• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

v2402X.gif

that was close.

You missed a chance of r40x of titanium ..are you sure you want to survive in those harsh conditions ?

mokeyjoe

Today just watched the movie Oblivion, and the movie have ALOT of things that probably Hello Games took inspiration from, the explorer ships are defenetly one of the things they took inspiration from this movie.

Also the end of the movie resemble alot with some things you see when u follow the Atlas Path and some spacestations

The sentinels remind me of the robots in Oblivion too.

Mossybrew

Found this odd and pretty cool looking Multi-Tool, never seen anything remotely like it. Unfortunately it had fewer slots or I would have grabbed it.

AnsiXZG.png

Poyunch

Found this odd and pretty cool looking Multi-Tool, never seen anything remotely like it. Unfortunately it had fewer slots or I would have grabbed it.

AnsiXZG.png
Dude that's cool. I got an early 24 slot and had already upgraded it so like any new gun sucks in comparison even though I'm bored of my multitool.

Poetaster

Banned

AnsiXZG.png
Those are cool, sucks that it seems to only have 23 slots max. There is another larger organic looking gun that can have 24 though.

BizzyBum

The only blueprint I still need is the alloy Terumin. What would potentially have this, manufacturing facilities right?

r1chard

Today just watched the movie Oblivion, and the movie have ALOT of things that probably Hello Games took inspiration from, the explorer ships are defenetly one of the things they took inspiration from this movie.

Also the end of the movie resemble alot with some things you see when u follow the Atlas Path and some spacestations
Definitely agree. Oblivion has some of my favourite visual design - even if not necessarily any other aspect ;-) - of recent sci-fi film.

Edit: oh, man, the low-flight mod now does hovering. Urge to double-buy PC version rising...

Are "forsaken planets" the same thing as "low atmosphere planets"?
(The name only comes up when you land for the first time and isn't mentioned anywhere else)

The look the same, have no storms and no life and my life support is dropping much faster (which a popup explained to be the extra strain for the low atmosphere planets, didn't get such a message for the forsaken ones). On the other hand there is water here so i don't know.

They seem to use different adjectives for the same thing like Sentinel behavior which is really annoying.

Bold One

Why are some people so eager to rush to the centre?

A voyage among the stars takes eons and is best savoured, at least give yourself some buffer time for HG to add more shit.

Has anyone else noticed that Polo changes everytime you see him?

Here is 3 screenshots I've took over today when I came across him 3 times. One during my live stream. His jacket also changes color and funny enough there the same colors as the different color stars Yellow, Green and White. Have yet to see a red jacket yet.

6OS0R3w.jpg

gg4ovZW.jpg

RPZopU6.jpg

mokeyjoe

Has anyone else noticed that Polo changes everytime you see him?

Here is 3 screenshots I've took over today when I came across him 3 times. One during my live stream. His jacket also changes color and funny enough there the same colors as the different color stars Yellow, Green and White. Have yet to see a red jacket yet.

Lol, hadn't noticed. Maybe Gek have a chameleon thing going on :p

mokeyjoe

I'd say I've played close to 30-40 hours and I still just have two Atlas stones.

I didn't start the Atlas path until about 30 hours in. By which point I had a Theta drive and could just jump between stations. Had I not stopped off I could have probably completed the whole path in half an hour.

Rush to the center to be disappointed, or needlessly drag on the pathetic hope that there is actual gameplay, outside of inventory management, hiding just around the corner? I'm not self-loathing so I just stopped playing.

So you're saying all of us who enjoy NMS are simply self-loathing? I think you took a wrong turn at Albuquerque, the shitpost convention is at that other NMS thread over there.

Why are some people so eager to rush to the centre?

A voyage among the stars takes eons and is best savoured, at least give yourself some buffer time for HG to add more shit.

I'm with you, but some people need objectives to play, and to be fair there aren't many objectives in the game that haven't already worn out their welcome. This is why I think Hello's top feature priority should be adding dynamic missions and not things like base building. Base building satisfies people who are already happy with self-directed messing about in NMS, but the missions would add goals for people who need goals. Because the last thing I want is for the player base to dwindle because the game is too focused on one type of player.

Loudninja

So you're saying all of us who enjoy NMS are simply self-loathing? I think you took a wrong turn at Albuquerque, the shitpost convention is at that other NMS thread over there.

I'm with you, but some people need objectives to play, and to be fair there aren't many objectives in the game that haven't already worn out their welcome. This is why I think Hello's top feature priority should be adding dynamic missions and not things like base building. Base building satisfies people who are already happy with self-directed messing about in NMS, but the missions would add goals for people who need goals. Because the last thing I want is for the player base to dwindle because the game is too focused on one type of player.
I want some taxi mission taking lain bros to other planets and systems lol.

Finally maxed out my ship , took forever on a shitty weather planet with angry sentinels and grav balls everywhere.

Then I get to the station and checkout this ship . Holy crap that's the most expensive ship I've seen

R1jz66T.jpg

Ugh, 13.4 sols and I died. Those robot dogs are no joke if they get the high ground.

It's frustrating being in caves as well, they'll just show up like they were beamed right behind you. Or glitch through the ceiling.

I guess I'll just bore myself on a hot or cold planet instead.

vpance

Warped to a green system and found Pandora, complete with dense jungles, floating islands and water all around. Damn it's pretty. No fauna though.

Unai

I took this screenshot today and liked it so much! I was lucky because I just had restarted the game with an anti aliasing much more demanding than I usually use, and also I had turned off the hud. So I'm in this perfect place where those two space ships pass flying righ in front of me! Wow. I wish that people who see this screenshot could also hear the sound track that was playing right this moment.

Man, this game... This fucking game!

G-Bus

Banned
Finally jumped back in after being too busy for anything the last week or two.

My jaw still drops at times given the scenery and I'm still in aw approaching planet's at times.

Getting a bit dull at this point. Find myself doing less exploring and just hopping solar system to solar system hoping to come by something cool and new.

emb

Are multitools all the same (aside from look & # of slots)?

I'm seeing the partial circles around each weapon type, but as far as I can tell it seems like that's based on what upgrades are installed?

Are multitools all the same (aside from look & # of slots)?

I'm seeing the partial circles around each weapon type, but as far as I can tell it seems like that's based on what upgrades are installed?

Upgrades are the things that will push those circles along, so there isn't a MT with better stock stats however, MT slot placement is important since you want to get similar upgrades placed next to one another so there definitely is a bit of strategy in selecting a new MT, beyond simply # of slots and cosmetics.

BizzyBum

I just got this one from a manufacting facility.

Okay, thanks.

Korvax and Gek language learned. Just have Vykeen and Atlas words to go. Once I do that and acquire that Terumin blueprint I think I'm completely out of things to do besides regular exploring.

Poyunch

This planet has herds of these things. They're hilarious and I literally exclaimed "Oh My God!" as soon as I came up on them.

One by themselves is funny but seeing all of them waddling together like they were some kind of gnome society is just too hilarious for me to handle.

Okay, thanks.

Korvax and Gek language learned. Just have Vykeen and Atlas words to go. Once I do that and acquire that Terumin blueprint I think I'm completely out of things to do besides regular exploring.

Where do you get Atlas words from, only at the inactive portals?

Are you searching knowledge stones or talk to aliens btw? Currently thinking about grinding it, the Gek in front of me gives me a new word and then Carbon alternately so I don't even have to leave the room...

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
This planet has herds of these things. They're hilarious and I literally exclaimed "Oh My God!" as soon as I came up on them.

One by themselves is funny but seeing all of them waddling together like they were some kind of gnome society is just too hilarious for me to handle.

Haha the whole herd of them is amazing.

BizzyBum

Where do you get Atlas words from, only at the inactive portals?

Are you searching knowledge stones or talk to aliens btw? Currently thinking about grinding it, the Gek in front of me gives me a new word and then Carbon alternately so I don't even have to leave the room...

Atlas words are learned from Monoliths, the one where you have to choose the right answer. Plaques are faction specific and just give you a new word and some lore.

I've just been searching knowledge stones while going from monolith to monolith. The Atlas language is kinda pointless now because the only time it's used is during the quest, so if you finished the quest already there's really no need to learn it. Maybe a future update will make learning languages a little more worthwhile.

OuterLimits

After noticing much better performance since the patches, my game has crashed twice on PS4 in the last hour. Frustrating. One while walking on a planet, and another while flying over a different planet in system.

Slay

AnsiXZG.png

Here is mine, i really have no reason at all to change it for a 24-slot one. It's cool looking, and the mining laser vaporizes resources,sentinels,doors with ease.

14115548_949551861822096_551367623697959257_o.jpg

Unai

It seems that the timer does not reset anymore in extreme condition planets. I just got into one extreme hot planet and less that two minutes later I've got another mark (or whatever they called it in English).

Poetaster

Banned
Played the game for a good 40 hours and never seen a crashed ship
They are tough to spot out in the wild. If you have yet to see one then I'm guessing you haven't tried transmission towers. They're the buildings with antennas on top of them, you'll get a waypoint to a crashed ship. Each of the races have a different looking antenna so it'll vary depending on the system.

It seems that the timer does not reset anymore in extreme condition planets. I just got into one extreme hot planet and less that two minutes later I've got another mark (or whatever they called it in English).

On PS4? That would be great. As much as I like exploring, I don't want to stay on one planet for approximately 8 hours to grind out the trophy.

Oh really? I just realized that this milestone is glitched a few days ago in this thread when i was wondering why it seemingly won't go up again.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
After noticing much better performance since the patches, my game has crashed twice on PS4 in the last hour. Frustrating. One while walking on a planet, and another while flying over a different planet in system.
Mine hasn't crashed since 1.04. And that's a repeatable one one I know how to avoid. (Game would crash if I cancelled out of the discovery menu before it finished loading.)

Unai

On PS4? That would be great. As much as I like exploring, I don't want to stay on one planet for approximately 8 hours to grind out the trophy.

Oh really? I just realized that this milestone is glitched a few days ago in this thread when i was wondering why it seemingly won't go up again.

Sorry, I'm on PC in the latest experimental patch. It's probably going to be in the next stable patch for ps4 and PC. Beware that the Gek Transmission tower glitch also doesn't work anymore, so if you want to use to get some better ships now it's the time.

KDR_11k

So I didn't have all ten Atlas Stones when the Atlas wanted them back (they took up too much room so I sold a bunch off), can I sell off the rest now or is there some point to keeping them still?

Raist

Banned
Where the hell do you find iridium? Need it for a bunch of starship fixes and can't find it for sale or out in the wild anywhere .

Either asteroids, or deposits that look like arches on planets. Like any other mid-tier stuff, it's not necessarily on every planet, or even system though.

daxy

Where the hell do you find iridium? Need it for a bunch of starship fixes and can't find it for sale or out in the wild anywhere .

Typically on red flowers out in the open. They're very distinct once you learn to recognize them. I think I've also gotten it elsewhere, but I can't remember where.

Top Bottom