• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

Crumpo

Having the same problem with copper-so frustrating! I am picking up heridium and aluminium like it's dirt but no copper or nickel :(

Oh well, guess I'll go asteroid hunting tonight.

There is like nothing in that article to suggest that new features are coming next week (I know that it's not you saying that it's even the article title). The two quotes they use say that they'll add new features once all the bugs are squished, and the second says that they're at like 70% squished and the remaining 30% should come in this week's patch. Logic would deduce that new features would start rolling out AFTER this week's patch.

Raist

Banned
OléGunner;214926927 said:
Ahh ok thanks!
So I should stumble on a deposit of it sooner or later then.

FYI, Nickel deposits look a bit like Heridium, just with red-ish hues instead of blue, and the top is generally rounded, not flat.

noomi

So far I've installed low flight, fast actions, busier space, and immersive space. It's made a massive difference for me, seems like these should have been included with the base game... well maybe not immersive space...

So good

Oh, i might leave NMS for a few days over the bank holidays and play Obduction instead. I'll return when the patch arrives but there again i've had so few issues and the game is really calming for me to play that i am torn. Hmmmm...

I've pulled down a couple of mods but i like rainbow space etc so i've left those alone but i'll give reseeding my ship a go at some point to see what craziness is available :)

My favourite new crush.

29138474741_133baa519a_o.png

29182690486_21a2c52374_o.png

28928790940_700f8e213d_o.png

It only had 28 cargo slots : ( I had to pass on it.

Planet Yorkshire

Planet has two names now :/ The crappy name given to it by me (GravBall-O-Rama >_<) and the name given to it (GravityBall Panic Run) by the system discoverer.

OuterLimits

Used my first black hole. It warped to me to other side of galaxy but only moved me 400 light years to the center. Lol. I had decided to get off the Atlas path but a new space anomaly was in the system I entered from black hole so now I decided to resume Atlas path.

The Vykeen at space station wanted my help building a nuclear warhead to use against a species.(assuming Gek since you need to be high rank with them to warn the planet) They need more stuff like this in the game, and for the decisions to have more impact on the factions. Would be cool if you truly could be allied with a certain faction if they were at war with another or something. Perhaps you would have an easier time in a Gek controlled solar system if you were on good terms. Or say you were hostile with one faction so they refuse to sell you their ships or make the prices super high for items.

My favourite new crush.

It only had 28 cargo slots : ( I had to pass on it.

There's only so many ship models per system, so you can hang around the space station until that one comes back and it'll likely have a different number of slots. Might have to wait a long time to find one with the number of slots you want, though.

There's only so many ship models per system, so you can hang around the space station until that one comes back and it'll likely have a different number of slots. Might have to wait a long time to find one with the number of slots you want, though.

Thank you for the tip. I did try that and all the er, fighter-like ships had <30 slots. That cream and gold number only appeared once in the 3 days I spent on the previous system! I'm not that far into the game systems wise, I think I'm only on my 4th or 5th system, so I hope a version of it makes a reappearance

Thank you for the tip. I did try that and all the er, fighter-like ships had <30 slots. That cream and gold number only appeared once in the 3 days I spent on the previous system! I'm not that far into the game systems wise, I think I'm only on my 4th or 5th system, so I hope a version of it makes a reappearance

ouch, how cruel of the game. sorry bout that.

ouch, how cruel of the game. sorry bout that.

xD I made it sound much worse than it was. Apologies. The cream and gold ship only appeared on my last day in the system. I did hope to see it again, but I'd spent so long farming grav balls that not even the chance of owning that ship could keep me there.

Oh hey, that's my ride. Slightly different colour.

Cool! Would love to see pics of it.

8bit

Knows the Score
Is there a recommended way to find crashed ships? Have maxed the tool & exosuit but my ship is a shoebox.

I tried to find a distress beacon on a transmission tower but it led me to an abandoned building instead.

As much fun as it is farming venom sacs it's going to get me killed.

Having the same problem with copper-so frustrating! I am picking up heridium and aluminium like it's dirt but no copper or nickel :(

Have found copper in space a few times, look for spiky rocks.

OuterLimits

A fair number of planets have those floating copper deposits on them. Nickel sometimes looks like the heredium towers. It seems every planet has some heridium, plutonium, carbon, and iron.

My pulse cannons seem to be broken now. It doesn't seem to aim accurately when firing at pirate ships. Also, my boltcaster doesn't work either. It says no ammo but has 100% charge. Going to uninstall it and rebuild it to see if that helps. Don't use it much anyway, mainly the laser and grenades. Unfortunately the photon cannon issue is more annoying, since I o refer that weapon on my ship.

The longer I play the more unstable my game is getting. I'm getting blueprints the game says I already have but I don't. Including the shield upgrades on my ship, which would be helpful. So now my ship has lousy shields and a cannon not working well. Fantastic.

Is there a recommended way to find crashed ships? Have maxed the tool & exosuit but my ship is a shoebox.

I tried to find a distress beacon on a transmission tower but it led me to an abandoned building instead.

I think you're getting confused between Transmission Towers and searching for Transmissions. A Transmission Tower is literally a red building icon that says "Transmission Tower", as apposed to searching for Transmissions via the red waypoints via a bypass chip.

I think Transmission searches are split between Beacons, Observatories and Transmission Towers, so just keep trying.

You need to be in a Gek system though, so you can exploit the bug that lets you reuse the same Transmission Tower to find all the crash sites.

Ridwald

As much fun as it is farming venom sacs it's going to get me killed.

Have found copper in space a few times, look for spiky rocks.

The fastest way to do that would be to use
the Gek Transmission tower glitch (i think it still works) in which you find a transmission tower and you can scan multiple times from the same building. At each scan it will find a new crashed ship and you can fill your map with ships to go to.

Another way (slowest), would be to search for all the transmission towers on your planet to get the locations of the crashed ships. With that method you can add some other buildings to visit, you may find ruins on the way there, it mixes the objectives a little bit.

T-0800

Just want to drop in to say I'm loving this game. I've avoided any review threads and I haven't read through this thread in case I stumble across discussion of reviews. I don't want anything to detract from enjoyment of the game. The impression I've picked up while trying to avoid everything is that reviews are probably mixed. Don't know.

I just enjoy landing on new planets having a look around refueling and off I go to the next one. Scratches an itch I never knew I had. Beautiful game too.

scraz

Is there a recommended way to find crashed ships? .

Make more then a few bypass chips. Fly to one of the many red glowy boxes. keep using bypass chips on the same box till transmission tower pops up. Go to the tower then to the crashed ship, verify it has one more inventory slot then yours then break down all the components on your ship and swap to your new cluncker. After that i would normally head to a new planet for each new ship but i did get to 30 slots on one planet. Thing that coast me the most time was not knowing you could use more then one bypass chips at a time.

8bit

Knows the Score
I think you're getting confused between Transmission Towers and searching for Transmissions. A Transmission Tower is literally a red building icon that says "Transmission Tower", as apposed to searching for Transmissions via the red waypoints via a bypass chip.

I think Transmission searches are split between Beacons, Observatories and Transmission Towers, so just keep trying.

You need to be in a Gek system though, so you can exploit the bug that lets you reuse the same Transmission Tower to find all the crash sites.

Ah, that would explain it. Wasn't paying close attention and was a bit puzzled. Thanks!

E92 M3

So far I've installed low flight, fast actions, busier space, and immersive space. It's made a massive difference for me, seems like these should have been included with the base game... well maybe not immersive space...

So good

Can you make some videos or pics?

curb

Banned
Finally got around to checking out the Gek transmission tower glitch. Went from 17 to 27 slots in an hour and that's on a planet that's not super rich in resources. It doesn't require a lot of Zinc but that element is hard to find on this planet. I'm going to Remote Play some ship grinding tonight while my wife watches Suits.

Just want to drop in to say I'm loving this game. I've avoided any review threads and I haven't read through this thread in case I stumble across discussion of reviews. I don't want anything to detract from enjoyment of the game. The impression I've picked up while trying to avoid everything is that reviews are probably mixed. Don't know.

I just enjoy landing on new planets having a look around refueling and off I go to the next one. Scratches an itch I never knew I had. Beautiful game too.

Wise. Stick to this thread and the Photo thread. All the rest, well... you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Wise. Stick to this thread and the Photo thread. All the rest, well... you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

I've just had a look and there's a new one popped up saying playerbase is down 90% or something. Yeah, i'll be staying the fuck away from that thread. I've just bought Obduction so i might play that for a few days, does that mean i've dropped NMS? Nope, it's going to be my chill out game that i play for a few hours a month when i need to unwind. I mean i'm 55 hours into the game and i'm only on my second system :D

noomi

Can you make some videos or pics?

Not mine, but here a video I found.

Immersive Space Mod: Youtube Video

- Makes space look more spacey.... but leaves some of the color and nebulae for eye candy. When you look at the sky at night you can actually see stars and darkness, and traveling in space looks cooler in my opinion.

There is another mod out there called Deep Space Mod. This removes all color and nebulae from space, also removes Depth of Field, Vignette, Chromatic Aberration, Scan Lines.... and some other graphic effects. Takes away too much in my opinion... but it does a similar job.

Once I get through Deus Ex, totally going to pick this up for PC again. (traded in the ps4 version after platinuming it)

The Mod community is coming through for this game and making it closer to a lasting and amazing experience.

Unrelated to the game itself but I attempted to contact our local PS Customer Support inspecting a possibility for a refund (not expecting much but still) but it also might just give me an opportunity to apply for a Customer Support job. Have call center experience and I imagine it isn't as stresful as those in other countries with a bigger install base. So I may end up thanking NMS after all.

guys here is one crazy idea regarding the portals.

Could it be that you can activate them from another dimension after you beat the game and go to another dimension? It could serve as a beidge between dimensions.

Would be cool if this is the case. If this would be it than don't forget you heard it first from Rikimaru82 :)

Dredd97

guys here is one crazy idea regarding the portals.

Could it be that you can activate them from another dimension after you beat the game and go to another dimension? It could serve as a beidge between dimensions.

Would be cool if this is the case. If this would be it than don't forget you heard it first from Rikimaru82 :)

Nice idea, but i think they don't work yet, as it was one of the things removed so they could actually ship the game (imho).. they'll be back in i'm sure :)

TyrantII

So my save file got corrupted yesterday.

Started the game and it went to the white start screen and initialize, instead of my 60hrs save file.

Luckily PSN backup saved me, but lost 6 hours of exploring and naming things.

So make sure you have cloud saves turned on!

Haunted

59k from center? Yeah, that does seem close. Didn't know that could happen. I spawned 173,000 from center and felt fortunate I was a few thousand closer than some who are start around 180,000.

I'm still about 170,000 because I have mainly been on Atlas path which is taking me basically sideways. I need to abandon it for awhile and start moving towards the center.
I double checked with her, and her starting system was 38k from the core. Unbelievable.

E92 M3

Not mine, but here a video I found.

Immersive Space Mod: Youtube Video

- Makes space look more spacey.... but leaves some of the color and nebulae for eye candy. When you look at the sky at night you can actually see stars and darkness, and traveling in space looks cooler in my opinion.

There is another mod out there called Deep Space Mod. This removes all color and nebulae from space, also removes Depth of Field, Vignette, Chromatic Aberration, Scan Lines.... and some other graphic effects. Takes away too much in my opinion... but it does a similar job.

That looks great. PC is really killing it with this game. I can't for someone to release "a realistic atmosphere" mod where entry takes as long as it does for Earth.

goonergaz

I found copper in some strange tall oval shapped black/tinted blue object floating above the ground.

Raist

Banned
Oh shit, I found Australia.

It's a barren wasteland and every single species is trying to turn me into their dinner. No offense OzGAF

LiK

Nope, grinding Ca in the middle of a storm. I did a lot of sols on an extreme ice planet before so no idea...
Counter just sits at 2.8 sols to go

you probably left the atmosphere by accident or left the planet entirely. that resets it and you'll need to start over. the counter doesn't reset. you'll just need to get there again.

Oh shit, I found Australia.

It's a barren wasteland and every single species is trying to turn me into their dinner. No offense OzGAF

The planet I'm still on isn't barren but it is RIFE with these angry little crab fuckers. Was chasing down some knowledge stones last night and stumbled into a group of 9-10 of them at once. Grenades everywhere.

daveo42

Banned
Is there any way to determine how much time you've spent on a specific extreme planet? Trying to get the trophy for extreme sols and I'm not sure how close I am to reaching my previous record from another planet.

Is there any way to determine how much time you've spent on a specific extreme planet? Trying to get the trophy for extreme sols and I'm not sure how close I am to reaching my previous record from another planet.

Not until you beat your previous time unfortunately. At least until they fix that Trophy.

You can save and come back as long as you stay on the surface of the planet.

Top Bottom