• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

gamingeek

Oxx said:
I stuck with the dual beam katanas as soon as I got them. The big, slow one didn't impress me much.

175371_10_1274432222.jpg

Your post needed a pic.

The longsword works pretty well at holding bosses at bay. It's powerful but slow. I rarely use it as I'm used to the dual katanas now but it's occasionally useful.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Way to go autotune, I really like the remix. Still prefer the original.

On another note, I'm sure the remix isn't the only thing they added into the PAL version.

Minamu

Beat the game tonight. Almost 15 hours with almost every piece of clothing purchased. The ending was pretty clever once I got it explained to me :lol I forgot to use the Dark Stepping ability for most of the game so it was a bit harder than it needed to be I guess. Strangely, the first game felt more varied than this. Maybe slightly too streamlined this time around. The loading times sure aren't very streamlined though. Damn xD.

Bug Out is so awesome :lol One of the best mini-games ever I believe.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I have no idea why people like Margaret's theme. For me it is one of the worst tracks, by far, across both games. That remix does the best it can to salvage that train wreck.

Minamu

Yeah, man the meat was great too. I started enjoying the pizza delivery as well even though I can't make through level 3 and 4 without crashing (that's what you get for going 200+ mph without breaking). I got enough of pipes in Bioshock so lay the pipe wasn't as good anymore :(

NotWii

Banned
EatChildren said:
I have no idea why people like Margaret's theme. For me it is one of the worst tracks, by far, across both games. That remix does the best it can to salvage that train wreck.
You're a goddam phillistine!

Those lyrics played in the song when I read your post :p

G.O.O.

Like most of the VG songs I hear, I wouldn't even listen to it entirely if I heard it on the radio. It's the context and what it generally reminds me of that matters, and the fact that Margaret looks like someone who would completely hate this pop song makes it even more interesting.

Celine

Played for 3 hours, now I'm rank 24.
It's bizzare that cut scenes have slow downs.
Assassin 25th remember me of Evangelion for N64 :D

Jokeropia

I just beat the final muscle training game and I'm so freaking happy. :lol

This game goes back and forth between being awesomely fucked up and majorly frustrating. Fortunately it's awesome most of the time.

Celine

Jokeropia said:

This game goes back and forth between being awesomely fucked up and majorly frustrating. Fortunately it's awesome most of the time.
So true.
Whoever thought that using the B and Z keys to do that training was a good idea should be fired.

The Kimmy Howell's fight is totally crazy.

ivysaur12

Banned
Jokeropia said:

The training is easily my least favorite part of the game, but you need to do it. Ugh.

olimpia84

I got this in the mail today (finally). Unfortunately SMG2, BC2 and the World Cup are taking all my time but I will eventually get to this. Here's hoping it's better than the first one (which I loved).

conman

Finally got a chance to play this. The first NMH is by far my favorite Wii game, so I've been eagerly waiting to have the time to play NMH2. Unfortunately, if NMH is all about sexual frustration (and a tongue-in-cheek critique of Otaku culture), then NMH2 is all about sexual gratification (without any critique whatsoever).

Bummer. Major disappointment.

It's also just too clean and polished of a game all around. Doesn't have any of the endearing rough edges of the first. I mean, how "punk" can it be if it's this polished?

Celine

conman said:
Finally got a chance to play this. The first NMH is by far my favorite Wii game, so I've been eagerly waiting to have the time to play NMH2. Unfortunately, if NMH is all about sexual frustration (and a tongue-in-cheek critique of Otaku culture), then NMH2 is all about sexual gratification (without any critique whatsoever).

It's also just too clean and polished of a game all around. Doesn't have any of the endearing rough edges of the first. I mean, how "punk" can it be if it's this polished?
Not at all.
It's a bit better than the first one but it isn't saying much.
Still need to be more polished.

BTW anyone know the fastest way to grind money in the game ?

conman

Celine said:
Not at all.
It's a bit better than the first one but it isn't saying much.
Still need to be more polished.
Nah. The sequel's just faking it. All the cheap and cheeky stuff feels forced. First one just seemed more authentic, as though Suda had just been putting everything he could think of in the game without second-guessing himself.

This one's just too carefully designed and put together. Whatever "roughness" it still has is just trying too hard to recapture the aura of the first one. I'm just not feeling it.

In the first game, you could never be sure whether the sloppy design and look of the game was deliberate. But in the second one, it's clear that it's deliberate. Makes the whole game seem self-indulgent. Far less enjoyable.

Sadist

Got the game finally two days ago and completed it the day after haha.

Anyway, I still think the game is good, but I kind of missed those typical NMH dialogues in Desperate Struggle. Sure, there were several cool scenes with
Skelter Helter, (lol) Letz Shake, (Didn't see that one coming), New Desteroyman, the Margaret Moonlight fight and the number two assassin.
But they didn't have that "zing" if you know what I mean? Allthough I liked the intro's before a fight by that chick.

The best improvements in the game are the several 2D minigames which made me chuckle. The Pizza with a vengeance mission is my favourite, but Bugout is cool aswell. I did like the Man the Meat mini-game too, just because to hear some dude yelling at you "TASTES LIKE SHIT" :lol

The fighting engine was pretty spruced up, pretty awesome. Fighting of goons feels smooth and I love the new Darkside Mode with Travis turning into a tiger :lol

Minamu

Celine said:
BTW anyone know the fastest way to grind money in the game ?
There's a glitch of sorts where you can net 100k very fast in the collect garbage in space job. Otherwise I prefer the Bug Out job. You can easily get around 100k from that if you don't die (45k on lvl 4 alone). And it's actually fun too!

Wizpig

conman said:

Yeeeah, removing the overworld because of lack of development time feels so polished.

And when you change your sword you have invincibility frames all the time, so you can abuse that against strong bosses. SO polished.

I don't think you understand what Suda wants to make.
It seems to me you play Suda games expecting shitty gameplay and shitty everything, but still manage to get a fantastic experience out of it.

Well, while this is true for some of his games I'm pretty sure Suda doesn't want to make games likes that; he wants to make polished games just like everyone else.
And when he manages to do so, you should be happy.

NMH 2 failed because he isn't the Director and because of development time... and it's still a fantastic game.

But saying it's a disappointment because it's too clean and polished? damn.
It's the exact opposite.

conman

Wizpig said:
Well, while this is true for some of his games I'm pretty sure Suda doesn't want to make games likes that; he wants to make polished games just like everyone else.
And when he manages to do so, you should be happy.
But that's just it. Part of what made both Killer 7 and NMH so good was that you could never quite be sure whether the sloppy design was an intentional stylistic choice or not. But in NMH2 it just looks/feels too deliberate. Didn't realize he wasn't the director this time around. That could easily explain it.

NMH 2 failed because he isn't the Director and because of development time... and it's still a fantastic game.
Wait. It "failed" and it's "fantastic"? I'm confused.

Wizpig

Failed when compared to the first one in my opinion.
Failed with the bosses charisma and failed to improve the overworld.

It's still a great game.

We discussed this a lot in these months; better game, worse experience, or something like that.
This is why I don't want No More Heroes 3, but I want Suda back as a Director on something new or, if not new, not No More Heroes related.

For starters I want The Silver Case, damn it.

CO_Andy

Himuro said:
How come I have so much trouble doing certain wrestling moves in NMH? Doing nunchuck left + wiimote up wrestling move is impossible.
Uh, what? Swing your remote in any general direction and it registers.

Celine

Played 5 straight hours today.
Now I'm ranked 4th , have a slim Jeane and did all the trainings ( I was surprised to beat the last trainings at first try :D ).

What can I say ?
Shinobu
platforming isn't as bad as depicted in this thread IMO.
I actually enjoyed playing as her.
Henry
sucks however, he feels useless.

Riuji
was by far the hardest boss I met thus far.
I thoguht that
Captain Vladimir
was avery cool boss.
Glory to Soviet Union :D

Fake edit:
Also I find the music in the sequel overall better than the those in the first one.

Fake edit 2:
In the boss battle against 5th and 4th assassins I couldn't make the supplex moves cause Travis wouldn't catch the opponent when I pressed B during a stunning.
Is that normal ? I discovered later that I didn't read the last couple of mags about wrestling moves could that be the cause ?

Celine

Flying_Phoenix said:
All I know is that I want Suda to be the director of the third entry.

Okay now this is confusing. Because in the first you find out that Slyvia was a con-artist. But in the second you find that the "UAA" is still alive and well having tons of participants. I don't get it. Is there such thing as a UAA? Is it all just con men/women? What gives?
I believe that in the first game UAA was just a scam created by Sylvia to profiting from it.
However that scam was "real" because people really wanted to killed other people to feel alive.
In the second game the Pizza But president revived the organization through his money so it can be seen as an authentic organization compared to the first one however it still the desire of blood ( and the inability to escape it ) to fuel its existence.

Finished the game yesterday ( what a cheap last boss ).
Overall enjoyed it, really liked the Shinobu section.
Also really great ending where the main characters seems to switch their position.
Travis has found his "paradise" in Sylvia and not in the bloodsheed like he thought during the first boss in NMH1.
Sylvia now ( during the peep show ) seems to regret her past actions concerning the UAA thus agreeing with Travis that UAA was basically useless however in a surprising twist Travis tell her that "Santa Destry still need them".
In a similar way to the NMH1 ending , but more subtle, they are confirming a potential sequel.

Also has anyone noticed how the only part of Travis we ever can seen while on the peep show is Travis left hand ( that is naked ) in the beginning and Travis right hand just at the end and it doesn't have Jeane's glove anymore ?
Seems like in NMH2 Travis is still haunted by Jeane memory ( he secretly love her ) but at the end of NMH2 Sylvia has replaced her.

Is this authentic ?
http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/1623...-2-the-bosses-part-2/MargretandAlice-620x.jpg

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
65086t.jpg
65086t.jpg
65086t.jpg

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle will finally see release in Japan on October 21!

2jd2jgl.jpg

But wait, there's more! It comes with a whole shit-ton of extras!

In addition to the regular game release, the special "Hoppers Edition" comes with the game, a DVD containing a movie written by Suda51 called No More Heroes 1.5 , a fanbook, and the Official Soundtrack!

256zfyv.jpg

Preorder this shit now and get an Erotica Comic! Now you can slice heads and jack off your own!

All this at the wonderful low price of $101 LBs! (or almost 8980 moon bucks)

Import all of it, you morans

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1237629_1124.html
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/07/1...-heroes-2-desperate-struggle-limited-edition/

Top Bottom