• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

Dabookerman said:
Very well. I don't have a classic controller, and I still think the idea of having to connect it to the Wiimote incredibly silly. So I won't get one.

In this case, I will wait for the 360 version. I don't see why they won't release it, since they're doing the first one anyway.
Thanks for the info, toodles!
NMH really opened the door to port begging, didn't it?

botticus

Dabookerman said:
Is that an accusation that I'm port begging?
Uh...
In this case, I will wait for the 360 version. I don't see why they won't release it, since they're doing the first one anyway.
I guess because you feel it's a certainty, you're not actually asking for it?

ShinNL

Dabookerman said:
So to you, that's begging for a port?

Expectation = begging now.

I see.
Nah, I think you lost this one. Stop it now, you're continuing what the other guy said you would. Derailing. I don't want to read about you when I enter this topic.

Soneet said:
Nah, I think you lost this one. Stop it now, you're continuing what the other guy said you would. Derailing. I don't want to read about you when I enter this topic.

I beg to differ, I am defending my position. You guys who continue to reply to me, falsely accusing me of trolling and port begging, are the ones derailing this thread.

Soneet said:

He lost an argument he didn't want to be in in the first place?

Mael

MSRP: $49.99/€49.99

I see they're pricing the game smartly

Dabookerman said:
I love the fact that I am labelled a troll for asking a pretty harmless question. Not once did I try to antagonize anyone in this thread. If anything it was you guys, but heh, I know how you guys act so it doesn't surprise me.
Anyway, I asked in this thread, because it is ON TOPIC. Since you guys would be the ones to follow NMH related news, and I don't hence the question.
I merely asked some questions, questions were answered, and I was ready to leave, till you are more or less telling me to not come into this thread. Who are you to tell me what thread I can or cannot post in eh?

1rst, I didn't label you a troll, I took your post as something less honest than it were (akin to 'waaaaah why is it not on my beloved 360 I'll have to use my Pii').

Dabookerman said:
Any word on the 360 version?
This was your 1rst contribution to this topic, seriously the ports of the first one isn't even out in Japan or anywhere and you want the sequel.
Anyone that went in the COD Modern Warfare 2 thread asking for where was the wii port would have been less welcomed than you were.

And you are right I don't have to tell you what to do or not but that was not to be taken seriously anyway ;)

ShinNL

Dabookerman said:
I beg to differ, I am defending my position. You guys who continue to reply to me, falsely accusing me of trolling and port begging, are the ones derailing this thread.
You weren't falsely accused. Facts provided by Mael.

silentspork said:
He lost an argument he didn't want to be in in the first place?
He was soooo aiming for this "argument". Now everything afterwards is nothing more than attention whoring.

Mael said:
This was your 1rst contribution to this topic, seriously the ports of the first one isn't even out in Japan or anywhere and you want the sequel.

I didn't say I want the sequel, I said "Any word on the 360 version". This does not equate to port begging, trolling or any such thing. Maybe the developers might have made a mention. That is what I mean, "Any word".
If you people would actually read what I wrote and not read things that I didn't actually write, then we wouldn't be here in the first place. I got what I wanted, we can all move on.

Are we done here now?

Threi

notag
shut the fuck up with that nonsense already jeez.

do it in the Modern Warfare 2 or Gears of War or other shitty game threads.

Mael

Oh I didn't even take the time to congrat doomed on this awesome official topic!
Well made(and I can't even see the screens here/at work)

Dabookerman said:
I didn't say I want the sequel, I said "Any word on the 360 version". This does not equate to port begging, trolling or any such thing. Maybe the developers might have made a mention. That is what I mean, "Any word".
If you people would actually read what I wrote and not read things that I didn't actually write, then we wouldn't be here in the first place. I got what I wanted, we can all move on.

Are we done here now?

The ports is handled by Marvelous and from what I heard (which could be wrong) Suda isn't even involved in it (see this as a Bayonneta situation where Sega is doing all the work).
So actually Suda wouldn't comment on this (and neither would Marvelous) as they've already enough problems selling games as it is without losing sales to people awaiting a port.
Now if you followed the thread regarding the hdport of the 1rst one, you would know that (and more).

And for me we were done before the last page ended (I know 50posts/page is for the weak but i didn't change the settings yet)

Sadist

Good thread.

I'll have to wait till the Rising Star release here in Europe, so we can save this game's ass too.

Europe, fuck yeah.

Mael

Sadist said:
Good thread.

I'll have to wait till the Rising Star release here in Europe, so we can save this game's ass too.

Europe, fuck yeah.

I don't know if we can be of any help here....
I mean the game's main market is REALLY the USA, we would have to get the EU numbers to know I guess.

Rising Star is also one of the few distributor that understand how to sell games, I mean unlike Eidos and their 60€ games >.>

Soneet said:
You weren't falsely accused. Facts provided by Mael.

He was soooo aiming for this "argument". Now everything afterwards is nothing more than attention whoring.

Whatever you say boss. Someone could have said "no" when he asked, but they wouldn't get their own attention that way.

Luigiv

Dabookerman said:

Are we done here now?
The problem word has been bolded. You're asking for trouble with that.
Hint: 360 version doesn't even exist yet and is nothing more then a "could happen" at the moment. By using "the" you make it sound definitive, which it is not, and therefore comes across as trolling to some.

Also if you have a Wii, there's no real need to wait for a port. Default controls are great and I'm 90% sure will be better then the classic controller scheme. If you really don't like the motion controls then Classic Controllers aren't as bad as you think. Sure it plugs into the Wii Remote, but it's also a fraction of the price of an independent controller. Just rest the Wiimote on coffee table or the chair, next to you and you won't even notice the difference to any other controller.

Sadist

It's a tongue in cheek remark actually.

A few days back there was a thread posted about Rising Star Games and their sales. Apparently Little King's Story sold "well" in Europe (the second surprise next to the first NMH) and Muramasa keeping up with their expectations.

Mael

Sadist said:
It's a tongue in cheek remark actually.

A few days back there was a thread posted about Rising Star Games and their sales. Apparently Little King's Story sold "well" in Europe (the second surprise next to the first NMH) and Muramasa keeping up with their expectations.

Yeah I know, still it's not surprising they may be the only ones appart from Nintendo providing decent price for their games so they're justly rewarded.
I mean LKS at 30 bucks? Don't mind if I do

Since you guys keep replying to me.

Luigiv said:
The problem word has been bolded. You're asking for trouble with that.
Hint: 360 version doesn't even exist yet and is nothing more then a "could happen" at the moment. By using "the" you make it sound definitive, which it is not, and therefore comes across as trolling to some.

Also if you have a Wii, there's no real need to wait for a port. Default controls are great and I'm 90% sure will be better then the classic controller scheme. If you really don't like the motion controls then Classic Controllers aren't as bad as you think. Sure it plugs into the Wii Remote, but it's also a fraction of the price of an independent controller. Just rest the Wiimote on coffee table or the chair, next to you and you won't even notice the difference to any other controller.

Yes, it's true. Because of the NMH1 port, I am now inclined to expect a port for the second one. This is a thread for No More Heroes 2. Not No More Heroes 2 for Wii fans only. I do not enjoy the default controls, and I don't agree with classic controller. I was hoping with the inclusion of the classic controller they would have made it possible for the Gamecube controller like a couple of other games have. They have not, fair enough. This is my preference to gaming, so those who don't like it, deal with it.

Mael said:
Now if you followed the thread regarding the hdport of the 1rst one, you would know that (and more).
I already explained I haven't been following, which is why I asked in this thread, which is the correct one, as it relates to the game in question.

Again guys, I came in here with a couple of questions, they were answered. No need to insist on insinuating trolling/port begging etc.

Mael

Dabookerman said:
I already explained I haven't been following, which is why I asked in this thread, which is the correct one, as it relates to the game in question.

Again guys, I came in here with a couple of questions, they were answered. No need to insist on insinuating trolling/port begging etc.

I didn't imply that you were wrong in not following the news of nmh or anything, I said IF.
IF you were following it you would be trolling, you didn't so you were just asking a question.
Ok case closed.

anyway can we go back to how Rising Star rocks in Europe?

EDarkness

Welp, can't have a Wii thread without some sort of derail/off topic crap. Awesome stuff....

Anyway, can't wait until next week. Just hope the music is as good a it was in the last game.

Magypsy23

Banned
Mael said:
anyway can we go back to how Rising Star rocks in Europe?

Rising Star sucks ass. Call me when they get off their weeaboo asses and start distributing games this side of Europe. /not entirely sarcastic

Luigiv

Dabookerman said:
Since you guys keep replying to me.

Yes, it's true. Because of the NMH1 port, I am now inclined to expect a port for the second one. This is a thread for No More Heroes 2. Not No More Heroes 2 for Wii fans only. I do not enjoy the default controls, and I don't agree with classic controller. I was hoping with the inclusion of the classic controller they would have made it possible for the Gamecube controller like a couple of other games have. They have not, fair enough. This is my preference to gaming, so those who don't like it, deal with it.
The port of the first game hasn't even released yet and is unconfirmed for regions outside of Japan. For all we know, it could flop hard and loose Marvellous money. There is no "expect", only "hope" at this point. That's why I was trying to explain that "the" was the incorrect word to use, You should have asked "Any word on a 360 version?". No one would have been so critical on you had you done so, as it's a far question.

If you're willing to wait for something that may or may not happen, that's fine, that's your choice. But not knowing from how much experience you're basing your opinions off of (have you actually played the first NMH? Have you actually used a CC? you have an odd knack of skipping over these details) I was trying to see if I might be able to convince to be a little more open minded about things.

luffeN

I am thinking about buying the Classic Controller Pro. Do you also have to connect it to the Wiimote or does it have a connector to the Wii?

Oxx

banKai said:
I am thinking about buying the Classic Controller Pro. Do you also have to connect it to the Wiimote or does it have a connector to the Wii?

Same set-up as the regular CC. Attaches to the remote.

Mael

Magypsy23 said:
Rising Star sucks ass. Call me when they get off their weeaboo asses and start distributing games this side of Europe. /not entirely sarcastic

for such a small structure they sure suck less than Capcom....

Luigiv

banKai said:
CCP connects to the Wiimote, just like the original CC.

edit: Beaten

Dascu

Thread's already off to a worse start than the one for the original. Woo boy. No offense dabookerman, but was that comment really necessary? You know how volatile situations like these are around here.

Anyway, let's rag on Ubisoft some more for seemingly sending this game out to die. That's always fun.

markatisu

Dascu said:
Anyway, let's rag on Ubisoft some more for seemingly sending this game out to die. That's always fun.

I cannot imagine Ubisoft much cares, they did not pay to develop it as they are just the publishers.

Good to Decent Sales = Yeah good for NMH2
Bad Sales = No better than the Petz and Babiez bombs we had, revenue will be made up by Just Dance

Cowie

_dementia said:
any more Genki Rockets in this one?

3961017968_c637d34381_o.gif

that's not even a particularly funny avatar quote, but it felt necessary

That said, if Star Line shows up in this game,my expectations will have been beyond met.

Mael

markatisu said:
I cannot imagine Ubisoft much cares, they did not pay to develop it as they are just the publishers.

Good to Decent Sales = Yeah good for NMH2
Bad Sales = No better than the Petz and Babiez bombs we had, revenue will be made up by Just Dance

And it's actually competing against Red Steel2....yeah don't expect much from them here

Dascu said:
Thread's already off to a worse start than the one for the original. Woo boy. No offense dabookerman, but was that comment really necessary? You know how volatile situations like these are around here.

I loved the first one and I didn't even know it was coming out in a week and I go to a damn gaming forum.:lol :lol :lol And Dabookerman have fun waiting 2 years for the HD port.

sigh

Luigiv said:
The port of the first game hasn't even released yet and is unconfirmed for regions outside of Japan. For all we know, it could flop hard and loose Marvellous money. There is no "expect", only "hope" at this point. That's why I was trying to explain that "the" was the incorrect word to use, You should have asked "Any word on a 360 version?". No one would have been so critical on you had you done so, as it's a far question.

If you're willing to wait for something that may or may not happen, that's fine, that's your choice. But not knowing from how much experience you're basing your opinions off of (have you actually played the first NMH? Have you actually used a CC? you have an odd knack of skipping over these details) I was trying to see if I might be able to convince to be a little more open minded about things.

Saying any word on a 360 version sounds more like Port Begging.
And yes I own the Wii version, and have played it for about 3 hours. But I don't like the default controls. I am very open minded, and I am neutral in all this. I just want the best gaming experience for me. I don't care what console it's on.

Dascu said:

It really isn't my fault if I can't have a simple discussion. Already threads been derailed, and I'm sure all the blame will go my way, but what can you do?

Vinnk

Great first post. Lousy first two pages. Can we take a mulligan and start this official topic over. What Dabookerman said wasn't so bad, that fact that no one would let it die was.

Getting back on topic, I wonder how censored the Japanese version will be this time. It would be nice if MMV just went all out and let it be released as a CERO Z title. It is not like it would set the charts on fire in any even but at least the fanbase in Japan (a small but devoted one) could get the original version.

EDarkness said:
Welp, can't have a Wii thread without some sort of derail/port-begging/off topic crap. Awesome stuff....

Fixed.

Back to the actual topic about the game on the Wii, it's at #180 on Amazon.com right now!

Question that will actually confirm if Ubisoft had any common sense (oxymoron), but did they advertise the game on the back of Just Dance's manual? Considering they did a trailer featuring Suda51, they could've put NMH2 on the back of the JD manual and possibly have given the game a huge amount of exposure (well, to those that actual take out their manuals :p).

VAIL

Dabookerman said:
sigh

It really isn't my fault if I can't have a simple discussion. Already threads been derailed, and I'm sure all the blame will go my way, but what can you do?

Not mentioning the other systems in every single Wii thread might be a good fucking start...

Hey look, the thread's been derailed by the second page, great!

I'm going to go pre-order the game this weekend. I'm pretty stoked for Desperate Struggle, it's easily been my most anticipated game in a long while. I think only Street Fighter 4 approached this level of hype for me.

Great job, doomed1. The most fun I've had reading an official thread OP.

Can't wait for this game. Designing alternate box art for NMH2 so it will match my GAF Collection cover.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
And so it begins, the year of "Spending shitloads of money on videogames" of 2010.
Ordered this sucker 5 minutes ago. Hope there are preorder copies left :(

Top Bottom