• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

Loudninja

Ah! That's great news and thanks for the heads up. I will keep an eye out for content news.
these changes and more are inbound for Steam, GoG and PS4 in an upcoming patch :)
https://twitter.com/hellogames/status/769673487686504448

UPDATE: Experimental Branch
Objectives and stuck without Hyper-drive Issues
  • Player no longer able to redeem your pre-order ship at a point which would then prevent you learning the hyper-drive blueprint (and if you have done this, we save you).
  • Player no longer able to bypass being sent to find hyper-drive tech by reloading a save in game at a very specific point.

Getting Stuck in the world
  • Fixed a couple of low repro bugs that could result in you falling through the world and getting stuck underground.
  • A raycast in some space stations could hit a very specific point that would put the player inside the floor.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause your ship to be thrown in the sky at high speed when taking off (in rare cases could in turn lead to getting stuck).
  • Fixed an issue that would cause your ship to get stuck in terrain and prevent you from taking off, if the player managed to out run generation of terrain LOD 1, and land inside an overhang.

Gameplay
  • Some players were unable to achieve the extreme survival journey milestone, this has been resolved.
  • Fixed an issue where some players had some technology types being reported as "already known" when they weren't actually known.
  • Under some circumstances a message was sometimes misinforming you that you learnt a blueprint when you hadn't, this has been fixed now.
  • It was possible you could use up all available slots for waypoints on the galaxy map and be unable to set new waypoints. This is much better now.
  • There was a bug that could cause objective markers to disappear when you loaded a previous save. This is fixed now.
  • Fixed a rare issue when scanning creatures that would cause all planets to show as 100% complete even if you had only completed one.

Save / Load
  • Fixed a bug what could cause some corrupt save games to not be loaded, this is now fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where saves made with the system clock set in the future could cause problems.

Crash Fixes
  • Fixed a crash that would sometimes happen when warping into a system with a space battle in progress.
  • Fixed a crash that could happen when interacting with an NPC.

Tweaks and Improvements
  • It is now easier to scan flying creatures.
  • Fixed height and weight stats being the wrong way around for creatures.
  • Gek towers can no longer be interacted with repeatedly.
  • The 'You have unredeemed items' message will now only show for the first 5 minutes.
  • Fixed getting 0% charge on Photon Cannon when buying a new ship and constantly being prompted to charge it.
  • Reduce Suit VO for life support warnings and only do life support VO on 25% and 50%.
  • Fixed grave being transferred to the new star system after you warp.
  • Fixed toxic protection 3 (theta) from having the wrong name.
  • Fixed incorrect marking of sea caves under floating islands.
  • Turning down music and SFX volume in the options will now work correctly (mutes the VO also).
  • If you change ship or multi-tool and then revert to previous save the ship should now be the one you had at the time.
  • Atlas station collision improvements to prevent you from bumping into them too much.
  • Fix for the stars not being discarded during load/warp (causing duplicate stars).

PC Only Issues
  • Editing the settings file and corrupting it could cause the game to crash. Instead of crashing it will now revert back to the default settings.
  • The inventory screen now works correctly regardless of resolution.
  • Added error message for older CPUs without SSE3 support.
  • Synchronise frame capping with the first vsync (removes some framerate issues).
  • Added steam id to login call to help track down some login issues.
  • Fixed the X key size on the galaxy map.
  • If you press Tab+P in quick succession, the game paused and didn't let you out of it.
  • Fixed a performance issue by defaulting your texture resolution to a sensible value based on available GPU memory.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/7/360672383121166985/

Well that was a screw up on my part.

I was working on the 32 sols milestone, hanging out in a cave on a freezing planet. I was at about 26 sols and decided to go to bed. I set my ps4 to enter rest mode after a few hours. With my suit upgrades I figured my character would last that long.

I wake up in the morning, turn on the ps4 and see I'm standing in front of a grave. I try to retrieve lost inventory, I get nothing.

So instead of loading my previous save, I decide to kill myself cause I'm curious how many times I died before the ps4 turned off. As soon as the game reloads and I still have nothing to to recover from the body, I realize I should have loaded up the other save. I lost everything in my suit and some upgrades are broken.

I lost stacks and stacks of material, atlas stones, gravitino balls, warp cells, and parts for a warp drive. Oh well.

On the plus side, I survived 37 total sols on an extreme planet. On the ironic side, my trophy photo says i got the milestone 20 minutes after I finally fell asleep.

E92 M3

Just put the game away for now. There's likely going to be yet another patch in just a few days, there's a significant chance that might fix it for you.

edit: out of curiosity, what's your free space like on your HDD?

I'm worried that since it's so isolated the won't fix it. And I only have 2 games installed on my PS4 lol.

magawolaz

Well that was a screw up on my part.

I was working on the 32 sols milestone, hanging out in a cave on a freezing planet. I was at about 26 sols and decided to go to bed. I set my ps4 to enter rest mode after a few hours. With my suit upgrades I figured my character would last that long.

I wake up in the morning, turn on the ps4 and see I'm standing in front of a grave. I try to retrieve lost inventory, I get nothing.

So instead of loading my previous save, I decide to kill myself cause I'm curious how many times I died before the ps4 turned off. As soon as the game reloads and I still have nothing to to recover from the body, I realize I should have loaded up the other save. I lost everything in my suit and some upgrades are broken.

I lost stacks and stacks of material, atlas stones, gravitino balls, warp cells, and parts for a warp drive. Oh well.

On the plus side, I survived 37 total sols on an extreme planet. On the ironic side, my trophy photo says i got the milestone 20 minutes after I finally fell asleep.
Have you tried retrieving the save from the cloud? If you put the PS4 on rest mode recently it should have made a backup.

Am I the only one that is kind of pissed about all these crazy refunds even after hours and hours of play? It's like the hatemongers are now being given a real chance of preventing the game I love from being supported long term. I am not disappointed by what I received. It certainly isn't perfect but what it is hits me as pretty magical. I am looking forward to its continued support and in my opinion these refunds seriously threaten that.

Yesterday when i said that some of reply in the NMS thread made the whole thing toxic i was told to prove it...

SO right now i think i'm in the twilight zone reguarding this game.

This isn't and won't be the last game with one user having a game breaking bug down the line after playing .. but Sometimes it's just too obvious things have gotten so far in a certain way that no actual discussion is possible. I was told (on gaf ) to go back to the OT if i wanted to discuss about the game in detail.

*sigh*

One mod said it quite nicely last week , in a game like NMS you can't affirm that something isn't in the game because you haven't seen it yourself , because everyone plays and will see something different.

But somehow that fact is overlooked by almost everyone.

Edit : And the narrative that refund should be done by everyone because hello game is rolling in cash and said nothing since release is just stupid considering they've made 3 patch already ?4 if you include the day one patch ? Clearly they are doing nothing /s

boostron

Neo Member
I guess people are free to give it a shot, if they're disappointed or their game suddenly starts shitting the bed after a patch.

Now at the same time, I'd personally wait for the next patch for instance (they come every few days ffs) because it's quite clear that there is some issues going on that are a) temporary and b) user(s)-specific.

Now the slightly sad part is people who never had an interest in the game shitting on it (and the devs) on every occasion, or people spamming steam / PSN to get a refund even after XX hours, coming up with different reasons with every attempt and/or asking others what they said.

The other shitty bits is people coming up with BS, like Kyoufu saying that the game breaks down after X hours. There's 0 evidence of this. There's ton of counter-evidence.

The amount of disinformation on this game has been absolutely staggering. Like that massive reddit post that is full of innacuracies. Some where updated hours later, but the damage was done, and it's still full of BS and people are running with it.

A large amount of points are just simply incorrect, I've witnessed this stuff countless times. Other points are like "yeah OK, 2.5 year ago he said as of now you can land on asteroids. Turns out you can't... who the fuck really cares?" Maybe you could do that 2.5 years ago, and they just scrapped it because... what's the point exactly? Sure it'd be cool/funny to do it. Once?

I'd wager that with ANY game, if they were covered as much as NMS was, with people keeping asking for every single detail, you'd end up with the exact same thing. Stuff get scrapped all the time, it's nothing new. So I mean the only solution would have been stuff like "oh yeah guys that thing we mentioned once 3 years ago to kewlgamez.org, we scrapped it in the end". When it comes to absolutely tiny details of the game, quite frankly I don't give a shot.

But hey, what can you do. At the end of the day, I think it's just big background noise. The only thing that bothers me is just the utter lack of fact checking etc. But that's just a general pet peeve of mine, nothing to do with NMS specifically. Still having a ton of fun with the game, played for countless hours and not planning to stop anytime soon, and no amount of rage-filled posts or youtube videos is gonna change that.

I'm pretty shocked at the negativity in general. I was hyped up and I'm loving the game. I didn't really check many previews and such so fair enough if people's expectations were hurt. The bitching just seems way over the top.
It's not for everyone, sure, but it's a ground breaking game with great exploration. If you like to explore can't recommend it more.

gpn

I've been off since Friday so putting in some extra time on NMS. I'm about 30 hours in, but still in my second system; it's pretty well explored now so I'm getting ready to warp again. One of the planets has these huge pillars of gold that extend really far down into the ground though, so I'm having a hard time leaving.

One of the planets reminds me of the non-OT NMS threads, near constant toxic rain and swarms of crab/spider creatures that are constantly attacking. I didn't stay there too long, but I did manage to do this (totally
not
on purpose).

No%20Mans%20Sky_20160827130617_zpsjsw5if54.jpg

noomi

I saw some posts concerning atlas passes and wanted to comment on it.

You will need both atlas v1 and v3 to acess everything, no need for v2 if you have v3 already.

Yesterday I got a v3 pass and was able to open v3/v2 areas with it, but when I dismantled my v1 i was no longer able to loot v1 canisters even though I had a v3 in my inventory.

Raist

Banned
I'm worried that since it's so isolated the won't fix it. And I only have 2 games installed on my PS4 lol.

I mean I guess at some point we should maybe start talking about more specific factors, considering the large variety of issues that aren't reproduced by everyone.

Stuff like: PS4 model, free HDD space (not just "I have X games"), whether it's the original drive of a custom one, etc.

After playing something for 10+ hours then wanting a refund? I haven't read that thread so I don't know how much most people have been playing before getting a refund, but if that's the case then I would say the comparison is pretty apt. I could understand like 5 or less, 5-10 is pretty grey, but greater than 10 is the same.
If the game breaks at 10.1 hours am I somehow no longer entitled to a refund?

If the game no longer allows me to warp 1/3 of the time without crashing after 20 hours am I no longer entitled to a refund?

If I play for 32 hours and come to the conclusion that I bought a game under the pretenses of false advertisement am I no longer entitled to a refund?

If I get a game-save wipe bug at 40 hours am I no longer entitled to a refund?

Come on. A meal is a consumable. A game is not. It's a shitty goddamn comparison and you know it.

Grow up.

N° 2048

If the game breaks at 10.1 hours am I somehow no longer entitled to a refund?

If the game no longer allows me to warp 1/3 of the time without crashing after 20 hours am I no longer entitled to a refund?

If I play for 32 hours and come to the conclusion that I bought a game under the pretenses of false advertisement am I no longer entitled to a refund?

If I get a game-save wipe bug at 40 hours am I no longer entitled to a refund?

Come on. A meal is a consumable. A game is not. It's a shitty goddamn comparison and you know it.

Grow up.

Straight up.

It's crazy because some people played it for 40 hours and got a refund....

If there's a game breaking bug that the dev refused to patch then that is one thing. The idea that you can play a game for 40 hours and get a refund is frightening to devs. Moving forward, no refunds should be given to people that bought this game after the first 10 days of release. If you buy the game now knowing all the flaws, play it for 40 hours only to request a refund then you should be denied on the basis of information available.

I played the game via a friend and decided to wait until further updates flesh things out a bit more.
That would mean anyone who picks it up later doesn't have the possibility of getting a refund. Sorry but that's stupid. It should be based on time played not time owned.

BizzyBum

I saw some posts concerning atlas passes and wanted to comment on it.

You will need both atlas v1 and v3 to acess everything, no need for v2 if you have v3 already.

Yesterday I got a v3 pass and was able to open v3/v2 areas with it, but when I dismantled my v1 i was no longer able to loot v1 canisters even though I had a v3 in my inventory.

Yeah, seems like it would be a bug. Doesn't really make sense if v3 takes over v2 but not v1 stuff.

edit: Please let's not bring this refund bullshit in this thread.

Raist

Banned
OK, did some tests. A v3 only still gives you access to any doors. However, it doesn't work for canisters.

Of note, the v2 doesn't work for canisters either. Probably a mistake?

Have you tried retrieving the save from the cloud? If you put the PS4 on rest mode recently it should have made a backup.

thanks for the tip. I didn't think/know that was an option. I'll know for next time.

I've already moved on from my mistake. Luckily I'm in a 6 planet system that is full of resources. Anything I lost, I can get back eventually. I'm 1 species away from my Zoology trophy, not in the mood to lose that progress.

One mod said it quite nicely last week , in a game like NMS you can't affirm that something isn't in the game because you haven't seen it yourself , because everyone plays and will see something different.

But somehow that fact is overlooked by almost everyone.

I'm fairly certain they were joking.

After you've been to a reasonable number of planets it's pretty easy to know whether you've seen nearly all of what the game has to offer, and pointless to hold out hope for anything special other than a cool vista.

The only really "rare" thing in the game is enormous creatures, and accidents of terrain generation that (for example) people want to call rivers when they are just long lakes, as a natural consequence of how fractal/perlin generation works.

There are many things that can be confirmed to not be in the game at this point. As an example, all these buildings from pre-release media.

On top of actual experience from playing there is now also extensive data mining that can show for certain what models and textures appear in the game.

I don't really know what you still expect to find. You think if you go far enough, you'll stumble across a detailed space McDonalds with a Gek taking your order, and you get some No Man's Fries which unlocks the secrets of portals?

Traveled to a bunch of E class systems and been getting beautiful, lush planets. It really makes a difference.
This planet was the best of the bunch. It somehow gave me a bit of a Witcher vibe. And it even had sandy beaches!

https://youtu.be/0bob7p7WTDU

"Flora: Deficient"

Trees, grass and bushes EVERYWHERE.

Yup, that adds up.

Beautiful planet though. I haven't come across anything nearly so lush. A couple times I've been close, but it'll have extreme storms or aggressive sentinels or whatever. Can't be bothered to deal with that.

Raist

Banned
I'm fairly certain they were joking.

After you've been to a reasonable number of planets it's pretty easy to know whether you've seen nearly all of what the game has to offer, and pointless to hold out hope for anything special other than a cool vista.

The only really "rare" thing in the game is enormous creatures, and accidents of terrain generation that (for example) people want to call rivers when they are just long lakes, as a natural consequence of how fractal/perlin generation works.

There are many things that can be confirmed to not be in the game at this point. As an example, all these buildings from pre-release media.

On top of actual experience from playing there is now also extensive data mining that can show for certain what models and textures appear in the game.

I don't really know what you still expect to find. You think if you go far enough, you'll stumble across a detailed space McDonalds with a Gek taking your order, and you get get some No Man's Fries which unlocks the secrets of portals?

I completely disagree. Especially with such vague statement as "nearly" and so on. There's stuff I've seen 50 times, stuff I've seen once. I'll let you know whenever I stop seeing new stuff, but that may take a while.

What's the point of datamining if they only look at base assets such as model and textures? I'd like someone to have a good hard look at the actual maths (code) and give me an estimation on the total number of possible variations.

I completely disagree. Especially with such vague statement as "nearly" and so on. There's stuff I've seen 50 times, stuff I've seen once. I'll let you know whenever I stop seeing new stuff, but that may take a while.

What's the point of datamining if they only look at base assets such as model and textures? I'd like someone to have a good hard look at the actual maths (code) and give me an estimation on the total number of possible variations.

So you still expect to see those buildings I linked out there somewhere?

Seriously when people talk about how no one has seen everything and there's more out there, there's always this lofty air of "maybe the real good ending is still hidden," "maybe multiplayer is actually in."

What do you actually expect? If it's just creatures with body configurations that you haven't seen before, then sure, you can have that.

Raist

Banned
So you still expect to see those buildings I linked out there somewhere?

Seriously when people talk about how no one has seen everything and there's more out there, there's always this air of "maybe the real good ending is still hidden," "maybe multiplayer is actually in."

What do you actually expect? If it's just creatures with body configurations that you haven't seen before, then sure, you can have that.

These buildings are different designs that were made at some point. That doesn't mean that there's only 8 in the game. Yesterday I saw a monolith I hadn't before (a sort of giant eyeball looking thing).

As for your question, I'm not sure I understand. But what were you expecting in terms of diversity, if not a lot of body variations (which they have explained a million times) on top of a more restricted set of "types".

I wonder sometime if some of you guys thought, the first time you ever saw a lion, "meh, that's just a big cat, and males have a sort of silly looking fluffy scarf or something".
It's like, taxonomy would be restricted to like 20 categories.

It CANNOT be an "infinite" number of possibilities. There has to be some constraints put on the procedural generation, otherwise the code wouldn't think twice before giving you a ship made only of 3 different cockpits glued together upside down.

Mindlog

I like my current ship, but a little disappointed I wasn't presented with a crashed version of a ship I saw on a station. I would have bought it, but the 120m price tag was a bit out of my reach. Sucks that if you want to buy one you are forced to gamble that something nice will eventually show up again while waiting on a station.

The new draw in on PS4 is weird. Flying around is a lot prettier because the draw-in is much closer and even under your ship most of the time. Walking around and especially sprint jetting is another matter.

These buildings are different designs that were made at some point. That doesn't mean that there's only 8 in the game. Yesterday I saw a monolith I hadn't before (a sort of giant eyeball looking thing).

As for your question, I'm not sure I understand. But what were you expecting in terms of diversity, if not a lot of body variations (which they have explained a million times) on top of a more restricted set of "types".

I wonder sometime if some of you guys thought, the first time you ever saw a lion, "meh, that's just a big cat, and males have a sort of silly looking fluffy scarf or something".

It CANNOT be an "infinite" number of possibilities. There has to be some constraints put on the procedural generation, otherwise the code wouldn't think twice before giving you a ship made only of 3 different cockpits glued together upside down.

This is the quote I was going off of:

in a game like NMS you can't affirm that something isn't in the game because you haven't seen it yourself , because everyone plays and will see something different.

Now if someone is going to assert that something isn't in the game, it's generally not going to be a specific creature, like "oh there aren't any horse-bodied chipmunk-faced cat-armed giraffe-textured giant creatures!" No one would say that. There's no point.

The kinds of things people are saying isn't in the game are multiplayer, or undiscovered secrets buried deep that reveal the TRUE ending, or a fourth alien race, or ships with more than 48 slots, or planet rotation etc.

When people make the argument "oh you can't say anything isn't in the game just because it's so huge, anything could still be in," it's assumed that they are talking about things that others are actually saying are not in the game like the ones above. Otherwise what would be the point in fighting back against a statement not being made? Where are all these people saying there isn't orange grass?

Poetaster

Banned
I like my current ship, but a little disappointed I wasn't presented with a crashed version of a ship I saw on a station. I would have bought it, but the 120m price tag was a bit out of my reach. Sucks that if you want to buy one you are forced to gamble that something nice will eventually show up again while waiting on a station.

The new draw in on PS4 is weird. Flying around is a lot prettier because the draw-in is much closer and even under your ship most of the time. Walking around and especially sprint jetting is another matter.
You can totally find a crashed version of any ship you see in a system if you're willing to take the time. My current ship has a very unique set of wings and I just had to take the time to find one. Must have gone through something close to 15 ships before I found it.

KDR_11k

So can I just get rid of these 3 Atlas stones after failing the "give 10 stones" part of the quest or do they come in handy later?

Also this game seems to have serious problems with its multithreading implementation. The fix list already includes many cases of things breaking when they happen simultaneously, two gameplay bugs I had were:
1. Stopped shooting my mining beam at a sentinel, the beam ended exactly as the Sentinel's health hit zero, the Sentinel's HP bar went away but the Sentinel stayed alive and became invincible.
2. Accidentally hit X while shooting my mining laser (switches to boltcaster) but I don't have a boltcaster installed. As a result the heat gauge got stuck, the laser stopped firing and clicking did nothing anymore, like the thread for the laser logic had crashed out.

Speaking of the laser, do folks here use the boltcaster or laser for combat? I just stack all the laser upgrades, especially the rail adapter and use the resulting beam for combat, not even installing the caster. Saves me the effort of switching modes all the time. I do have grenades for digging though.

Oh and does the rail adapter do anything besides allowing the mining laser to damage those STEEL doors? And speaking of bugs, why is it labelled as a boltcaster upgrade...

The hold thing never bothered me because I've almost made a wrong choice in the past and it's a better option than an "are you sure?" pop up.

To me it's exactly as useful as those pop-ups, i.e. not at all. What we were taught in HMI design: "The user is always sure when he presses the button, he won't realize it's wrong until after he confirmed." Don't ask beforehand, offer undo afterwards because asking every time just trains people that clicking yes (or in this case holding the button) is how you do the action.

My specific issue was accidentally deleting the wrong item, I wanted to remove a near empty stack of nickel from my suit inventory but was tabbed into the starship and deleted the full stack of nickel there (I find the white fill-state bars really hard to read, too).

Raist

Banned
This is the quote I was going off of:

Now if someone is going to assert that something isn't in the game, it's generally not going to be a specific creature, like "oh there aren't any horse-bodied chipmunk-faced cat-armed giraffe-textured giant creatures!" No one would say that. There's no point.

The kinds of things people are saying isn't in the game are multiplayer, or undiscovered secrets buried deep that reveal the TRUE ending, or a fourth alien race, or ships with more than 48 slots, or planet rotation etc.

When people make the argument "oh you can't say anything isn't in the game just because it's so huge, anything could still be in," it's assumed that they are talking about things that others are actually saying are not in the game like the ones above. Otherwise what would be the point in fighting back against a statement not being made? Where are all these people saying there isn't orange grass?

The "you can't say it's not there just because you haven't seen it" has always been about that kind of stuff.

I've seen again and again stuff like: never seen butterflies, never seen bugs, never seen anything bigger than 2 meters, never seen big mountains or deep oceans, never seen big space battles, etc etc etc. They lied, it's not in the game period.

I don't think I ever saw anyone use that sentence in reply to someone talking about MP or 256-slots ships, or a different ending. I haven't even seen every one of these sort of complaints to begin with.

KDR_11k

BTW, do we know how many planets are in a galaxy? I know the 18 quadrillion number just means it's a 64 bit seed, how many of those possible seeds are actually used? Are seeds potentially used multiple times?

Why would they think of adding base building out of all things? There is really no reason whatsoever to add that.

Ship building so that you can actually travel the universe with YOUR ship, and not constantly ditch your ship for a single extra slot, would be better. This game would be improved so much if you could at least have a connection to your ship.

dukeoflegs

Every time I get into my ship and hit R2 I fly up into space. Anyone else have this issue? I think it might be related to the ship I bought because my starting ship didn't do this.

BTW, do we know how many planets are in a galaxy? I know the 18 quadrillion number just means it's a 64 bit seed, how many of those possible seeds are actually used? Are seeds potentially used multiple times?

No one knows anything for sure. The fact that there are multiple galaxies along with the seemingly common stumbling across others' discoveries might reveal that there are fewer planets per galaxy than 18 quintillion...perhaps significantly fewer. There could be 18 galaxies with 1 quint each, or a billion galaxies with 18 billion planets each...or 18 quintillion could simply be wrong as well and there are fewer than was stated.

Raist

Banned
Every time I get into my ship and hit R2 I fly up into space. Anyone else have this issue? I think it might be related to the ship I bought because my starting ship didn't do this.

Use to get it (far from every time though). Not anymore. Fix coming to PC too.

Why would they think of adding base building out of all things? There is really no reason whatsoever to add that.

Ship building so that you can actually travel the universe with YOUR ship, and not constantly ditch your ship for a single extra slot, would be better. This game would be improved so much if you could at least have a connection to your ship.

I don't care about it either. They're adding it because it's a highly requested thing. I just won't do it and that's that, people who really want it will be able to. Not a bad thing?

Aenima

Base building can be fun if you can teleport to your base from any distant place. If not, i just see it as a complete useless feauture.

Right now i just wanted a photo mode on ps4 to hide all the icons, then i can be a real space tourist taking nice photos.

The "you can't say it's not there just because you haven't seen it" has always been about that kind of stuff.

I've seen again and again stuff like: never seen butterflies, never seen bugs, never seen anything bigger than 2 meters, never seen big mountains or deep oceans, never seen big space battles, etc etc etc. They lied, it's not in the game period.

I don't think I ever saw anyone use that sentence in reply to someone talking about MP or 256-slots ships, or a different ending. I haven't even seen every one of these sort of complaints to begin with.

But those questions are all answered now. What's left? What else are people saying is not in the game that you think is still in there somewhere?

There's this mystical thinking like "oh people said there weren't butterflies but there actually are, and if they were wrong about that imagine what else they're wrong about, imagine what other wonders still await"

So what do you imagine?

You claim somebody said there weren't mountains and we know there are mountains. Somebody else said there wasn't multiplayer and we know there isn't multiplayer. It's all been narrowed down. There is no reason to say "you can't say that's not in because it still might be in, you haven't traveled far enough," because the things people are still saying aren't in are actually not in. It's a settled question.

Again, I am not arguing that all physical configurations of stuff has already been seen. I am saying that anything that has been actually questioned by someone is now known. If it hasn't been questioned then there's no point in "proving it wrong" because nobody said it was right.

I dont get people deal with base building.

Seems pretty awesome to have bases on a planet or moon.

Potentially it could be very useful, but only if there's an easy way to get back to it.
like using a...portal :)
If you build a base and make 10 warps without the ability to return to it easily, it's pretty useless.

Loudninja

I dont get how it can useless especially how much time you can spend in one system :/

Not to mention the possibility of helping with inventory management .

Top Bottom