• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

Low flight mod, Dark space mod and as I saw on reddit - removing scanner from the game is absolutely awesome!

Don't let this parish you beard guy you.

I installed the dark space mod last night (looks fucking TOP), what is this low flight mod you speak of??? Also, what benefit is there to removing the scanner? I kind of like it, but if you think it makes it better I'd like to know!

Ducktail

The ones with a landing pad always had one.

Anyone else worried they will not massively update the game after the bugs are fixed? It seems like with the reception, their morale could be at all-time low. I know mines would be in their place.

Personally love the game and looking forward to all of the promised features and changes.

If anything, they should strive to get the features they promised even harder. While some people hated the core gameplay, many people like the game for what it is and are waiting for support. Sadly, the game is a bug fest. I can't see them fixing it anytime soon either. I just hope they fix corrupted save files.

So, I'm moving a bit slow... taking my time (first two systems had 6 planets each), exploring, farming resources, etc.
I get to my third system and, low-and-behold, someone else is there. I scan things and start noticing other objects/creatures + waypoints with the little yellow icons that they've been discovered/uploaded by someone else on the same day.
If any GAFer has the name Cornix, it's YOU! :D

Pretty cool.
They named the system (seems like a default name), but didn't bother naming the planets, so I took that upon myself.

Still... shouldn't this situation be pretty rare considering the staggering amounts of planets/systems? Have many others here essentially 'shared' a system with another player at a similar time?

I installed the dark space mod last night (looks fucking TOP), what is this low flight mod you speak of??? Also, what benefit is there to removing the scanner? I kind of like it, but if you think it makes it better I'd like to know!

Low Flight is already the second most downloaded NMS mod only after a couple of days. Should surpass the top mod, Fast Actions (another MUST have) sometime today for the top spot. The mod does what it says, lets you fly low and removes the cushion of air "training wheels" that keeps us from flying too close to the ground (or crashing into things).

Low Flight Mod by Hytek

....and just like that Low Flight is now the most downloaded mod on nomansskymods.com. The hunger is real.

Raist

Banned
I've only found one Omega blueprint so far. The Combat Amplifier one. Not sure how many there are. Hoping for lots of new blueprints, upgrades and even elements/combinations in the future.

I've got Combat Amplifier too, as well as Impact Damage (for the Boltcaster).

Haven't found a single Omega blueprint - just constantly getting dupes. How did you get it?

I'll need to check back when I get home tonight, but I definitely have one Omega bp. I think it's also for the combat amplifier-- for the mining laser ? I dunno. I'll look though. As far as where I got it, it was definitely a random get from somewhere, most likely a factory I blasted into.

Anyone else worried they will not massively update the game after the bugs are fixed? It seems like with the reception, their morale could be at all-time low. I know mines would be in their place.

I think they will. I think they have thicker skin than we give them credit for. I also think they genuinely have more they'd like to show us. I certainly hope they look at some of the mods already implemented on PC-- to much fanfare-- and take a hard look at some of their design decisions and how they could improve on them for future content. I'm with you though, I think there's a great base to work with and I really am hopeful for more reasons to push on towards that next star after I plat the game and have my maxed ship, suit, and MT.

carlos

So, I'm moving a bit slow... taking my time (first two systems had 6 planets each), exploring, farming resources, etc.
I get to my third system and, low-and-behold, someone else is there. I scan things and start noticing other objects/creatures + waypoints with the little yellow icons that they've been discovered/uploaded by someone else on the same day.

Pretty cool.
They named the system (seems like a default name), but didn't bother naming the planets, so I took that upon myself.

Still... shouldn't this situation be pretty rare considering the staggering amounts of planets/systems? Have many others here essentially 'shared' a system with another player at a similar time?

I ran into a discovered system as well, it seems weird that the planets were not named, while the species and plants were. I think italianace123 was the guy, if he's out there. It was a strange but cool experience.

E92 M3

Low-flight needs to be an option on the PS4 - no reason they can't allow for that.

I'll need to check back when I get home tonight, but I definitely have one Omega bp. I think it's also for the combat amplifier-- for the mining laser ? I dunno. I'll look though. As far as where I got it, it was definitely a random get from somewhere, most likely a factory I blasted into.

I think they will. I think they have thicker skin than we give them credit for. I also think they genuinely have more they'd like to show us. I certainly hope they look at some of the mods already implemented on PC-- to much fanfare-- and take a hard look at some of their design decisions and how they could improve on them for future content. I'm with you though, I think there's a great base to work with and I really am hopeful for more reasons to push on towards that next star after I plat the game and have my maxed ship, suit, and MT.

Hopefully, but Sean has talked about how he gets affected by negativity. I remember a small blurb from a while ago lol. Nonetheless, I really want to see all of the graphical and technological improvements they have been working on.

Unai

Pretty cool.

I was out of town for two days. When I came back and started playing the game again, someone had discovered the planets in my system. He didn't bother to name them, though.

curb

Banned
Low-flight needs to be an option on the PS4 - no reason they can't allow for that.

I'm sure there are user experience concerns for when you get your ship stuck in a cave.

HG should add it in though with a toggle that warns you to be careful when you turn it on.

Yeah, should be relatively simple to add an "assisted flight" toggle in the options. Only issue with the mod really is that collisions aren't really handled well right now, and the landing mechanic is not tuned for being so close to the ground (you'll often skid across the ground before landing). Those would probably have to be tweaked before official low flying support is added.

I'm not holding too much hope for Deep Space coming to the PS4 version though. That seems to go against Hello Games' artisitic vision. But maybe after the backlash they've received they'll be a bit more amenable to appeasing the hardcore base who have stuck around?

I finished up the Platinum trophy last night and I am still quite far from reaching the center. Have not had this much fun with a game in a while, bugs and all.

Can not wait to see what else they add to this game!

One of the reasons I also started annotating star systems.

Example:
First Contact [Y3xAuChEmGPx0_K]

That's a cool system, though tbh I wouldn't want my system names muddied up with long code strings. I'd prefer that Hello add this kind of info to the discoveries page where the planets info already is.

re: the portals, I'd be really surprised if that's anything besides a troll. Considering the state of other game systems in NMS, I'd be surprised that Hello found the time to orchestrate some complex set of requirements to activate a portal.
edit: I wonder if anyone has tried pushing one of those metal balls at the ruins through a portal though. Seems like a huge task, but supposedly the flags at the ruins point to where portals are.

E92 M3

That and being able to blast resources from your ship. Not being able to is a quick immersion killer.

Yeah, that kinda sucks! Railshot adapter with all upgrades kinda makes mining a cakewalk lol.

I'm sure there are user experience concerns for when you get your ship stuck in a cave.

HG should add it in though with a toggle that warns you to be careful when you turn it on.

Indeed, have some kind of warning, but more options never hurt!

Could create alot of new issues though.

Nothing a disclaimer can't solve ;)

Yeah, should be relatively simple to add an "assisted flight" toggle in the options. Only issue with the mod really is that collisions aren't really handled well right now, and the landing mechanic is not tuned for being so close to the ground (you'll often skid across the ground before landing). Those would probably have to be tweaked before official low flying support is added.

I'm not holding too much hope for Deep Space coming to the PS4 version though. That seems to go against Hello Games' artisitic vision. But maybe after the backlash they've received they'll be a bit more amenable to appeasing the hardcore base who have stuck around?

I wouldn't mind them tweaking it - the concept is very cool and it's always good to have more control of the ship.

In terms of their artistic vision: I think they messed up by making everything colorful. I would have loved some black systems to contrast the colors. Make the colors more appreciated.

That and being able to blast resources from your ship. Not being able to is a quick immersion killer.

Both of these. Absolutely.

Hopefully, but Sean has talked about how he gets affected by negativity.

Yeah seeing the childish, toxic posts here on GAF gets me riled sometimes too, but that's the nature of the Internet; humanity's great anus. Regardless if Mr. Murray and members of the HG team feel a bit of a gut punch from the loud corners of the void that don't like what they made, I'm sure they 1) are professional enough to move past it-- honestly, as Managing Director, SM has an obligation to his staff (and their families) to pull it together and continue to make things that people want to buy in order to remain solvent as a company and 2) they know better than any of us what their game is capable of, both technically and otherwise and, seeing some of the dismissive comments about the game, I'd imagine they have something to prove. I know that's how I'd feel.

Could create alot of new issues though.

As long as there is some sort of disclaimer as to potential impact on end user experience- -and it could be toggled on/off-- I think a lot of people would be willing to risk it. But you're right, if enabling that opened the flood gates on a whole new slough of crashes, that'd also be more trouble than it'd be worth, on PS4 at least.

Just got this when checking my discoveries. When I moved the cursor it went back to the normal animation.

KeIt5DT.jpg

Is anyone a chemist or has a chemist friend who can recognize this compound? Several of us have gotten this glitch now, and I didn't see it until 1.04 or 1.05. That recent @HelloGames tweet said that the patches contain "improvements" also. Not to get on the reddit tinfoil train, but maybe they did add something regarding the portals to get them activated. I mean I guess it's possible, even if unlikely.

Qwark

Is anyone a chemist or has a chemist friend who can recognize this compound? Several of us have gotten this glitch now, and I didn't see it until 1.04 or 1.05. That recent @HelloGames tweet said that the patches contain "improvements" also. Not to get on the reddit tinfoil train, but maybe they did add something regarding the portals to get them activated. I mean I guess it's possible, even if unlikely.

I was getting that glitch day 1, it's not new. I think that's just the placeholder image when it can't find the actual model.

Several of us have gotten this glitch now, and I didn't see it until 1.04 or 1.05. T

I've seen those a bunch too. I don't think it's a glitch as I'm pretty sure I've seen different combinations for different creatures. It may be a loading screen? Like, those combinations are the graphical representation of what's supposed to be generated, but hasn't fully loaded the assets yet? I only speculate that because whenever they've popped up, they stay there for a minute or two, then are replaces with the creature or plant; more the former than latter.

Edit:
I was getting that glitch day 1, it's not new. I think that's just the placeholder image when it can't find the actual model.

Yeah I could've been mistaken about seeing different combinations of the image, but I agree it seems to be there until the model is found or loaded.

This is a great reminder to people, thanks for sharing! I still think what most want is the destructiveness of the asteroid-busting photon cannons brought to bear on the planet as well, with the benefit of mining as well. I think a good compromise would be like what we have with grenades: you can blast things and deform the environment, but you're not going to mine everything, nor as efficiently, with grenade blasts. The exception seems to be Iron, which you can harvest hundreds in seconds with a few grenade shots into a cave.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Yup. The slot grind was considerably easier than the cosmetic one.

Did the grind until I reached 33 slots last night. Hoping to finish tonight, then I'll be doing the cosmetic grind as well.

I'm on a very resource rich planet so maybe at the same time I can farm those and monoliths.

I've seen those a bunch too. I don't think it's a glitch as I'm pretty sure I've seen different combinations for different creatures. It may be a loading screen? Like, those combinations are the graphical representation of what's supposed to be generated, but hasn't fully loaded the assets yet?

Cool, thanks, so it is just leftover assets I guess. Wonder what it was originally used for.

Sidenote: I wish the planetary info told us what the atmosphere is made of. I know NMS uses made-up elements, but it would be cool to know why this planet has a green sky and that planet doesn't.

I'd like better ship throttle control as well. As it is now you can't bring your ship to a stop in space or on planet and you can't reverse on a planet.

To get the extreme survival thing , can I stand still outside or inside a building? Not moving at all

Copied from a guide:
Hiding in a cave does not reset or stop the timer.
Sitting or waiting indoors does not reset or stop the timer.
Sitting or waiting in your ship does not reset the timer but it does stop the timer.
Flying around the planet without going to orbit does not reset or stop the timer.
Going to orbit does reset the timer, so I recommend you just stay on one planet for this and Gold The Sentinel.
Dying also completely resets the timer.

shaneskim

As a chemist I can tell you that that compound is not of this Earth

Low Flight is already the second most downloaded NMS mod only after a couple of days. Should surpass the top mod, Fast Actions (another MUST have) sometime today for the top spot. The mod does what it says, lets you fly low and removes the cushion of air "training wheels" that keeps us from flying too close to the ground (or crashing into things).

Low Flight Mod by Hytek

....and just like that Low Flight is now the most downloaded mod on nomansskymods.com. The hunger is real.

Oh my god.

Work cannot end soon enough. This is a game changer!

Brannon

Things I've learned:

-Iron, carbon, plutonium, heridium and copper don't really need to be hoarded; they're everywhere.

-Thaimium, Platinum and Zinc are slightly less common, but also easy to find. May want to keep some Zinc on hand for space battles and what not. Also space is basically infinite Thaimium.

-Titanium is not rare at all; just cause trouble on a planet and kill some sentinels.

-Looking for other elements; the large round veins are time-wasting traps. Sure they look impressive, but even with the best mining equipment, it takes forever to get a decent amount from them. The best source of rare elements are the crystals. They break almost instantly and give well over a hundred units per crystal. Usually in caves, and if you can't find an entrance and you're close, may as well grenade your way there.

-Exosuit only really needs the jetpack and stamina mods; nothing hurts you enough to warrant additional protection, and with those mods, you can get away from anything that even looks at you the wrong way. Hazardous weather can be escaped by tunneling into a cave until it passes.

-With the mobility mods, go on a macguffin run if you land on a planet with exotic materials like Graviton Balls. Get one, run from the weak and slow sentinels, get another, and another, and so forth until you get to a base with one of those ship-calling posts.

-Feed animals so they poop exotic shit.

I've got nothing on space combat since I keep avoiding it because it's so boring. A far better flight model, or at least the option for one, would fix a lot on that line. The hand-holdy nature is grating.

Yeah seeing the childish, toxic posts here on GAF gets me riled sometimes too, but that's the nature of the Internet; humanity's great anus. Regardless if Mr. Murray and members of the HG team feel a bit of a gut punch from the loud corners of the void that don't like what they made, I'm sure they 1) are professional enough to move past it-- honestly, as Managing Director, SM has an obligation to his staff (and their families) to pull it together and continue to make things that people want to buy in order to remain solvent as a company and 2) they know better than any of us what their game is capable of, both technically and otherwise and, seeing some of the dismissive comments about the game, I'd imagine they have something to prove. I know that's how I'd feel.

I can't possibly imagine what Hello Games is feeling right now. Sure they're professionals, but they are still human. To release the thing you've been toiling over for years only to have the internet absolutely SHIT all over it, almost incessantly for literal weeks after it's released into the world is an almost impossible burden to carry. Sure there are some reasons for there to be valid criticism, and decisions made by a somewhat inexperienced developer (in managing PR) have more than bit them in the ass. But you can only soldier on and keep grinding under that pressure for so long before you say "screw it" and move on to another employment opportunity. Preferably one where your customers don't actively send you death threats or flood youtube/social media with hundreds of negative videos about your game.

I also hope No Man's Sky serves as a very potent cautionary tale for any future indie developer who hears the siren call from the platform holders to move up to the AAA "big leagues". Indie devs should not play in the AAA space in this day and age unless they are given the resources (or are already big enough) to compete at the AAA level. And that doesn't just mean delivering lots of "value", but also delivering a finished game quickly and in proscribed windows predetermined by publishers. That's a hard road to hoe even among huge seasoned development houses, let alone small indie devs working on a mostly indie-dev budget.

While I'm sure Hello Games will probably continue working on NMS for a while, thanks in large part to this big infusion of cash from week 1 sales, I could easily see a scenario where this is the last game they make as a studio. "From the developers that brought you Joe Danger" may not have meant a whole lot, but "From the Developers that brought you No Man's Sky" is not something this studio will probably never be able to escape, for better or (mostly) worse.

Things I've learned:

-Iron, carbon, plutonium, heridium and copper don't really need to be hoarded; they're everywhere.

-Thaimium, Platinum and Zinc are slightly less common, but also easy to find. May want to keep some Zinc on hand for space battles and what not. Also space is basically infinite Thaimium.

-Titanium is not rare at all; just cause trouble on a planet and kill some sentinels.

-Looking for other elements; the large round veins are time-wasting traps. Sure they look impressive, but even with the best mining equipment, it takes forever to get a decent amount from them. The best source of rare elements are the crystals. They break almost instantly and give well over a hundred units per crystal. Usually in caves, and if you can't find an entrance and you're close, may as well grenade your way there.

-Exosuit only really needs the jetpack and stamina mods; nothing hurts you enough to warrant additional protection, and with those mods, you can get away from anything that even looks at you the wrong way. Hazardous weather can be escaped by tunneling into a cave until it passes.

-With the mobility mods, go on a macguffin run if you land on a planet with exotic materials like Graviton Balls. Get one, run from the weak and slow sentinels, get another, and another, and so forth until you get to a base with one of those ship-calling posts.

I've got nothing on space combat since I keep avoiding it because it's so boring. A far better flight model, or at least the option for one, would fix a lot on that line. The hand-holdy nature is grating.

Once you get into space, thanium is actually the MOST common element, it's the vast majority of the asteroids you fly by. It's so common that I use it over anything else.

It's amazing. Makes the ship a submersible too!

This is how it should have launched, mah gawd. I get why they felt the need to hold us at a certain level, but at least give us the option.

I don't have a ship with a ton of space yet (only 22 slots) and I don't want to waste slots bulking up its shields and photon cannons to survive multiple pirate encounters, so what I've been doing is just targeting a clunker on planet as it flies by, shoot it down (it's never run to space so far), and then land somewhere before the sentinels send ships in to cancel the alert. Rinse and repeat.

Preferably one where your customers don't actively send you death threats or flood youtube/social media with hundreds of negative videos about your game.

There are hate videos regarding every conceivable thing under the sun now e.g.new flavors of potato chips, vacuum cleaners, pencil sharpeners, etc... So at some point it just comes with the territory of selling a product in 2016.

However this..

"From the Developers that brought you No Man's Sky" is not something this studio will probably never be able to escape, for better or (mostly) worse.

Is probably the most problematic for HG as a studio moving forward. I would like to think that would motivate them to flesh out an experience in NMS through future content updates that helps chip away at the negative association, rather than cash in their chips and move onto something else. But you're definitely right that it is something they are going to have to weather.

Found a very nice, cold, snowy planet, with trees that could be described as earth-like. Was a nice change from all the freaky shit I encountered up till now, although this planet also had its fair share of weird flora.

https://youtu.be/7JyWmIUofR8

Nice! I found my first snowy planet the other day as well, though the flora was going for more of a "palm tree and tentacles" kind of look haha I like that your planet seemed to have negligent fauna as well (I know it said "Lacking"), as it gives a much more desolate vibe; I'm finding I actually really enjoy coming up on planets & moons with next to nothing on it. Another thing was that the snow planet I was on had hardly any structures. No joke. I came cross one drop pod, probably 4 or 5 transmission beams, 3 shelters, 1 stockpile of platinum, and one station with a shop in it. That's it. I'm sure there were a fair more, but I walked for 20-30 minutes in one direction looking for animals and came across zero "?" markers, and only one shelter. Walked back, flew around more, and saw nothing. It was great.

BizzyBum

Journeying to the center of the galaxy is indeed kinda sucky.

They should have had a system where once you max every milestone you were given some sort of mission to acquire an omega warp drive which would allow you to travel like 50,000ly at a time.

At least this way people who've put a good amount of time in can reach the center in a much faster way if they want to while newcomers won't have access to the omega drive for some time so it works out.

Raist

Banned
Hmm. Nearest system discovered by someone else is 487ly away. Not too far all things considered. Maybe I should pay it a visit!

I just got that trophy the other day...

At first I was excited to be on an extremely toxic planet, as it was my first, then I hated the planet while grinding up to a 48 slot ship for hours. It was ugly, and barren and didn't have any really good naturally occurring resources (it did have callium or what ever it is...but I have no use for it), it was horrible. Once I reached the last hour or so I started to turn the corner on it though, I took a bunch of pictures because I was finally seeing the beauty the barrenness offered.

Then I realized Stockholm's Syndrome was very real, got my trophy and booked it.

What a grind.

I actually kind of enjoyed my 8 hours of staying on the same planet. It helped that I just idled the game for some of those hours while doing other things, but the times I was actively playing did feel a bit like trying to keep everything together and forage for whatever I could find. This was less because I had a hard time surviving (that was really easy after the first few minutes of "oh god everything is in the red"), and more because I had to spend all of that time on foot so I was just roughing it well away from my ship.

It's the kind of stuff that really does make me wish there were more strenuous survival situations, even if you can opt out of them at any time by leaving the planet or whatever. Maybe this would get tired real quick, but I would've loved the idea of your ship getting shot down or damaged in an electrical storm upon hitting atmo, and having to get the stuff you needed to repair the ship after a crash landing.

Things I've learned:

I agree with most of this, but I'd say you pretty much need the hazard protection upgrades if you're on a planet with extreme heat/cold/radiation/toxicity. The meter ticks down so fast even outside of a storm if you try to do without.

mokeyjoe

There are hate videos regarding every conceivable thing under the sun now e.g.new flavors of potato chips, vacuum cleaners, pencil sharpeners, etc... So at some point it just comes with the territory of selling a product in 2016.

However this..

Is probably the most problematic for HG as a studio moving forward. I would like to think that would motivate them to flesh out an experience in NMS through future content updates that helps chip away at the negative association, rather than cash in their chips and move onto something else. But you're definitely right that it is something they are going to have to weather.

Meh. A price drop and a decent stream of content will do wonders. And despite the very loud hate train, a lot of people are still enjoying it.

As a chemist I can tell you that that compound is not of this Earth

Nice, thanks for the scientific analysis!

I also hope No Man's Sky serves as a very potent cautionary tale for any future indie developer who hears the siren call from the platform holders to move up to the AAA "big leagues". Indie devs should not play in the AAA space in this day and age unless they are given the resources (or are already big enough) to compete at the AAA level. And that doesn't just mean delivering lots of "value", but also delivering a finished game quickly and in proscribed windows predetermined by publishers. That's a hard road to hoe even among huge seasoned development houses, let alone small indie devs working on a mostly indie-dev budget.

Yeah, I really empathize with the team, as people, because they have to be so burned out after four years of development, and now to have an ongoing internet hate storm against them as they try to move forward with fixing bugs and adding new content.

But I'm not sure I agree with your 'siren call' sentiments. Sean used Joe Danger profits along with taking out loans to fund development of this game. I question whether Hello could have made this game without the marketing provided by Sony, because that gave them a critical mass of attention and thus sales that likely was out of reach for them otherwise. Sales that they needed to pay off loans and make a net profit. I think it also comes down to speculation, as we don't know and may never know if Sony demanded NMS come out now, and/or whether they forced Sean to change the game to appeal to a broader audience. Ultimately though it was Sean's choice to show the game at VGX so early in development, it was his choice to show the game at Sony's E3 keynote, and his choice to accept a publishing deal with Sony. He could have gone the Kickstarter route but did not. And given NMS's unique gameplay and tech, I'm not sure there's any one size fits all lesson here for indies. NMS was an incredibly, almost stupidly ambitious game and that put extreme pressures on Hello on top of the usual game dev difficulties.

Where can you buy Dynamic Resonators? The ship I found needs one, and nowhere on the planet seems to sell them. And I don't have a blueprint for it :/

I can't possibly imagine what Hello Games is feeling right now. Sure they're professionals, but they are still human. To release the thing you've been toiling over for years only to have the internet absolutely SHIT all over it, almost incessantly for literal weeks after it's released into the world is an almost impossible burden to carry. Sure there are some reasons for there to be valid criticism, and decisions made by a somewhat inexperienced developer (in managing PR) have more than bit them in the ass. But you can only soldier on and keep grinding under that pressure for so long before you say "screw it" and move on to another employment opportunity. Preferably one where your customers don't actively send you death threats or flood youtube/social media with hundreds of negative videos about your game.

Do NOT go into the newest thread then (it starts with "Previously Recorded"). The children of GameFAQs' most notorious trolls are literally throwing themselves a party at the latest NMS bashing video on YouTube, patting each other on the backs and wiping away tears of laughter at how clever they all are.

For me, I love the game. Yeah, it has flaws. Yeah, some things mentioned in previews and interviews didn't make it into the game. But I do NOT want to live in a world where a game like No Man's Sky doesn't exist. I don't want Indie devs to look at the beating Hello Games is getting right now and hold back from doing something different and creative. I don't want Indie devs to only make safe, cookie-cutter games and litter the online stores with derivative, cheap clones of popular franchises for years to come. I want them to take chances like this, use new tech, invent new games and let their imaginations run wild.

The people storming the forums with pitchforks and spitballs are damaging their own industry by basically telling Indie devs not to dare try something new, because if you fail, we will beat you down mercilessly.

I'm almost at the point where I want to drop NeoGAF from my daily routine for the next few weeks until this hate and vitriol dies down. Seeing this many posts created each day tearing NMS to shreds is a bit overwhelming. Maybe Phil Spencer can do an interview tomorrow so everyone can have something new to talk about and fill page 1 with something different.

While I'm sure Hello Games will probably continue working on NMS for a while, thanks in large part to this big infusion of cash from week 1 sales, I could easily see a scenario where this is the last game they make as a studio. "From the developers that brought you Joe Danger" may not have meant a whole lot, but "From the Developers that brought you No Man's Sky" is not something this studio will probably never be able to escape, for better or (mostly) worse.

They may have just run out of money and had to ship it as is, out of necessity. Sean Murray did sell his house to fund it. I just think people jump to Sony pressuring a little too quickly. Either way I think everyone can agree it could've used more time in the oven and/or a better PR spokesman.

Top Bottom