• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA reveals line-up for Nintendo DS/3DS [Dates, Trailers, Delays, Announcements]

TehOh

CTRL+F "Picross"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This doesn't exactly leave much for NOA to announce during the presumable Nintendo Direct next week, unless there actually is going to be a significant Wii U focus, which I doubt. Oh well.

tuffy

I'm okay with this.
  • Code of Princess
  • Crosswords Plus
  • Fluidity: Spin Cycle
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  • Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
  • Unchained Blades
  • Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward
Though it's missing some must-have titles, it's still a good list of "maybes" and "definites".

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Some people are never satisfied, just shrug and move on.

It is kinda funny seeing a gaming community with a huge backlog complain about release dates.

Falch

If Luigis Mansion comes out this late in the US, then we won't see it in Europe as well this year.

iQtLNJUtsMiMF.gif

My feelings exactly.

I want a 3DS XL, but I'm only buying it when I get a new game, aka Luigi's Mansion.

Paper Mario than, maybe.

Could it be that Luigis Mansion is ready for the holidays but Nintendo decided to sit on the game a little longer to spread out releases and not release everything at once? They did that before.

Don't get too excited, it's probably just the Virtual Console release for GB Gradius/Nemesis or even NES Gradius. I'd love it if Konami/M2 ported the Rebirth series to 3DS eShop though. And continued it... what happened to Salamander/Jackal Rebirth?

Q4 for Wario Land II probably means 2013 for Wario Land 3. Ugh.

I don't mind some of the delays, my wallet and back log are already crying over not having picked up Theaterhythm, Rhythm Thief, and Kingdom Hearts 3D. There are at least 5 games on that list I will definitely purchase.

pixelpai

Neo Member
If Luigis Mansion comes out this late in the US, then we won't see it in Europe as well this year.

iQtLNJUtsMiMF.gif

That.

As we Europeans already got Freakyform, Art Academy and Sparke.. I hope there will be something to "fill up" our release-schedule.

Nintendo 3DS

Publisher Title Available
Activision Publishing, Inc. Angry Birds Trilogy October
Activision Publishing, Inc. Bratz: Fashion Boutique October
Activision Publishing, Inc. Lalaloopsy: Carnival of Friends October
Activision Publishing, Inc. Moshi Monsters Moshlings Theme Park October
Activision Publishing, Inc. Skylanders Giants Oct. 21
Activision Publishing, Inc. TRANSFORMERS PRIME Oct. 30
Activision Publishing, Inc. The Trash Pack October
Activision Publishing, Inc. Wipeout 3 October
Activision Publishing, Inc. Wreck It Ralph October

Looks like Activision is taking a big ol' dumb on the 3DS in October.

It's a truly sad lineup when the game I'm looking forward to most is a sequel to CrossworDS.

And look at that, still no release date for Picross E. Nintendo, you are bad.

jerry1594

Seems like a pretty decent line up to me. I just need Vita to bomb a little longer so I can try to pick these both up. Can someone explain Cave Story again? Hasn't it been released on 3DS like 3 times already?

zroid

Banned
CTRL+F "Picross"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:|

That.

As we Europeans already got Freakyform, Art Academy and Sparke.. I hope there will be something to "fill up" our release-schedule.
Probably not besides lots of VC stuff we Americans get to wait an additional 4-6 months for. :/

Japan eShop from NCL seems pretty light for pickups, that People Puzzloop game from Mitchell is the only real thing. NOE/NOA will probably handle Picross-e and Denpa Ningen RPG for Jupiter and Genius Sonority respectively, and maybe you'll get Sakura Samurai after all.

I expect Europe will get IE3 late in the year or in early 2013 too. And maybe a Calciobit localization?

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
I actually think it is a decent first-party line up from Nintendo for the 3DS. I was a bit worried before about the variety and overall quantity, but this will suffice.

Nintendo of America 3DS First-Party Releases Retail
New Super Mario Bros. 2 Aug. 19
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! Oct. 1
Crosswords Plus Oct. 1
Style Savvy: Trendsetters Oct. 22
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask Oct. 28
Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive! Nov. 5
Paper Mario: Sticker Star Nov. 11

Nintendo of America 3DS First-Party Releases e-Shop
Pokémon Dream Radar Oct. 7
Sparkle Snapshots 3D Oct. 18
Pokédex 3D Pro Nov. 8
Fluidity: Spin Cycle Q4

Nintendo of America 3DS First-Party Releases Virtual Console
Wario Land II Q4
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link Q4

Hopefully Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Fire Emblem: Awakening are released extremely early in Q1 and not after March. What a great way to kick of 2013 that would be.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
No LM2 is bullshit. Only thing I'm interested in is Paper Mario and maybe Harvest Moon/Epic Mickey (I'll be buying Virtue on Vita). Oh well, 2013 is going to be a killer......

Still surprising it's not getting any COD or 007 ports. Maybe Treyarch and Eurocom are waiting for the Circle Pad Pro XL?

We'll probably see more hardcore 3DS support from Activision next year. Don't really think they'll wait on the CPP XL since the regular 3DS already has one and has more units out there.

Somnid

I'm betting Luigi got bumped for the very thing people have been pointing out for a while: Too much Mario. They probably thought it needed some space, especially since Wii U is most definitely the focus this year and 3DS games are likely to get passed over. I think like most launch consoles Q1 for Wii U is going to be pretty barren and so they'll shift their focus to 3DS then with FE, AC and LM.

Seems like a pretty decent line up to me. I just need Vita to bomb a little longer so I can try to pick these both up. Can someone explain Cave Story again? Hasn't it been released on 3DS like 3 times already?
Cave Story (DSiWare) barebones port, decent, chugs a bit here and there, 2D only, released in 2010 in America, 2011 in Japan, lol Europe

Cave Story 3D (3DS card) ugly polygonal "2.5D" remake, plays well, published by Nippon Ichi, bonus characters/areas, released in 2010/2011 worldwide

Cave Story + (3DS eShop) port of WiiWare/PC/Mac version, includes "16bit" graphics/audio options, 3D enabled, coming later this year

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I actually think it is a decent first-party line up from Nintendo for the 3DS. I was a bit worried before about the variety and overall quantity, but this will suffice.

Nintendo of America 3DS First-Party Releases Retail
New Super Mario Bros. 2 Aug. 19
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! Oct. 1
Crosswords Plus Oct. 1
Style Savvy: Trendsetters Oct. 22
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask Oct. 28
Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive! Nov. 5
Paper Mario: Sticker Star Nov. 11

Nintendo of America 3DS First-Party Releases e-Shop
Pokémon Dream Radar Oct. 7
Sparkle Snapshots 3D Oct. 18
Pokédex 3D Pro Nov. 8
Fluidity: Spin Cycle Q4

Wario Land II Q4

Hopefully Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Fire Emblem: Awakening are released extremely early in Q1 and not after March. What a great way to kick of 2013 that would be.

What if

Animal Crossing: February
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon: March
Fire Emblem: April?

Wouldn't it be great? :D

Other years its like cry cry Paper Mario where??? now we're getting Paper Mario and still managed to find something to cry about lol.

This year could possibly have new Paper Mario AND Pikmin games. I'm not complaining. :D

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
By the way, on that press release Nintendo Crosswords Plus is on the retail game listing, but the trailer says e-shop.

Which one is it?

Wario Land II Q4
This lineup frankly sucks. By year's end we really need to be through the NES Ambassador stuff and have parity with European releases (Kirby's Dream Land 2, Dr. Mario, etc). This would be an okay lineup for the rest of the month maybe, but not rest of the year.

Bruno MB

Terrible 3DS third-party line-up, nothing unexpected since Western companies don't support portable consoles.

I'm glad to see that Paper Mario: Sticker Star has a release date, it's been too long since it was first announced in E3 2010. Nintendo will probably give it a deservedly push this Christmas.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Terrible 3DS third-party line-up, nothing unexpected since Western companies don't support portable consoles.

I'm glad to see that Paper Mario: Sticker Star has a release date, it's been too long since it was first announced in E3 2010. Nintendo will probably give it a deservedly push this Christmas.

Virtue's Last Reward
Epic Mickey
Scribblenauts
Code of Princess
Harvest Moon

+

many multi releases

+

Castlevania which was Fall 2012

Overall, it's nice, and there are more Western "big" releases than DS, just to say, ever had in its Fall/Holidays. Yeah, I know there aren't many Western "good" releases, but it's an improvement compared to DS.

Murrah

Banned
Wow, Luigi's Mansion was the one delayed and not Paper Mario?

So does that mean Zelda 2 and WL2 are the only first party Virtual Console games for the rest of the year (even though there's still a bunch of NES Ambassador games that still need to be added). Thanks for giving me no reasons to care about the eShop Nintendo

Conor 419

Banned
If the Monster Hunter rumours are true then I think Paper Mario/3G is a beautiful combination to settle alongside the Wii U launch.

So does that mean Zelda 2 and WL2 are the only first party Virtual Console games for the rest of the year (even though there's still a bunch of NES Ambassador games that still need to be added). Thanks for giving me no reasons to care about the eShop Nintendo
I just bitched about it, but I doubt this is final. We have to see stuff like Kirby's DL2, Dr. Mario, SMB2 JP and Ice Climber also I think. I mean, come on, NOA can't be that bad? Can they? :(

DQM :(

I really hope that comes here. Worried that Square/Nintendo's utter apathy towards Joker 2 doesn't impact their efforts with the series.

Top Bottom