• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA reveals line-up for Nintendo DS/3DS [Dates, Trailers, Delays, Announcements]

Wiz

I'm not sure what I'll get, but probably ...
- NSMB 2
- Paper Mario Sticker Star
- Pokemon Black 2

This will probably be my definite buys too, handheld wise. Most of my money will be going to the Wii U and launch games.

Zornica

Banned
So if these are the dates for America, they will be much worse for Europe and Australia. Guess theres nothing I want for 3DS this year then. Might pick up Layton.

I wonder why this is still common believe. I think NoE really redeemed themselves the last 2 years and they showed that they do care, and brought over many more games than NoA. Even from this list, we already got some titles. Same goes for 3rd party, as picross e is already out, or will be soon, Rayman has been out for ages. Fire Emblem is confirmed in europe for early 2013 by shibata himself. With the next nintendo direct and gamescom around the corner, there is no reason to panic, yet.
That ongoing inferiority complex has to stop, it's annoying.

@list: for a second I thought goemon was a new game... but it's probably just vc, right?

Oh...what boring line-up

It seems NSMB 2 is the only 3DS game this year (last 4 months) for me.

And here they come again...the thoughts of selling the handheld because of a lack of good games...

Don't forget we already had Kid Icarus, Resident Evil: Revelations, Kingdom Hearts 3DDD, and NSMB2 is about to come out. Calling this year weak for the 3DS with the additional game releases just announced is a troll. You can't have a 3DS with a legitmate reason and can't find any previous/future 2012 release appetizing

emb

Shame about the Luigi's Mansion delay. I guess I wouldn't have had the money anyway. Paper Mario is exciting though, and good to see us finally getting Layton.

Wonder why Freaky Forms gets the deluxe treatment instead of Pushmo. :(

Aru

Quite a few games I'm looking forward to:
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion
Code of Princess
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (will buy on Vita, though)

Nothing I'll buy day 1 though.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Just realized Cave Story is there under eShop - Is this an updated version of the DSiWare game? I already own that, it would kinda suck if there was a new version with more features.

Edit:

Also - Wario Land II? YES! That game was my childhood.

EktorPR

Oh...what boring line-up

It seems NSMB 2 is the only 3DS game this year (last 4 months) for me.

And here they come again...the thoughts of selling the handheld because of a lack of good games...

iFeTpJeE143ZY.gif

Wiz

Just realized Cave Story is there under eShop - Is this an updated version of the DSiWare game? I already own that, it would kinda suck if there was a new version with more features.

Edit:

Also - Wario Land II? YES! That game was my childhood.

I think that's referring to CaveStory+...which is an updated version of the original.

What's amusing to me is that the game currently in my 3DS while I await the XL to come out is CrossworDS. I love anagram mode. It's short, fast, and forces me to think a little. A sequel to that on 3DS is giving me a semi. I wish it was a cheapy e-shop game though. Hopefully it doesn't exceed 19.99 at retail.

Meelow

Banned
Historically Nintendo has always struggled to support 2 systems. When the DS came along, the Gamecube died, when the Wii arrived the DS was left up to third parties, with the 3DS the Wii entered oblivion, and now the 3DS must struggle on while the WiiU has their attention.

Sony at least grew it's stables over the years to offer a fair glut of content on 2 systems at once (even though I'm expecting far more at Gamescom), I mean the backend of this year has LBP Vita, Battle Royale, and Sly Cooper on Vita.

It usually gets better when Nintendo them both stable.

We were shown Paper Mario and Animal Crossing awfully early. At least Paper Mario is coming out this year. It's unfortunate to hear about Luigi's Mansion, though.

Etzer

I thought Paper Mario would be delayed, not Luigi's Mansion. Also, I never really thought Animal Crossing would make it this year. Anyway, seems like a good line-up to me.

My 3DS shopping list:
- Code of Princess
- Adventure Time Collector's Edition
- Pokemon Black 2
- NSMB2
- Unchained Blades
- Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward
- Castlevania (?)

...and maybe Paper Mario and Professor Layton. Plus, I still have to pick up Theatrhythm so it's been a good year for 3DS.

beje

Banned
We were shown Paper Mario and Animal Crossing awfully early. At least Paper Mario is coming out this year. It's unfortunate to hear about Luigi's Mansion, though.

I guess that's exactly what they want to avoid with WiiU. They just want to build hype on what's going to be available on day 1 and work their way from there, especially since the last rumours where they will most likely be supply-constrained for the first months. They surely don't want lots and lots of dedicate gamers buying the system on promises of future releases (Paper Mario and AC where revealed more than 2 years ago in retrospective, and I know people that bought the console before the price drop thinking they were coming on Fall 2011) only to be gutted here and there on the internet later on because "no gaems", while people legitimately interested won't be able to get a console.

Or they could just be stupid and clueless, with Nintendo you never know.

Between NSMB2, Paper Mario, Black/White 2 and Mask of Miracle, I'm more than satisfied when it comes to handheld gaming this year.

Jesus, all I've done for the 6 past months on my 3DS is walk around and get coins for Find Mii.

I bought this thing a year ago for Animal Crossing :(

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If Castlevania and LM2 don't make this year LOL. The 3rd party localization effort on 3DS so far has been pathetic.

Err...Code of Princess, Virtue's Last Reward, Harvest Moon.
Especially this, look at how localization went for DS chapters, the times, and see in how much less time it's coming here.

Where is Zelda?
Where is F-Zero?
Where is Donkey Kong?
Where is Wave Race?
Where is Animal Crossing?
Where is Wario Land?
Where is Kirby?
Where is Smash Brothers?
Where is Metroid?
Maybe a Pikmin game?
Or a new Stafox?
What about Mario Party 3D with online MP?

No, there's none of them...

I see Nintendo is leaving November 18 free. For Wii U!

That sucks about Luigi's Mansion. I have to wonder if there is something wrong with the game now. This game is going to be announced and not released longer than Kid Icarus was. Hopefully it ends up as awesome and full of stuff as Kid Icarus.

hatchx

Banned
What happened to all that PR speak about momentum?

That's a dismal lineup if you ask me. There are no big contenders for AAA 3DS games until Paper Mario in November. Luigi's Mansion is the best looking title for 3DS, and in my opinion was a big holiday release. Castlevania is a miss too, it seems.

How did Luigi's Mansion 2 get delayed until first half 2013? The game has been in development for a pretty long time now, it might even get it's third e3 appearance.

....and people can point out RE:R, Kid Icarus, NSMB, and Kingdom Hearts 3D all they want (and as much as I love RE:R and Kid Icarus) but none of them are higher than 85 on metacritic.

NOA should just triple their localization efforts. It would solve all their drought problems on 3DS.

Err...Code of Princess, Virtue's Last Reward, Harvest Moon.
Especially this, look at how localization went for DS chapters, the times, and see in how much less time it's coming here.

3 games out of how many that have come out in Japan this year or are coming out?

....and people can point out RE:R, Kid Icarus, NSMB, and Kingdom Hearts 3D all they want (and as much as I love RE:R and Kid Icarus) but none of them are higher than 85 on metacritic.

Although I somewhat agree with your overall point, this is a HORRIBLE way to put this.

Where is Zelda?
Where is F-Zero?
Where is Donkey Kong?
Where is Wave Race?
Where is Animal Crossing?
Where is Wario Land?
Where is Kirby?
Where is Smash Brothers?
Where is Metroid?
Maybe a Pikmin game?
Or a new Stafox?
What about Mario Party 3D with online MP?

No, there's none of them...
Wiiu

Sora_N

Shame about the Luigi's Mansion delay. I guess I wouldn't have had the money anyway. Paper Mario is exciting though, and good to see us finally getting Layton.

Wonder why Freaky Forms gets the deluxe treatment instead of Pushmo. :(

What is deluxe anyways? I've been on the fence about Pushmo because I don't like digital.

For comparison Nintendo's DS 2006 lineup

Electroplankton
Otona no DS Golf
Super Princess Peach
Pokémon Trozei!
Metroid Prime Hunters
Tetris DS
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day!
New Super Mario Bros.
Magnetica
Big Brain Academy
Sudoku Gridmaster
Tenchu: Dark Secret
Star Fox Command
Mario Hoops 3-on-3
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis
Clubhouse Games
Nintendogs: Dalmatian & Friends
Magical Starsign
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
Pokémon Ranger
Children of Mana
Elite Beat Agents
Yoshi's Island DS
Kirby: Squeak Squad

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Well this thread sure killed any motivation for buying a 3DS XL. I can at least now hope that in 2013 some improved color options appear for the system when some better software choices hopefully arrive.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Ok, I can't accept this. Bye.

With my purchase of the XL this coming weekend, and replaying my 3DS library, I'm more than fine with getting the following games for the rest of the year:

NSMB2
Layton
Paper Mario
Pokemon
Epic Mickey
Code of Princess
Unchained Blades
Adventure Time

Top Bottom