• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

Hahs

Once HG is satisfied with their patch work and start working on asset implementation, I would love to see a mechanic/add-on - where dependant upon starship size - the ability to craft/buy and store some sort of all terrain vehicles within them. Walking/running/boosting/boost-dashing is still a chore...this should've been another option from D1, IMO.

Finally came across an already discovered system. Then hit another on right after lol.

I definitely have hit systems discovered by other people. The ones I don't get though are the planets discovered by people in a system I just got to, but I'm the one credited with the discovery of. Or a system and planet I discover, but some of the flora and fauna on the planet is credited to someone else? Was it that they were offline when they discovered it, but I got their online first?

Science fiction.

Specifically in films like Avatar but lots more in books.

I love them. The sense of scale they add is pretty great. I love have a fully upgraded jetpack and floating up to them by blowing a hole in the side with my grenades and digging my way up, then base jumping off them and engaging my jetpack right at the last second to negate any damage (which is dumb but I love it).

somme

I'm guessing we're going to have to leave our freighters in space? and survey planets on our one-man ships.

So, I'm on a planet now that is filled with pearls and super hostile sentries, and I've loaded up. I've got 28 slots on my suit, I've upgraded my ship to one only slightly better than the DLC, and I have 3M units.

Keep farming, or keep moving? I kinda feel like I want to get to 10M before I give this planet up.

Been ship hunting today and finally settled for this 48-slotter. Really like the tie bomber wings on it.
This ship is going to be my home for a while and if I come across a ship I like better I'll downgrade and find a 48 slot version of it. (That's possible isn't it?)

VTOxL4i.jpg

AYLjL1p.jpg

aGutZHM.jpg

Been ship hunting today and finally settled for this 48-slotter. Really like the tie bomber wings on it.

VTOxL4i.jpg

Yeah I really like how that config looks. Would've been rad if one of the available ships hulls was orb-shaped, so you had a chance of getting something close to a TIE Bomber, though that might be flying too close to Disney's litigious sun

mokeyjoe

I definitely have hit systems discovered by other people. The ones I don't get though are the planets discovered by people in a system I just got to, but I'm the one credited with the discovery of. Or a system and planet I discover, but some of the flora and fauna on the planet is credited to someone else? Was it that they were offline when they discovered it, but I got their online first?

It seems weird but you can discover things without uploading them. So if they uploaded the planets but forgot to upload the system then it won't show as discovered by them to anyone else.

I've got dozens of systems I haven't uploaded. Presumably someone could sweep in and get to name it.

Patchy

Banned
So, I'm on a planet now that is filled with pearls and super hostile sentries, and I've loaded up. I've got 28 slots on my suit, I've upgraded my ship to one only slightly better than the DLC, and I have 3M units.

Keep farming, or keep moving? I kinda feel like I want to get to 10M before I give this planet up.

I farmed a cube planet for a few days that also had a huge amount of drop pods. The result is a 48 slot suit, 25 million units and a 38 slot ship.

Stay!

Raist

Banned
Probably gonna stream on twitch for a bit soon. Yesterday was good fun.
What will I do? Dunno, not sure what we're supposed to do in this game.
Nothing spoilerish, fiinshed the Atlas path a while ago and I'm nowhere near the center. Unless you consider seeing new landscapes etc a spoiler.

Anyway, I think the bounty hunter "quests" aren't working. Unless I'm missing something.

HoodWinked

So I just spent 4 hours mining Emeril on a planet that was ripe with it and sleepy Sentinels. Goto my next system and find a planet full of Vortex Cubes!!!

Those babies sell for 22,000 units each!

275850_20160825141200_1.png

Sentinels go crazy when I pick one up, but I can easily grab 5-8 of them at a time, jump in my ship, fly to a new easy picking areas and repeat!

deconstruct a beam impact theta you will get back 1 vortex cube but this cube is special since its glitched and lets you stack 100 vortex cubes on one slot. put that special cube in your exosuit inventory and run around and pick up vortex cubes. its funny cause i found this on my own through regular play while farming ships also works on alot of different items as well as long as you get that item from deconstructing something.

So I just spent 4 hours mining Emeril on a planet that was ripe with it and sleepy Sentinels. Goto my next system and find a planet full of Vortex Cubes!!!

Those babies sell for 22,000 units each!

275850_20160825141200_1.png

Sentinels go crazy when I pick one up, but I can easily grab 5-8 of them at a time, jump in my ship, fly to a new easy picking areas and repeat!

A thing I learned to avoid sentinels is to pick up cubes in caves/canyons. They don't look like the above ground ones (they look more like their picture in the inventory), but they're just as good and conflict-free!

Once HG is satisfied with their patch work and start working on asset implementation, I would love to see a mechanic/add-on - where dependant upon starship size - the ability to craft/buy and store some sort of all terrain vehicles within them. Walking/running/boosting/boost-dashing is still a chore...this should've been another option from D1, IMO.
The artbook shows a kind of ATV next to the player character in one of the concept arts.

But 14 people with such a huge game, some things had to take a back seat.

Patch tomorrow? They said one would be out this week.

Not sure of they work weekends.

Wouldn't be surprised if they're doing pretty long shifts these days.

Hopefully I get a little more time to play tonight! I installed the low flight mod, what a blessing that is. Had to go to sleep really early tho :(

Raist

Banned
Speaking of Jarvis, I saw some people on youtube have a male voice. No idea how they got that, as I don't see any option anywhere. Or is that a PC thing?

Wouldn't be surprised if they're doing pretty long shifts these days.

Hopefully I get a little more time to play tonight! I installed the low flight mod, what a blessing that is. Had to go to sleep really early tho :(

I'd be surprised if any of them functions without coffee and 10 cigarette breaks per day. Their takeaway now is probably "we need more fucking people". Wouldn't want to be in their shoes but they kinda put themselves there.

I said something similar before but I wouldn't be at all surprised if an FFXIV:ARR scenario happens fo NMS. Sean Murray steps down as game director, the team expands and patches/reinvents the game to hell and back to get it to what it's supposed to be.

Speaking of Jarvis, I saw some people on youtube have a male voice. No idea how they got that, as I don't see any option anywhere. Or is that a PC thing?

Yeah, it's a PC thing. There's a bunch of pre-made mods and a guide to making your own custom voice pack on the mod sites.

Fisty

Going for the Extreme Survival gold trophy legit is very satisfying. My planet is extremely cold, tons of aggressive wildlife, hostile sentries, and the planet just happens to be littered with Gravitino Balls. Doing a mad dash from aggro'd sentinels while swiping balls, managing stamina/jetpack/hazard suit/life support/multi-tool, desperately searching for a trading post... all while 45 minutes from your ship. Im about halfway to the trophy but it is excellent.

Decided to give this game a last chance and try to get the recipe for the atlas pass v2. For three times in a row I went to a location, made sure to explore it and saved at the "pole" in order to have that marked as discovered. Then searched through the location's beacon for a colonial outpost and got in return the same place I was in. The game even trolled me and said "you discovered this 1 minute ago".

This game was heartbreaking to unravel and find nothing inside, honestly a depressing experience. What a mess.

Fisty

Few questions:

A. Best method for aquiring multi-tool upgrades? Its been very hit or miss, and the most reliable method ive found is finding a random beacon (tall thin radio tower thing, not the beam of light beacon) that will lead to a trading post with a multitool thing on the wall. Is this the most efficient method?

B. Is there a way to see how fast a ship is? I ended up getting a 48 slot ship but it tops out around 150u in atmosphere, and i gave up a 47 slot that went like 240u. Do the upgrades for pulse engine affect base speed or just fuel consumption when using L1+R1?

C. Goddamn Atlas Passes lol. Seriously ive been to probably 100 manufacturing facilities and Operations centres

Poetaster

Banned
I do love the game but the amount of crashes I've had really sucks. I counted them in the error history on my PS4 and I've had 81 crashes since launch.

Raist

Banned
Few questions:

A. Best method for aquiring multi-tool upgrades? Its been very hit or miss, and the most reliable method ive found is finding a random beacon (tall thin radio tower thing, not the beam of light beacon) that will lead to a trading post with a multitool thing on the wall. Is this the most efficient method?

B. Is there a way to see how fast a ship is? I ended up getting a 48 slot ship but it tops out around 150u in atmosphere, and i gave up a 47 slot that went like 240u. Do the upgrades for pulse engine affect base speed or just fuel consumption when using L1+R1?

C. Goddamn Atlas Passes lol. Seriously ive been to probably 100 manufacturing facilities and Operations centres

A. They're generally always at trading posts.

B. Not that I know of. Gotta give it a spin I'm afraid.

C. There's an "easier" way to get them. Not sure how far you're into the game though.

edit: heh, just got a v2 without trying. TBH I'm not too bothered about these.

Poetaster

Banned
Damn, that is really bad. I must be lucky, the game's only crashed for me once in my ~ 20 hours.
Yeah it blows, a lot of them are repeat crashes of something like crashing every time I'd try to warp. A bunch happened when bringing up the pause menu or inventory as well. Though overall the crashes are down since the last 2 patches, I'll still get at least one every play session.

Raist

Banned
Damnit, for a second I thought I found a binary star system. But it's just two systems right next to each other (2ly).

1y9uwu.png

mokeyjoe

I've just found my first portal. They're still dead right? No new ideas about activating them?

It's an extreme radioactive planet so I might stick around a bit anyway and get the milestone.

Raist

Banned
Please do tell...
Ive completed the Atlas quest with the 10 stones,
i got v1 pass but no luck with 2 or 3

Just do your stuff, you'll
bump into Nad and Polo fairly frequently. I've visited them about 10 times so far and got the v1 and v2 from them

I think it's much less irritating than grinding for it.

Pons

Neo Member
Ok I just left my first
meeting with Nad and Polo and got my Atlas Pass v1
when I go to my galaxy map there is a purple line path and a blue line path
that both lead to Atlas Anomolies after many warp jumps, is there a difference?
. I just don't understand what the difference might be, I am trying to stay
on the Atlas Path

mario_O

Landed on a desolate planet, and I was about to go when I saw a weird plant: you can open it and it has a rare pearl inside. And you can sell each one of those for 30.000u. The planet has nothing but these plants scattered everywhere. Elite sentinels will hunt you every time you pick one up, no biggie though. I made 3.000.000 units in one hour half of farming and bought 26 slot ship. Finally I new ship.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah about Atlus passes
You're supposed to get all 3 from Nada and Polo not grind them out. You can actually grind all three out without ever visiting them but I don't recommend grinding in this game. I saw someone get v1 yesterday without ever leaving their first system but it took forever. The only thing is I have no idea how to get Nada and Polo to show up reliably/frequently, seems random.

BizzyBum

Ok I just left my first
meeting with Nad and Polo and got my Atlas Pass v1
when I go to my galaxy map there is a purple line path and a blue line path
that both lead to Atlas Anomolies after many warp jumps, is there a difference?
. I just don't understand what the difference might be, I am trying to stay
on the Atlas Path

No difference, you can follow either path.

Raist

Banned
Well, been trying to find the last species on a toxic planet for a while. I give up. Maybe someone, somewhere, one day will find it.

BizzyBum

41 hours in. The lack of a v2 Atlas Pass is slowly eating away at my sanity.

It's honestly not worth it.

If you really really want it you're gonna have to grind Korvax Operation Centre's. Polo might give you one inside the Space Anomaly station for completing milestones but that takes longer.

Top Bottom