• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

-PXG-

Good news. GameStop is holding a midnight release for Mass Effect 2. NMH2 is also SD'd for the 26th. That means that you should be able to get NMH2 at midnight as well.

EzLink

Banned
Woooo! NMH is easily in my top 3 favorite Wii games despite its flaws, and I'm going to guess this one will surpass it. I haven't been following it closely because I want to be surprised, but this last week is gonna be killer

Jeramii

Banned
NMH1 is one of my favorite wii games ever, i love grasshopper studios with all my heart.

but I really haven't been following development of NMH2, can anyone fill me in. I have been wondering if there will be better interactions between you and the city.

what i mean by this... in the first nmh, you drive into a car and your bike falls down. you drive into any of the few people on the streets, they hardly are effected by it.

will there be more traffic, pedestrians, and actual side effects of hitting cars or people (by accident or on purpose). does this make sense? but yeah... any known word of this yet? all i've seen are videos of the games combat (which looks as good as ever!).

GWX

Jeramii said:
NMH1 is one of my favorite wii games ever, i love grasshopper studios with all my heart.

but I really haven't been following development of NMH2, can anyone fill me in. I have been wondering if there will be better interactions between you and the city.

what i mean by this... in the first nmh, you drive into a car and your bike falls down. you drive into any of the few people on the streets, they hardly are effected by it.

will there be more traffic, pedestrians, and actual side effects of hitting cars or people (by accident or on purpose). does this make sense? but yeah... any known word of this yet? all i've seen are videos of the games combat (which looks as good as ever!).

No overworld this time.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Luigiv said:
The problem word has been bolded. You're asking for trouble with that.
Hint: 360 version doesn't even exist yet and is nothing more then a "could happen" at the moment. By using "the" you make it sound definitive, which it is not, and therefore comes across as trolling to some.

Also if you have a Wii, there's no real need to wait for a port. Default controls are great and I'm 90% sure will be better then the classic controller scheme. If you really don't like the motion controls then Classic Controllers aren't as bad as you think. Sure it plugs into the Wii Remote, but it's also a fraction of the price of an independent controller. Just rest the Wiimote on coffee table or the chair, next to you and you won't even notice the difference to any other controller.
http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/no-more-heroes-heroes-paradise/338249?playlist=featured

EzLink

Banned
GWX said:
No overworld this time.

Wait, shit, what? Sure the overworld in the first was weak, but there was so much potential for improvement plus it allowed for me to obsessively hunt for shirts.

... You can still go to various places and find collectibles and stuff right? It's not just 100% linear story missions is it?

Fuck, I'm a little worried now

Dascu

EzLink said:
Wait, shit, what? Sure the overworld in the first was weak, but there was so much potential for improvement plus it allowed for me to obsessively hunt for shirts.

... You can still go to various places and find collectibles and stuff right? It's not just 100% linear story missions is it?

Fuck, I'm a little worried now

You still have side-jobs and assassination missions. There don't seem to be any collectibles and scavenger hunts anymore though.

-PXG- said:
Good news. GameStop is holding a midnight release for Mass Effect 2. NMH2 is also SD'd for the 26th. That means that you should be able to get NMH2 at midnight as well.
That's assuming it's street dated. MNH should arrive the 27th along with Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

ChoklitReign said:
So no more shirts? :(

There are still shirts

but it may be limited to buying them instead of finding them.

EmCeeGramr said:
954479_20091214_790screen008.jpg

954479_20091214_790screen009.jpg

954479_20091214_790screen010.jpg

954479_20091214_790screen011.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol

EzLink

Banned
So now I'm reading Heroes Paradise won't be coming to EU or NA :( I would have totally double dipped for that. Sucks

Glad the shirts are back in NMH2 though

EzLink said:
So now I'm reading Heroes Paradise won't be coming to EU or NA :( I would have totally double dipped for that. Sucks

Is that confirmed or did Ubisoft just say they weren't bringing it over?

Anyway, I can't wait for next week. I really need to pre-order at GS sometime today.

Agnates

Banned
By the way, I made this shitty wallpaper using the ripped art from the official site from the other thread. Just in case anyone wants it. I don't have any skill I wish someone with skill would make one, but I'm using this on Windows7 with a red tinted theme and it works ok :D

This official thread should use more of that art to be prettier though :p

-PXG- said:

Also, Amazon isn't even offering Release Date Delivery for NMH2. The usual logic leads to the 27th being the day GS gets in NMH2.

EzLink

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
Is that confirmed or did Ubisoft just say they weren't bringing it over?

Anyway, I can't wait for next week. I really need to pre-order at GS sometime today.

I think its just confirmed that Ubi won't be bringing it over. I guess its possible that it will get picked up by another publisher, but I'm not holding my breath

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Suda damnit dabookerman, why do you have to ruin the thread with your shitty derailing. It's not like a theoretical HD NMH2 is ever going to make it state-side anyway, like the original. So unless you have some things to add to the discussion gtfo
wasrbp.gif

Also, I got the title spell-checked. I wasn't very lucid at 4am when I was making the thread, so it's better now. My policy still stands though, if you want a better banner, make it yourself and contact me. goodness knows I'd love to have something better than the slop i just threw together there...

Nekobo

Fuck yes, day one. Gonna toss Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 aside for this baby.

C-Jo said:
Any word yet on a soundtrack for this one? Masafumi Takada = <3

Also day one for this!

Teknoman

I called the number and someone answered the phone >_< Hung up immediately. It was a woman, but im not sure if that was a language other than english, or she was just speaking really fast.

Anyone else want to give it a shot?

doomed1 said:
Suda damnit dabookerman, why do you have to ruin the thread with your shitty derailing. It's not like a theoretical HD NMH2 is ever going to make it state-side anyway, like the original. So unless you have some things to add to the discussion gtfo
wasrbp.gif

AceBandage said:
Man, this is such a great threa-
FUCK!
Already ruined on the first thread.
This is why we can't have anything nice, people!

Yup, continue proving my point. I left, business was done, nope. I ruined the thread, for asking a simple question. You continue hours after I left.
This is why I can't stand fanboys. Fucking ignorant morons.

kinggroin

Banned
Dabookerman said:
Yup, continue proving my point. I left, business was done, nope. I ruined the thread, for asking a simple question. You continue hours after I left.

Damnit booker! Again? A-fucking-gain?

Now we'll have to complain for another 3 pages before we get back to talking about ....

..the fuck we were talking about?

Nicktals

Banned
Dabookerman said:

There is no 360 version of NMH 2.

That's the info.

Now leave please? You really don't have to respond to every response, every time someone else tells you to leave.

just.

leave.

Nekobo said:
Fuck yes, day one. Gonna toss Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 aside for this baby.

LOL for me, Bayonetta is making the wait feel shorter

I Need more quality JPN games in my Next(this)Gen gaming diet

Nicktals said:
There is no 360 version of NMH 2.

That's the info.

Now leave please? You really don't have to respond to every response, every time someone else tells you to leave.

just.

leave.

I got what I wanted ages ago. And I had already left. How about stop saying how much I derailed the thread, and antagonizing members? Hours after I left huh?

Dabookerman said:

Apparently not...

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
C-Jo said:
Hell yes. I'm hoping it'll show up (if?)/when the Japanese version is released.
Oh, it's coming out alright. There's a Japanese website too.

Teknoman said:
I called the number and someone answered the phone >_< Hung up immediately. It was a woman, but im not sure if that was a language other than english, or she was just speaking really fast.

Anyone else want to give it a shot?
why would you do that? The number was fake, I just put it in because it had a funny acronym or whatever those things are when you replace numbers with letters.

Dabookerman said:
Well, what would you say to someone saying they'd rather wait for the 360 version in the Metal Gear Solid 4 thread? They'd probably be banned before you could hit reply. It's got nothing to do with what platform the game COULD be on, it's got to do with the attitude that goes with that sense of entitlement. Your post screams "Oh, look at me, I'm above all that waggling nonsense" Please, you make yourself look like an ignorant moron. Now, if you really want to commit to that "done with business" thing and really live up to it, you'll drop this and not reply, though you didn't seem to have a problem with coming back and trolling some more.

Nicktals

Banned
Dabookerman said:
I got what I wanted ages ago. And I had already left. How about stop saying how much I derailed the thread, and antagonizing members? Hours after I left huh?

Then why are you still here?

Here, try something. Go back in time, back to the creation of the Modern Warfare 2 thread. As soon as it's created, ask "Any word on the superior Wii version?"

Then, individually respond to every single response you get. Make sure to stress how it's superior in your opinion, and that, since the first had been announced, that it's an absolute given that it will be coming, and that it will be superior (again, stress that it's your opinion, and then make sure to respond to every person who questions your criteria).

Now, in my opion, and assuming you hadn't gotten banned, I believe you would still be responding back and forth.

Or, you could just leave the thread, since you've already gotten the information you wanted, and have already 'left' several times. Let's see if we can't make it stick, eh?

EDIT: Also, I never said you derailed the thread. I think you saying "This is why I can't stand fanboys. Fucking ignorant morons." is completely erroneous, and out of line. Seeing as if you did my scenario described above in the MW2 thread, YOU would be the one being called a fucking ignorant fanboy. I think the condescension you're receiving is perfectly valid seeing as you WON'T FUCKING LEAVE.

Dabookerman said:

The 2nd guy you quoted didnt call you out. He was just upset that things got off to a bad predictable start.

And sure the OP called you out for asking questions he didnt agree with in his thread, but you could of been the bigger man and walked away instead of calling the people upset fuckin morons.

If they are morons for adding gas to the flame then what does that make you for jumping back into the fire.

doomed1 said:
Well, what would you say to someone saying they'd rather wait for the 360 version in the Metal Gear Solid 4 thread? They'd probably be banned before you could hit reply. It's got nothing to do with what platform the game COULD be on, it's got to do with the attitude that goes with that sense of entitlement. Your post screams "Oh, look at me, I'm above all that waggling nonsense" Please, you make yourself look like an ignorant moron. Now, if you really want to commit to that "done with business" thing and really live up to it, you'll drop this and not reply, though you didn't seem to have a problem with coming back and trolling some more.

I don't need to drop something that was dropped hours ago. You guys continue to persist. I don't like being called a troll because I did not make a trollish comment. You guys are constantly having this persecution complex where if someone mentions another console that isn't the Wii you start waving your troll/derail finger. Many people have said about the MGS4 coming to 360 comment. I answer them with a, "I'm certain it won't happen". If the comment appears to be trollish, I laugh it off. I don't moan for fucking hours on end.
I don't enjoy waggling in my games, so what? I still buy Wii games, scarcely, but I still do. I had already dropped it, I didn't reply as proven in this thread. Then you and Acebandage over here CONTINUE. You're calling me the troll! Again, I'm as entitled as anyone else to post in this thread. You guys continue to persist, once again. So don't go around blaming me. Perhaps if you don't keep accusing me as personally responsible for derailing this thread. I'm perfectly entitled to defend my position.
Deal with it.

MNC

Ataturk said:
No EU release date :/ Wiis are region locked, right?
Yes, although... That Fatal Frame patch made FF regionfree, so EU/US can play the translation patch. Makes me wonder. It wasn't homebrew either. I will obviously wait because of the inevitable anti-patch-patch Nintendo brings in :|

Dabookerman said:
I don't need to drop something that was dropped hours ago. You guys continue to persist. I don't like being called a troll because I did not make a trollish comment. You guys are constantly having this persecution complex where if someone mentions another console that isn't the Wii you start waving your troll/derail finger. Many people have said about the MGS4 coming to 360 comment. I answer them with a, "I'm certain it won't happen". If the comment appears to be trollish, I laugh it off. I don't moan for fucking hours on end.
I don't enjoy waggling in my games, so what? I still buy Wii games, scarcely, but I still do. I had already dropped it, I didn't reply as proven in this thread. Then you and Acebandage over here CONTINUE. You're calling me the troll! Again, I'm as entitled as anyone else to post in this thread. You guys continue to persist, once again. So don't go around blaming me. Perhaps if you don't keep accusing me as personally responsible for derailing this thread. I'm perfectly entitled to defend my position.
Deal with it.

You are responsible deal with it... your the only one people are arguing with. That is FACT

On the other hand your persistence has re-railed this thread

After all... this is the No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle Official Thread of Ultimate Vengeance

Top Bottom