone you need.

To decide if it is worth to finish that quest i would say (kind of spoilerish)
that it depends on your wish to go to the center of the galaxy now or later ? If you don't care then it's no big deal, if you care i'd recommend you try and finish it !

E92 M3

I had a hard time figuring this one out, I constantly thought I had to charge my photon cannons, until I realized it was bugged....

I have a 48slotter now (really cool looking ship). Thinking it will be my forever ship.

Yeah, it's a very annoying bug. Cannons aren't supposed to have a charge it seems.

Jeez...this games trade in value dropped fast!

Hopefully the developers continue to work on it. With updates, it can be truly something special.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Don't you have another path to an atlas station in the galactic map ? To grab the last atlas stone you need.

The one I got the 9th (technically 10th since I discarded one) from said something about the
gateway
being the next stop. That was the station where you needed the level 10 (Galileo?) milestone rank to accept.

Is there still another stone at the remaining Atlas Station?

LiK

4 more trophies until Plat. just need the warp and destroy starships ones. i think once i get them, i'll race to the center and be done with the game until they add substantial content to it. i still enjoy the chill bits but there's literally nothing to do anymore that is interesting after first few hours.

Just got this when checking my discoveries. When I moved the cursor it went back to the normal animation.
[DNA Image]

Yeah, i've had that happen once, like all the other bugs actually, v. strange. I've had one CTD, one Throw into Orbit Takeoff, that DNA thing and something else. I've been hellishly lucky with my PC i suppose.

Just got this when checking my discoveries. When I moved the cursor it went back to the normal animation.

KeIt5DT.jpg

Yeah I got that one too. Odd.

I have to say I understand the complaints and I can't disagree with a lot of the Angry Joe review but still I want to keep playing. I'm enjoying it much more than say UC4 that is on a lot of best of 2016 lists.

0racle

4 more trophies until Plat. just need the warp and destroy starships ones. i think once i get them, i'll race to the center and be done with the game until they add substantial content to it. i still enjoy the chill bits but there's literally nothing to do anymore that is interesting after first few hours.

I'm in the same boat

Any easy way for the destroy ships trophy?

And in terms of warping. Do I save fuel warping to the system right beside my current one in comparison to jumping 5 to 6 systems? I assume it just uses a default fuel number per jump?

Ridwald

The one I got the 9th (technically 10th since I discarded one) said something about the gateway being the next step. That was the one you needed the level 10 (Galileo?) milestone rank to accept.

Is there still another stone at the remaining Atlas Station?

I wouldn't know, i would go and check at the atlas station. Maybe the game will see that you don't have the amount necessary to validate the quest and give you another one. The next atlas station then becomes the last one ? this is pure theory since i didn't face that case :)

Up to you if you have the will to go check that =)

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in the same boat

And in terms of warping. Do I save fuel warping to the system right beside my current one in comparison to jumping 5 to 6 systems? I assume it just uses a default fuel number per jump?

For destroy ships just go out and attacks the storage freighters and sentinel ships will show up, rinse and repeat.

goonergaz

I don't know what you've tried already but you have a few options :
  1. Go to space and scan from there, it may pop up a "Manufacturing Facility", if not then
  2. Go back on the planet, search for a Signal Scanner (Little white box with the orange beam going up). From the list you should search for "Colonial Outpost", and from there you go to the Manufacturing Facilities that appear.

If you don't find what you want in these facilities then you should search for another signal scanner distant from the previous one and repeat the search .... It may be long if you didn't get the schematic for antimatter yet ...

Good luck

I was looking for an outpost based on other advise in this thread with no joy so will try the manufacturing facilities ta

For the first few hours I had to buy it from vendors at ports or the space stations. Then I got a recipe.

Well I've been playing 20+ hours and so far no-one has offered it to me!

Ridwald

I'm in the same boat

For the ships you stay in space with some valuables in cargo and you will be attacked (5/6 ships) or, you wait near freighters to be attacked by pirates and you get something like 20+ targets.

In my ship with all upgrades on warp I use 1/5 of fuel to warp from 1 to 6/7 systems (1600 LY). Didn't test it early but the upgrades give you more range i would guess, fuel consumption is always the same : 1 warp = 1/5 of fuel. Maybe someone has the basic numbers without upgrades.

Ridwald

I was looking for an outpost based on other advise in this thread with no joy so will try the manufacturing facilities ta

Well I've been playing 20+ hours and so far no-one has offered it to me!

Now that you talk about it, it should have been given to you by an alien in the first quests the game provides you. But if you missed that part my best guess would be the manufacturing facilities because i recall getting a lot of basic schematics from these.

Maybe someone else would have a better idea, but if you already moved from the starting area without finding it ... that leaves you searching the manufacturing facilities to obtain it

i think my ship bugged the fuck up, so i purchased a 30 slot ship and whenever i used the phase beams i would damage myself and my photo cannons appear empty and it keeps saying that but i dont see a way to charge it. (though my DLC ship appeared with it's photo cannons always full and unlimited)

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
i think my ship bugged the fuck up, so i purchased a 30 slot ship and whenever i used the phase beams i would damage myself and my photo cannons appear empty and it keeps saying that but i dont see a way to charge it. (though my DLC ship appeared with it's photo cannons always full and unlimited)

Yeah, I've had that message to charge photon cannons (with no way to do so and them working fine anyway) for ages myself.

I wouldn't know, i would go and check at the atlas station. Maybe the game will see that you don't have the amount necessary to validate the quest and give you another one. The next atlas station then becomes the last one ? this is pure theory since i didn't face that case :)

Up to you if you have the will to go check that =)

Cool. I'll see if I can duplicate one when I get home (set the game to revert to orginal version on GOG before leaving for work), if not I'll just head to that station and see what happens.

If it doesn't give me another stone, I'll just back out and see if I can find one for sale somewhere.

MadSol

Unconfirmed Member
PS4 crashed first 15 minutes of play then two hours without trouble, a couple spots of hesitation where I thought maybe it was going to crash but it ran again.
I bought it after watching streams etc. knowing now what it really contains.
I can play it in front of the kids without concern for content and mostly just a chill and zone out game.
For me I don't really care if multi or base building is ever added.
Really should have been max $30 physical on PS4, $20 on PC. And no paid DLC ever.

Let me know if you ever visit planet - Thighs mmm...

Top Bottom