• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia |OT| Worth the Weight

kazinova

I'm trying so very hard to not call the Microsoft Store to double check they are getting 920s in tomorrow. Do I try and go in the morning or do I suffer through the whole days work and go in the afternoon?

I should probably come into work at 6am and plan on getting out at 2:30pm. New phone/OS would just make the whole days work pointless. I wouldn't get anything done.

maeh2k

1. What languages does WP8 support? I didn't buy a WP7 phone because there was no Hebrew suppot whatsoever.

It supports tons of languages. According to Wikipedia it's the "First version of Windows phone with Hebrew support."

Troll

Banned
I'm trying so very hard to not call the Microsoft Store to double check they are getting 920s in tomorrow. Do I try and go in the morning or do I suffer through the whole days work and go in the afternoon?

I should probably come into work at 6am and plan on getting out at 2:30pm. New phone/OS would just make the whole days work pointless. I wouldn't get anything done.

Call and see if they can hold it for you. If you can try the morning, having that phone is going to feel pretty good.

Doffen

I hate you people.

It’s still 3 week until the 920 releases in Scandinavia and the worst part is the fact that there are no plans for cyan here.

kazinova

Call and see if they can hold it for you. If you can try the morning, having that phone is going to feel pretty good.

Yeah, but I'll be totally inefficient at my job and if I keep it in my pocket I'll walk with a limp all day from the weight...

Bullza2o

My Lumia 920 is in transit now from Forth Worth. I hope it's not slowing down the truck, haha.

Wow at the AT&T reps. I got hung up on, and was told they'll send me the charging plate but I never got confirmation about it. Now I'm waiting for another call. For some reason it's so hard to send a charging plate.

kharma45

Is it true there's no third party keyboards on WP8? Not sure I can live without SwiftKey..

It is but the keyboard on Windows Phone is the best I've used on any phone, although SwitftKey I've only briefly used on a friends One X so it's hard to compare it against that.

when changing from grandfather plan, I still got an option for Unlimited Data LTE.. what's the deal?

I recheck again and the unlimited plan is all the way at the bottom of the page. My bad :p

Good news is, my monthly plan will go down because unlimited 4G plan comes with 200 messages (my grandfathered plan didn't have this) so I'm ordering one now :) I'll keep my Android around to play games and watch NBA.

Quikies83

What are you asking? You can keep your unlimited on AT&T. It was Verizon that forces you off when you upgrade phones.
Right. It was my understanding that AT&T should not be offering me the option to bring over my iPhone unlimited plan.
I'll take it though - unlimited data and messaging for $50

UraMallas

My Lumia 920 is in transit now from Forth Worth. I hope it's not slowing down the truck, haha.

Wow at the AT&T reps. I got hung up on, and was told they'll send me the charging plate but I never got confirmation about it. Now I'm waiting for another call. For some reason it's so hard to send a charging plate.

Where are you located, what color is your phone, what time did you order your phone and what site did you use?

Holy crap, I need help.

EDIT: YES!! I just updated my order status at https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/ and it has a shipping date of 11/08/2012 and a carrier listed as FDE (FedEx.) It still has the status as processing and hasn't updated a tracking number but those other two fields have definitely updated for me. Since I did overnight shipping I should be receiving my phone on 11/09. :)

Des Moines, IA
Cyan
Ordered at 9:00am CST through the regular AT&T site.

Bullza2o

Where are you located, what color is your phone, what time did you order your phone and what site did you use?

Holy crap, I need help.

Chicago. Delivery should be by 4pm Friday.
Black
Around 11pm CST (when it started). myAT&T upgrade, but it switched me to Premier for some reason during the process. Hence I got confused, and probably why I did not get to order the charging plate.

1JTxA.jpg

I've been on iOS since the 3g iPhone and have an iPhone 4 that is on its way out.

The iPhone 5 didn't do it for me, so now I'm trying to decide between Android and Windows. This Lumia looks awesome--can someone who made the switch from iOS to a Lumia give me some impressions? (Or just point me to them?)

f0lken

I've been on iOS since the 3g iPhone and have an iPhone 4 that is on its way out.

The iPhone 5 didn't do it for me, so now I'm trying to decide between Android and Windows. This Lumia looks awesome--can someone who made the switch from iOS to a Lumia give me some impressions? (Or just point me to them?)

What apps you can't live without??

UraMallas

Just called AT&T at 877-782-8870 and talk to a rep (Erica) who confirmed that the order just shipped via FedEx and gave me a tracking number. Shipped from Memphis, TN at 12:37pm 11/08. She told me that it would be at my door by 3pm CST 11/09. Happy birthday, UraMallas.

Ordered a cyan 920 at 9:00am on 11/07 from the regular site. Charger is supposedly shipping at a later date.

What apps you can't live without??

I use my phone 90% between twitter, texting, mail, maps. I can adjust to everything else, but I'll miss Tweetbot.

I like the new HTC Android phone--looks like it has a finish similar to my new Kindle Paperwhite. But something about Windows 8 appeals to me more.

Milchjon

I use my phone 90% between twitter, texting, mail, maps. I can adjust to everything else, but I'll miss Tweetbot.

I like the new HTC Android phone--looks like it has a finish similar to my new Kindle Paperwhite. But something about Windows 8 appeals to me more.

You should be happy with WP.

Bullza2o

Just called AT&T at 877-782-8870 and talk to a rep (Erica) who confirmed that the order just shipped via FedEx and gave me a tracking number. Shipped from Memphis, TN at 12:37pm 11/08. She told me that it would be at my door by 3pm CST 11/09. Happy birthday, UraMallas.

Ordered a cyan 920 at 9:00am on 11/07 from the regular site. Charger is supposedly shipping at a later date.

Happy Birthday!
Does your charger have a status as well, or just the phone and sim?

f0lken

Then you will be happy if you b uy a Lumia, is a really good device, I made the switch from an iPhone 4 (but I've had it all since the original) to a WP a year and half ago and was a refreshing experience, the OS is full of little things that make everything more enjoyable, it just takes some weeks to adapt, even more if you came from a good period of time on iOS but I can tell you that I've had a Galaxy Note (now in Jelly Bean) 6 months now and as good as it is, I can't wait to go back to WP now that it has a competitive hardware to match the software

SeanR1221

Guys! If you go to the Lumia 920 page on ATT.com and search your store, you can check the stock. The store I'm going to says in stock, but many say limited or no stock.

I checked all the colors, most have black, a few have limited red and the rest of the colors aren't anywhere.

Troll

Banned
Guys! If you go to the Lumia 920 page on ATT.com and search your store, you can check the stock. The store I'm going to says in stock, but many say limited or no stock.

I checked all the colors, most have black, a few have limited red and the rest of the colors aren't anywhere.

Nice. Good catch.

Krakatoa

thanks,
So if they are in stock are they selling them today?

BlackJace

Signed up for verizon's email alerts about the 822. I've held out for another verizon WP for far too long.

Is the verizon version gimped in anyway?

My orders are still processing.

:/

Yeah, mine is still Pending. Called Premier again today to see if I could get more info and asked if something was wrong with the order--they said again that it just takes 24-48 to get a status update sometimes.

venne

Better be inaccurate. . . .

Bullza2o

My charger wasn't on the order, actually. I had to call about that and the rep told me it was shipping at a later date. I hope I get it without much hassle.

Yeah I hope I get it too.

Anyone know if there are any other benefits of the wireless charger other than it being wireless and looking cool?

f0lken

Signed up for verizon's email alerts about the 822. I've held out for another verizon WP for far too long.

Is the verizon version gimped in anyway?

It has lower resolution (800x480), the camera is 8mp but it lacks the OIS, and it has smaller storage but I think it has a microSD slot, the processor and ram is the same.

If you want a comparable phone to the 920 you should check the HTC 8X or wait to december for the Samsung ATIV S

KoukiFC

Neo Member
It has lower resolution (800x480), the camera is 8mp but it lacks the OIS, and it has smaller storage but I think it has a microSD slot, the processor and ram is the same.

If you want a comparable phone to the 920 you should check the HTC 8X or wait to december for the Samsung ATIV S

Isn't its processor 1GHz?
No it's not.

Top Bottom