• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

Yeah. Ill take the blame for this one. I'm not getting a refund and I don't deserve one because I actually enjoyed the game enough that I endured the insane frustration of constant crashes and lost time to keep getting my NMS fix. It took what could have been one of my favorite gaming experiences of this gen and turned it into me raging a lot of the time. I counted 44 crashes. 1 for about every hour I played the game. Only they only started happening in the latter half of those hours.

I think there is a big difference between some performance hiccups and hard game crashes that cause you to lose hours and hours of time. Fallout 4 wasnt broken. It was buggy and it had some framerate issues but its not on the same level as NMS IMO. Not even close.

The game seems to be running better now. I wish I would have just put it down when the crashes started and waited for them to fix it. But I should never have to do that. Even better would have been if they had delayed the game until this shit was sorted out.

I like the game, I really do. But I have to say that I dont think anyone who experienced crashes like me should have to put up with that shit.

This has got to be one of the sloppiest game realeases in gaming history. I can sympathize with HG being a small team that overcame hardships and made something special. Its just sad that the way this release was handled basically ruined any chance of this game getting the praise it deserves.

PS4 VERSION

Does the new pach did something with animals or plant size? Becuase found a planet with big trees ant other with big dinosaures kind creatures

brb using imagination...

Big dinosaurs have already been seen in the game, but I don't know what you mean by "big". Mountain size? The planet I was on last night while playing 1.07 hardly had any flora, but I'll keep a lookout. Would love to have proper towering forests in the game.

p.s. last night I answered a distress call from some freighters (long skinny ones I hadn't seen before...new to 1.07?) and there were 14 pirates attacking. Unfortunately I didn't have enough zinc to replenish my shields, so although I got 12 pirates I had to leave 2 and warped to the next system. When I jumped in, suddenly I was attacked by a freighter (it was red laser fire). Don't know by whom, but I think it was pirates because there were white arrow markers all around me. Maybe it was just my bad luck and spawned into their line of fire. Does taking on a distress call change faction stances?

Like, were those anonymous fighters actually Gek ships and the cruisers were Vy'keen? Do they have a grudge now? I really hope the faction system becomes more fleshed out, because it hardly even feels like more than a random event spawn right now. I don't know who I'm attacking and defending, who is on my side and not. I want some narrative and immersion, even if it's thin. Communications, Admiral Ck'top showing up on my ship's screen asking for help, etc.

This has got to be one of the sloppiest game realeases in gaming history.

C'mon, really now. There's been some PC games whose installer has formatted your hard drive. Yes, it released in basically an early beta state (or alpha if you want to count the missing features), but Hello is working hard fixing the issues. I know how hard software dev is and so maybe I cut devs a bit more slack when they have bugs. Procedural generation is a minefield of bugs, and so is developing your own game engine. It's likely Sony made them push it out the door as-is. None of that excuses the fact that the bugs and crashes exist in a retail copy, and to your point I'll agree that NMS is probably one of the buggiest console games in history, but they've also been doing a good job of fixing the issues since release.

mokeyjoe

I agree, if you enjoy the game the crashes must be even worse. I guess I've just been fortunate but I have no idea how or why my whole game seems so much more stable. In the last week I've had two crashes and played for 20-30 hours. That's a better experience than both Doom or Uncharted 4 for me. It's so weird :/

The game crashed for me on 33% of all warps. That's a broken product.

Though I've never been asked about the exact percentage of the defective issue when I've returned a product.

Only nitwit fanboy corporate ballwashers do that.

Polish hard, better make them extra shiny!

This is really stupid. Not that your game crashed all the time, that sucks, but your childish insults. It's really quite pathetic.

mokeyjoe

brb using imagination...

Big dinosaurs have already been seen in the game, but I don't know what you mean by "big". Mountain size? The planet I was on last night while playing 1.07 hardly had any flora, but I'll keep a lookout. Would love to have proper towering forests in the game.

p.s. last night I answered a distress call from some freighters (long skinny ones I hadn't seen before...new to 1.07?) and there were 14 pirates attacking. Unfortunately I didn't have enough zinc to replenish my shields, so although I got 12 pirates I had to leave 2 and warped to the next system. When I jumped in, suddenly I was attacked by a freighter (it was red laser fire). Don't know by whom, but I think it was pirates because there were white arrow markers all around me. Maybe it was just my bad luck and spawned into their line of fire. Does taking on a distress call change faction stances?

Like, were those anonymous fighters actually Gek ships and the cruisers were Vy'keen? Do they have a grudge now? I really hope the faction system becomes more fleshed out, because it hardly even feels like more than a random event spawn right now. I don't know who I'm attacking and defending, who is on my side and not. I want some narrative and immersion, even if it's thin. Communications, Admiral Ck'top showing up on my ship's screen asking for help, etc.

I always thought the freighters and fighters were different factions, if you defeat the attackers you get a boost I'm whatever the defenders' faction is. I've actually never tried joining the attackers, so maybe I'll try that later.

Whb29

I agree, if you enjoy the game the crashes must be even worse. I guess I've just been fortunate but I have no idea how or why my whole game seems so much more stable. In the last week I've had two crashes and played for 20-30 hours. That's a better experience than both Doom or Uncharted 4 for me. It's so weird :/

I think it's the nature of the game - there are such a vast range of variables in there that the unlucky few seem to suffer a crashathon, whilst the lucky few get a problem free run.

C'mon, really now. There's been some PC games whose installer has formatted your hard drive. Yes, it released in basically an early beta state (or alpha if you want to count the missing features), but Hello is working hard fixing the issues. I know how hard software dev is and so maybe I cut devs a bit more slack when they have bugs. Procedural generation is a minefield of bugs, and so is developing your own game engine. It's likely Sony made them push it out the door as-is. None of that excuses the fact that the bugs and crashes exist in a retail copy, and to your point I'll agree that NMS is probably the buggiest console game in history, but they've also been doing a good job of fixing the issues since release.
Ill give it to them that they are being quick on the draw with the fixes and I applaud them for that. I just feel like the damage has been done. Judging by the internets reaction I'd have to say my statement was pretty accurate.

I can sympathize with their situation for sure but this was a BAD release for them. At least from a public reaction perspective.

Anyway. Ill take this outside the OT so people can actually discuss the game without this stuff in the way. Enough threads to get this stuff out in..

I hope I can find what hooked me in again after that shotty experience I had now that its running better and I can come back to discussing it the same way I was in the first OT.

There is no warp reactor upgrade that it's able to do 6000LY jumps, i have the feeling that i've encountered yet another bug.

Gonna spoiler this just in case:
You need to have a 100 percent fully fueled hyperdrive. You _might_ need to have all the hyperdrive upgrades connected with the hyperdrive too. Unsure on that one.

Edit for clarity.

Raist

Banned
I've actually never tried joining the attackers, so maybe I'll try that later.

giphy.gif

On the topic of mountains (from the last few comments I've read at least), here's one of the planets I've visited. At the 1:00 mark, you see just how high I am above the valley below. And in other shots, you can see tall peaks in the distance in the haze. This planet also had flying creatures that came out in droves the higher up you got.

https://youtu.be/ZkB6cct_qj8

mokeyjoe

I think it's the nature of the game - there are such a vast range of variables in there that the unlucky few seem to suffer a crashathon, whilst the lucky few get a problem free run.

I don't know, flatmate on the same system has had one crash the whole time he's been playing (30-40hrs). It's hard not to see it being system specific. Like down to some weird variable, like if you're on WiFi or Ethernet, or bad sectors on the HDD or something. I don't know, the IT guy in me wants to troubleshoot, lol.

Raist

Banned
I don't know, flatmate on the same system has had one crash the whole time he's been playing (30-40hrs). It's hard not to see it being system specific. Like down to some weird variable, like if you're on WiFi or Ethernet, or bad sectors on the HDD or something. I don't know, the IT guy in me wants to troubleshoot, lol.

I suggested in a post before that people could post super basic infos, like:

PS4 model
Custom HDD Y/N
Free Space XXXGB
Crashing Rare/Frequent

It absolutely is user-specific, and we're not dealing with dozens of configs, so there must be a pattern. I'm suspecting HDD related stuff, because the game is liking doing a metric shitton of caching.

PS4 model
Custom HDD Y/N
Free Space XXXGB
Crashing Rare/Frequent

It absolutely is user-specific, and we're not dealing with dozens of configs, so there must be a pattern. I'm suspecting HDD related stuff, because the game is liking doing a metric shitton of caching.

PS4: first revision model (fall 2015)
HDD: Stock
Free space: A few hundred? MGSV is the only other game installed
Crashes: Rare. In 50-60 hours play, only 3 crashes. Last one was a bugged blueprint dispenser. Haven't had a crash since 1.04.

My PS4 is also well-ventilated and try to keep the A/C on when playing. I do wonder if some people who are having lots of crashes are running their PS4s hot. Thermal paste on the CPU may not be consistent / well-tested because most console games don't push the CPU like NMS does.

Ok i need some help ASAP, how the hell i'm supposed to reach the center?

14086414_954324844678131_3830752335144871230_o.jpg

According to this, i should just follow the path and jump to the center, but that's impossible.

14125749_954324848011464_3385964795452784216_o.jpg

i tried to zoom in , but there are no more stars to use as stepping stones to move closer, what am i doing wrong here?
Warp reactor FULLY CHARGED

I'm fairly certain they were joking.

After you've been to a reasonable number of planets it's pretty easy to know whether you've seen nearly all of what the game has to offer, and pointless to hold out hope for anything special other than a cool vista.

The only really "rare" thing in the game is enormous creatures, and accidents of terrain generation that (for example) people want to call rivers when they are just long lakes, as a natural consequence of how fractal/perlin generation works.

There are many things that can be confirmed to not be in the game at this point. As an example, all these buildings from pre-release media.

On top of actual experience from playing there is now also extensive data mining that can show for certain what models and textures appear in the game.

I don't really know what you still expect to find. You think if you go far enough, you'll stumble across a detailed space McDonalds with a Gek taking your order, and you get some No Man's Fries which unlocks the secrets of portals?

0) It wasn't a joke.
1) since when "a cool vista" is not something special ? Since when in a game with so many hostile planets it's not worth the reason to continue playing ?

2) Not everyone has seen the enormous cratures , and accidents of generations still produce something original that is worth seeing if you still intrested in the game. it's like those "accident" have no worth when the game value is based on the unknow and those "accidents"

2b) Those "rivers" aren't worth seeing ? is that implied that everyone saw them ( while playing ) ?

3) I don't see what the data mining add to this .. it's a "i cheated" and i know part of the secret without playing it. You either play or you datamine to satisfy your curiosity. I was satisfied without using those means.

4) Portals ? how do they work ? I thought we knew everything about the game.

Some players are waiting for more content , some players are still playing .. As for the question " i don't know what you expect to find" , someone could answer you " a nice planet on my journey". there was a player last week that wanted to find a earth-like planet with a blue sky and he found one .
I mean we all have our own goals . Some players can still play in search of a planet that they like the topography/environnement. They are many reasons to continue as they are as many to stop to wait for more.

PS4 model
Custom HDD Y/N
Free Space XXXGB
Crashing Rare/Frequent

I have had my PS4 since March 2014, so I'm not sure what model it is. I'm not able to check at the moment but can update if someone really tallies these up.

I have a 4 tb Seagate HDD, with 2.5 still free.

I have played the game around 20 hours and have not had a single crash yet. Sounds like I've been lucky, but I'm amazed at the number of issues people are having. It's been smooth as silk on my end.

Loudninja

They did say less then one percent had issues even though that that numbers still had a large number of players in it.

I had a few in my 30 or so hours of playtime I been lucky.

I know I'm digging up dirt from other threads, but why are people saying that in some instances the game crashes are "bricking consoles"?

Where has that been reported?

Because it implies that there is someone out there trying to affirm something isn't in the game, when nobody has questioned whatever things you're discovering now.

Honnestly it hasn't happenned in this thread but it has happenned elsewhere.
A quick search : This for exemple

You'd know that that post is false and it was pointed out but sometimes it isn't

According to the user , he had the game , played it but "never saw it"

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
So, what are you guys' stats?

On-foot travel: 514,982u
Alien Encouters: 85
Words collected: 642
Most units: 7,227,078
Ships destroyed: 267
Sentinels destroyed: 305
Extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme survival: 32.5 sols
Space exploration: 95
planet zoology: 22

Why would it be bad? The whole point of the game is to do whatever is fun for you. Which seems to have confused a lot of people.

Well, some folks can't have fun unless they're being told they're having fun...

The whole reaction to this game has been embarrassing. It's cringe overload. It's divisive, but the people who were rubbing their hands together in anticipation for the game to fail need to grow up. Not every game is going to be for everybody, but this penchant for people to get immense joy out of negativity is disturbing. And not just in relation to this game. In general. Eventually the topic will lose it's shine and people will move on, but in the meantime, I'm truly embarrassed for the people circling around any negative NMS news like flies to shit.

I'm almost done with the extreme planet survival Milestone. Just 3 more milestones to go. My wife is playing it now, and she said she'd do it for me when I'm at work, since this thing takes so damn long. Fortunately, I'm on a planet with just angry sentinels, so I don't have to worry about harsh environments. I went from 1-5 during my play session yesterday, and 5-7 after my short session today. I'll be glad to see the end of it, that's for sure.

0) It wasn't a joke.
Link it. Sure sounds like a sarcastic comment to me. At this point making the statement that nobody can say they know what's not in the game is laughable, because it's been made quite obvious over the last few weeks.

1) since when "a cool vista" is not something special ? Since when in a game with so many hostile planets it's not worth the reason to continue playing ?
What do you mean, it's not something special? I said "other than." That means it is something worth finding, to you...but again as I've been saying, no one is claiming cool vistas aren't in the game other than on the basis of personal preference, so that doesn't apply to your original lament.

2) Not everyone has seen the enormous cratures , and accidents of generations still produce something original that is worth seeing if you still intrested in the game. it's like those "accident" have no worth when the game value is based on the unknow and those "accidents"

2b) Those "rivers" aren't worth seeing ? is that implied that everyone saw them ( while playing ) ?
Again...I made zero comments as to whether or not those things are worth seeing. I'm saying they aren't things that others say aren't in the game. So your complaint about all those people with their incorrect claims is wrong.

3) I don't see what the data mining add to this .. it's a "i cheated" and i know part of the secret without playing it. You either play or you datamine to satisfy your curiosity. I was satisfied without using those means.
Data mining has shown us the remainder of what probably is and isn't in the game. So yet again...your complaint about people who say stuff isn't in the game without having explored for 100 hours is wrong, those people can still be pretty confident about what's not in the game by now, from their own experience, what they have seen posted by others, and from data mining.

4) Portals ? how do they work ? I thought we knew everything about the game.
We do. They don't do anything right now. They're like other bits of mostly-cut content left in the game.

Some players are waiting for more content , some players are still playing .. As for the question " i don't know what you expect to find" , someone could answer you " a nice planet on my journey". there was a player last week that wanted to find a earth-like planet with a blue sky and he found one .
I mean we all have our own goals . Some players can still play in search of a planet that they like the topography/environnement. They are many reasons to continue as they are as many to stop to wait for more.
Right...but...no one is saying "a nice planet" isn't in the game.

If you're not going to offer any examples of what you expect to find, along with actual examples of others saying that feature isn't in the game, then your comment is a straw man in search of some boogeyman that doesn't exist.

If you expect to find another alien race called the Hypthon who make themselves enemies against those allied with the other three races and becomes a major antagonist once you get far enough out, I can tell you that's not in the game.

If however you expect to find a cool-looking giant red mountain crawling with hopping pineapples, then yes, that is in the game somewhere. You'll find it eventually. No one said it wasn't.

Loudninja

Why would it be bad? The whole point of the game is to do whatever is fun for you. Which seems to have confused a lot of people.
You are so beyond me lol

mokeyjoe

PS4 model
Custom HDD Y/N
Free Space XXXGB
Crashing Rare/Frequent

True, but outside of my own personal curiosity I don't know who that would help. The game should be robust enough to cope with minor hardware variations, and the devs presumably get that sort of info in crash reports - so whatever the case it should be fixed, and the user can't do much.

If it were me suffering the problem I'd probably bite the bullet, delete every trace of the game, rebuild the database and then download and install fresh. I'd consider that to have exhausted my options. If that failed I would request a refund.

I think that's entirely reasonable. I think the more subjective aspects of the refund scramble are rather less convincing. I think there's perhaps a larger debate to be had regarding the way games are sold in the age of post-release patches and added content, and how NMS perhaps fell into the wrong section of the market in that respect. But it would be disingenuous of me to personally criticise the game on what it isn't, when I'm really enjoying what it is, and have derived more value from it than most games at its current price point. That is, of course, highly personal, people like what they like. I have returned games in the past that I didn't like and exchanged them, so that's ok (back in the days when stores did that), but I think suggesting the failure of those games to sufficiently entertain me is an inherent design flaw is inappropriate. If other people are entertained by it then the game has a market it is catering to, and serves its function.

Like many things to do with gaming, the rhetoric surrounding the issue becomes problematic. This was a problem prior to release (with the nonsense surrounding the delay, for instance), and has now snowballed into post release, and materialises as some sort of social media fuelled meta-game with people on both sides making snide remarks to nobody's actual benefit.

Meanwhile, this thankfully doesn't stop the game from existing as a thing I can enjoy right now on my PS4. My main hope is that it doesn't stifle future development of the game and concept, or the development of more niche titles (for that's what it is) in the future.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Some screens.
This image is essentially what I was looking for with No Man's Sky. Giant planet taking up the sky, big grassy floating islands (I'm standing on one). I was really happy when I found that.

I just like the ground structure of this floating island. Seems pretty common actually.

This was on a planet where not one land animal had legs. A flying creature had legs, and a species of aquatic animals did, but all land animals bounced. Another gender of this creature had mushrooms on its heads instead of leaves.

This big guy was just cute!

Jblanks

I must've accidentally sold my Atlas Pass v1, am I screwed ? or will I be able to get another one sometime. Don't really like how an item like that is even deletable.

Mindlog

Way higher than me on everything except.
Alien Encounters: 203
Words collected: 951
Most Units: 24509185
I must've accidentally sold my Atlas Pass v1, am I screwed ? or will I be able to get another one sometime. Don't really like how an item like that is even deletable.
You get the blueprint iirc. It's really cheap to build. I recycled mine ~dozen times while messing around with ship upgrades.

This has got to be one of the sloppiest game realeases in gaming history. I can sympathize with HG being a small team that overcame hardships and made something special. Its just sad that the way this release was handled basically ruined any chance of this game getting the praise it deserves.

you said a mouthful. & that includes the damn $60 price tag. it really is unfortunate...

Raist

Banned
Landing on a tiny island in the middle of an ocean, with no plutonium in stock.
Go me.

I'm almost done with the extreme planet survival Milestone. Just 3 more milestones to go. My wife is playing it now, and she said she'd do it for me when I'm at work, since this thing takes so damn long. Fortunately, I'm on a planet with just angry sentinels, so I don't have to worry about harsh environments. I went from 1-5 during my play session yesterday, and 5-7 after my short session today. I'll be glad to see the end of it, that's for sure.

In case you don't know, they fixed it now so it's cumulative. You don't need to stay on the same planet for the whole thing.

As someone who bought Fallout 4 digitally and is forever stuck with it, I know first hand that hours played doesn't equal hours enjoyed. Two hours isn't enough to evaluate the majority of games and that definitely needs to change. I do think asking for your money back after 50+ hours is ridiculous, though. As much as I ended up hating Fallout 4, it'd be a real dick move to ask for a refund after so much gameplay.

In the end if companies think people are abusing a policy then it will go away and everyone loses.

Raist

Banned
You are so beyond me lol

Way higher than me on everything except.
Alien Encounters: 203
Words collected: 951
Most Units: 24509185

Well if you guys only reply now, I'm gonna have to update.

On-foot travel: 514,982u > 578,477
Alien Encouters: 85 > 88
Words collected: 642 > 698
Most units: 7,227,078 > 9,080,961
Ships destroyed: 267 > 293
Sentinels destroyed: 305 > 313
Extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme survival: 32.5 sols > 32.7
Space exploration: 95 > 101
planet zoology: 22 > 22

Aenima

Yeah can confirm the slowdowns in planets with alot of trees. Just landed in a cold planet (can be the cold ones too as others with tress dont get slow downs) anyway this one had tress all over the place, and flying slow caused very noticeble slowdown when turning the ship. On foot it was all good.

Everething else seems better. I also dont get a crash for a good while now. I used to get some crashes when warping, just did 10 warps in a row mixing normal warps with black holes and no crashes. Since the patch 1.04 i must only had around 3 crashes, when before that i was getting about 5 crashes a day.

Link it. Sure sounds like a sarcastic comment to me. At this point making the statement that nobody can say they know what's not in the game is laughable, because it's been made quite obvious over the last few weeks.
It's always like that link it , prove it .. You know what i don't have a folder of links with posts about NMS .. i was playing the game during that time. it's buried in the countless messages about NMS on GAF ..

I don't plan to search that massive pile for you .. so yeah i don't have proof .. i know what i saw anyway .. Feel free to not believe it .

What do you mean, it's not something special? I said "other than." That means it is something worth finding, to you...but again as I've been saying, no one is claiming cool vistas aren't in the game other than on the basis of personal preference, so that doesn't apply to your original lament.

Again...I made zero comments as to whether or not those things are worth seeing. I'm saying they aren't things that others say aren't in the game. So your complaint about all those people with their incorrect claims is wrong.
That one i had a link for you , I posted it already here
Data mining has shown us the remainder of what probably is and isn't in the game. So yet again...your complaint about people who say stuff isn't in the game without having explored for 100 hours is wrong, those people can still be pretty confident about what's not in the game by now, from their own experience, what they have seen posted by others, and from data mining.
Data mining is just data , data mining can't tell you about some events nor what triggers what. it's nothing but a gathering of raw data when it game is mixing that data everytime to make animals, planets , ships and so on.
It's not an absolute... it never will in a game like this that mixes assets on the fly.
We do. They don't do anything right now. They're like other bits of mostly-cut content left in the game.

Right...but...no one is saying "a nice planet" isn't in the game.

If you're not going to offer any examples of what you expect to find, along with actual examples of others saying that feature isn't in the game, then your comment is a straw man in search of some boogeyman that doesn't exist.

If you expect to find another alien race called the Hypthon who make themselves enemies against those allied with the other three races and becomes a major antagonist once you get far enough out, I can tell you that's not in the game.

If however you expect to find a cool-looking giant red mountain crawling with hopping pineapples, then yes, that is in the game somewhere. You'll find it eventually. No one said it wasn't.

No , cut content , is cut content that isn't available in the game.
Cut content is not used with normal assets when you're generating a planet.. that's the easy conclusion for those who seek to put the game down. There is NO Evidence that if it appears in the game it doesn't have a purpose , since ALL the other buildings do.

That's a lot of "if"

I answered the first "if" above.
I never talked about the rest of this

McLovin

Found a good station and did the buy low sell high method, made a bunch of money! Flew off to a planet once I was satisfied and when I was leaving my ship the game froze! Hours of my life down the drain! Fuck this, fuck this game, I can't believe I paid 60 for this fuck...
FUCK!!

Aenima

That one i had a link for you , I posted it already here

WOW that guy, lol. I bet that guy dont even played the game and is atalking about what he saw in some video review trolling the game.

You dont have to play long to see most of those things. Flying in formation you have to do it yourself, no one joins ur route or help you, but you can join other ships routs if ur flying skills are decent.

Ignorance is a "hella" of a thing.

terandle

Maxed out everything and made it to the center. Time to wait for patches. I personally got way more out of this game than any $60 game in a while.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Ok i need some help ASAP, how the hell i'm supposed to reach the center?

14086414_954324844678131_3830752335144871230_o.jpg

According to this, i should just follow the path and jump to the center, but that's impossible.

14125749_954324848011464_3385964795452784216_o.jpg

i tried to zoom in , but there are no more stars to use as stepping stones to move closer, what am i doing wrong here?

distance to center: 770 light years

distance to warp: 6,148.9 light years

nice

Well if you guys only reply now, I'm gonna have to update.

On-foot travel: 514,982u > 578,477
Alien Encouters: 85 > 88
Words collected: 642 > 698
Most units: 7,227,078 > 9,080,961
Ships destroyed: 267 > 293
Sentinels destroyed: 305 > 313
Extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme survival: 32.5 sols > 32.7
Space exploration: 95 > 101
planet zoology: 22 > 22

On-foot travel: 501,115u
Alien Encouters: 153
Words collected: 828
Most units: 16,079,162
Ships destroyed: 250
Sentinels destroyed: 697
Extreme survival: 32.1
Space exploration: 85
planet zoology: 10

daveo42

Banned
Question: Does the Atlas path
end at the center or after you get 10 stones? I don't want to lug around these things another 177k light years.

On-foot travel: 501,115u
Alien Encouters: 153
Words collected: 828
Most units: 16,079,162
Ships destroyed: 250
Sentinels destroyed: 697
Extreme survival: 32.1
Space exploration: 85
planet zoology: 10

On-foot travel: 361,107u
Alien Encouters: 124
Words collected: 507
Most units: 9,817,990
Ships destroyed: 38
Sentinels destroyed: 98
Extreme survival: 33.0
Space exploration: 10
planet zoology: 21

Finally got my Extreme Survival earlier today after the patch fixed how it calcs. Now i need a bigger ship and a much bigger multitool.

somme

On-foot travel: 540,051u
Alien Encounters: 199
Words collected: 748
Most units: 27,020,859
Ships destroyed: 262
Sentinels destroyed: 312
Extreme survival: 32.0
Space exploration: 199
planet zoology: 66

And still loving every minute.

somme

Ugh, just went in that refund thread. Never again.

Barring a few cosmetic differences (binary systems, ringed planets, proper Tatooine desert planets) - I totally bought the game I was expecting. Not sure what everyone else was smoking.

It ends when it asks u for 10 stones

To be fair, completing the Atlas Path has a pretty useful perk where you can detect systems with a Black Hole in them from the system selection screen. Now.. if only Black Holes were more useful than a fully upgraded warp drive.

Top Bottom