• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia |OT| Worth the Weight

I'm using an iPhone 5 now but I think I am going to sell it and get one of these and an iPad mini LTE (currently have iPad 2). I used to be the biggest Nokia fanboy but lost patience witht the company when Elop dumped the N9 which I still consider the best phone OS ever created.
Can't wait to come home.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Argh, no update on my shipping status. I am going to portland on saturday, I really want it by friday.

Troll

Banned
I'm using an iPhone 5 now but I think I am going to sell it and get one of these and an iPad mini LTE (currently have iPad 2). I used to be the biggest Nokia fanboy but lost patience witht the company when Elop dumped the N9 which I still consider the best phone OS ever created.
Can't wait to come home.

I think that I don't really feel the app deficiency because of the iPad.

SeanR1221

Trust me ill post some pics.

Asked my att how many they had in stock. He wouldn't tell me but he said "I doubt we'll sell out anyway"

;__; burn.

I think that I don't really feel the app deficiency because of the iPad.

The iPad will be THE tablet to own for a while due to apps. I could see myself always owning one for work. The amount of apps I can use with kids with autism is staggering.

kilongs

Lol, ordered yesterday morning around 7am.
-Used the upgrade for my current plan
-Cyan
-No option to choose charging pad

KoukiFC

Neo Member
How well does it work? I imagine it's not perfect with the mix of capacitative and physical button...

As long as you press power first, it works great. Only thing is that it makes a loud screenshot sound, even on vibrate mode.

Might be able to turn the sound off tho, since the camera shutter sound can be turned off.

BlackJace

It has lower resolution (800x480), the camera is 8mp but it lacks the OIS, and it has smaller storage but I think it has a microSD slot, the processor and ram is the same.

If you want a comparable phone to the 920 you should check the HTC 8X or wait to december for the Samsung ATIV S

Yikes, that sounds a tad disappointing. I'll wait and see. Thanks though.

kazinova

Whelp, I called the Microsoft Store and now they're saying they'll have demo units and an AT&T rep to help order my phone. Essentially what I could have done yesterday...this sucks.

So many mixed signals, so little information available for all of this. Looks like I might get my cyan 920 sometime next week.

BOO!!!

Slightly OT, but after having a shit phone for years and not realising how far things had advanced, I bought a Lumia 800. I'd read they were going cheap due to the imminent release of the 820. I've been absolutely blown away by it. The fact that my 800 only has W7 or whatever means nothing to me, because it's such a step up from the old-tech phones I had before.

As a person who has never cared much for phones and never seen them as an essential part of life, my Lumia 800 has totally changed things. I can actually go on the fucking internet on my phone! I have MS Office built in :O

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Slightly OT, but after having a shit phone for years and not realising how far things had advanced, I bought a Lumia 800. I'd read they were going cheap due to the imminent release of the 820. I've been absolutely blown away by it. The fact that my 800 only has W7 or whatever means nothing to me, because it's such a step up from the old-tech phones I had before.

As a person who has never cared much for phones and never seen them as an essential part of life, my Lumia 800 has totally changed things. I can actually go on the fucking internet on my phone! I have MS Office built in :O

The 800 is a beautiful phone and will do most of you need to with ease.

jaypah

Still no shipping info...starting to get anxious.

Unrelated, I showed my coworker the phones and he said the colors make him think of cupcakes. I told him it's more of a muffin than anything!

Troll

Banned
Looks like one of my orders will be delivered on the 12th. :/

e: Wait, that's just the charging plate. Hopefully the phones get here tomorrow. I sort of doubt it at this point, even though I preordered same day.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I love my 800. I like just tilting it back and forth to see how he highlights play across the curved glass edges. Does the 920 have the same, or is it flat edged like the 900?

Milchjon

Until it snaps your fingers off and crushes your foot.

I expect many OMG its so heavy related pics tomorrow. I will definitely do my part.

Yeah, better stay safe and get an iPad Mini. I hear that one's so light, it works perfectly for one-handed use.

Troll

Banned
Yeah, white getting here Monday and Cyan still hasn't shipped.

:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Quikies83

WTF!!!
Just got an email that my order has been processed and is pending shipment. It gave a link to check status and get tracking number -- link to att site now shows that there is no orders under my account or for that order number :(
I called att and the rep couldn't pull up the order but she placed me on hold and got ahold of another dept and they found my order but said it wasn't showing up on the att site now because it is on backorder.... lol i mean what the fuck? I preordered yesterday morning around 10am and have had a processing status all day -- now nothing?
Definitely have the pending charge on my debit card though..

edit: ordered cyan

JuanMR2

Mine should arrive tomorrow.
Ordered the Cyan around 12am PST yesterday. No free charger and paid $15 for overnight shipping.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm wondering if I should consider the red version. If I walk into my local ATT store and they have the red, I may be tempted to cancel the cyan (provided my order hasn't shipped). I may jump on that especially if they have the charging pads available and would give me one with the red phone.

Troll

Banned
I'm wondering if I should consider the red version. If I walk into my local ATT store and they have the red, I may be tempted to cancel the cyan (provided my order hasn't shipped). I may jump on that especially if they have the charging pads available and would give me one with the red phone.

Honestly the only one that I don't like is the black one. I'd be good with any color but my preference is the Cyan.

Top Bottom