• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

MNC

FlashbladeGAF said:
You are responsible deal with it... your the only one people are arguing with. That is FACT

On the other hand your persistence has re-railed this thread

After all... this is the No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle Official Thread of Ultimate Vengeance
Time for some music up in this bitch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-gdrp5xwZ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPZC9hC0HG0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrgiiA7j9_M

In my opinion, three of the best tracks of Dark Side Remix Album.

MNC

Dabookerman said:
Well I am glad.

So! No overworld huh. That's pretty cool. This is a level by level basis I take it.
I think no--... Wait... No, there are definitely side missions. I think you can go to your home, select the map, and go there instantly. I think they've showed a map yet, right?

MNC said:
I think no--... Wait... No, there are definitely side missions. I think you can go to your home, select the map, and go there instantly. I think they've showed a map yet, right?

Are the side missions forced? Or optional. I don't want to carry watermelons around town again lol..
Wait of course, you did that to make money. Hmm.

Teknoman

doomed1 said:
why would you do that? The number was fake, I just put it in because it had a funny acronym or whatever those things are when you replace numbers with letters.

The better question is, who would have that phone number in real life :lol

Nicktals

Banned
MNC said:

Yeah. Jobs, side missions, main missions. Then other places like the gym, and your home, etc...All selectable from the map.

And I can't remember where, but it seems like I read a preview or hands on that said that Ubi/Suda had hinted that there still might be exploration, of some sort, in the game still.

MNC said:

Yeah, you can travel to all the important parts of the city just like the first game, just without the tedious running.

Nicktals said:
Yeah. Jobs, side missions, main missions. Then other places like the gym, and your home, etc...All selectable from the map.

And I can't remember where, but it seems like I read a preview or hands on that said that Ubi/Suda had hinted that there still might be exploration, of some sort, in the game still.

I think you can still explore all the mission areas.

Nicktals

Banned
Dabookerman said:
Are the side missions forced? Or optional. I don't want to carry watermelons around town again lol..
Wait of course, you did that to make money. Hmm.

Good question. I'm not sure if the set up is similar to the first, where you had to do each job once.

Although, they're all individual 8 bit games in this case, so I'd assume everyone would want to try them at least once!

Nicktals

Banned
AceBandage said:
I think you can still explore all the mission areas.

But will there be a point? I mean, I assumed it would be obvious that you could run around the areas!

But is there a basis for exploration? T-shirts, or cards, or balls, or anything like that?

Nicktals said:
But will there be a point? I mean, I assumed it would be obvious that you could run around the areas!

But is there a basis for exploration? T-shirts, or cards, or balls, or anything like that?

I think Suda said the masks and cards were still in the game to find.

jrricky

Banned
So I came in to read the thread about this awesome game and peoples anticipated responses, but ended up reading dabookerman stupid posts after post f'in up the thread, oy... So I skipped reading the other pages and came to the end...:-/

jrricky said:
So I came in to read the thread about this awesome game and peoples anticipated responses, but ended up reading dabookerman stupid posts after post f'in up the thread, oy... So I skipped reading the other pages and came to the end...:-/

Its ok.. his Desperate Struggle of Ultimate Vegeance got this thread back on track
LOLi

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Dabookerman said:
stuff not worth quoting
Congratulations, you have missed the point.

AceBandage said:
I think Suda said the masks and cards were still in the game to find.
You found those during the missions, not in the overworld. What I really loved to do was find the random shit all over town. It really added value in the game for me. I knew every corner of Santa Destroy before I was done with the first game and I loved it. It's just too bad if they took it out entirely...

DAMNIT! Where can I buy the Darkside remix CD, or failing that, pirate it (PM me if you only know that much). I NEED to have it NOW.

G.O.O.

I already said that, but I really think that a paragraph about the game's improvements over NMH would be useful, or at least a line about the overworld.

DAMNIT! Where can I buy the Darkside remix CD, or failing that, pirate it (PM me if you only know that much). I NEED to have it NOW.
If no one PMs you before this evening, I will.

Very much looking forward to NMH2!!!
I have been playing the first on slow burn since it was released so very long ago...I believe I'm on the final boss, time to finish it and move on to 2 :)

hellclerk

G.O.O. said:
I already said that, but I really think that a paragraph about the game's improvements over NMH would be useful, or at least a line about the overworld.

If no one PMs you before this evening, I will.
Yeah, I found it. Took some searching though. In any case, I'm set now.

HYPE HYPE HYPE

Volcynika said:
Are there some nice high res wallpapers out there? I need to NMH my desktop both at home and work!

I too would like to request the same. If we can make request or such from our more talented members could someone make a Henry focused wallpaper?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
JEKKI said:
omg I wanna play this game so much...

But I don't have a tv anymore

:(
Me neither.
I'll just have this game lying on my desk in my dorm room until I get to go back home :/

Surgeon Rocket said:
Me neither.
I'll just have this game lying on my desk in my dorm room until I get to go back home :/

yeah. thats just as terrible as the guy who has no tv.

can't bring the wii and tv to the dorm, or not worth it?

thefro

EzLink said:
So is there an embargo for this? I'm assuming there is since I don't think any reviews have hit yet

They said on the IGN podcast that Bozon's review is going up there Friday (tomorrow).

Wait... since this game has over 50 assassins does that mean there might over 50 levels? Because that's gonna make this a long game.

Not too sure on this, but I remember them saying the overworld was being reworked but not completely thrown out?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
You don't actually fight 50 assassins, I'm sure. Like the football assassin, Charlie McDonell, some will be in clusters.

Overworld is a 2d map. Point n click

I bought the Japanese version of Bayonetta at the end of last year, so this is my first OMG HYPE!! game of 2010 :D Preorder for the US version is in, just gotta hope this arrives quickly because my hype level for the game is rising and rising. Potential GOTY for me here and we're not even one month into the year!

hellclerk

I AM JOHN! said:
You are not John Harker.
No I am not. John had some family things he had to deal with and asked me to put it together. Since I alrady asked if I could do the text, I obliged. Also, I won't be putting up the ign review. They don't deserve the clicks.

doomed1 said:
No I am not. John had some family things he had to deal with and asked me to put it together. Since I alrady asked if I could do the text, I obliged. Also, I won't be putting up the ign review. They don't deserve the clicks.

You'll be putting up the score though, right?

ILikeFeet

Banned
woot! im hyped for this game, but i cant get it launch day like i planned :( i caved and got Mana Khemia 2 (which i still havent opened). but i should join the fun eventually

Ridley327

CaVaYeRo said:
He'd like to make a The Holly Mountain game :D

Well, I know what I'm doing when I get rich! I wonder how he'd go about tackling the jaguar head breasts.

Also, I held the game in my hands at work today :swoon:

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
How's the first game? Can someone give an honest opinion? I've heard mixed reviews - just finished Mario Galaxy and Prime 3 so I need a new game to pick up.

doomed1 said:
I wouldn't worry. The review will make it's way into the thread. It just won't be in the OP.

Got it. I'd still be interested in the score compared to the first game even if I don't read the actual review.

Edit: That was fast :D

Yeah, IGN's video reviews are horrible about spoilers.
Anyway, good score, especially considering what he gave the original (which I think was far too low, but eh).

Top Bottom