• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

Can't stay in this topic too long. Anger...slowly...building...I can only read so much BS about the game lacking soul and other arbitrary garbage and NMH1 being placed on a god tier pedestal before I flip out and break something

Zoramon089 said:
Can't stay in this topic too long. Anger...slowly...building...I can only read so much BS about the game lacking soul and other arbitrary garbage and NMH1 being placed on a god tier pedestal before I flip out and break something

The ONLY thing NMH2 lacks is an awesome final battle.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Zoramon089 said:
Although I don't think I said it explicitly in this topic, I was one of the people who thought NMH1 was a better game than the second.

I recently went back and played through NMH1 and realized I was wrong. Though, there are some things it does better than the first like combat moves, character exposition, and a few other small things here and there.

vareon

AceBandage said:
The ONLY thing NMH2 lacks is an awesome final battle.

Agreed. Both games are great (obviously with flaws) but NMH2 lacks the buildup to an awesome final battle, and the final battle itself wasn't that satisfying.

G.O.O.

I fucking hate you, Japan. I hate you so damn much, and you don't even deserve these presents because you probably won't even BUY them. :(

Serenade said:
character exposition
One of the reasons I prefer NMH2 is that the characters often don't even need exposition. You "get" what they are rather quickly, they don't have to talk that much.

farnham

Banned
MI26B0016.jpg

so NMH2 will get a release in japan soon and it will have a limited "hoppers edition" with a DVD called No More Heroes 1.5

this DVD contains an Anime Movie which tells the story between NMH 1 and 2

oh and also the boxart of the regular version

RVL-P-RUYJ.jpg

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Dascu said:
I'm really annoyed we didn't get a deal like that.
It's Ubisoft, dude. We're never getting anything like this in the US even if Marvelous wanted to. Ubi's so cheap they don't even include manuals with their games anymore.

Wizpig

That collector's edition... damn... I can't believe i have the shitty version published by Ubisoft with the 2-pages, black & white instructions book... damn... :'(

Wizpig said:
That collector's edition... damn... I can't believe i have the shitty version published by Ubisoft with the 2-pages, black & white instructions book... damn... :'(

It is really a tragedy
They could have at least packed it with the Darkside Remix.

Bizzyb

Banned
VideoMan said:
It's Ubisoft, dude. We're never getting anything like this in the US even if Marvelous wanted to. Ubi's so cheap they don't even include manuals with their games anymore.

You mean they don't include color manuals that have more than 4-5 pages. I'm pretty sure the games still have manuals. Isn't it like required or something?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I just picked this up over the weekend and I'm loving it so far. I'm rank 5 and am really digging it. Quick question, there are still more challenges in Ryan's Gym even though it shows all of my stars for both Stamina and Strength as full. Do I need to do these ones to max Travis out? I did the stamina one but the strength one (it costs 14k a try) is some serious bullshit.

SaintZ

Gosh, that cover is amazing and the art of Alice and Margaret is pretty cool too. I'm still waiting for an artbook of the first game :/ I want all of those drawings!

boiled goose

good with gravy
definitely enjoying this game so far. rank 3 or 4.

despite liking to ride the bike in the first one, streamlined map is much better. maybe they could have done something a bit in between and make it a mario like world map with some secret missions or something.

combat is still great.

bosses diverse and fun.

minigames are great.

switching swords in game = good.

Cons:

variety of extra missions seems less than first one.
loading times still terrible. seem worse because of reduced transit time.

all in all seems like a solid sequel. would have maybe liked a bit more added depth to combat, but overall still lots of fun. :)

Top Bottom