• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

belvedere

Junior Butler
I spent the better part of this week entirely on the same planet. It was a Gek planet so I was able to grind out to a 48 slot ship. Now I'm where some of you were and in search of the perfect ship. I found a pretty awesome Tie Bomber looking ship, but it's part yellow. EWW.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
1.07 patch on PS4 seems to have made my pop in worse, removed the duplicate item glitch and stopped planets with no fauna bring scanned as 100% indexed.

Unless the patch has also fixed the extreme survival tracking, all this patch has done is made the game considerably less enjoyable for those that have stuck with it.

pots555

As I said before I really have a lot of hours into the game and I can tell you that as much as I like the game (I hadn't godlike expectations I was pretty realistic about an indie studio producing a game like that), there is no really HUGE animals or mountains or abyss... I was telling myself the same thing 1h ago, after more than 120h into the game I still didn't find any big mountain, the biggest mountain I've seen takes maybe 3 minutes to climb... And under the sea it's worst. It's a dissapointing thing for me since at least I expected that. About animals I haven't seen anything taller than 3 or 4 meters high (sorry I dunno anything about inches...), so it's like the double of the size of a basketball player at max(pretty cool comparison point right? :D).

Thanks for your comment. I did not have huge expectations myself but at least some novelty from time to time...

E92 M3

1.07 patch on PS4 seems to have made my pop in worse, removed the duplicate item glitch and stopped planets with no fauna bring scanned as 100% indexed.

Unless the patch has also fixed the extreme survival tracking, all this patch has done is made the game considerably less enjoyable for those that have stuck with it.

Ah at least I know I wasn't going crazy - it made pop-in worse for me as well. What have you tried to resolve it?

Grass just pops up as I walk. It's really unfortunate - was having a lot of fun with the game.

mokeyjoe

Pop in is definitely better for me. Weird.

Also the framerate is more consistent.

I did do a database rebuild a couple of patches ago, and every patch I've done since then has improved things. I have no idea if this really helps or not, but it might be worth a go, it only takes 3 mins.

Raist

Banned
Holy shit. I just spent two hours on a fucking barren rock (pretty much no plants, even the zinc/health ones are super rare etc. It's just a fucking big rock), purely because it had a shitload of monoliths and plaques. I think I've been through the whole Vy'keen storyline now.

I just found out it's got a gigantic cave network. Much bigger than anything I've seen. And it's got underground "lakes".

Saganator

Holy shit. I just spent two hours on a fucking barren rock (pretty much no plants, even the zinc/health ones are super rare etc. It's just a fucking big rock), purely because it had a shitload of monoliths and plaques. I think I've been through the whole Vy'keen storyline now.

I just found out it's got a gigantic cave network. Much bigger than anything I've seen. And it's got underground "lakes".

OjA8pZ2.gif

Ah at least I know I wasn't going crazy - it made pop-in worse for me as well. What have you tried to resolve it?

Grass just pops up as I walk. It's really unfortunate - was having a lot of fun with the game.

I did do a database rebuild a couple of patches ago, and every patch I've done since then has improved things. I have no idea if this really helps or not, but it might be worth a go, it only takes 3 mins.

I wish we could get to the bottom of why people are having such different experiences with the updates.

I haven't rebuilt the PS4 database since right before Uncharted 4 launched. After I delete a lot of data, or after a lot of downloading/patching I do rebuild, but since I do it every now and then, and have a ton of free space left maybe it helps? As stated above I would try, it can't hurt.

mokeyjoe

I wish we could get to the bottom of why people are having such different experiences with the updates.

I haven't rebuilt the PS4 database since right before Uncharted 4 launched. After I delete a lot of data, or after a lot of downloading/patching I do rebuild, but since I do it every now and then, and have a ton of free space left maybe it helps? As stated above I would try, it can't hurt.

Also I'm on a digital version. Don't know if that makes a difference. :/

Perhaps you can reinstall too? Just trying to think of things.

E92 M3

I will try that because this patch kinda ruined the game for me. I hate pop-in and would rather deal with crashing.

shiftplays

Neo Member

The patch killed my drive to platinum it with the no fauna change. Also when generating cold planets, my frame rate is tanking. Other planets don't seem to be an issue, but every cold one turns into a slideshow.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood

Yeah exact same for me literally as I walk towards an area the top texture pops in and is completely different than that I thought it was. I bought it direct off PSN so don't think I can go back to 1.05 which was the best for me. I may try to rebuild my DB see if that does anything.

There only plus side is that people are saying they've fixed the extreme condition tracking which is great because I didn't fancy 10hrs of grinding unnaturally to get that trophy, just annoyed that most of my progress towards that so far has effectively been pointless.

E92 M3

Yeah exact same for me literally as I walk towards an area the top texture pops in and is completely different than that I thought it was. I bought it direct off PSN so don't think I can go back to 1.05 which was the best for me. I may try to rebuild my DB see if that does anything.

There only plus side is that people are saying they've fixed the extreme condition tracking which is great because I didn't fancy 10hrs of grinding unnaturally to get that trophy, just annoyed that most of my progress towards that so far has effectively been pointless.

I rebuilt the database and grass 1 foot ahead of me pops-in. It's unplayable for me. Worst version of the game yet.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
The only other thing I can think of is that I installed a 2TB HDD in my ps4, it's performance (in theory) is the same as the stock drive (5400 rpm). However maybe performance degrades as so much data is on the drive (I've used 1.5TB).

OuterLimits

Has anyone had the issue of the spaceship slowing down like it is stuck in glue? Lately I hit spots where the speed dips to 8 or 9 and I have to pulse to get the speed back up. Just flying on planets btw. It was happening before latest patch though. Last several days.

Has anyone had the issue of the spaceship slowing down like it is stuck in glue? Lately I hit spots where the speed dips to 8 or 9 and I have to pulse to get the speed back up. Just flying on planets btw. It was happening before latest patch though. Last several days.

Yesterday was horrible for this. I've had it today as well. I get it most often when diving down on a building.

E92 M3

Yes save files are stored in other place, it will just delete the game + patches. So if anything whent wrong when u installed the last patch, a reinstall hopefully will fix it.

Hopefully it's that and not something with my save bugging the patch, because everything else is great.

I'd trade crashing for pop-in fix any day of the week.

mulac

Trying for the Platinum and its so seriously tedious.

Thinking of just parking it and waiting for patches and dlc to fix everything on ps4.

E92 M3

Weight is a function of gravity and since they don't tell us that number, weight could be anything lol.

Now if they used mass, that would be a lot more funnier.

Fatal Error

Neo Member
Lol i love how random is the weight of creatures. That moth only had 30cm and the weight was 50kl lol
Damn alien moths are heavy.

even the height is random, I found two creatures where one is double the size of the other yet it says they are of the same height, even these moths don't look like they are 30 cm tall.

Exuro

I spent the better part of this week entirely on the same planet. It was a Gek planet so I was able to grind out to a 48 slot ship. Now I'm where some of you were and in search of the perfect ship. I found a pretty awesome Tie Bomber looking ship, but it's part yellow. EWW.
Yeah I found this guy that feels like a weird star wars mish mash of ships, and I'm pretty happy with it.

E92 M3

even the height is random, I found two creatures where one is double the size of the other yet it says they are of the same height, even these moths don't look like they are 30 cm tall.

Yeah, but just trying to salvage as much as possible :p

Either way, I am very saddened by the fact that this awesome update broke something in my game. The pop-in is just atrocious now...grass and flowers just appearing right in front of my nose.

I for one am glad about that NMS refund thread and hope everyone who wants a refund will be able to get their refund. Then maybe they can finally stfu about their hatred for NMS so we can just finally enjoy this game in peace.

I for one am glad about that NMS refund thread and hope everyone who wants a refund will be able to get their refund. Then maybe they can finally stfu about their hatred for NMS so we can just finally enjoy this game in peace.

Yeah, despite my favourable experiences so far (except for the many, many, many crashes I had at the beginning, and still occasionally get now), I do think No Man's Sky is perhaps the one game that should have a great deal of latitude regarding refunds. Not just because the game takes a while to unfold, but also because a lot of crashes didn't show up for people until 10+ hours in.

neoism

Yes.

Here's a list of changes (non-official, but I'm fairly confident it's accurate, please correct me if I'm wrong):

- Extreme ticker thing doesn't reset

- Scanning is faster

- Some actions are faster (crafting, transfer for instance) while others, likely more "sensitive" are still the same (discarding, selling)

- flying creatures are now easy to scan

- weight/height typo fixed

- LOD issues / pop in reduced

- Gek tower glitch fixed

- Uploading planets with no animals fixed

Can't say if the game crashes less, I've had 3 total, all during hyperdrive warps, and none ever since patch 1.04.

😎

that refund thread is sad af

Just clicked into that thread and I wish I hadn't. Some people...

On topic though, I have a question about the Atlas path. Do I have to visit absolutely every system in the path to these Atlas stations or can I just warp straight to where they are?

mokeyjoe

Just clicked into that thread and I wish I hadn't. Some people...

On topic though, I have a question about the Atlas path. Do I have to visit absolutely every system in the path to these Atlas stations or can I just warp straight to where they are?

You can warp straight to the stations. If you have a decent warp drive you can do it super quickly.

Came across the most beautiful moon yet on my run tonight. Grass, tress, small ponds and rivers, and an amazing view of its planet above. Nice and cold, too, but no snow. I really need to get all my screenshots off my PS4.

mokeyjoe

Came across the most beautiful moon yet on my run tonight. Grass, tress, small ponds and rivers, and an amazing view of its planet above. Nice and cold, too, but no snow. I really need to get all my screenshots off my PS4.

The PS4 is so slow moving stuff onto USB. I have no idea why, lol.

I wish you could share straight to imgur or photobucket or something.

BizzyBum

People spending 50 hours with the game, and then asking for a refund. That's just bullshit.

Someone on Reddit says a user got a refund at 72 hours. I agree that's a little extreme. If I was a dev and someone played my game for 72 hours then got a full refund I'd be pissed.

Enforcer

I don't know if this is a result of the most recent patch since I hadn't played in a few days, but when I loaded my save on the PS4, I found myself stuck inside the floor of one of those trading platforms on a planet. I can't interact with anything, so I can't force my way back into my ship, and I don't seem to be able to leave the area of the platform itself, so I'm not able to walk off the edge and fall to the ground. The jet pack gets me nowhere as I bump my head on what I guess is the actual floor. I reloaded my previous save and its in the same location at a different time of day (the two saves are 20 mins apart and I was doing some horse trading with the ships who were landing there). I've saved and loaded on a trading platform several times before without issue. The only thing I can come up with to try to get myself out of this jam is to let my life support run out and die and hope that I respawn in a sane location. It's a super mild planet, so I wont' die of hazard protection failure, which kinda sucks LOL. I think I should probably disassemble my two life support upgrades so that it doesn't take over an hour for my suit to run out of power. Other than that, I can't think of what else to try.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this happening? Anyone have a solution?

mokeyjoe

I don't know if this is a result of the most recent patch since I hadn't played in a few days, but when I loaded my save on the PS4, I found myself stuck inside the floor of one of those trading platforms on a planet. I can't interact with anything, so I can't force my way back into my ship, and I don't seem to be able to leave the area of the platform itself, so I'm not able to walk off the edge and fall to the ground. The jet pack gets me nowhere as I bump my head on what I guess is the actual floor. I reloaded my previous save and its in the same location at a different time of day (the two saves are 20 mins apart and I was doing some horse trading with the ships who were landing there). I've saved and loaded on a trading platform several times before without issue. The only thing I can come up with to try to get myself out of this jam is to let my life support run out and die and hope that I respawn in a sane location. It's a super mild planet, so I wont' die of hazard protection failure, which kinda sucks LOL. I think I should probably disassemble my two life support upgrades so that it doesn't take over an hour for my suit to run out of power. Other than that, I can't think of what else to try.

The closest thing was when I warped into a system and got jammed in a space station. I just shot the space station until the sentinels killed me.

Can you shoot anywhere?

If all else fails you can always get a refund ;)

Poetaster

Banned

Yeah I've had that happen at the solo landing pad buildings. I was able to interact with my ship to get myself out, another time I shot grenades at the ground and it ended up flinging me out. I believe I read that the latest experimental PC build squashed the bug so we should be getting it soon on PS4.

Top Bottom