• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia 928 - coming to Verizon 5/16 - $99.99 w/$25 app store credit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I811bJs.jpg

6Qmo1e9.jpg

Nokia Lumia 928 - coming to Verizon 5/16 - $99.99 after $50 mail-in-rebate with a new two year customer agreement $25 app store credit.

• Display: 4.5 inch WXGA HD OLED; Resolution 1280 x 768, Aspect Ratio 15:9, Pixel Density 334 ppi; ClearBlack display, Sunlight Readability Enhancement (SRE), High Brightness Mode (HBM); Luminance 300 nits (nominal max), 500 nits (High Brightness Mode); Color depth 24 bit, 16M colors, refresh rate 60Hz; Super-sensitive capacitive touch enables interacting with the display with gloves and long fingernails; Display active area: 58.37 mm x 97.28 mm; 2.5D Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2
  • Battery: Integrated 2000mAh battery, Li-po, BV 4-NW
  • Processor:1.5GHz dual core, Qualcomm MSM8960+WTR
  • Main Camera: PureView 8.7MP Auto Focus with Carl Zeiss Tessar f/2.0, 26mm True 16:9 optics, 1.4 sensor; Optical Image stabilization; Xenon Flash for Still Images, 1.4 sensor; Optical Image stabilization; Xenon Flash for Still Images; LED for Video; HD 1080p Video Capture @ 30 fps
  • Front facing camera: 720p HD video and 1.2MP still images
  • Memory: 1 GB RAM; 32GB internal memory (formatted capacity is less); 7GB free in SkyDrive with additional storage via subscription
  • Size: 10.2 mm thick, 162g (thinner and lighter than the old 920 (10.7 mm, 185g))

(Thanks, AkuMifune)

Nokia Conversations

The Nokia Lumia 928 is the latest installment of the Nokia’s Windows Phone 8 line-up and comes equipped with everything you need to capture summer memories as they unfold.

Imaging is king

The Nokia Lumia 928 features Nokia’s powerful PureView imaging technology, including Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), which makes it easy to capture blur-free pictures and videos every time, even in low-light. Along with OIS, the Nokia Lumia 928 features a Carl Zeiss lens – and photo buffs will love that a xenon flash is on board.

With a camera like this on the Nokia Lumia 928, you can leave your digital SLR at home this summer as you head out and about.

Make a lot of noise

To go along with the stunning imaging capabilities of the Nokia Lumia 928, we’ve built in three high-audio-amplitude-capture microphones to make sure you can capture high-end, distortion-free audio even in the noisiest environments.

It doesn’t matter if you’re at a monster truck rally, rock concert or summer party, you’ll have the best audio possible on a mobile with the Nokia Lumia 928 thanks to these high-performance microphones that record sound naturally and distortion-free, up to 140db.

Stunning design

This phone was built to perform, but it’s also is a joy to hold. The front of the Nokia Lumia 928 is dominated by a 4.5-inch OLED display covered by Gorilla Glass that extends all the way to the edge of the phone, bringing a quality feel. This phone is perfect for summer because the screen is easily readable, even in bright sunlight and the touchscreen works even if your fingertips are covered up.

For added convenience, the Nokia Lumia 928 features wireless charging built-in. Simply place your phone on the Nokia Wireless Charging Pillow by Fatboy, JBL PlayUp or one of our other wireless charging accessories and power up.

Nokia exclusive experiences built-in

The software and services that make the Nokia Lumia unique are included out of the box with the Nokia Lumia 928. First of all, the HERE Suite brings intuitive location services that ensure you’re never lost or wondering what to do when in a new city. You can count on HERE Maps, HERE Drive+ and HERE City Lens to help you navigate your environment each and every day.

Looking for some tunes to get your groove on? Nokia Music features unlimited streaming of free music playlists that you can even take offline.

To extend the functionality of the Nokia Lumia 928, you can count on the 145,000 apps in the Windows Phone store. Getting things done on-the-go is easy with Internet Explorer 10 for faster, safer browsing and Microsoft Office mobile integration.

We’re excited to bring these stunning features accompanied by Windows Phone 8 to Verizon’s ubiquitous 4G LTE network, the largest in the United States.

The Nokia Lumia 928 will be available on May 16th at VerizonWireless.com and at your local Verizon Wireless Store for a price of $99 after a $50 mail in rebate. Also, a new 2-year service agreement is required.

As a sweet bonus – for a limited time – buyers of the Nokia Lumia 928 will get a $25 credit for Windows Phone apps and games with the purchase of the phone.

First hands-on video (Nokia)

Verizon Press Release.

DJ_Lae

Looks nice.

Wonder if it'll come to Canada in some variant (though it'll be $200+ on a three year contract no doubt).

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I like to think it will be release on Bell or Telus. If it does come to Canada it won't by $200. Also they were supposed to announce Nokia Music next week (15th), but it is out now :) Wonder if there is more to announcement in TO next week?

if it comes to canada (and is penta), i ll prob just sell my old phone and buy it off contract . 3 years is just too much.

AkuMifune

Banned
Can't wait! I always planned to jump to the newest phone the day my early upgrade was up. Looking forward to playing with the HERE stuff and Windows Phone 8.

I called and asked a Verizon rep if there would be pre-orders and she said the phone hadn't been announced yet.

Lol Verizon.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
$25 app credit is useless when there are no apps on the platform to buy.

Alright guys, between me and brot, we took care of the trolling for you, let's talk about the phone now. :)

krae_man

Looks nice.

Wonder if it'll come to Canada in some variant (though it'll be $200+ on a three year contract no doubt).

Be glad you're not on Wind. They add an insane premium to phone prices so their 3 year tab contracts end up only about $100 cheaper then buying the phone outright.

Subitai

Can't wait! I always planned to jump to the newest phone the day my early upgrade was up. Looking forward to playing with the HERE stuff and Windows Phone 8.

I called and asked a Verizon rep if there would be pre-orders and she said the phone hadn't been announced yet.

Lol Verizon.
My experience is Verizon doesn't tell their sales people anything until after the fact.

Anyway, I'll stick w/ my 822 till my contract is over. Even though sales will likely still be low, I'm confident there will be Windows smart phones available 19 months from now.

DieH@rd

Banned
No android, no quadcore, no buy.

But at least it will drive larger manufacture of OLED displays, and force other manufacturers to use it. In time, they will become cheaper.

edit - LOL, its not OLED, is AMOLED. Epic fail.

can a Xenon flash be used as a flashlight like LEDs can?

i know there are Xenon flashlights, but in the cameras i used, the Xenon flash had a 'cooldown' period.

Milchjon

This actually looks a lot better than I thought it would. Not quite Lumia 800-pretty, but with all the small upgrades it seems to be a better deal than the 920.

DJ_Lae

Be glad you're not on Wind. They add an insane premium to phone prices so their 3 year tab contracts end up only about $100 cheaper then buying the phone outright.

Oh I am on Wind (currently using a Nokia 710), though I've never really paid attention to their phone prices.

Even if over three years it's only $100 cheaper than buying the phone out, that's better than the alternatives. I know recently with Fido and Rogers you were basically barred from their discounted plans and required to sign up for three years with the full price variants. So if you got an iPhone 5 on contract you'd end up paying about $200 more than if you'd bought the phone outright (plus it would be unlocked).

That and you're also locked in a damn three year contract. Holy shit do Canada's cell options suck.

krae_man

Oh I am on Wind (currently using a Nokia 710), though I've never really paid attention to their phone prices.

Even if over three years it's only $100 cheaper than buying the phone out, that's better than the alternatives. I know recently with Fido and Rogers you were basically barred from their discounted plans and required to sign up for three years with the full price variants. So if you got an iPhone 5 on contract you'd end up paying about $200 more than if you'd bought the phone outright (plus it would be unlocked).

That and you're also locked in a damn three year contract. Holy shit do Canada's cell options suck.

Hey, we have the same phone!

The Nexus 4 was $549 or $249 with a 3 year tab or you could buy it from Google for $309. Also, they still want $249 for a S3 with a 3 year contract.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Only if it has the Swipe UI.

Where are you hiding anyway? I need your support in the various threads.
hibernating. free now though.

i am also with wind, gotta g nexus. but i really don't wanna deal with droids anymore, gonna wait and see what the deal with the 5S is before making a move though.

AkuMifune

Banned
So us with 920s won't feel like the cool kids in the WP8 club?

D:

You guys have the cool colors. The longer the day goes on the more grumpy I am about another black phone with a verizon logo.

Still day 1 (6 days!) but good job at underwhelming Verizon.

Like this fan mockup of what a red verizon 928 would have looked like (now we now glass goes to edge of screen, but still)

Seriously. I'd stab myself in the eye with a spork for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom