• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Xbox Stock

nick776

I just tried to buy an Xbox Series S for someone as a gift (birthday present). In my area, my local Target store is showing "no longer sold in store" for both the Series X and the Series S. Best Buy doesn't have any in stock either, and shows pickup AND delivery unavailable for the Series S. Amazon doesn't have Series S in stock either. Has anyone else experienced no stock (assuming people actually WANT to buy an Xbox)?

laynelane

I saw them at my local GameStop yesterday. Do you have one in your area? As more of a specialty store, you may have more luck there.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Try dell.com

They actually have quite complete xbox console products and you often can take advantage of AMEX credit card Dell offer.

tAXGiwa.png

nick776

The white 1TB S is coming out soon.
Yeah, I knew that, but I did not think it was going to replace the 500GB version. Perhaps they are updating the outer box/packaging to feature Call of Duty and that is the reason it is sold out most places.

laynelane

Did not check there, honestly because I despise them and would rather light money on fire than give it to them. I've hated them since I was a kid and they would sell "new" games for full price even though they have been opened.

I remember that. Things haven't changed much, imo. A little while ago I asked about controllers and was told they only had used. I don't like buying used controllers because of problems in the past. The response was I could buy "insurance" to replace the controller if it didn't work. Basically pay extra for no good reason. I also don't buy from them because of their history and continued shadiness. I do buy from a local store which isn't part of a chain, but there's so few of those left that I didn't think it worth mentioning. Though is it possible one might be in your area?

nick776

I remember that. Things haven't changed much, imo. A little while ago I asked about controllers and was told they only had used. I don't like buying used controllers because of problems in the past. The response was I could buy "insurance" to replace the controller if it didn't work. Basically pay extra for no good reason. I also don't buy from them because of their history and continued shadiness. I do buy from a local store which isn't part of a chain, but there's so few of those left that I didn't think it worth mentioning. Though is it possible one might be in your area?
I remember buying a game one time as a kid, opening it and playing it and hating it so bad that I tried to return it less than 2 hours later. They would not refund me my money because it was now "used" even though they open them in the store to put the box on display. As a kid, it pissed me off so much that I have never bought from them since.

StereoVsn

Yeah, I knew that, but I did not think it was going to replace the 500GB version. Perhaps they are updating the outer box/packaging to feature Call of Duty and that is the reason it is sold out most places.
You should look for a used/refurb Series X. It’s a better deal overall with more storage and should last longer during cross gen period. Plus it’s good to have options around physical media.

Frwrd

500 GIF by ZedgeOfficial

In all seriousness though, this is somewhat surprising yet it isn't at the same time. I'm not entirely sure what to think of it.
I mean, I'm quite sure MS|XB still has tons of yet-to-be-sold consoles in stock somewhere, and they'll benefit from getting 'rid' of them BUT I'm not entirely sure they even want to.
I bet they rather sell those precious Fire Sticks along with many months worth of GamePass Ultimate subs.

Then again, I'm a nobody in all this, so what do I know...

Last edited:
One of the Gamestops nearby has a Series X but none of the Gamestops have a Series S.
Best Buy is out of both in store but can get some online for pickup.
Target is out, I'm not checking Walmart, F Walmart.

El Muerto

Gold Member
I seen some at Walmart the other day. But I would just buy from Microsoft directly. I got mine pretty quick from them if you can wait a few days. They also have refurb units.

demigod

I just tried to buy an Xbox Series S for someone as a gift (birthday present). In my area, my local Target store is showing "no longer sold in store" for both the Series X and the Series S. Best Buy doesn't have any in stock either, and shows pickup AND delivery unavailable for the Series S. Amazon doesn't have Series S in stock either. Has anyone else experienced no stock (assuming people actually WANT to buy an Xbox)?
Who’s your enemy that you want to gift them a potato machine?

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Sorry, looks like your best bet is an Amazon Fire Stick
It's not terrible. I tried it yesterday. Works fine for the kids. Games show a little compression in the graphics and input lag is probably not noticeable to them. It's better than keeping a second PC available to them for these types of games and its better than having them play them on my PC.

• LOL
Reactions: GHG

King Dazzar

The second hand market is very healthy here in the UK. Literally hundreds of them. Its as though people bought them and then realised they're a bit shit. A lot less Series X's.

MH3M3D

Its because they quit making them. I just bought a Series X yesterday and the manufacture date was nov 2023!

King Dazzar

Its because they quit making them. I just bought a Series X yesterday and the manufacture date was nov 2023!
I was lucky and manged to get a second hand one with a manufacture date of August 2023 for £277. Spotless, no dust on the heatsinks or fan at all. All the other opened never used, all had mid 2023 manufacture dates when I was looking. So your date doesn't surprise me.

I remember buying a game one time as a kid, opening it and playing it and hating it so bad that I tried to return it less than 2 hours later. They would not refund me my money because it was now "used" even though they open them in the store to put the box on display. As a kid, it pissed me off so much that I have never bought from them since.
When I was young, they took returns within the return period regardless of condition. For the past ten years or so they have an exchange policy that depends on your “power level”, ranging from 3-10 days. You can exchange opened games once.

SimTourist

Too late, completely sold out, you're gonna have to make do with an unpopular option like the ps5

MayauMiao

Isn't it a bit mean to gift your friend a Series S?

Rambone

The Gift of a Series-S. An excellent way to break off a friendship.

Every time they get frustrated due to lack of storage space and bottom of the barrel performance they will have you to thank. J/K (not really), it's a nice gesture. For $100 more you can get a PS5 digital at Target. Decisions.

1p1O6Nb.png

Top Bottom